• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Are there any extra executions you can unlock?

I wonder if they are going to change how titans are completely invulnerable to everything while they are in an execution animation. You can take Tone and shoot your sonar lock, and it won't even light up titans in the animation. Nothing affects them. In the original it was risky to go for the execution because you could get fucked up badly while ripping the pilot out. In this game there's literally zero downside. I don't understand.

Are there any extra executions you can unlock?

I wonder if they are going to change how titans are completely invulnerable to everything while they are in an execution animation. You can take Tone and shoot your sonar lock, and it won't even light up titans in the animation. Nothing affects them. In the original it was risky to go for the execution because you could get fucked up badly while ripping the pilot out. In this game there's literally zero downside. I don't understand.
Probably not because it looks cool and as both consoles have share functionality allowing anyone to pull them off with little risk is like free marketing

"Look what I just did!"

Gorillaz

Picked this up (quite unexpectedly) thanks to that single player praise thread, had a question about multiplayer

One of the reasons I almost never play shooter MP is because how frustrating it is to be a new player and getting destroyed and outclassed by higher-ranked, better-equipped players. Is it like that here or is it more welcoming to new players learning the ropes?
Squad up for a few games imo. You can hold your own equipment wise compared to other people but not on experience and map layout. You can have the better set up but get stomped because the other person knows a better way to deal with you or attack you on a certain map.

It's cat and mouse as hell

Picked this up (quite unexpectedly) thanks to that single player praise thread, had a question about multiplayer

One of the reasons I almost never play shooter MP is because how frustrating it is to be a new player and getting destroyed and outclassed by higher-ranked, better-equipped players. Is it like that here or is it more welcoming to new players learning the ropes?
Much harder than the first game. It's just brutal. Dying every 20 seconds. Everyone is so try-hard and I don't think there's any ranked matchmaking.

The MP progression system is good as fuck. Between player level, weapon levels, titan levels, and faction levels I'm almost always close to leveling something up. Not needing more than 10 of anything is way less intimidating than ranking up in CoD, checking the profile screen and seeing "10,000XP to next level" or something. Titanfall 2 is absolutely nailing the "one more match" feeling. Love it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What is everyone's go to Titan? I find myself prefering Legion right now. Might give Tone a try though.

Ronin is my most played but I feel like I perform better on average with Tone or Legion.

Depends on the map/mode, though. I like Northstar a lot on Homestead, Legion on complex/crash site(since everything is a tight ass hallway), stuff like that.

Grisby

Good game. MP feels faster than the tech test. Having a real good time.
What is everyone's go to Titan? I find myself prefering Legion right now. Might give Tone a try though.
Still using Ion. I figure I'll use him until he's max level and then I want to try Tone. What are the max levels a titan and a gun can reach by the way?

xRaizen

So glad I bought the G2. It was my most used gun in Titanfall 1, and was hoping that it would be good in 2 as well.

Feels so good, 3 shot kill with almost no recoil and amazing range. I can see myself using this gun a lot.

Strider

I just unlocked the Volt and hooooooolllyy I think I like it even more than the Alternator.

The SMGs in this game
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

I agree that Complex is butt, but can you guys see the light with Crash Site? ;s

Complex is straight up "please delete"

Only played a couple of games on it, it's... okay...

Will need to try out some more, I guess. I'm not fond of natural-esque maps in this. Feels like urban structures give the most opportunity to use & abuse the mechanics.

I feel sorta locked into Tone. I love Ion, but I felt like I just wasn't having any measurable success with it. And I'm just garbage with Northstar, Scorch is just not built for Titan vs. Titan combat, and Legion (despite being undeniably badass) is just sooooo sloooooow. Wish we could use the default loadout from Campaign, but ce la vie.

Izuna

Banned
Does that mean that if I'm not in a US data center I won't be able to play with GAF?

you can change the datacentres

If someone invites you I think you end up into whatever data center they're in.

Honestly, it's something I wish all games had. Halo 5 was unplayable for me because it would put me (UK) in US servers to matchmake me, and it was unfair as fuck.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, the campaign is really anime as fuck. They should have just took the extra step and made Jack Cooper a high school boy (or girl) who is forced to become a pilot because his father is fucking with him.

Also, I had no idea that Abbie Heppe left Respawn. I was wondering why they recast her character.

Gorillaz

Holy shit I ejected out of a Titan and sniped someone mid air. Like pretty much just quick scoped a dude.

Bout to call up Shaq and tell him he has his tf2 comp leader

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
How's Black Ops 3 / Halo 5 / Gears 4 doing on X1 right now? Really curious about the numbers there.

Looking at the X1 "Most Played" tab in the store(which is based off total hours played, not unique users, but still a good indicator) BLOPS 3 is right behind BF1 at number 2. Gears has been consistently in the top 5 since it came out, and Halo is at its usual spot hovering just out of the top 10. Titanfall 2 is at the bottom, wedged between Warframe and WWE 2K16. MCC is ahead of it.

B00TE

At this point, Ronin. I love working with my team to take down enemy Titans, great for getting in their face and sowing chaos. Just have to be careful and smart about how you close the distance, if you even realistically can sometimes. Just fun to play. Ion is great all around, but doesn't fit my playstyle too well.

Looking at the X1 "Most Played" tab in the store(which is based off total hours played, not unique users, but still a good indicator) BLOPS 3 is right behind BF1 at number 2. Gears has been consistently in the top 5 since it came out, and Halo is at its usual spot hovering just out of the top 10. Titanfall 2 is at the bottom, wedged between Warframe and WWE 2K16. MCC is ahead of it.

Aw, that sucks :/

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
At this point, Ronin. I love working with my team to take down enemy Titans, great for getting in their face and sowing chaos. Just have to be careful and smart about how you close the distance, if you even realistically can sometimes. Just fun to play. Ion is great all around, but doesn't fit my playstyle too well.

Not surprised you like Ronin, given your avatar. ;p Ill have to give him some more time, pretty much didnt use him at all in Campaign.

Fuuuuuuck time limits. Just played a game of BH against a full network, and they were ahead by a fuck ton. Then we cranked it up and really started coming back. The next wave is coming, and I know it is going to be last one. Then boom. Defeat. Fucking time limit. So the game ends with this score:

Respawn. Please god. Let a BH game end naturally. Why the tiny time limits. Having the opportunity to put away a full team and losing because of the time just killed my buzz for the night. What fucking nonsense.

Izuna

Banned
Fuuuuuuck time limits. Just played a game of BH against a full network, and they were ahead by a fuck ton. Then we cranked it up and really started coming back. The next wave is coming, and I know it is going to be last one. Then boom. Defeat. Fucking time limit. So the game ends with this score:

Respawn. Please god. Let a BH game end naturally. Why the tiny time limits. Having the opportunity to put away a full team and losing because of the time just killed my buzz for the night. What fucking nonsense.

they have a wave limit

exYle

image.php

I like Ronin too

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Is there any kind of horde mode in this game? Been burning through the SP and plan to get a few MP matches in to get my bearings but curious about PvE style mode for online?

Top Bottom