• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
If all these people just bought the damn game instead of asking if there's about people on it, they'd really have nothing to worry about.

lol, craziness. i never understood it.

we'll play later this week or next weekend. ironically after all my anticipation and hype i've barely played.... work, sisters birthday, halloween....

I've been trying to get games in while pausing or stopping every now and then to check stuff out and study. In fact, I'm only just finishing the Campaign despite having it running nearly 10 hours today haha.

Let's schedule all the Titanbrehs we can find.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
There was 407 people playing at 8pm last night, and not many more playing today. Most of the game modes are literally unplayable.

Really? Kinda odd that in the 35K+ players out, AUS accounts for like, one percent? Odd...

Also, you are not restricted to Data Centers when matchmaking. I've confirmed with Respawn that it will migrate you to other matches.

Haines

Banned
If all these people just bought the damn game instead of asking if there's about people on it, they'd really have nothing to worry about.

I can't see a world where I go tf2 ps4 and have issues finding a game.

People are just looking for a reason to justify there bf1 purchase.

sflufan

Banned
Just letting everyone know that the ENTIRE EA network is experiencing problems right now.

You can't even log into Origin on the PC far less actually play TF2 or BF1.

I was going to write a screed of sarcastic nonsense complaining about multi-player... but instead I am politely asking if someone can point me in the direction of a decent FAQ? There are a lot of systems at play here that are not explained in-game...

BTW wtf is R1, R2 etc. that is referenced here?

Thanks ;-)

Really? Kinda odd that in the 35K+ players out, AUS accounts for like, one percent? Odd...

Also, you are not restricted to Data Centers when matchmaking. I've confirmed with Respawn that it will migrate you to other matches.

Australia has shit internet though so the concerns about local population are valid.

SwolBro

Banned
This fella gets it! All about that Tone life.

Tone is my most effective simply because i'm used to the 40 but in most situations i'm seeing legion being a bit overpowered.

Ion is the funnest though and this is where i'm kind of annoyed that customization isn't an option. his predator over the shoulder laser is the best shit out of any titan ability.

Drewfonse

Yeah, a few levels left in the campaign, and it's been fantastic. Starts a bit slow, but wow does it hit its stride.

Best MP SP combo since...man I don't know.

God bless the Advocate. Great Banner.

gpDbHOX.jpg

Izuna

Banned
I was going to write a screed of sarcastic nonsense complaining about multi-player... but instead I am politely asking if someone can point me in the direction of a decent FAQ? There are a lot of systems at play here that are not explained in-game...

Thanks ;-)

fNGnxwl.png

Drewfonse

Thanks ;-)

ONLY used by the cool kids. AKA Titanfall and Titanfall 2.

Lren

Tone is my most effective simply because i'm used to the 40 but in most situations i'm seeing legion being a bit overpowered.

Ion is the funnest though and this is where i'm kind of annoyed that customization isn't an option. his predator over the shoulder laser is the best shit out of any titan ability.

Yeah, Legion is certainly tricky to deal with sometimes. Though, finding that as long as I can use the splash damage from the 40 and the sonar, I can usually take out a Legion. It does feel a bit strong right now though. That laser on Ion is really great, good damage it feels like and sniping a pilot with it is just plain satisfying.

Sean

Banned
SP campaign was fucking amazing... Easily my favorite FPS in years.

Each level seemed to get better and better. Was blown away how much fun I had.

Spoo

SP campaign was fucking amazing... Easily my favorite FPS in years.

Each level seemed to get better and better. Was blown away how much fun I had.

I bought this game even though I found the MP beta to be utter trash.

Campaign mode blew my mind in the later stages. Great fun, incredible action. And hell, even MP (with Attrition) seems to be in a much better state.

TF2 much better than expected.

Rizzi

Can't wait to play a first person shooter with 250 ping. That sounds like the most fun I could possibly have!

Great campaign, and the mp is superfun too (even if I have no idea what I'm doing lol)

I really hope that this captures peoples imagination... It's truly the most innovative mass appeal shooter in a decade, and deserves success.

joebruin

Ok I take back what I said before. It definitely gets much better after the first boss.

Titanfall campaign review: 👍🏻 (Hehe)

I keep getting this controller input lag though. Not sure if it's performance issue or just a bug.

so is there a primer on how to fight a titan as a pilot or like what to do? im confused on what rodeoing does. LIke I pull a battery or something out but then idk what that does

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
What exactly does net worth mean on my player card?

I assumed that it meant how valuable you were (like a skill barometer?). Not sure, though and I'm not worth much (only level 15). xD

Australia has shit internet though so the concerns about local population are valid.

Ah. Even so, though. Maybe try connecting to other Data Centers? Sad to hear. :(

I've been trying to get games in while pausing or stopping every now and then to check stuff out and study. In fact, I'm only just finishing the Campaign despite having it running nearly 10 hours today haha.

Let's schedule all the Titanbrehs we can find.

Yeah, this is kinda true. In every thread (even the CoD microtransactions one), people are like, "I want to get TF2 since I heard it's fantastic, but there might be no one to play with, etc." I told someone it's like the chicken and the egg thing, "get the game, hike the community up, and the rest will follow. Do nothing, and it'll accomplish nothing. ;)" Haha! xD

Can't wait to play a first person shooter with 250 ping. That sounds like the most fun I could possibly have!

Dunno what to really say. Maybe try first? I've played games with 100+ms and I don't feel affected. Tell other AUS people to get it? I've seen you post in this same thread, so erm, I'm not getting roped in with whatever stuff you're slinging (not really in the mood to talk about negativity all that much and such today in a gaming forum of all places).

Izuna

Banned
No fps is playable with 250 ping. It's a good game, but it's not magic.

Close enough. It's a pretty smart net code.

Yeah, this is kinda true. In every thread (even the CoD microtransactions one), people are like, "I want to get TF2 since I heard it's fantastic, but there might be no one to play with, etc." I told someone it's like the chicken and the egg thing, "get the game, hike the community up, and the rest will follow. Do nothing, and it'll accomplish nothing. ;)" Haha! xD

It's that sort of behaviour that keeps a 2-party system.

So I'm posting between rounds here... I'm utter trash at this but I get at least one epic moment per round. This is a grower, super feckin fun even if we're being stomped. This is the mp I wanted from DOOM4.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
No net code can make playing against people in NA as an Australian fun. I don't believe you.

For review, MP testing was done via London servers and while it wasn't optimal (280-300+ ms), it was still kinda playable. I doubt you'd reach those pings. Connect to Tokyo, etc. Asian servers.

I've even screengrabbed it in the reviews thread. Check my ping.

TF2SMPScreen1.jpg

ryseing

so is there a primer on how to fight a titan as a pilot or like what to do? im confused on what rodeoing does. LIke I pull a battery or something out but then idk what that does

You use the battery to give a shield to a friendly Titan. If you rodeo the Titan after taking its battery you throw a grenade in which does a ton of damage.

This game does a number on my nerves. The action is so breakneck that I feel physically exhausted after some playtime. Loving it nonetheless.

Close enough. It's a pretty smart net code.

It's that sort of behaviour that keeps a 2-party system.

No net code can make playing against people in NA as an Australian fun. I don't believe you.

well, so long as the net code is similar to R1, most of my PC buddies and i would play on EU servers [we're all in NA] because it was the only way to get full LTS games.

honestly never noticed any hindrance with my ~250 average ping playing on them servers.

Top Bottom