• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

This match ended in a draw.

UcaXD5y.png

Very nice. I think it is harder to do that then have a clear winner.

I just got this for Origin, is there a list with Gaffers I can add as my friends? All I have is Battlefield friends and they're almost never online.

If anyone wants to add me - GoncaloCastro

tauke

I just got this for Origin, is there a list with Gaffers I can add as my friends? All I have is Battlefield friends and they're almost never online.

If anyone wants to add me - GoncaloCastro

Just sent you a friend request. There is a list of Gaffers somewhere and I think is in the first OT?

Is the season pass worth getting for Xbone? Are the maps showing up in Match making?

Also, my freaking collectors edition statue figures are tipping over. Its apparently a big problem, the weight of them tips them over. I am stuck in support hell with EA right now.

Jito

Banned
Is the season pass worth getting for Xbone? Are the maps showing up in Match making?

Also, my freaking collectors edition statue figures are tipping over. Its apparently a big problem, the weight of them tips them over. I am stuck in support hell with EA right now.

I'm on PC but the season pass is well worth it so far. First map pack is great and gave me a new favourite map in Swampland.

Wonder what other new environments we will get in the next map pack. I'm hoping for a snow map (maybe a snowy forest) and a full on city with huge buildings.

I play on the north central server on xbone and I get new maps from time to time but not very often I'm Not even sure if it's worth getting the next map pack if the community keeps shrinking.

I play on the north central server on xbone and I get new maps from time to time but not very often I'm Not even sure if it's worth getting the next map pack if the community keeps shrinking.

You sir just lost Titanfall cred. Even if there is a growing drought of players, we still play the game regardless of matchmaking times!

Granted I have not seen a drought of players for the XboxOne, so it could be the times you play.

Jito

Banned
Holy hell the, Extra dash burn card with an Atlas is ridiculous, I was flying all around the map and taking a proper beating while doing it.

Actually impressed with the Titan burn cards, they are OP but seem as rare as the Titan call down cards.

Also has anyone else noticed an improvement in the auto pilot AI? I've been killed by a few and they've not even had the guardian chip in. Maybe I'm just seeing things...

I know what breaks the satchels, its not the explosive range but how fast you can throw and detonate one, i see it all too often in this new game mode its easier then cooking a grenade which at least takes a little skill to do.

TrueGrime

Holy hell the, Extra dash burn card with an Atlas is ridiculous, I was flying all around the map and taking a proper beating while doing it.

Actually impressed with the Titan burn cards, they are OP but seem as rare as the Titan call down cards.

Also has anyone else noticed an improvement in the auto pilot AI? I've been killed by a few and they've not even had the guardian chip in. Maybe I'm just seeing things...

They amped the auto-titans up. Now they can use all the abilities as if there was a pilot in them.

Goodbye easy rodeo kills. ):

My favorite titan burn card so far is the amped vortex shield which auto rebounds attacks for you, it's great and so useful when another player shoots tons of rockets at you only to watch them return near instantly, lol.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Some thoughts on the PC update.

The screwed up DLC water thing was not good. I don't know if Respawn messed that one up or if Origin doesn't have a good way of updating DLC packs.

Bug report: Probably not new or anything, but with multiple monitors, high dpi mouse, if I do a big left/right pan and immediately shoot, mouse cursor is on another screen and it takes me out of the game. Lots of games have this issue though.

Along the same lines, the new minimize behavior is awful. Please tell me there is a command line option to restore the old behavior. Now if I alt+tab out the game goes away, and I have no idea when the next round is about to start. Before with the window I could keep track of it, while doing stuff on my other screens.

New G2A4 felt pretty good with a mouse.

Marked for Death is pretty fun with even teams. It might be the worst game type when a competent team takes on a team filled with morons though. Also, coordination is way OP in this mode. With the maphack, parties with mics are completely unbeatable. Still, I like that the game type is different enough to where it leads me to use new class loadouts that I wouldn't use in other games. But, no custom class slots for MFD? That sucks, this mode probably has my most specialized classes and they're taking up the regular slots. Which reminds me, I need to make an MFD cloaked class, I'm pretty sure it defeats the marked player's maphack, seems like it would be a huge advantage on an assassination mission.

Holosight on the amped CAR is dreadful. If you're not willing to give me an HCOG for it, just go back to iron sights...

Ok, after a significant amount of play on the x1 with this patch I can say that the update (mainly carbine nerf) has actually increased the skill gap between the bottom players and the top. With the carbine being a little bit more tricky to use casuals can't even wield them as well.

However, the skill gap at the top shrunk. With the low capacity no one is using a suppressor and being only 30 max clip battling two decent opponents at once has been somewhat problematic.

Overall I don't mind the extra recoil but the clip size has been hit too hard. Extended mag should definitely be 35 rounds not 30.

Dubz

Can someone confirm the less screen tearing and smoother frame rate on the X1?

I play mostly on the PC because I couldn't stand the tearing and jumpiness of the frame rate. Glad to hear this if true.

I don't get this matchmaking at all.

I jumped into a game already in progress but once it ended the matchmaking system did the most absurd thing.

It switched me from the side I was currently on which consisted of no gens and low gens and put me on the side with the other gen 10, and a few other middle road gens.

Why on earth would it do that? Does the matchmaking not take into account the gens? How much you've played?

It's the oddest system. X1 by the way

Dubz

I don't get this matchmaking at all.

I jumped into a game already in progress but once it ended the matchmaking system did the most absurd thing.

It switched me from the side I was currently on which consisted of no gens and low gens and put me on the side with the other gen 10, and a few other middle road gens.

Why on earth would it do that? Does the matchmaking not take into account the gens? How much you've played?

It's the oddest system. X1 by the way

It goes by skill level. Which means win rate and some other factors I believe.

You could play forever and still suck:)

You sir just lost Titanfall cred. Even if there is a growing drought of players, we still play the game regardless of matchmaking times!

Granted I have not seen a drought of players for the XboxOne, so it could be the times you play.

Please so you are telling me you constantly see the new maps? I maybe get a new map every 10 games. I could care less if you think I have cred or not care to post your stats and we can see who has more cred.

Also you can look to twitch and YouTube to see how popular Titanfall is no one post videos or streams anymore. Also I play the game daily and I'm not saying it's hard to find games but he was asking specifically about the new maps.

Bydobob

OK, second time of asking, what's happened to the 144 Hz support?

A few invulnerability bugs tonight, most hilariously this one. No-one mentioned the jump-kick got a nerf!

9wb5g.gif

Hatchtag

Banned
Please so you are telling me you constantly see the new maps? I maybe get a new map every 10 games. I could care less if you think I have cred or not care to post your stats and we can see who has more cred.

Also you can look to twitch and YouTube to see how popular Titanfall is no one post videos or streams anymore. Also I play the game daily and I'm not saying it's hard to find games but he was asking specifically about the new maps.

3 new maps/13 maps total = .23, or 23% of all maps. Seeing it once every 10 maps ain't bad.
I too play North Central U.S.

EDIT:
Oh, stupid question I've been meaning to ask, why do I sometimes not return my flag on XB1? There's been quiet a few times where I get all the way back to base, can't drop it, and then someone kills me and returns it. It's really annoying. I realized that having my ability active makes it so I can't return the flag, but it still seems to happen, even when my ability isn't active. Is this a glitch, or am I not getting something?

It goes by skill level. Which means win rate and some other factors I believe.

You could play forever and still suck:)

Then it's flawed . A no gen or rank could play a few games and do really well but in actuality know little about the game. While someone with a higher gen could do ok on average but have played a ton and is very competent at the game.

First off easy there turbo I was kidding. Second I have no doubt that you are the better player. I am horrid at FPS games and just started playing this. But I do know when I have been playing that I have seen the new maps in rotation more often than not. I will count it the next time I sit down to play.

Daemul

Fuck me, War Games is amazing. I spent 90% of the match wallrunning and taking people out from above, it's parkour heaven.

Hatchtag

Banned
This is getting out of hand. Why even put me in a match like this ?

Damn, that's pretty bad.
As for unbalanced match making, Last Titan Standing is the worst. They shouldn't start the match until it's 6v6. Going in with two or even one less players than the other side is just too big of a disadvantage.

Ghazi

You guys think I can ring up MS support and ask for a season pass transfer to the One? I hate that they aren't cross platform, so dumb since Battlefield 4 is both cross platform for DLC and stats.

Top Bottom