• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Roflobear

Raider be that strong independent player that don't need no mic

Also Applesauce I apologize if I missed your message. Now that we're added as friends, feel free to join the party from hereon out

DoomGyver

I recently bought an xbox one and titanfall and need some people to play with. I'm usually on late at night east coast. GT BioCraft

Hatchtag

Banned
Just had my first few matches where the whole enemy team was in one party with mics on. Needless to say, we got demolished.

Argonomic

This is getting out of hand. Why even put me in a match like this ?
swy8m.jpg

Because otherwise you would wait too long for a match.

Argonomic

Yeah, doubt it's rare then.
Simple thing (at least seemingly, anyways) that the Respawn guys reading this thread need to add: let us know how many titans remain in Last Titan Standing after you die! It makes watching the remainder of the match kind of pointless when there's no good way to know who's winning. (If I'm stupid and there is a way to do this, please tell me.)

Mmmmmm, good observation.

Man I have never gotten a single DLC map outside of the DLC playlist. Wtf.

I am loving Marked for Death. Shit gets lopsided quick though when one team gets a Titan advantage.

tauke

Hilarious thing happened when my team only have 3 players and the game shuffle the team... to make it into a Gen Players vs Non-Gen Players.

ggOgTuQ.jpg

Felt so sorry for those poor fellas--

Because otherwise you would wait too long for a match.

I don't really mind this newer and much quicker matchmaking. Huge improvement after Update 4 is live and at least I'm playing it on a daily basis.

Welfare

I swear this game does not want me getting LTS on Swampland. Last gametype I need before 100% the achievements again (sans Gen 10). Always puts me in Hardpoint.

Update four has really got me interested in playing titanfall again. I love the game but it was getting a tiny bit stale for me. New modes every once in a while is going to really get me into playing it again from time to time.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
The new map loading times are awesome (PC Version). It was taking me and my friend about 10 seconds to load each map (at least it felt that fast). Certainly a big improvement. He used to never load in time for the dropship but now loads to the black screen before the dropship even starts.

Great job Respawn.

Does anyone ever play matches where even though the ping is good everything spikes around slightly? it really effects the hits for single shot weapons and makes anything automatic ten times better to use.

I worry that the halo collection will suffer the same fate with microsoft servers, no idea what causes it.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I love this update! Great job, Respawn! This is how you reenergize a game (although I was still playing TitanFall A LOT regardless).

With that said, one thing I HATE is, when in a party in the lobby, we get disconnected if we wait too long to start a game. Usually when we are waiting, it is because we are taking short breaks or discussing what to do next. I have a feeling it's because the game perceives us as taking up server space, and not doing anything with it, but it doesn't take long at all for it to disconnect you.

tauke

Been playing MFD ever since I can get a match.

That feeling when you are the marked player hunting another marked player just cause.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Does anyone ever play matches where even though the ping is good everything spikes around slightly? it really effects the hits for single shot weapons and makes anything automatic ten times better to use.

... no.

i have a pretty bad connection. after playing on the cloud and x1, going back to anything multiplayer on 360 is painful. my experience is virtually flawless. in fact, pretty much all of my issues only occur just prior to a disconnect. i love the cloud man.

Montresor

New titanfall achievements according to trueachievements.com.

They all look decent. Nothing that says "Kill an ejecting pilot with the Smart Pistol, while cloaked, in the year of our Lord 2014, at half past 3pm." They're all just Kill X number of people or Win X number of matches. I.E. Encouraging people to play normally on new maps, instead of encouraging people to abandon map goals to chase bullshit challenges. Not bad. This might get me to dive back into titanfall and buy the DLC.

... no.

i have a pretty bad connection. after playing on the cloud and x1, going back to anything multiplayer on 360 is painful. my experience is virtually flawless. in fact, pretty much all of my issues only occur just prior to a disconnect. i love the cloud man.

I wonder if it's my ISP but titanfall seems to be the only game doing so right now, i'll have to look into it.

Nori Chan

I'd like to thank grime and bear for dying in the first round too quickly on LTS and make me miss the second round in order to get this achievement :)

It's Safer Up here 20 G
Didn't touch the ground for 60 seconds on Swampland

Nori Chan

Interesting tip from reddit that I have never tried

When using Stealth Kit during a rodeo attack, not only do you not make any clambering sound on the outside of the enemy titan, but they do not see a rodeo indicator until you start doing damage to their titan.
Edit: With some additional testing, here are some specifics I've found:
The first time a given titan is rodeo attacked, while the pilot within will not hear your foot steps if you are using stealth kit, the act of removing the rodeo hatch will trigger the rodeo alert for the pilot inside. However, any time you use stealth kit to rodeo a titan that has already had its hatch removed, its pilot will neither hear your steps nor recieve an alert until you have damaged the titan directly.
I would like to test it out more, but from what I can tell, auto titans are still aware of you and will deploy smoke when rodeo attacked, even if you are using stealth kit.

tl;dr: using stealth kit, you can stay on a titan longer without it noticing until you damage it or remove the hull cap

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The 100 burn cards thing is great... I'm getting pretty close to the overflow thing, curious to see how it works. To be honest the previous update was kind of bullshit, I thought it would overwrite common junk cards with rare cards as I earned them but that didn't happen. Before the original patch I made an effort to clear out some cards so I didn't accidentally overwrite all my spare titans. After that more often than not I didn't, but awesome cards just disappeared into the ether as I earned them. I'm thinking I missed out on a least a dozen spare titans and a dozen map hacks and the like.

What I'd really like, Respawn, is a system where I could just prioritize cards and have it run on autopilot. There are lots of ways to approach it. You could have an alphabetical list of all the cards. The use could scroll through and assign a class to each card... say Junk/Bronze/Silver/Gold/Diamond. Whenever a new card comes in, if it's say Silver, it will replace any card in Junk/Bronze if there's no room. Then within each tier the algorithm would just strive to keep things balanced, if it's a silver level card and you're already stacked at that card, it would discard it. If it's the other way around and you don't have many of those cards in that tier, it would discard one that you have more duplicates of. The longer you play while not using your burn cards, the better your deck would get. Eventually you'd only have Gold/Diamond, and finally just your preferred Diamond cards. I think that idea is pretty simple and immensely useful.

Otherwise, getting more complicated with it, I'd give the user a ranked list of all the card types to indicate priority, instead of tiers. And the new cards would simply obey the ranking system, i.e. are they high enough ranked to take one of the deck spaces from a lower ranked card? If so dump the lesser card and add the better one. Additionally you'd have another column, called "Protected Count" or something with a +/- button where it just changes a number next to the card. No matter where a card is ranked, if you give it a protected slot, however many you pick will be completely safe from culling. Your protection count can only add up to however many deck slots you have in total. So for us Gen 10 guys we'd have 100, and somewhere on the screen there'd be an indicator showing how many protected slots are still available. It would essentially define your ideal deck. But it doesn't even have to be that rigid, you could just use it to preserve some diversity. I could have my top tier not be protected at all, all the unprotected slots would prioritize those cards anyway. I could use just a few protected slots on things like Amped R101Cs and Smuggled Stimulants. Things that I don't think of as super high priority, yet I feel I always want a few in my deck.

That would also be a great mechanism for the 'collector' type to manage their deck. What I mean is that you'd set each card to a protected count of 1. That way you could earn a complete deck without having to micromanage everything. I think at gen 10 you'd probably still have some slots left over and that's where they'd get filled by your rankings.

tauke

I love this game mode.

This play was so fucking hype. I realize I'm getting marked, my auto titan makes his way to me, I kill a guy (not shown, only in killfeed) and embark at the last second before dieing. Realize enemy mark and another enemy titan are behind me, but a manage to terminate the enemy mark and nuclear eject the other dude

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=6f9c734f-9d27-4f72-a24b-a15389e8da87

Just watch it. Much coincidence to see both marked player near to each other and you pull it off with style.

I love this game mode.

This play was so fucking hype. I realize I'm getting marked, my auto titan makes his way to me, I kill a guy (not shown, only in killfeed) and embark at the last second before dieing. Realize enemy mark and another enemy titan are behind me, but a manage to terminate the enemy mark and nuclear eject the other dude

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=6f9c734f-9d27-4f72-a24b-a15389e8da87
Marked for death is awesome. Everything about the most recent update is awesome. Titanfall is just awesome.

... no.

lmao

MaGlock

So at 50 gen 8 right now. Only 26 wins looks like this will be a long gen haha. Halfway down with atlas executions. And 16/50 for look out below. Everything else completed.

On a side note. The carbine wasn't nerfed too hard. But the ammo reduction is pretty extreme. Gun feels the same to me but less ammo

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Got these sweet kills on marks too.
Nice, I'm liking those long range guns for mark hunting as well. Though they're not as good when you're the mark hunkered in a corner.

Great mode for hunting geese as well, err, at least until the players get a little wiser I guess:
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...tual&vid=f1dd5dcb-3757-4943-9cd6-886a6f417cea

All my best clips were on PC though, unfortunately I don't know my Shadowplay shortcuts that well and started a new recording instead of saving the buffer. I really wanted to save a nice nuclear eject as a mark on Rise, up and over to the other side of the map over the sand dropping right into a 1v1 firefight with the opposing mark who had been wall running up top to stay alive. Was definitely one of those "only in Titanfall" moments.

Tawpgun

Nice, I'm liking those long range guns for mark hunting as well. Though they're not as good when you're the mark hunkered in a corner.

Great mode for hunting geese as well, err, at least until the players get a little wiser I guess:
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...tual&vid=f1dd5dcb-3757-4943-9cd6-886a6f417cea

All my best clips were on PC though, unfortunately I don't know my Shadowplay shortcuts that well and started a new recording instead of saving the buffer. I really wanted to save a nice nuclear eject as a mark on Rise, up and over to the other side of the map over the sand dropping right into a 1v1 firefight with the opposing mark who had been wall running up top to stay alive. Was definitely one of those "only in Titanfall" moments.
Not a mark, but everyone loves a good gooser. I do terminate a mark in the beginning.
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=5a93019b-2318-4d2c-85b6-60337862a10f

My friends and I used to have some trouble showing each other our clips. We'd say "check out my titanfall clip" or something like that and sometimes it would just be a pain in the ass and we'd have to figure out which titanfall clip we were talking about. Now we can just link each other the clips.

Welfare

Tips on wall running achievement? I'm guessing throw grenades at grunts and wall run before it explodes?

In the main structure, there will be 3-4 a.i in there. Just throw a grenade, and wall run. The walls are long enough for you to do this. If they don't die from that, just wall run and try to shoot them. More a.i will come, so just stay there. You can also get free grenades every time you enter a Titan, so this will speed up the process.

Montresor

I haven't played in months, but since they added the new achievements I bought the season pass and fired up the game again. Three small things that I noticed which I liked:

1) The initial start menu (with the incredible music theme) now has bright video footage playing in the background. Very nice. It used to be incredibly washed out and dark. And the new footage they're using is getting me so pumped to get back into this game.

2) Titan insignias, neat.

3) Custom Titan AI voice. I immediately chose Lisa, the lady with the UK accent.

So I checked my deck and I have 11 double xp cards. Once I'm done with these challenges and regenerate I'm going to go through this next gen so fast.

When you regen, do you lose your burn card deck?

I'm going for the unlock everything achievement before I regen and I have a number of XP boost cards. Obviously if I'm going to lose them they are of no use to me.

Nori Chan

When you regen, do you use your burn card deck?

I'm going for the unlock everything achievement before I regen and I have a number of XP boost cards. Obviously if I'm going to lose them they are of no use to me.

I'm going to guess you mean lose your burn card deck

and no you don't.

Top Bottom