• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

denx

Just bought this game from cdkeys. Dying to play it right now but it will take a long ass time for the game to download on my shitty internet connection.

sun-drop

tyTebyq.gif

i got a bit lucky with that one

Ran into a couple of the same hackers from a few days ago. They lost, which was hilarious, but one of them still obviously used an aimbot toggle on me. Shadowplay wasn't on for me since it was impacting my framerate when I tried it, but I did manage to write down his name this time around.

Ok seriously I keep getting this audio glitch every single time I play this game where the audio becomes muffled. I barely see anyone talk about that but for me it happens really frequently and the only solution is to restart the Xbox. What gives?

ElRenoRaven

So finished Titanfall 2 finally and tried some multiplayer. First off they've fucking ruined the multiplayer. Pure garbage. Singleplayer was fun until the last 2 levels. Those 2 levels then threw all the good will it built up in the trash. Singleplayer before that I would have easily rated a 8/10 after those 2 levels it's a 3/10 singleplayer and a 0/10 multiplayer for me.

I will not be buying another damn Titanfall game after this atrocity.

Izuna

Banned
So finished Titanfall 2 finally and tried some multiplayer. First off they've fucking ruined the multiplayer. Pure garbage. Singleplayer was fun until the last 2 levels. Those 2 levels then threw all the good will it built up in the trash. Singleplayer before that I would have easily rated a 8/10 after those 2 levels it's a 3/10 singleplayer and a 0/10 multiplayer for me.

Last 2 levels of SP were ass?
What are you talking about?

deoee

You seem to be in the minority here.
What didn't you like?

Arkanius

I'm so tempted to get this...
God GAF help me.

I loved Titanfall 1 on the PC but I wasn't keen on the changes they seem to have made to the multiplayer.

I'm basically on for the Singleplayer and maybe multi casually.
Ugh

deoee

God GAF help me.

I loved Titanfall 1 on the PC but I wasn't keen on the changes they seem to have made to the multiplayer.

Ugh

I also loved Titanfall 1 on PC and I'm having a blast with the MP but you need ~1 hour to get used to all of the changes :)

So I am in love with Ion and Hemlock at the moment. Tone was fun to play for a while, but I just love my lasers. You can get some great damage off with Ion if you are good at hitting crit spots.

Drewfonse

Whaaaaaaat?

SP is fanatstic, and gets better as it goes.

0/10 for MP? *faints*

Still keep getting disconnected at the 'jumping to location' part in multiplayer. Frustrating, and I'm not the only one according to their forums.

This post makes 0 sense to me

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

TIL opinions can be bad

Keihart

This game does a great job of creating "holy Shit" moments. Everyday, I see or accomplish some pretty cool feats and everyone, regardless of skill, will experience their own moments of greatness. it's one of those things that keep me interested in the game as I am constantly experimenting with different titans, perks and loadouts in order to see what kind of craziness I can conjure up next. So many things have made me smash the share button on the DS4 more than any other gave I've played (MGSV is a close second)

The only game with more share moments for me is Rainbow Six Siege. What a great moment for fresh new online shooters.

zou

OT, but the new xbox home screen fucking sucks. giant game hubs icons , in-game images that are twice as large as the actual game/app icon and the friends playing icons keeps blinking.

Incredibly distracting and ugly as fuck

God GAF help me.

Ugh

I'd say get it. I enjoyed the campaign and I play the multiplayer for an hour or so per night.

Calderc

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you're wrong.

exYle

You know what? If Respawn won't increase pilot health then I hope they add some damage resistance for wallrunning and sliding.

Right now using TF2s excellent movement options is just painting a target on your back, and it leaves you at a disadvantage against stationary pilots, who can aim standing still whereas you have to aim while moving rapidly.

I think what should distinguish the great pilots from the others is map knowledge and positioning. I should be able to chain wallruns towards an enemy who isn't moving as fast as me, take a few hits, and still beat him because that means that I am more mechanically skilled than him - not because I saw him first. Similarly, if someone gets the drop on me and I can start wallrunning to safety, I should be able to flee.

Perhaps that's the Overwatch/Gears of War player in me speaking. All I know is that I despise Call of Duty's combat style.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you're wrong.

Wish he'd reply with reasons. The last two missions in SP were the strongest IMO, in fact the SP started out super weak and predictable until the factory level.

The multiplayer being 0 of 10? For someone who liked TiF1? What??? Sure, they made some changes, but it's still Titanfall...

GravyButt

Posting again since im a bit confused about batteries

I don't fully understand this battery stuff (including backup battery)

But say you get the backup battery thing, does it automatically go into your titan when you earn one or something manual you have to do?

Also im assuming if you steal a battery from an enemy titan and you die you drop it?

Thanks

Calderc

But say you get the backup battery thing, does it automatically go into your titan when you earn one or something manual you have to do?

Also im assuming if you steal a battery from an enemy titan and you die you drop it?

Thanks

If you have a battery when you call a Titan, entering the Titan will apply the battery.

And yup, it's dropped when you die. That's what the green dots on the map are.

SwolBro

Banned
Wait what perks are people using? I've been using power cell.. Is the health replenish one really that much better?
Anyways Swol I agree with:
Ordinance or power cell. Most of the time I die on full health so the quicker regen doesn't seem worth it.
Well since i use stim and stim does not give you enough immediate health boost to avoid dying+health regens pretty slow compared to the first game made me switch to health regen instead of power cell.

i was finding that i kept dying after an engagement because i'd turn the corner or someone else would spawn and kill me while my health was regening. in titanfall 1 power cell was the most used because it got you stim back fast and stim was far more important to staying alive. clearly it doesn't work the same here.

i do have a power cell build though, mainly with a volt or alternator load out when i'm running flag.
Pulse blade does promote movement though. Fast movement is literally its counter.

I think Map Hack was, maybe is, unbalanced, but I never had a problem with pulse blade.
pulse blade doesn't promote movement for the player using it. it also makes players want to camp high points instead of moving about the map where you can get pinged.

Weird that there's no control scheme making L1 jump and R1 Slide. Any word if they're going to add that?
yeah that is weird but like i've said countless number of times it's all about the elite type controllers (scuf on ps4)

dankir

Hahahahahahaha all good man we got a community that appreciates the game.

SwolBro

Banned

Thanks

the extra battery is a decent boost. if you do it right you should be able to activate your boost (extra battery) right before dropping your titan sometime early in the match. you activate boost the battery is automatically on your back and all you do is call in your titan and get in. that's the best way the extra battery boost is used. it's a boost mainly useful in attrition and bounty hunt.

iMax

I respect your opinion but those last two levels were off the chain. I don't understand how you can say that without having played a different game by accident.

You know what? If Respawn won't increase pilot health then I hope they add some damage resistance for wallrunning and sliding.

Right now using TF2s excellent movement options is just painting a target on your back, and it leaves you at a disadvantage against stationary pilots, who can aim standing still whereas you have to aim while moving rapidly.

I think what should distinguish the great pilots from the others is map knowledge and positioning. I should be able to chain wallruns towards an enemy who isn't moving as fast as me, take a few hits, and still beat him because that means that I am more mechanically skilled than him - not because I saw him first. Similarly, if someone gets the drop on me and I can start wallrunning to safety, I should be able to flee.

Perhaps that's the Overwatch/Gears of War player in me speaking. All I know is that I despise Call of Duty's combat style.

I'm loving the multiplayer, but I have to agree with you. And I think they should straight up raise the time to kill altogether. Upping kill times does a couple things. It makes different weapons feel more unique because it more readily shows the results of recoil, precision and bullet power. It also minimizes camping; since it takes longer to kill someone from a distance with most weapons and at the same time gives slower more powerful snipers a more unique place in the arsenal. It also promotes crazier firefights where someone may be able to evade your shots from behind if they have the skill to do so which also stresses the use of maneuverability more.

I don't think the fast kill times ruin the game, but I feel like if they upped it by about .5 or maybe even doubled it, it would be a much better feeling game overall. Even if they did double it, it would still be significantly faster than a game like Halo, which I realize is too long for this type of game.

The only other thing really bugging me about this game is the lack of maps. 9 just isn't enough. The Respawn employee that comes here often assured me that the single player doesn't compromise multiplayer content, but 9 launch maps as opposed to 15 sounds pretty compromised to me, even if player progression and variety is upped this time around in other areas.

Marvel

could never
Lol, Atrocity.

Jeez, the game's MP doesn't even FUNCTION for me due to server timeouts and I don't feel that way. Game is solid AF when it works. I have more of a reason not to buy another damn Respawn game than you do I assure you.

All campaign missions were dope too, esp the last few. Fuck me.

wat

Youre gonna have to explain a bit more

Do people still not know the difference between TTK and Amped TTK? I feel it must still skew perceptions.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know and I still think the standard ttk is too fast. It's not COD fast, but it's pretty close. If someone hits you from behind (I say behind because you don't have a visual of them before you get shot, but it could be in front as well), you can get taken down in well under a second even without headshots, which is nowhere near enough time to react. I just feel like wall running and sliding and such takes a back seat when kill times are so damn fast.

Edit: Not having time to react isn't inherently bad, of course it depends on what game you're playing. But getting killed that fast really takes significance away from what Titanfall 2 seems to want to focus on, which is quick evasions and attacks.

Damage resistance when using movement abilities is the best idea out of this thread so far.

or just raise the TTK but they won't do that because that's a lot of effort and for some reason the COD crowd loves dying in 2 hits, even though that's counter-intuitive to all the wall-running

edit: what he said

anyway tone is bullshit

giphy.gif

What was so bad about those last two levels? I thought they were great.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

This makes absolutely no sense? Titanfall rewards wallrunning/movement but this is the wrong way to go about it. Just because you are able to wallrun doesn't mean you should do so haphazardly. I spend the majority of my matches running/moving/wallrunning and rarely die - this is because I do it based off the safety in the moment.

In Crash Site, for example. I see people wallrunning at the very beginning battle in attrition (two teams spawn at bottom/top of the hill). It's stupid to do so unless you have some sort of safety net like phase shift. You're a sitting duck otherwise.

I'd hate to see Respawn reward individuals for bad positioning.

or just raise the TTK but they won't do that because that's a lot of effort and for some reason the COD crowd loves dying in 2 hits, even though that's counter-intuitive to all the wall-running

edit: what he said

anyway tone is bullshit

The TTK was always going to be a major pet peeve of mine, it's really disappointing its set in stone at this point

it's stupid that you need to get kills with anti-titan weapons to unlock stuff, i do a shitton of damage but someone else gets the finishing blow and I don't gain any progress towards unlocking weapon mods? uh, ok

it should just be based on damage to titans or something idk

The TTK was always going to be a major pet peeve of mine, it's really disappointing its set in stone at this point

yup, it was the worst part of the beta and it's the worst part here

increasing damage resistance while wallrunning or sliding would almost make it worse cause then people would just spam them

X-Frame

As someone who hasn't played TF1 or 2, I notice a lot of people refer to the MP Titans as females. Do they speak with female voices?

Top Bottom