• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

The Dude

I think I have to officially be done with the world of fast paced online shooters. Thought I would make it past 41 years old to be honest, but I am officially at a point I cannot fucking hang. And that is truly no fun. Dead last every single match I played. Did not depend on the mode either. One lone game I got second to last, and I think the player who got dead last was idle.

The reason I even picked it up was it was somehow a different experience when I played the beta. I could hang. I truly have no idea what happened between now and then. Perhaps Respawn tweaked the gameplay that much. Perhaps it was just dumb luck those 3 days during the beta.

Oh well, at least the SP seems decent.
Back to Battlefield, where I can hang. Wish I did not go digital.

Bro it's just the cod in this game, trust me. That series is made for the most insane twitchy hyper people on the planet, and im able to top most charts in shooters in matches but cod style games I am mediocre with occasional showing of greatness. There's something about call of duty feeling games and anything associated with the devs of cod that I can not explain but it's not an area I can dominate. Pick up Battlefield 1 imho, glorious game, you need to be fast but it's not about just being insanely twitchy. I was good at titanfall 1 however, but struggling in 2 here even though I like it. I wish someone could give some titan tips because I feel like my Titans do no damage when I'm pounding on someone, I mean everyone's titan seems to crush me or be impenetrable.

But both games are out, and Battlefield 1 is one of the greatest shooters to release in recent years so it's gonna get my main focus, that game is to good. But I like TF2, it's just got a little to much cod for my tastes

Cake Boss

Banned
Yooooo holy fucckkkk this is the best FPS I have played since COD4. Shit is the best SP shooter in a log ass time. The MP is tight as fuck. Goty 2016 for me.

Still super inconsistent in managing to kill pilots, but I'm almost always first in hard point by playing the objectives. I'll take it.

Also melee is useless I really don't like it.

Is anyone else getting massive ping fluctuations on PC? I'm not sure if it's just my internet, but my ping is constantly (like over the course of 2 seconds) going between a ton of numbers between 50 and 150. The (Good) color indicator jumps all over the place too.

KodaRuss

Halfway done installing on PS4. Damn this is taking a while. About to put the kiddo to bed then prepare for Titanfall!

Any news about the pre-order stuff?

Oh and my ping was at 10ms for a little while there. Lowest I have ever seen

Well no wonder I haven't been able to get a single game of CTF, FFA, or any of the Variety playlists.

CTF has 10 players

FFA has 0

Variety has 12

Variety 8v8 has 0

-

Lame.

Are you doing it for kb mouse control? Because if you're that worried the ps4 and Xbox versions look great and DF showed they are rock solid 60 during gameplay.

I got it on PC because I don't own a PS4 nor Xbone.

Mostly worried that this game might not have a decently populated player base on PC with how close it's released to Battlefield 1. But, given how all of the post launch weapons, maps and modes are free, it gives me hope that Titanfall 2 will last a little bit longer.

Izuna

Banned
I disagree ;)

https://youtu.be/QsSfVE-rcb0

30 Pilot Kills and 200+ Attrition points.

qddQUbA.jpg

I doubt I'll ever have a game that good again though to be honest!

;)

The Dude

Yooooo holy fucckkkk this is the best FPS I have played since COD4. Shit is the best SP shooter in a log ass time. The MP is tight as fuck. Goty 2016 for me.

Battlefield 1 for me, that is the shooter of the last 5 years or so imho... Already 50 hours in it. Titanfall 2 tho is runner up, for a game that feels like it'll have longevity. But yea, Bf1 is my shooter of the year easily

DirtyLarry

Bro it's just the cod in this game, trust me. That series is made for the most insane twitchy hyper people on the planet, and im able to top most charts in shooters in matches but cod style games I am mediocre with occasional showing of greatness. There's something about call of duty feeling games and anything associated with the devs of cod that I can not explain but it's not an area I can dominate. Pick up Battlefield 1 imho, glorious game, you need to be fast but it's not about just being insanely twitchy. I was good at titanfall 1 however, but struggling in 2 here even though I like it. I wish someone could give some titan tips because I feel like my Titans do no damage when I'm pounding on someone, I mean everyone's titan seems to crush me or be impenetrable.

But both games are out, and Battlefield 1 is one of the greatest shooters to release in recent years so it's gonna get my main focus, that game is to good. But I like TF2, it's just got a little to much cod for my tastes
Oh no doubt, I guess you missed it but I ended my post with Back To Battlefield I can hang with BF and actually have fun.
And absolutely you are correct, as I also suck at COD as well. Well at least since MW2. I was okay at it, but that was the last COD I could hang. I just feel like maybe this time will be it and I will get it. Just never happens.

I wouldn't mind some titan tips as well, as I feel like I am in the same boat. They do nothing and I am out of them within 20-30 seconds of spawning if I am lucky.

QUESTION: I'm about to jump on this, but I need to ask a question first. In MP is there any meaningful progression? Meaning, unlocks, pilot progression, mech progression, etc? I like that stuff.

BONUS ?: Are there any modes in MP that are like Mech Commander where the mechs just battle or is it split focus b/t pilot and mech? (As i've seen in the vids.)

Reminder: Happy Hour on TitanGAF PC is in 15 minutes!

Man, I hope people start playing LTS soon. The game just seems made for that mode with batteries, no shields, and fixed Titan loadouts.
Didn't you kill a whole team in that last BH game with one melee swing?

Also credit to the animators at Respawn, your phase/spin/slash stuff looked fucking awesome to watch.
Four in two swings, then the last one with a Leadwall shot.

EL CUCO

At first I hated BT's voice. Thought it was an Optimus Prime cheap knock off. Now I love it. It's almost soothing lol

yep, I cant find any games on my region. Need to change to New York data center to find something

Whats the ps4 number?

They need to remove data centers. Just put everyone in the best one.

And it really sounds like they need to rid of some playlists. Seems like they have way too many

Bounty hunt and attrition just seem redundant, and does the game need PvP & Skirmish?

The Dude

Oh no doubt, I guess you missed it but I ended my post with Back To Battlefield I can hang with BF and actually have fun.
And absolutely you are correct, as I also suck at COD as well. Well at least since MW2. I was okay at it, but that was the last COD I could hang. I just feel like maybe this time will be it and I will get it. Just never happens.

I wouldn't mind some titan tips as well, as I feel like I am in the same boat. They do nothing and I am out of them within 20-30 seconds of spawning if I am lucky.

Ah yea missed that part, good to hear. Yea Battlefield is brilliant, they did that game almost perfect imho from the premise to the feel of the weapons, everything. And like we both said there's something a bit more enjoyable about the flow of the game, let's us hang. I'm 37 and I can be quick, the problem I have with cod style games is no matter how I roam I'm always killed from behind. It's like the motto of call of duty, kill from behind, because there's a million entrances everywhere to every area. That's why I love Battlefield, you can get flow of battle and sort of know where enemies are going to be and fight head on. But I mean there's just something about this game that I just can't figure out, in the first titanfall I was a beast. It was frantic but not totally chaotic, this is absolutely chaos... I am in my titan for about a minute, if two titans are near me it's over. I mean I dunno how people are doing it. Plus I shoot titans as a pilot with my laser and it does a little damage but not enough to really take one down unless it has like no life left.

I just wish I could get the hang because I'd enjoy it more.. But like I said Battlefield has my nuts so hard right now not sure I'll get to that level I need to dominate this game, I just think Battlefield is totally unique for modern day shooters since most are futuristic

Thought I'd chime in on TiF2.

Just finished the first campaign mission while downloading.
goodness gracious does this game play good. I mean amazingly good. I'm on PS4. What a breath of freash air this gameplay is. BF1 is solid in its own right, but got damn is this game fun! Never played the first one. I can't get over it lol. What a nice surprise.

QUESTION: I'm about to jump on this, but I need to ask a question first. In MP is there any meaningful progression? Meaning, unlocks, pilot progression, mech progression, etc? I like that stuff.

Yes - you can unlock loadouts for both your Pilot a d Titan. Everything can be unlocked as you level up or with credits earned in game. There are no loot boxes or micro transactions.

BONUS ?: Are there any modes in MP that are like Mech Commander where the mechs just battle or is it split focus b/t pilot and mech? (As i've seen in the vids.)

Last Titan Standing is mech on mech. Everyone starts with a Titan.

SilentRob

I'm a huge fan of TF1 and switchet to PC for this one - even though I'm afraid I wont be able to play the game anymore in 1 month I just had to go for it and try it with Mouse and Keyboard.

And BOY is it worth it. Jesus. Running around with a shotgun with a Mouse? Phew! This game is amazing. Seriously. It's so fucking good.

Bydobob

I think I have to officially be done with the world of fast paced online shooters. Thought I would make it past 41 years old to be honest, but I am officially at a point I cannot fucking hang.

There was a thread about this once, the biggest barrier to being competitive with age is the time you're able to dedicate to a game, not your dwindling reflexes! Stick at it buddy, you'll come good.

I'm the same age as you.

Tinúviel

Pilots:
Is Flatline worth the first 100c?
Why player levels not showing in scoreboard?
Where is detailed stats?

Btw isn't Exoplanet one of the most beautiful looking map in FPS history?My favourite map so far.

-Mikey-

I had a fun time last night with Cobalt and Nintendad. I should have a mic tonight and not be in creeper mode.

Bought an elite controller to play TF2 and it's taking a while to get use to using the paddles. Hope to be zipping around in no time!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Did they hotfix attrition or something? Score just went to 500 on the last match even though the UI didn't match it.

xRaizen

I'm back with another 5 codes to the first 5 people to reply :)

This is the Buffalo Wild Wings code that will get you the Titan Decal along with one Coliseum token.

Edit: Done for tonight! Will come back tomorrow :)

The Dude

Man it's hard getting accustomed to the MP, I can't play it like TF1, it's more COD like.

Yea man, that's my thing.. Doesn't feel like the original. Feels pretty much like what they said about the original, cod with mechs lol but the first when they said that didn't really feel like cod.

Top Bottom