• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they would. A search and destroy one is debatable because those are slower gametypes, but I would play a titanless gametype for sure. I love the titan on titan on pilot fights but sometimes I wish it were just pilots

I think it defeats the entire purpose and design of the game, to be honest. In the same way that stupid close-quarters DLC for Battlefield defeated the whole purpose of the game by going straight infantry in small environments.

I think you may as well just play COD if you want straight infantry-on-infantry combat.

I'm looking for some PC Titanfall peeps to play with. Is there a spreadsheet or are we just giving and finding names.

If the latter: Origin = SomeOneInaHat

Well damn.

9mE.png

Honestly, I was feeling a bit burnt out on TF. I jumped in a few matches over the weekend to show some friends how it played and I got stomped - I was worried the PC community had left me in the dust while I'd been away. But tonight was wonderful. I was in full games frequently, appropriately matched and everything. I had to stop after this last match though (pic) because there will be no topping it. Towards the end I found a nice, squishy group of recently spawned specters that helped push our team over the edge.

I'm really enjoying the Ogre chassis with the chaingun accelerator. I think enemy Titans don't always realize how much trouble they're in at first, and the extra armor from the Ogre lets me stay in harm's way just long enough for the accelerator to warm up.

I would kill, KILL for a patch that allows players to trade burn cards with each other.

Oh, you're looking for an amped CAR? Well I notice you have a Titan Core card there that I've been eyeing....

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Card trading? No thanks.

I'm curious how the card drops are going to be once I'm Gen 10. Sure I'm drowning in cards now, but lots of them come from leveling and challenges that you'll never be able to finish again.

antitrop

I blew up a Dropship as it was flying away with the Charge Rifle. Wish I was recording it. There was one guy inside and he was PISSED.

The Cowboy

Man alive, the LMG with the slammer mod is amazing, it just melts titans away :D. its also surprisingly good with the AOG sight on it, I wasn't expecting to be able to use it so well.

Wag

Did they add the Nvidia updates yet? (SLI support, TXAA, 4k/60Hz support) When it does then I'll buy it.

statham

you know what I hate more then dieing right before you reach the dropship? dieing right before reaching your titan. Then getting to your titan from whatever spawn spot to see it at its last leg of life, because every one and their momma is attacking it. I never even got to feel the inside of it. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm probably going to check everyday, but the load times are still completely broken. If this means I can never play the game again, I'll be annoyed.

I don't think a one-to-one copy of a Search and Destroy gametype would work in TitanFall. The maps are too big and the movement doesn't lend to S&D's slow nature.

Shorter fuse times. Two rounds (offense and defense). Use the hardpoint locations as bomb drop areas. Basically like Halo's Territories.

It could work

antitrop

TrueGrime

Don't think I saw this posted yet...

http://mp1st.com/2014/03/25/titanfa...-will-free/?utm_content=featured#.UzJd3vldV8F

Vince Zampella @VinceZampella
@YaBoyZD3 Modes we release will be free to all, not part of DLC.

And Double XP weekends for all!

Praise be Respawn!

Thanks to all of you that weathered the shit storm of the gooser challenge. I'm not going to lie, I hope they nerf the shit out of it.

Also, when it is double XP weekend and you use a double XP card, do you get quad XP??? Hmmm.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are you getting the "Load forever" thing on PC?
Not forever, but it can take up to 2 minutes to load in a match (I timed it). It can also take 2 minutes to load out of a match, so I miss the lobby entirely and wait another 2 or more minutes to get into the next match.

I don't know if some new problem introduced itself, since I played 12 hours of the beta and over 24 hours since release perfectly fine, but getting into matches so late basically makes the game a bit unplayable inasmuch as I lose playtime and taking up a slot means that inevitably any time I play with will have a handicap for however long it takes me to load into the game.

antitrop

Double XP is pretty worthless in this game, anyway. The real grind is Generation Challenges, not Levels and Unlocks.

I like it that way, though. You level up crazy fast just playing normally, Double XP is pretty unnecessary.

I've actually just started discarding my Double XP Burn Cards because I can take something more valuable in that slot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Double XP is pretty worthless in this game, anyway. The real grind is Generation Challenges, not Levels and Unlocks.

I like it that way, though. You level up crazy fast just playing normally, Double XP is pretty unnecessary.
Presumably, instead of double XP, they can do double challenges, where each challenge you complete counts for two instead of one. That or just halve all the requirements for a weekend.

TrueGrime

I've actually just started discarding my Double XP Burn Cards because I can take something more valuable in that slot.

You just made me feel terribly bad for hoarding double xp cards.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Gooser is getting tweaked for reals? Man, well, I'm at 20 on PC. Maybe I will focus on Xbox One for a while and maybe let PC Gooser solve itself while I catch up there.

And I toss my "fast learner" cards like they're going to give me AIDS. Seriously, I somehow earned EIGHT of them in a single round and dumped them instantly without a second thought. Couldn't dump that garbage fast enough.

Useless? Not for me. I'm level 42 and it's already starting to get difficult to level up ~3000 XP at a time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They should give players who gen 10'd already a special label called the "True Goose" who did the Gooser challenge before they changed it.

Somnia

Question for XBO players. The updated controller firmware, is that included in one of the updates or do I have to manually update my controller somehow? Getting my XBO back tomorrow with Titanfall.

TrueGrime

Question for XBO players. The updated controller firmware, is that included in one of the updates or do I have to manually update my controller somehow? Getting my XBO back tomorrow with Titanfall.

Hardware Instructions: Before doing the software update, you’ll need to physically connect the Xbox One controller hardware to the Xbox One console using the USB cable that came with the console in the box.

Menu Instructions: Then from the Main Menu (or press the start button with the 3 white stripes), go to Settings, System, Update Controller, and select Continue to do the Xbox One controller update.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They haven't changed it...

As a bit of a side note, Zampella also made it clear that the team will be tweaking the in-game “Gooser” challenge that requires players to kill 50 Pilots in the air after ejecting from their Titan.
I assume they're making it easier.

Somnia

Hardware Instructions: Before doing the software update, you’ll need to physically connect the Xbox One controller hardware to the Xbox One console using the USB cable that came with the console in the box.

Menu Instructions: Then from the Main Menu (or press the start button with the 3 white stripes), go to Settings, System, Update Controller, and select Continue to do the Xbox One controller update.

Thanks, appreciate it :)

Scottiths

Banned
I assume they're making it easier.
Oh. I don't know if that makes me happy or not... I am 21/50. I don't want it to be stupid easy after I didn't the last week just getting that many... our worse, I get 50 and then they drop it. Do us early birds get a special challenge or something?

Klocker

Finally had a moment arise to drop a Titan on the escape ship.

so fun..

So many different ways to do battle in this game it's insane. Also, CTF is fun and fast as hell

I just bought a GTX 780TI and it is paired up with an i7 4930K. Surely I should be able to run this game near max. Was getting drops as far as 15fps even with Insane textures turned off, aliasing turned off and texture filtering down to 8x. Shadows off, everything else high.

Was expecting far better : /

I just bought a GTX 780TI and it is paired up with an i7 4930K. Surely I should be able to run this game near max. Was getting drops as far as 15fps even with Insane textures turned off, aliasing turned off and antistropic down to 8x. Shadows off, everything else high.

Was expecting far better : /

Game does not seem very well optimized.

red731

That feel when you have one second left to board the ship, you jump too early and fall on the ground, missing the ship by an inch from boarding radius.

Alx

That feel when you have one second left to board the ship, you jump too early and fall on the ground, missing the ship by an inch from boarding radius.

Yeah, I've had that happen a lot.
On the other hand, I also managed once to frag an escaping pilot mid-jump as he was about to get in the ship. He must have hated me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom