• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Man it's hard getting accustomed to the MP, I can't play it like TF1, it's more COD like.

I just played one match and the energy of the game is totally different. If I'm being honest, I don't like it but I'll give it a chance. TF1 was a special game for me and I'm hoping this game grabs me the same way. Worst part is I bought it digital on PS4 so I'm stuck with it

BT is pretty funny.
Cooper:
aww missing me already?
BT:
I wasn't shooting at you. that would be a violation of protocol 3
Cooper: Nevermind

xbox one people... my install is going insanely slow it seems, solid 25mb/s installing from disc... is this normal? it's at 14 gigs of 42. It seems at this rate it wont be done for hours, lol.

The Dude

I just played one match and the energy of the game is totally different. If I'm being honest, I don't like it but I'll give it a chance. TF1 was a special game for me and I'm hoping this game grabs me the same way. Worst part is I bought it digital on PS4 so I'm stuck with it

Same. I just am hoping to capture that love of the first. But the cod is strong with this one

The Dude

glad i'm not the only one feeling this way.

still think the game is great, [especially SP], but the MP isn't to my taste [my taste is R1 lol].

Yea, I actually from beta was not even going to give it another chance but I caved since I'm a big shooter fan but I'm really bumming because it just doesn't feel right to me. And I want nothing more than to love this game. But what might be really skewing things is how much I have loved Battlefield. But when I see guys running and jumping around it doesn't feel like titanfall but feels how recent cods have looked and felt

Woo-Fu

Banned
Anyone having trouble in this but was pretty good at the original? Curious what you feel is the difference

It took me about 4 hours for it to click. The main problem is the movement is faster and ttk lower than anything else I play and I'm getting old. ;)

Playing Tone and can snipe pilots on their way up after they eject, so the skills are coming back. Feels like a great mid-range/support titan.

Hmm...tried my first game of multi. That...was not fun. Granted, I had no idea what was going on, but it felt so random

At least in Hardpoint you're basically food until you learn the maps. Gotta know the routes into/out of each point, the popular sniping spots, etc.

My brother and I are on the same LAN and can't play together. This was actually fixed the second weekend of the beta... no idea why it's not working now.

Strakt

I'm back with another 5 codes to the first 5 people to reply :)

This is the Buffalo Wild Wings code that will get you the Titan Decal along with one Coliseum token.

Edit: Done for tonight! Will come back tomorrow :)

Im prob late but if you have any, thatd be cool :D

Newlove

Yea, I actually from beta was not even going to give it another chance but I caved since I'm a big shooter fan but I'm really bumming because it just doesn't feel right to me. And I want nothing more than to love this game. But what might be really skewing things is how much I have loved Battlefield. But when I see guys running and jumping around it doesn't feel like titanfall but feels how recent cods have looked and felt

I guess the slide is new and in CoD, but otherwise it plays so much more like the first Titanfall than CoD. They are both games with similar movement systems (Titanfall 1 got there first) but eh...it feels like a natural evolution of the first game. Gameplay is quite different so these comments are a bit confusing. Infinite Warfare is so much worse than this. I had no fun at all in that beta. IW really dropped the ball.

Last video of the day, an intense game of Hard point.

https://youtu.be/ALPh6XyWyAk

We were losing by a healthy margin so had to maintain A and B and keep them amped to close the gap.

It quickly became apparent though that wouldn't be enough.

I rushed C and 'Contested' to stop them scoring with the rest of the team keeping A and B amped.

After one failed rush, the second one delivered the win

ZehDon

Ok, just done with the campaign. Very solid effort, utterly fantastic gunplay, and a blast from start to finish. Only two real complaints:
1. BT dying twice. The second time had little impact, and was the climax of the game. The first time had a lot of impact, and I felt was very well executed. Wish they had of handled this differently - especially with the post credits scene undercutting it even more. 2. No real bad guy end boss. The game sets up a big bad, but never pays it off. Coupled with complaint 1, makes the ending feel narratively weak, when gameplay wise its solid.
. Still better than any Battlefield campaign, and I think its the best "COD style" campaign since Modern Warfare. Still loud and dumb, but its got heart, and is a thrill to play. Now - on to multiplayer!

LTS is so good
I just wish the maps were better suited for it. Someone said it best with "bumper cars"

Also, Legion looks to have the same base speed as Scorch :p I don't know why it seems like he's faster. Maybe the weapon swinging back and forth?

I finally give up on the gauntlet achievement.
Have you tried switching up the side you predominately run on? My fastest run in the gauntlet was something like 29.05 seconds and I spent hours on the beta version trying to get better. I'm no gamesager, but I found that a lot of fast runs rely on sticking to right walls and looking left most of the time - something that my brain just doesn't like. Because of that I have my own route which relies mostly on left walls, looking right.

This is my second run after a quick warm up. I miss some shots but the route is mostly intact.

soultron

Banned
Just finished the first few chapters of the SP. I'm actually stopping because I want this to last. I could totally sit here and marathon it, but it's so good that I don't want it to end so fast.

Really loved the tutorial area when you first meet
Vanguard Titan BT
and have to
acquire the Titan batteries.
The level design following a hub-and-spoke style, with BT at the centre was masterful.
One of the best tutorials I've played in a long time.

Looking forward to playing more SP tomorrow. Will crack into the MP after I'm done the SP.

At least in Hardpoint you're basically food until you learn the maps. Gotta know the routes into/out of each point, the popular sniping spots, etc.

I was playing the mode with the grunts. Too often I was confusing them for players. I wish you could practice with bots(unless I missed that option)

j-wood

So I'm confused on the network thing. When I do matchmaking is it only putting me in games with only he people in my network?

The default only showed 352 people active. That seems silly if so.

So apparently Attrition can go beyond 400 points. I was in a really close game, and there was an "Overtime" period of a few minutes where it ended up being 473 to 465. We lost, but it was a great game overall.
So Happy Hour is the shit. GG's to PC TitanGAF, more people gotta hop on the train.
The TitanGAF train had no brakes.
I was hoping we'd go against a good team at the end, but nope; just more absolute destruction of the enemy.
So I'm confused on the network thing. When I do matchmaking is it only putting me in games with only he people in my network?

The default only showed 352 people active. That seems silly if so.
Networks allow you to use the "Invite Network" feature, which will create a one time party for the gamemode you pick. It's just another way to easily group up with people.

The active number of players for a gamemode is only for the datacenter you selected at the main menu. There's a ton of datacenters, and the game isn't guaranteed to match you in the one you selected, so the numbers are a bit meaningless at the moment; we confirmed this during Happy Hour as all of us had different values showing up.

The Dude

I guess the slide is new and in CoD, but otherwise it plays so much more like the first Titanfall than CoD. They are both games with similar movement systems (Titanfall 1 got there first) but eh...it feels like a natural evolution of the first game. Gameplay is quite different so these comments are a bit confusing. Infinite Warfare is so much worse than this. I had no fun at all in that beta. IW really dropped the ball.

Yea infinite warfare I turned on the other day in beta, did one match, turned it off and uninstalled it. So yea this plays a lot better but this feels like black ops 3 and advanced warfare a bit as I feel they were better offerings for call of duty which is why I feel this is a lot better than infinite ware far, but I personally don't see how the actual gunplay, the corridors and the wall jumping doesn't give everyone the cod vibe. I'm not trying to knock it as I spent 60 digitally for it in wanting to love the game, but this game and the original feel very different.. The combat in the first didn't need changed at all, the game needed more content. They could of kept that combat and added this content and it'd of been perfect.

DirtyLarry

There was a thread about this once, the biggest barrier to being competitive with age is the time you're able to dedicate to a game, not your dwindling reflexes! Stick at it buddy, you'll come good.

I'm the same age as you.
Thanks for this, as there is a whole lot of truth to it. Play time is essential. Especially to get familiar with the maps. I did not play a single map twice yet except for the Beta map which now that I think about it is the match I placed second to last, so there is some hope I suppose.

With that said, there is a stark, and I mean stark, difference between how competitive I am in a game like this compared to a Battlefield. It has been the same deal with BF, meaning I am playing maps I was playing for the first time, and I do fine. Damn good even.

So while I do think there is some hope the more I play, I will not deny that, I do also think it is the result of my skills have also declined some. As silly as this may sound I have done some soul searching as a result of how poorly I did today checking out the MP, and I have come to the conclusion that even though I have more or less been there since the beginning with the genre (18 years ago is when I got my first PC dedicated to gaming) the truth of the matter is I have never been what I would call very good at "twitch" or fast paced shooters. I was sub par at Unreal & Quake. Only one I was decent at was UT2K4 and that was because of the Conquest and Assault modes, which both deviated from the arena style fast paced stuff.

I think the truth is I am just not very good at this type of FPS, and I am getting worse with age which is undeniably compounded by my lack of playing time. I just have to accept it and try and have some fun. As I do still enjoy playing it even though it is somewhat deflating to always be last. Truth is someone is always going to have to be the worst player. I might as well just embrace the fact that is now me.

10,000 people that is like month three CoD on PC numbers that's a little discouraging.
Many people are likely still going through the (absolutely excellent) campaign, which will impact the numbers.

It also seems like the sales are a bit of a slow burn, as it's a bit of surprise to people how good this turned out.

Top Bottom