• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

When you regen, do you use your burn card deck?

I'm going for the unlock everything achievement before I regen and I have a number of XP boost cards. Obviously if I'm going to lose them they are of no use to me.

You keep your cards on regeneration. I thought you didn't on my first regeneration, but I was surprised to see that you do. Now because of that I save my double XP for early generation.

Obscured

You keep your cards on regeneration. I thought you didn't on my first regeneration, but I was surprised to see that you do. Now because of that I save my double XP for early generation.

Ah yes, sorry for the typo.

Okay, that's good to know.

Yeah the XP should help power through some early levels.

Those fast learner cards and Titan drops are great for early levels of a gen.

Could you be more specific?

I wasn't in that conversation and usually I remember to call out xbox record that which works out well enough, but halo 3 style theater would be pretty awesome (I never expect this)

Chitown B

what the hell is the weapon that makes you be hit from every f'ing angle when you're in a Titan? that is the most annoying thing in the game to me.

I like the changes from the patch. The new low water is awful, but I think performance improved a bit for me? Averaging 45-50 frames now.
Hemlok is still kinda sucky though.

tauke

what the hell is the weapon that makes you be hit from every f'ing angle when you're in a Titan? that is the most annoying thing in the game to me.

Are you referring to anti-titan weapons? Nearest I can think of is the Sidewinder which blast a barrage of micro missiles which give the impressions you are being hit from all sides.

Or maybe the mag launcher which snap to your titan when the enemy aim consistently near to you.

Chitown B

Are you referring to anti-titan weapons? Nearest I can think of is the Sidewinder which blast a barrage of micro missiles which give the impressions you are being hit from all sides.

Or maybe the mag launcher which snap to your titan when the enemy aim consistently near to you.

must be the sidewinder. It's far too unfair as it makes you freak out and not be able to attempt to shield from any direction.

ALSO,

fuck the plasma rail gun. stupid fucking 10 titan kills to get the instant shot. I've played 10 games to get 7 kills and I go games without a single kill. I shoot when the reticle is red and half the time it doesn't even connect. WTF!!!!!!!!! You can't run when charging your weapon and can't turn worth a crap - and it takes 6 seconds for a full charge that won't even kill a shielded titan in two shots. If your teammate runs in front of you, which you CAN'T SEE since you're scoped - you lose the charge for nothing

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
They widened the Plasma Railgun view significantly, to the point where the weapon is actually useful now. Your mobility is hampered when shooting it though. You need to be well positioned and use your dashes wisely to get your shots. It hits like a ton of bricks. It does have travel time so you may need to lead targets just a little if they're moving.

And it's good for teh lulz:

http://a.pomf.se/tyydew.webm

Alx

I hate the mag launcher so much, whatever side of it I stand. When you're in a Titan, it's hard to tell where the pilot is shooting from and it just feel like grenades are raining all around you ; and when you're the pilot using it, the "pop pop pop" and low range makes it feel like a weak and un-fun weapon. :/

Bgamer90

Banned
Really enjoying the marked for death mode. Pretty fun.

Also, it may be a placebo effect but does anyone think that the update reduced scree tearing? It seems to have gone down a lot in comparison to how I remember the game being last month.

Really enjoying the marked for death mode. Pretty fun.

Also, it may be a placebo effect but does anyone think that the update reduced scree tearing? It seems to have gone down a lot in comparison to how I remember the game being last month.
Yeah, there is definitely less screen tearing now.

Montresor

Swampland is a fantastic map.

I got 12 kills on the dot in War Games... was nervous there, but I'm glad I got that achievement out of the way. :p

Went back to the carbine for most of my matches last night and was easily doing better then my best with the other rifles, it's a shame.

With the hamlok, I know I keep moaning about it! but if the starburst mod was accurate and didn't sway the gun into the clouds when shot it would benefit a lot, though keep it spraying like wildfire if shot from the hip.

I forgot to save it but last night I was able to spray and kill the first marked opponent with a carbine using holo sights, they were no bigger then a pixel or two on my tv and I managed to kill them quickly, too.

It would be nice if there was a flag touched count for CTF, I feel like I was the only one trying in a match I just had but the scoreboard makes it look like I died 25 times because i'm a noob, I even had the flag on me for a while but our flag was away from home.

I dunno, for such an online focused game it would be nice to have stats on everything, ctf relies on touches to stop the enemy picking it up or returning it home.

Triple Threat seems way OP. I'm murdering guys with it.

Up close it's like a shotgun for titans, extended mag plus rocket salvo and you will murder anyone with an ambush in last titan standing.

20 deaths, no caps but I died twice inches away from capping the flag and a teammate ran it home, I get no credit for it and the round ties 2-2.

:(

tauke

It would be nice if there was a flag touched count for CTF, I feel like I was the only one trying in a match I just had but the scoreboard makes it look like I died 25 times because i'm a noob, I even had the flag on me for a while but our flag was away from home.

I dunno, for such an online focused game it would be nice to have stats on everything, ctf relies on touches to stop the enemy picking it up or returning it home.

I rarely play CTF but in MFD... sometimes my death count is the highest as I need to buy time for the marked player in my team to escape death while the others pursue the enemy marked player.

Well at least some matches I managed to become MVP by hunting the marked enemies.

MFD really expose weird map design to me. Map like Demeter have creative players wallrun infinitely at the cliff found at the west part of the map when being marked. Some like Lagoon... I'll go to this small odd rocky cliff at the east and throw arc mine to deter enemies which I can easily kill them.

Do Titan weapons have limited ammo? I've noticed I've never run out of ammo.

Woops actually the ammo is limited. I think you can refill it by hopping out and in again the Titan. It also refill your Pilot ordnance and ammo too!

tauke

Once my chaingun ran out of ammo, I got out of the titan and back in to find it fixed itself / restocked.

Glitch maybe

Woops I got confused with the ordnance and the primary weapon. What I know is by hopping out of your Titan and in again, your ammo magically restocked.

Or another way to refill the ammo is to pickup leftover Titan weapons on the ground. It does the trick for me.

Chitown B

I would like to know why I'm still getting damaged when I have my vortex shield up. I was only being shot from the direction I was facing.

The CTF game timer should not conclude if someone is holding the flag, keep getting robbed a chance to cap because the timer runs out as I am running with the flag.

sad day today :(

tauke

Does part of the damage from the rail gun go through? Because you can catch the slugs

I guess if both railgun and arc cannon are fully charged, it can bypass the vortex shield.

Well I rarely use vortex shield except after regen as I don't see it as effective as electric smoke.

Chitown B

I guess if both railgun and arc cannon are fully charged, it can bypass the vortex shield.

Well I rarely use vortex shield except after regen as I don't see it as effective as electric smoke.

I'm trying to get my titan kills in Last Titan Standing, for my all hardware achieve. Now I only have Arc Cannon 20 kills left. This is going to suck, I hate that weapon.

Jito

Banned
Played with a strange amount of Gen 10s who are shit lately, what's the deal with that? Boosters? You gotta have some idea how to play properly after playing that long.

So annoying having to carry a team full of players that should be able to hold their own based on their rank.

HelloMeow

Played with a strange amount of Gen 10s who are shit lately, what's the deal with that? Boosters? You gotta have some idea how to play properly after playing that long.

So annoying having to carry a team full of players that should be able to hold their own based on their rank.

Probably the fact that the game has been out for a while now. Because leveling goes faster the higher you get, the number of higher level players will seem to increase faster and faster.

MaGlock

Could you be more specific?

Pike the other poster said a system like halo 3 is unbeatable in my eyes. Automatically store your last 5-10 matches then allow for different angles when viewing a kill, slow things down, see exactly what happened. For Example in the chaos of a titan battle numerous times I've gotten an archer rocket titan doom despite not shooting one now that could only mean my cluster missile must have set it off before it impacted the enemy titan and I'd to make a clip of that.

Jito

Banned
Probably the fact that the game has been out for a while now. Because leveling goes faster the higher you get, the number of higher level players will seem to increase faster and faster.

It is weird how you level up faster at higher Gens, I would have preferred if it took longer the higher you are really, then you'd know who put the effort in to get to Gen 10. People just seems so inconsistent no matter what rank they are, mainly due to doing challenges half the time instead of trying to win the match. Every Gen should have an All I do is win challenge to get people playing for the win.

tauke

It is weird how you level up faster at higher Gens, I would have preferred if it took longer the higher you are really, then you'd know who put the effort in to get to Gen 10. People just seems so inconsistent no matter what rank they are, mainly due to doing challenges half the time instead of trying to win the match. Every Gen should have an All I do is win challenge to get people playing for the win.

Currently doing the Gen 8 challenge and 13 wins so far.

Still I think Gen10 players can be intimidating when in a group of 6.

Chitown B

I've been playing Last Titan Standing for 2 hours and have gotten 8 arc cannon kills.

It's going to take me 5 hours just for this one stupid weapon.

tauke

I've been playing Last Titan Standing for 2 hours and have gotten 8 arc cannon kills.

It's going to take me 5 hours just for this one stupid weapon.

I'm afraid it will take sometime for this challenge. :(

On another hand.... I got so many damn burn cards--

THEaaron

Only playing titanfall once or two times a week at the moment but these butthurt ragekids are a pain in the a**.

10513509_809650109069608_2168006891195998093_n.jpg

TrueGrime

The other night when I was playing with fellow gaffers we ran into a 6-man 10 gen team that mopped the floor with us in Last Titan Standing. It was the best strategy I saw.

The team was split evenly (I think) between titans with arc cannons and chaingun/40 mm. They all had shield wall. When we approached they'd throw up the wall and the arc cannon titans were already charged and knocking our shields off. Of course the arc cannon goes across multiple titans so it was easily overpowering us especially when you had like 3 titans with the arc cannon. The titans with regular weapons would finish us off. The icing on the cake was that they were in ogres and started the match with a core weapon burn card.

MaGlock

Just played a game and got 118 points 2nd place got 81. And we lost the last 4 guys on the team combined for 71 points :(

Obscured

I love how on last titan standing, idiots bottleneck and you can't get past them, so you die.

I wish there was a button like in assassins creed where you could push by other titans.

The other night when I was playing with fellow gaffers we ran into a 6-man 10 gen team that mopped the floor with us in Last Titan Standing. It was the best strategy I saw.

The team was split evenly (I think) between titans with arc cannons and chaingun/40 mm. They all had shield wall. When we approached they'd throw up the wall and the arc cannon titans were already charged and knocking our shields off. Of course the arc cannon goes across multiple titans so it was easily overpowering us especially when you had like 3 titans with the arc cannon. The titans with regular weapons would finish us off. The icing on the cake was that they were in ogres and started the match with a core weapon burn card.

That is impressive. I haven't been on when other gaffers have so I'm always playing as a random. Haven't run into any teams really, but any one else see any good examples of team work out there or when you guys have been able to get together have you been using any effective strategies?

Did they buff instant shot on the railgun? that thing use to hit like a stage 2 charge but it now feels like a stage 3 or 4, defo doing more damage with it.

I'd love to play last titan standing on xbox one with some of you guys, randoms are too, well.. random.

Jito

Banned
Oh come on! Finally get a lobby on Hardpoint after waiting 5 minutes, played 2 whole games then at the start of the next one, "Server shutting down". Those dedicated servers are really reliable!

TrueGrime

Oh come on! Finally get a lobby on Hardpoint after waiting 5 minutes, played 2 whole games then at the start of the next one, "Server shutting down". Those dedicated servers are really reliable!

Just get a fucking XB1 Jito and come play with us. :)

Top Bottom