• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

Even though it's only been in the wild for a couple of weeks now, do you guys see this game having legs like CoD?
As much as I like the game, I'm just not sure.

I would like to say yes, but I just think its missing a bit to much for a MP only title in terms of modes and MP features. If the devs add these things into the game for free via patches, then yes I do think it will have legs and remain very popular. If they don't add these things, then I'm just not sure if it will (though I hope it does).

Jarrod38

Even though it's only been in the wild for a couple of weeks now, do you guys see this game having legs like CoD?

And is there any way to check what the active online numbers are for XB1 compared to PC? I'm tempted to jump on all the Titanfall bundle deals, but I'd rather get it for PC if the population is healthy.

If Respawn doesn't bring out any new game modes I might just hang it up on Titanfall.

Fantasmo

I am new to PC and don't do much party chats, but even if I did I wouldn't let that keep me from buying the game.
Neither would I but the gripe is more than fair.

You can't have good teamwork without communication.
Heck, in video games it's probably more important than in sports.
In sports you can see the whole playing field.
Winning all the time is boring, but losing all the time is frustrating.
6 average players with great communication can beat 2 great players and 4 average players with lousy communication.

I think that about sums it up.

ShowDog

I agree in that if EA wants to cut out the middleman they should provide a service that at least competes with the middleman they have eliminated. Origin allows me to play the game, but it has terrible social features. It doesn't best Steam in one way that I can think of. So it's deserving of criticism. It's designed not with my experience in mind, but of EA profits.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I agree in that if EA wants to cut out the middleman they should provide a service that at least competes with the middleman they have eliminated. Origin allows me to play the game, but it has terrible social features. It doesn't best Steam in one way that I can think of. So it's deserving of criticism. It's designed not with my experience in mind, but of EA profits.

TBH I currently prefer Origin to Steam right now no joke. I mean Steams etc extra features are nice but it's basic functionality is currently kinda crap. It's slow as hell has a bunch of random ass bugs with the games I'm playing and is just all around annoying me.

I'd rather not boot use it if I can help it. Origin is bare bones but at least it's efficient. Valve really needs to sort that shit out.

how long till they add a pilot vs pilot playlist with arena style maps. these maps are too damn big

I think the size of the maps are great except for Nexus. It is way to big. Playing pilot hunter on it and the other team hid on the outskirts of the map the whole game. The match ended 26-9 after the clock ran out.

E92 M3

I think the size of the maps are great except for Nexus. It is way to big. Playing pilot hunter on it and the other team hid on the outskirts of the map the whole game. The match ended 26-9 after the clock ran out.

That's just frustrating. Though, I do like Nexus - very fun running across the roof tops.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Finished the editing of the Militia and IMC campaigns. Roughly 30 minutes worth of story each including the talking in the lobby and the intro video.
For what it's worth the Militia story is not the worst thing I ever heard. Militia campaign in 35 minutes and IMC campaign in 30 minutes if anybody is interested.

Thank you! I was hoping someone would do this because the story in game is hard to understand because the actual game is more than enough to keep me distracted from the story.

how long till they add a pilot vs pilot playlist with arena style maps. these maps are too damn big

This likely won't happen and I hope it doesn't - at least in regards to creating smaller maps. I like that all the game modes are available for all maps. I think that probably helps Respawn in making good ones.

The Cowboy

I want them to code in Search and Destroy (or Rescue) and then Warzone mode, this way Warzone could be done properly with random matches of Attrition, CTF, Hard Point, S&D/R and Pilot Hunter.

Man I f they did that, I recon I'd never leave the game. It will never happen, but I can fantasise about it.

chixdiggit

Might watch. Didn't gave a shit about the chatter pre match and in the match itself you know I was kinda busy shooting dudes.

Well, the thing is that you're also too busy to pay attention to the events taking place. Like, I had no idea in the first map that there were actually starships being blown up overhead even though they kept talking about it throughout the mission.

Thank you! I was hoping someone would do this because the story in game is hard to understand because the actual game is more than enough to keep me distracted from the story.

Exactly why I did it. I played through the entire campaign and realized I hadn't a clue what was going on.

tauke

It's been getting hard to find a match lately. When my team consists of several regen players and the others not, they bail out from the lobby lol.

So the game keep finding other players to fit into the game and just now I got a match where all of the opponent rage quit and instant victory during Hardpoint match. My team is leading like 220 and they score 10...

I would like to have a nice one-on-one chat with whatever Respawn employee decided that Titans destroyed should not factor in anyway into a player's K/D.... or have it's own K/D metric.

And if that conversation should happen to involve a ton of slaps across the face, so be it. Especially if it occurred after a night of playing Last Titan Standing and watching your K/D crater because you went 10-0-5-8 or whatever, and all those deaths went toward your K/D and none of those Titan kills (which take just as much effort by the way) do not.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know the IP address of Data Center East or North Central? I'm going to try to run a tracert and maybe complain to my ISP and see if they might be the problem. Otherwise, I have no ideas left.

Roflobear

Finished the editing of the Militia and IMC campaigns. Roughly 30 minutes worth of story each including the talking in the lobby and the intro video.
For what it's worth the Militia story is not the worst thing I ever heard. Militia campaign in 35 minutes and IMC campaign in 30 minutes if anybody is interested.

Watching through these really makes me hope for a campaign in Titanfall 2. The story was interesting enough where I think Respawn can really add onto it in a big way given enough time and money.

EDIT: Plus they have a pretty good track record with COD. The campaigns for COD4 and MW2 were pretty good and had some really crazy/shocking moments

KePoW

Banned

Good job, this certainly required quite a bit of effort for you to put together.

In the end though, the TF campaign story is really irrelevant.

KePoW

Banned
I would like to have a nice one-on-one chat with whatever Respawn employee decided that Titans destroyed should not factor in anyway into a player's K/D.... or have it's own K/D metric.

And if that conversation should happen to involve a ton of slaps across the face, so be it. Especially if it occurred after a night of playing Last Titan Standing and watching your K/D crater because you went 10-0-5-8 or whatever, and all those deaths went toward your K/D and none of those Titan kills (which take just as much effort by the way) do not.

Maybe we should slap you for caring about K/D in the first place =P

Card Boy

Banned
My new wishlist for Titanfall

• Get rid of the the 'Campaign' mode and Incorporate it into regular classic matchmaking but do it in a way so your not seeing the campaign stuff every single match. All campaign mode does now is split the community.
  • Let us be able to rename custom Pilot loudouts
  • Let us be able to rename custom Titan loudouts
  • Quick Join for classic MP
  • Let the Stryker and Ogre be unlockable just by leveling up
  • Add Clan features
  • Add private match options
  • Add a new side arm
  • Optimize the game much much more
  • Allow us to make text chat text bigger
  • More melee animations besides kick
  • Horde mode with bosses and against much much harder AI, maybe add some Pacific Rim shit in
  • Custom skins for guns
  • Custom reticle colors and icons
  • More scopes for all guns
  • Add some iron sights and scope options for side-arms
  • Semi/Automatic firing modes for guns
  • Shorter time between matches
  • Quick chat wheel for PC
  • Customizable pilot appearance (helmets, torso, shoulder pads, pants, boots)
  • Shuffle teams after each match
  • New gens should unlock more loadout slots
  • Let us trash like 3 Burn cards for a random card
  • Daily/weekly challenges
  • Theatre mode
  • Spectator mode

Tokubetsu

"There are female pilots, but no female grunts? What gives?
"Idk, ask Sarah"

Conversation overheard wallrunning above a bunch of grunts on Rise.

"There are female pilots, but no female grunts? What gives?
"Idk, ask Sarah"

Conversation overheard wallrunning above a bunch of grunts on Rise.

Really? That is quite interesting that hey actually acknowledge that.

In regards to voice chat: has anyone heard players chat that haven't involved making odd noises and dishing out insults e.g. tactics-based chatting?

In an ideal world I wouldn't mind voice chat but I am female so you can imagine the **** that would come from that venture into the lovely and friendly world of online gaming and chatting.

Tokubetsu

Really? That is quite interesting that hey actually acknowledge that.

In regards to voice chat: has anyone heard players chat that haven't involved making odd noises and dishing out insults e.g. tactics-based chatting?

In an ideal world I wouldn't mind voice chat but I am female so you can imagine the **** that would come from that venture into the lovely and friendly world of online gaming and chatting.

Yeah, it's the only other grunt convo I've noticed outside the one where they say something like "Pilots are on a whole other level."

Kalm

Is it just me or does crouching into your e-smoke actually kill rodeoing pilots faster?

Also, a fun/bizarre side note: I put in fresh Eneloop 1900s just before booting TF for the first time and they just died during the last match I played.

That's 2 weeks and 29+ hours of TF game-time on a single charge. There's some serious voodoo going on with these pads... :O

Alx

Except for those random noises, the only voices I've heard were a few "hello ? ... Can anybody hear me ?" in the lobby, which was quite sad actually and almost made me reach for a headset to answer the poor guy. But in the end I prefer playing without chat.

Roflobear

Is it just me or does crouching into your e-smoke actually kill rodeoing pilots faster?

Also, a fun/bizarre side note: I put in fresh Eneloop 1900s just before booting TF for the first time and they just died during the last match I played.

That's 2 weeks and 29+ hours of TF game-time on a single charge. There's some serious voodoo going on with these pads... :O

I'm not sure but I always do that too lol. It just makes sense logistically, you're surrounding them with more electric smoke if you're crouched but I don't know if that actually matters

Is Sarah a person who works for Respawn? Ha.

Yes she does..

49wasIw.jpg

Unfortunately the best way to unlock the titans is to do a full run (preferably 1st time out to do it fast), and not to quit out at any point during the campaign, I to had this issue when I started, I had limited game time and as such had to quit out a certain points - I ended up doing the 1st bunch of missions at least 10+ times each due to it putting me into earlier missions every time I tried to continue the campaign.

In the end I set aside a couple of hours and did a strait run though on both sides, just to get it done.

I'm so irritated by this. I can't get into anything but the first Militia mission, it seems. Low population? I just want my Ogre base titan. :(

satchel deaths probably the most annoying but if you ever used satchels its a pretty big investment since you lose grenades and when you switch to satchel you are also vunerable to being shot at.

throwing satchel will switch to the detonator so you lose half a second to switch to your gun. when i was doing the satchel charge challenge for regen it felt the furthest from being OP.

Yep, and the cast for popping the charges is long enough that you can actually be killed mid-detonation and the person is saved. Certainly it's happened to me. I feel I should point out again that unlike many other games you cannot resupply explosives (or, indeed, anything), so annoying as they are you only get one go-round with them per life.

Take CTF and you saying "this its about getting points regardless of winning", you can spend a full game of CTF defending your flag, killing everyone who takes it and actually helping out your team a lot (even being the one who did the most for the team) and at the end of the match you can end up with the least points and bottom of the scoreboard - that isn't right.

I got NINE flag returns last night in a game. Nine. And ~8 flag carrier kills.
I haven't played that well in ages, was just trying out the SMG and found it tons of fun.
Still below people with one capture. That's just painful.

Kalm

I feel I should point out again that unlike many other games you cannot resupply explosives (or, indeed, anything), so annoying as they are you only get one go-round with them per life.

Explosives are resupplied every time you enter a Titan...

I use this all the time in Hardpoint to restock my satchels when defending. The downside is that any placed explosives are removed from the map at the same time.

Kydd BlaZe

Going for those campaign achievements has been a nightmare. No way of knowing which maps you've actually won on is so irritating. Even when you actually know which maps you need to win on, there's no way to select which team you want to play as. I needed to win a few more matches as IMC, but kept getting thrown in as Militia.

At any rate, I finally got all of the campaign achievements. Glad that shit is over with.

EA should really drop this "release only on Origin" bs. I'm having a hard time convincing my friends to buy this on PC because it ain't on Steam. :(

Why should they drop it? Its their service, they dont have to fund valve with their sales, the software works, they have better download speeds than steam and the app uses less resources than steam(usually). It isnt some terrible thing, i dont see any reason they should drop it and if your friends wont buy it just because of this, thats their loss.

I got NINE flag returns last night in a game. Nine. And ~8 flag carrier kills.
I haven't played that well in ages, was just trying out the SMG and found it tons of fun.
Still below people with one capture. That's just painful.

Damn.. Stats don't tell the whole story either because that guy could've just picked up the flag after someone else carried it to the base, walked 5 feet and captured it, netting him the points.

Why should they drop it? Its their service, they dont have to fund valve with their sales, the software works, they have better download speeds than steam and the app uses less resources than steam(usually). It isnt some terrible thing, i dont see any reason they should drop it and if your friends wont buy it just because of this, thats their loss.

If Origin released first, people would have a "Fuck Steam" and "I'm not buying anything if it's released on Steam" mentality.

I use this all the time in Hardpoint to restock my satchels when defending. The downside is that any placed explosives are removed from the map at the same time.

!!!

Whoa, I didn't know this at all. I apologise for my ignorance, and now I'm slightly more annoyed about Arc Mines.

Damn.. Stats don't tell the whole story either because that guy could've just picked up the flag after someone else carried it to the base, walked 5 feet and captured it, netting him the points.

Yerp, whereas I knew that hanging out near our flag would screw me over points-wise, but it would stop them getting captures, and you may be certain it did. Worth it, just annoying.

Roflobear

That sounds like a glitch, not sure how reliable this will be in the long haul =\

E92 M3

Going for those campaign achievements has been a nightmare. No way of knowing which maps you've actually won on is so irritating. Even when you actually know which maps you need to win on, there's no way to select which team you want to play as. I needed to win a few more matches as IMC, but kept getting thrown in as Militia.

At any rate, I finally got all of the campaign achievements. Glad that shit is over with.

It's exactly why I got all of the achievements right away for the campaign. I knew right away that there will be issues as the weeks went by and people congregate away from campaign. Population is very delicate in this game right now, as I've mentioned a few times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom