• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Too many games have shotguns which are outclassed by other weapons. I'm so glad that titanfall has a great shotgun.

Yes, finally! Even though I don't use it much.

This gooser challenge just sucks. Already at 50 and only had 1 kill in the air (pure luck).

I'm almost finished with Gen 4 and my stats say I only have 1 Eject kill in total time played...

I don't know how I'm going to do it.

I stopped playing due to frustrations from this gooser challenge :( I'd be so HAPPY if they changed it.

I had been playing a lot of CTF and Hardpoint, and that must've sharpened me up real well because now going back to Attrition, I've averaged a 7:1 KDR my last 10 games, and I haven't lost a single one (except one where I joined in the middle of a Defeat Epilogue).

Roflobear

To add on to my point about satchel charges, best place to get kills with them is point B in the map Rise. Just got 7 kills with satchel charges just tossing them in there

I am loving this game but the campaign multiplayer is really pissing me off.

I am trying to unlock the ogre and whenever i choose campaign multi it cant find any games for the last level i need. Instead it reverts back to an earlier chapter over and over.

All i want is my ogre dammit!!

Ghazi

I wonder why people keep calling me a cheater.

i4SS0ZSl2iUwV.gif

Is this supposed to be a stealth brag about cheating? lol

The Cowboy

I am loving this game but the campaign multiplayer is really pissing me off.

I am trying to unlock the ogre and whenever i choose campaign multi it cant find any games for the last level i need. Instead it reverts back to an earlier chapter over and over.

All i want is my ogre dammit!!
Unfortunately the best way to unlock the titans is to do a full run (preferably 1st time out to do it fast), and not to quit out at any point during the campaign, I to had this issue when I started, I had limited game time and as such had to quit out a certain points - I ended up doing the 1st bunch of missions at least 10+ times each due to it putting me into earlier missions every time I tried to continue the campaign.

In the end I set aside a couple of hours and did a strait run though on both sides, just to get it done.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I had been playing a lot of CTF and Hardpoint, and that must've sharpened me up real well because now going back to Attrition, I've averaged a 7:1 KDR my last 10 games, and I haven't lost a single one (except one where I joined in the middle of a Defeat Epilogue).
Need to get on the lump train

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Gooser is killing me, 6/50. My best strat has been killing them with arc cannons, can't do chaingun or rodeo strategy. This challenge is so mean, I wish they would put it down to a more reasonable 30 kills instead.

KePoW

Banned
Gooser is killing me, 6/50. My best strat has been killing them with arc cannons, can't do chaingun or rodeo strategy. This challenge is so mean, I wish they would put it down to a more reasonable 30 kills instead.

Holy crap you gotta get 50 of them???

wrongway

24 hours in and I have 3 of them so far, all of which were from rodeoing and ejecting with the pilot. Never killed an ejecting pilot with a titan weapon, and not for lack of trying. :(

The shotgun and hemlock are probably my favorite weapons in Titanfall. They're both so powerful and fun to use, but I think I have just a little more fun with the shotgun.

my god.... teach me your ways!

Its good to know theres hope for the hemlock...I suck with it at this point. Keep going back to the carbine and CAR. Practice makes perfect I suppose. :) Not a fan of the shotty...it almost feels like Im cheating when I use it.

Its good to know theres hope for the hemlock...I suck with it at this point. Keep going back to the carbine and CAR. Practice makes perfect I suppose. :) Not a fan of the shotty...it almost feels like Im cheating when I use it.

I love the Hemlock as well. It does take some getting used to though. Basically, you want to engage at mid range, and you'll have to slightly alter your tactics/approaches to account for that. If the fight gets to mid-close range or closer, you're at a distinct disadvantage to the Carbine or the CAR. From mid-range out, you'll annihilate people, provided you can land your shots.

Also, it's a headshot machine.

jackdoe

After playing for hours with the PC version, I decided to get started on the Xbox One version. I immediately noticed that it's crazy how much of a disadvantage low level players have against higher level players in terms of unlocks. Especially since all those pre-made classes only have low level gear. Also, the framerate is awful in multiple Titan to Titan fights and it's a headache.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I wish I could even easily record the past... there's stuff that happens nearly every match I play I wish I could see again.

I wish Microsoft made the "record" feature similar to Halo 3's theater system - but just a system wide system where you could record game matches.

This is probably extremely unfeasible, but it would have been awesome. I shout "Xbox, Record That!" almost constantly.

Anyway, Respawn - I think you should put a theater/record system in TitanFall 2 (but a patch like it for TitanFall 1 would be super awesome!).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought I'd try asking again - anyone have a link to the GAF Titanfall Origin ID google doc? Would love to add some people to my friends list.
I'm firehawk1234.

wrongway

Aw yeah, finally made it to 3:1 KDR, I'm officially decent.

Now if only more people would play Pilot Hunter. Other team bails and the rest of us just sit here twiddling our thumbs for 5+ minutes. :(

yeah... so who on GAF actively uses the MIC? I need some communication, GAFbros? Add me if youd like a buddy who uses the mic: Cuban_Legend

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah... so who on GAF actively uses the MIC? I need some communication, GAFbros? Add me if youd like a buddy who uses the mic: Cuban_Legend
The three of us were on using the GAF mumble earlier.
I thought I'd try asking again - anyone have a link to the GAF Titanfall Origin ID google doc? Would love to add some people to my friends list.
I'm firehawk1234.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hKa2NuU1RJVFFkU0stV09IUkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0 this is the list of responses.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The three of us were on using the GAF mumble earlier.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0 this is the list of responses.
Cheers!

---

I just timed a few of my load times. It's terribly inconsistent. If I'm lucky, I get into a match in 30 seconds.

If I'm not lucky, it takes over 2 minutes. If it really is a problem with their servers, I hope this fix it, because loading into a match after it is already half over is no fun for me and obviously unbalances the game for the people on my team who seem to be able to get without any problems.

After playing for hours with the PC version, I decided to get started on the Xbox One version. I immediately noticed that it's crazy how much of a disadvantage low level players have against higher level players in terms of unlocks. Especially since all those pre-made classes only have low level gear. Also, the framerate is awful in multiple Titan to Titan fights and it's a headache.

I don't understand. The custom classes on PC have the AR + shotgun + smart pistol. The AR + shotgun are the strongest weapons in the game pretty much.

I can imagine the fps drops on console cause right now I am forced to run it on a 9600gt til I get my main gpu back from being replaced due to issues. Only 3 and a half days of suffering left.

MechDX

So I finally played this tonight on my Xbone.

Do training looks and plays cool.

Go into a mission game and get my ass whooped. Game ends and my team are all single digit level players against a team of guys all in their high 20's....

Drop out, find another lobby...same story. Not a good way to encourage new players

minx

I find it very useful when a Pilot rodeo's your titan deploy the electric smoke and wait for them to jump off. Then dash backwards a couple of times and half the time you will walk over them.

cool_dude

Banned
Just keep playing and practicing. You'll level up no matter if you win or lose. Kill grunts. I stopped playing FPSes years ago, and can't put Titanfall down, even if I suck. I still contribute to my teams goals.

Saw my first aimbot out in the wild. He was robotically locked onto me while I was ejecting cloaked from my titan.

When I called him out on it, he said "the key is to use the Xbox controller on PC". He was obviously lying.

Roflobear

Saw my first aimbot out in the wild. He was robotically locked onto me while I was ejecting cloaked from my titan.

When I called him out on it, he said "the key is to use the Xbox controller on PC". He was obviously lying.

That Gooser challenge is making people do crazy things. Are you happy Respawn?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So far Gooser hasn't been too bad. I started practicing for it on previous gens, and had gotten maybe 5. But that was with the 40mm mostly. Now that my aim is decently honed I just need the opportunities. I'm in the low 20s as far as level is concerned and I'm up to 9 geese playing Attrition and the chaingun. Well actually one of them was an Amped R101C job. I'll probably stall out at level 50 for a bit before I finish them, but I'm feeling like this is doable. The worst part is backing off from a doomed titan, and giving them time to eject when I could have just executed them. And then you get 'that guy' who instead of ejecting just hops out of his titan the normal way. Hey guys, if you ever want to troll a gen 5, that's most definitely the way to do it.

Lima

Lol man just ran with my crew again in Last Titan Standing. We couldn't get a single match started.

Between me and the others we had 3 Gen10 in the lobby and the other guy at 7 and two at 8.

Teams that got matched went like

126234.gif

You do realise the PC version has aim assist on when using a controller yeah? That's how I currently play it until they fix up the shitty mouse input with its janky feel...

Lima

So far Gooser hasn't been too bad. I started practicing for it on previous gens, and had gotten maybe 5. But that was with the 40mm mostly. Now that my aim is decently honed I just need the opportunities. I'm in the low 20s as far as level is concerned and I'm up to 9 geese playing Attrition and the chaingun. Well actually one of them was an Amped R101C job. I'll probably stall out at level 50 for a bit before I finish them, but I'm feeling like this is doable. The worst part is backing off from a doomed titan, and giving them time to eject when I could have just executed them. And then you get 'that guy' who instead of ejecting just hops out of his titan the normal way. Hey guys, if you ever want to troll a gen 5, that's most definitely the way to do it.

Attrition is good advice. Don't try it in LTS because that is where everyone is trying it.

Dabanton

So I finally played this tonight on my Xbone.

Do training looks and plays cool.

Go into a mission game and get my ass whooped. Game ends and my team are all single digit level players against a team of guys all in their high 20's....

Drop out, find another lobby...same story. Not a good way to encourage new players

Yeah I think this game really needs a proving ground at least for the first 10 levels. Once you do those you should be able to semi know the maps and face-off against any high numbered players as the starting weapons are good enough.

Just ran into my first Gen-9

How do you kill something that has no life.

ghostmind

Finally got my first generation.

There are so many great moments in this game, but it think my favorite has to be getting an enemy Titan between two friendlies and then playing rock'em sock'em robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom