• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Grisby

"Standby for titanfall!" still gets me excited. Every. Single. Time.

Probably one of the best lines in gaming from a hype standpoint.

As for the game? Well, I'm having more fun than in the tech test. There's just a lot more to the bread and butter with all of what you can earn. I like the unique titan abilities too. Picking factions seems like a useless but appreciated thing, because I like the fact that it changes some visual/line stuff.

Miss the different voice options we had in TF1 though.

Still not sold on the maps as I've been playing exoplanet like crazy (what, is this the only map, lol?), but they haven't been too bad.

Having a lot of fun and my all titan skills are moving back in. Still nothing like TF on the market. GG Respawn.

Izuna

Banned
oh smh at the whole "too much is happening" comment.

I'm not a reviewer but R2 is a 9/10 for me. Certain UI/gameplay design choices guarantee occasional raging. I think impressions throughout in my earlier posts is enough, and if I kept on nit-picking it'd never stop. But none of those things make me quit because, well what the fuck else is just as or more fun?

R1.

Now R1 isn't a 10/10 game by anyone's measure. It had its own problems. A lot has been outright fixed that Respawn should be commended for. While the party system is a little bit iffy, matchmaking is incredible. I haven't started in the middle of a match a single time in 50+ games. Latency/net code is amazing, and I can play East US (from UK) and find it a much smoother experience than any other game I know.

If I have any voting power whatsoever, it would be that when Scorpio hits, let's revisit R1 with an update and appreciate it for what it was trying to do.

Because you see, R2 isn't R1 with more budget, it's a different game. If PvP were the only mode, I would be talking about how it's the best twitch shooter out there. We're blessed to have something so special that goes beyond that. Respawn, I love you guys.

--

Izuna

Banned
Sorry for not playing the previous games

There was far more going on in the original game, and everyone had to get used to it without a Campaign that slowly introduced them to how stuff worked.

The tutorial in R1 was straight up Quake Live esque. "Yo, you know FPS games? Yeah, these are the controls for this one... Go do shit."

No_Style

Am I crazy or did they improve the feel of the wall run from the beta? It feels like it has more weight to it which I felt was missing in the beta.

Rented this from redbox and just finished the campaign, good shit. Hated the multiplayer alpha so I'll probably give the multi a day before returning it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Two missions in and holy fuck this is great. Maybe the best controlling FPS I've ever played.

Game looks gorgeous too. Really striking use of color and lighting.

This game is totally doomed.

Titanfall players don't like it cause it's too casual, casual players are confused. Gonna be another $10 on sale titanfall game by next August for sure.

I don't think a few posts in a NeoGaf thread makes for a good gauge for that. It's received great critical acclaim already and has a solid viewership on Twitch and YouTube at the moment. The free maps should help keep a decent community as well.

Nothing to really be a negative Nancy about aside from its release window (bad decision to put it between BF1 & CoD).

Mupod

I don't understand Bounty Hunt. At all.

I'm starting to do better but I'm pretty reliant on my Titan. Once I get into Northstar I live a long-ass time and snipe a lot of people. I'll probably just stick with this one until I unlock Legion.

I've noticed that I definitely have a huge advantage in 1v1 Titan fights against most people. Nobody seems to use the dash effectively and I take them apart with my sniper. And then justice rains from above.

I'm still figuring out the pilot combat. I'm thinking that I should just be that jackass who walks around with a shotgun and cloak next time. But the grappling hook is too much fun.

Izuna

Banned
I don't understand Bounty Hunt. At all.

I'm starting to do better but I'm pretty reliant on my Titan. Once I get into Northstar I live a long-ass time and snipe a lot of people. I'll probably just stick with this one until I unlock Legion.

I've noticed that I definitely have a huge advantage in 1v1 Titan fights against most people. Nobody seems to use the dash effectively and I take them apart with my sniper.

I'm still figuring out the pilot combat. I'm thinking that I should just be that jackass who walks around with a shotgun and cloak next time. But the grappling hook is too much fun.

Might because some Titans don't even have a dash. ;(

Mastiff and Alternator (if you hip-fire) are probably the easiest weapons to do well with. I spent a long time learning to use EPG, but I think the last Grenadier weapon may be what I want to stick with. I haven't tried it out yet, but it sounds incredible.

Mostly played multiplayer today before work. Got about 3-4 hours in. Holy shit, it's awesome. Every match I felt something awesome happened, regardless if I was the one doing it or not. Someone grapple hooked my ass and punched me in the head.

Tone is my jam. Thought I was going to run with Legion, but his gun is just not powerful enough for how big of a target he is.

As a TF1 player and someone who was disappointed by the tech test, I'm glad I picked this up. The campaign is great so far, and the multiplayer, while quite a bit different from TF1, is something I'm starting to come around to more and more.

The pilot gameplay is still as good as ever, but the titan play is something totally different. The slower speeds and lack of shield regeneration make titan play much slower. Running in packs is more important than ever.

Great game though. Too bad the terrible release date stacks the odds against this one getting the audience it deserves.

KodaRuss

Is there like a list of what gives points in Attrition? I feel like I am doing well but barely getting any points. Decent amount of kills compared to others in the game.

So far I like Bounty Hunt better?

Izuna

Banned

Disqualified for shooting more than one shot. ;P

nice

Is there like a list of what gives points in Attrition? I feel like I am doing well but barely getting any points. Decent amount of kills compared to others in the game.

So far I like Bounty Hunt better?

It's all in the OP:
Grunts and Spectres = 1 point
Stalkers = 2 points
Reapers and Pilots = 5 points
Titans = 10 points

Though the OP is no longer correct about Attrition requiring 300 points. It's now 500(?).

I don't think a few posts in a NeoGaf thread makes for a good gauge for that. It's received great critical acclaim already and has a solid viewership on Twitch and YouTube at the moment. The free maps should help keep a decent community as well.

Nothing to really be a negative Nancy about aside from its release window (bad decision to put it between BF1 & CoD).

I wish this was the case but I'm all but sure this is the last titanfall game. I wonder what respawn will do next?

Put 2 hours into the campaign. The reviewer at Eurogamer pointed out some very true, its Mario like. Its approach to levels based a few core concepts is very Mario and that's amazing. This game hits hard and fast, I'm almost physically tired. Truly, its been years since a shooter has upped the ante so considerably with it's campaign.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Loving the campaign -- man it is so good.

Question though -- you have to unlock the Titan loadouts in the campaign, right? For them to be available in multiplayer, that is.

Izuna

Banned
Loving the campaign -- man it is so good.

Question though -- you have to unlock the Titan loadouts in the campaign, right? For them to be available in multiplayer, that is.

Nah, they unlock as you level up in MP. Though they cost very few credits so you can certainly purchase them all in an hour or two. In fact, you start with like 20 credits so you can unlock whichever you like the most straight away.

This game is totally doomed.

Titanfall players don't like it cause it's too casual, casual players are confused. Gonna be another $10 on sale titanfall game by next August for sure.

Too casual? If you knew the ins and outs of the first game there is a whole new set of mechanics to learn in this. They didn't dumb it down, in fact, they kinda made it harder.

Izuna

Banned
if this was for me how much longer can they develop AAA games that hit sub $20 price points and lose their whole player base so quickly? This will be a huge financial blow to them when the sales numbers come out. I bet it doesn't even break the top 10 for October.

6189d1159476000-i-have-turd-smiley.gif~c200

Too casual? If you knew the ins and outs of the first game there is a whole new set of mechanics to learn in this. They didn't dumb it down, in fact, they kinda made it harder.

Quite true actually.

Just noticed the "ceremony" audio still activates when you have the visuals disabled from the HUD.

You know what else would be neat in a patch? FPS counter and ping display near the bottom-right? Wherever theres space :p Rainbow Six Siege has this(bottom-left) and its just a cool little option. I don't know why I enjoy looking at that stuff.

Im aware the ping is there if you bring up the scoreboard, but I would much rather have a cleaner option that doesn't take up a significant portion of the screen.

I recommend beginners to play Pilot Vs. Pilot. In this mode you can get a better feel of the map, movement, and weapons without AI's and Titans making it hectic.

Cake Boss

Banned
Man this games multiplayer has a huge difficulty curve, it's not TF1 and it's not COd, playing it like it is one those two is getting me destroyed. I have began to adjust to it and started playing Bounty Hunter which by far the best mode in the game. Attrition is broken as fuck. Why does it feel this game has only 2 maps tho. Keep playing the same ones.

Hard point is decent, haven't tried CFT yet.

Poster#1

The maps in this game are seriously awful. I bet their best level designers were working on the single player. Huge downgrade from TF1.

The Dude

I just don't see where the black ops 3 comparison really is other than wall running and even then, BO3's wall running feels awful to me compared to TF2s. I think Maps are really where a lot of the problems are, to me the movement is still just as good as ever but some of the maps are a bit eh compared to the ones in Titanfall 1. Still I'm having an absolute blast with this game, especially compared to the past couple years of CoD and what I tried of the IW beta.

The engine, the mechanics outside of being in a titan is totally cod for me. I mean I don't wanna say that because I spent 60 digitally and I'm a very forgiving and easy going gamer that tries to really make a game work more than most do in terms of writing games off quick. So I want nothin more than to make it happen. But it's like all games have their feel, Battlefield feels like Battlefield, halo like halo, destiny felt halo inspired tho heavily but was enough to set it apart, overwatch has its own feel, call of duty has a feel and this game is that feel for me hands down. The original had more of a slight call of duty vibe but didn't feel like a strait up cod game. If you remove the mechs this game would simply be call of duty to me, has to be more who feel that also

I miss my XO-16 so bad. :(

I thought I could nake do with Ion's primary, but its such garbage against infantry by comparison.

Also, it needs a 10% bigger clip.

Izuna

Banned
I miss my XO-16 so bad. :(

I thought I could nake do with Ion's primary, but its such garbage against infantry by comparison.

Also, it needs a 10% bigger clip.

just pick legion and be a scrub and use smart core + overcore + more smart core timer.

damage a titan with one clip, get infinite ammo

you don't even have to aim!

Menitta

I think I'm gonna stick with Scorch. My main problem though is I'm getting hit by my own frame wall. I'm really getting the hang of the grappling hook. Mix that with the double jump and you've got 3D maneuver gear.

Risette

A Good Citizen
been playing this for a few hours now and I'm not sure how to feel. Never played the first one and I usually play CoD. The core movement and shooting feels great but the game designed around that just feels... bizarre. Once the match starts getting to the point where there's a bunch of titans on the map it just feels cluttered and chaotic in a bad way, especially since the maps feel too small to properly support titans.

the AI enemies are also annoying clutter and I don't get why they exist

I'll keep playing it but I'm glad I have BF1 to go back to when I want

The Dude

been playing this for a few hours now and I'm not sure how to feel. Never played the first one and I usually play CoD. The core movement and shooting feels great but the game designed around that just feels... bizarre. Once the match starts getting to the point where there's a bunch of titans on the map it just feels cluttered and chaotic in a bad way, especially since the maps feel too small to properly support titans.

the AI enemies are also annoying clutter and I don't get why they exist

I'll keep playing it but I'm glad I have BF1 to go back to when I want

I don't mind modes with computer ai, but I think a basic TDM should be fairly simply and less clutter. A few foot soldiers and that's it, but the reapers annoy me. I mean for me In first titanfall I felt I could change the course of a battle in my titan, now you just get fucked up

Top Bottom