• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I suffered the long loading time around late April and say screw it even after a month later as I got dropped in pretty late in a match.

So I uninstall Titanfall and with the recent 48 hours gamepass, I downloaded it again and here's the catch for me: By choosing different servers than my usual one (SEA and East Asia), it fixed my long loading times. Kinda bizarre but I can reproduce the current long loading time by playing at SEA server (nothing to do with player count as Attrition have healthy amount of players just that when the match countdown over, the long loading time kicks in).

Anyway still waiting for the update to finish download and will post my impression later.
Maybe I should try a high ping server to see if that fixes the problem. lol

My worst loading time was 5 minutes before getting into a map. That kind of killed the game for me sadly.

tauke

Maybe I should try a high ping server to see if that fixes the problem. lol

My worst loading time was 5 minutes before getting into a map. That kind of killed the game for me sadly.

Yup you should give it a try. Preferably try US West or Japan as so far I've no issue with it.

So my impression with Update 4 is the loading time is BLOODY FAST! Good job Respawn as when the match countdown over, it only takes around 5-10 secs to load the map.

Previously it averages 30 secs for me and I can still read the loading screen text. Now just as it appears, I'm in the game already.

Also somehow I got the Gooser challenge insignia even though I only score 8 goosers before the challenge got reduced to 5.

Burn Card hotkey after you died is a much great addition. Other than that, I don't see much different in normal gameplay even with the weapon balancing. Well the satchels radius nerf has encourage other players in using arc/frag grenade lol.

Still got no chance to play Marked for Death since not enough players to start a match...

tauke

Holy shit. I FUCKING LOVE MARKED FOR DEATH.

Fast and fun and fuck.

I wish there are players on PC for Marked for Death. :( Can't get a match due to lack of players interested in it.

Care to share your own impression of Marked for Death later?

Hatchtag

Banned
god dammit why is World War Z's running time to so long.
I just wanna play the new update ;_;.
If any of you wanna join me on Xbox One in about an hour and a half, my gamertag is Hatchtag.

TrueGrime

I wish there are players on PC for Marked for Death. :( Can't get a match due to lack of players interested in it.

Sorry to hear that man. It's crazy that the PC market has deteriorated like it has.

As for MFD, it's just plain fun really and it builds more on teamwork. Both in hunting for the mark as well as protecting your own mark. Mark's are completely random so if you're running about alone chances are you're going to have to fend for yourself alone. You only get like 5 seconds to prep for being the mark. I think the only time where things become one-sided is if a team has titans. When teams get their titans its bad to go lone wolf since the same rules apply for defense. It can become a titan camp fest. The mode plays fast especially when you're hunting for the mark. All in all, I think this is now my favorite mode.

Mechazawa

Marked for Death was the easiest mode to get people for whenever I played it. Probably because it's at the top of the list.

But it also damn near requires a party, so I didn't play more than 3 or so matches.

Satchels still seem really strong to me. They're still powerful as all hell and it's hard to beat their utility for when you need to make someone in front of you disappear immediately.

Also, I like a lot of the little touches the patch added. Noise indicator when you kill someone(makes running over others in Titans especially noticeable) and the little icons noting which group of players escaped on the dropship on the scoreboard.

TrueGrime

I also switched from Carbine to CAR and I'm mowing people down as if I had the Carbine. It's funny because I still kill people that shoot me first. It's unbeatable at close range and pretty fucking deadly midrange.

And you don't even have to use ADS.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So maybe the new R97 isn't fantastic. Actually aside from that comical fail it's been pretty good, but I'm thinking it probably shines more on PC than Xbox. After playing for a few hours I think Carbine is still king on Xbox One.

As for matchmaking, and games where it's 6v3 for the whole thing... sorry players, you have only yourselves to blame. I see you connecting to a game that's off to a 50-100 start and immediately disconnecting. Because boo hoo god forbid you play at a disadvantage for one round. Respect to the players who fight it out, but if there were enough of us in the first place, matchmaking wouldn't be that problematic.

I will say this about the matchmaking, mixing up the teams between rounds is great. Sometimes you get that one guy who single-handedly loses a match for you, but now it actually happens that he can get thrown on the other team and I can proceed to shit all over him. That was much needed, and much appreciated.

Anyway, sometimes it pays to get a ride to the evac zone from your opponent:
xboxclips.com

tauke

Hooo boy managed to get a match of MFD and damn it is fun!

That moment when you being marked and well all hell break loose lol.

Hatchtag

Banned
Is the Respawn Insignia rare at all or? I happened to have had it when I started playing tonight, or at least close to it :D.

Alx

Is the Respawn Insignia rare at all or? I happened to have had it when I started playing tonight, or at least close to it :D.

I unlocked it in my very first game post patch. Maybe I was lucky, but I suppose it will spread quite fast (I did my part, getting killed a lot in the following games... :p )

Javes

I also unlocked it in my first game post patch. Definitely seems easier to get than the Dice dog tags in BF4.

Hatchtag

Banned
Yeah, doubt it's rare then.
Simple thing (at least seemingly, anyways) that the Respawn guys reading this thread need to add: let us know how many titans remain in Last Titan Standing after you die! It makes watching the remainder of the match kind of pointless when there's no good way to know who's winning. (If I'm stupid and there is a way to do this, please tell me.)

Tawpgun

Yeah marked for death is really fun. IMO get rid of pilot hunter and replace it with marked for death permanently.

I had an amped DMR on nexus, and I got up to that spire on the top of the map and stayed there literally the entire game. Poppin pilots and marks all day.

Alx

Yeah, doubt it's rare then.
Simple thing (at least seemingly, anyways) that the Respawn guys reading this thread need to add: let us know how many titans remain in Last Titan Standing after you die! It makes watching the remainder of the match kind of pointless when there's no good way to know who's winning. (If I'm stupid and there is a way to do this, please tell me.)

Ahem, the number of little guys appearing above and below the score counters represent the number of Titans on the field. :p

*edit : for example here :
maxresdefault.jpg

there are 5 Militia Titans left, and 6 IMC.

Alx

I know thats how you do it while playing, but that doesn't appear once you die and can not respawn.

Really ? I haven't played LTS much, but I thought you could keep track of it the same way even when you're dead... Never mind then.

Jito

Banned
Hate being on a team in Attriction and no one else gets more than 50 points. How is that even possible. Someone didn't even have a kill?!

Edit: There really needs to be a more in depth training mode where people can be tested on their wall running abilities mainly without getting blown up every ten seconds in a multiplayer match. The main thing I take away from shit team mates is they just run about on the floor doing fuck all most of the game and probably have no idea why they are so bad, it's all about wall running, getting about the map quickly, getting right into the combat in seconds and using it to get away from trouble.

Also it needs to be a big highlighted point on the Attriction loading screen that killing grunts helps the game, tons of shit team mates with low kills, low grunt kills and tons of deaths. Even with one Titan call in you can kill a ton of grunts before being taken out, all you have to do is walk over them, it's not rocket science!

Sometimes being marked for death while already in a gun fight is annoying but at least this game warns you 5 or so seconds before the target above your head appears, gives you time to plan something out.

The idea of rotating game modes is a good idea, it stops having multiple hoppers which are spread thin with players and gives us something fresh every update, hopefully these rotating game modes keep things original (the titan capture mode sounds like a lot of fun if it allows anyone to get into a special built titan)

Alx

Sometimes being marked for death while already in a gun fight is annoying but at least this game warns you 5 or so seconds before the target above your head appears, gives you time to plan something out.

He, I saw a guy get executed in his titan two seconds after being marked. We thought we were just shooting at some random guy and "oh shit he's the mark, finish him !". :D

-marked for death is a great gametype
-the new menu art is fantastic, and there's one less connecting/loading screen now which is very welcome
-game runs better on the X1 (less screen tearing/smooth frame rate)

Good update. Now of I could just finish up this unlock everything achievement I could regen!

tauke

I find Marked for Death is a great test to see how well a player memorize a map. Well I cheated several time by trying to go nearly off map and running around the perimeter while my team mates try their best to eliminate the other team marked player.

Also this game mode lead to an increase amount of players who uses the nuclear ejection and auto eject so they can't be terminated when in a titan.

Forgot to mentioned that once players are marked, they are visible on the map and on screen HUD which add to the tension of trying to kill or be killed.

Yup. Skull is a dead player, running is a player on foot, titan means well.. player is in a titan.

And the figure of a person next to a Titan means that they are likely the ass hat that throws the match while chasing after some challenge.

It's a viable strategy, but I haven't observed a lot of success from it outside of incredibly coordinated teams.

Amped hamlock is ridiculous. Probably the most powerful gun in the game

Shame the normal hamlok sucks monkey balls still, i'm using it as my main to see if it improves but I hate landing several shots at distance only to be sprayed back with the 'gimped' carbine and losing

Crucio

Update 4 really surprised me, I love the new artwork, gameplay notification changes and designs. Respawn really gave this game some fresh air.
It makes my journey to Gen 10 that much more enjoyable.

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but some of the Amped weapons have seen some changes outside of the accounting of the changes to their base versions. CAR has a holosight now for example.

Much as I love marked for death I keep getting thrown on the team where no one attempts to kill the marker, keep losing :(

Also one thing I never understood is why do high challenges earn so much exp when by the time you get to them you are capped at 50, and after you regen all the challenges reset anyway... so what's the point of wasted exp in challenges?

tauke

Much as I love marked for death I keep getting thrown on the team where no one attempts to kill the marker, keep losing :(

Also one thing I never understood is why do high challenges earn so much exp when by the time you get to them you are capped at 50, and after you regen all the challenges reset anyway... so what's the point of wasted exp in challenges?

I guess the quicker level up is to help unlock all the required weapons/skills to help the player focus on the challenges? Still silly when you reached level 50 like in Gen 7 and still have a lot of challenges that is yet to be cleared.

I still yet to regen to Gen 8 as I don't want to get gimped out during MFD match. Also yeah sucks on players who don't hunt the marked enemy in MFD.

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but some of the Amped weapons have seen some changes outside of the accounting of the changes to their base versions. CAR has a holosight now for example.

That is cool.

I got to play with a fellow Gaffer 2 days ago. All I can say is I feel bad for them... They played like it was the game of Bowling and their score was almost a perfect set. And I played like it was the game of golf and shot the best damn tiger woods game ever.

To ProGamer720... I swear to God I will get better.

tauke

YRtoP62.jpg

First time encounter a stacked team of Gen 10 (5 of them is in a party).

Epic loss that I need not post my result lol.

YRtoP62.jpg

The fact that you even played the game makes you an honorable opponent. Did you at least learn anything or was it a terrible roflcopter stomp?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
YRtoP62.jpg

I'm surprised those guys stayed around, they usually start dropping like flies when you go up against a high level team in the lobby.

tauke

The fact that you even played the game makes you an honorable opponent. Did you at least learn anything or was it a terrible roflcopter stomp?

I'm surprised those guys stayed around, they usually start dropping like flies when you go up against a high level team in the lobby.

The only thing that bond all of us in that battle is... "GG" just before the match countdown reach 0 lol.

It is a terrible roflcopter stomp. Managed to score 1 vs 10...

The only thing that bond all of us in that battle is... "GG" just before the match countdown reach 0 lol.

It is a terrible roflcopter stomp. Managed to score 1 vs 10...

The fact that you guys got one, and you never played with these team members before and I doubt you were a very cohesive team means you did well.

TrueGrime

YRtoP62.jpg

I would really like to see the point spread on this ass whippin'

I usually bitch about one-sided teams but there's nothing you can really do if lower level guys are in there and staying when a party of 5 fucking 10 gens gets in there.

Top Bottom