• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I had a quick look through the patch's changes for anything interesting. Most of the changes were related to the new DLC maps. They did add a new unique playlist image for the Pilot Skirmish and a few new kill stats (Amped Vortex Kills) but I think that's about it.
No new changes to the unannounced game-modes such as Big Brother.

Izuna

Banned
Lmao, I asked my GF very nicely if I could play TF DLC. She knows how much I oive it, and likes that I am playing a "better game". But I can't fucking DL the DLC. Lmao.

Why does every DLC update come with awful bugs.

:(

Lmao, I asked my GF very nicely if I could play TF DLC. She knows how much I oive it, and likes that I am playing a "better game". But I can't fucking DL the DLC. Lmao.

Why does every DLC update come with awful bugs.

:(

Season pass too? I don't know why it's always bugged for season pass users. It's been that way since GoW3 which is crazy.

Obscured

Need people to play titanfall with! add me GT: AB x Killer

Been stuck on Destiny, damn this grind (but I actually like that part as well). I've got you on my list so once I jump back in I'll hit you up.

Glad to hear others were having the same problem as me with the new DLC not being available as part if the season pass, but sad to see the issue at all. At least it will get fixed soon.

Too many games!

tauke

Downloading now on PC. Been a while since I last touch Titanfall and here's hoping there is enough players for SEA server.

Edit: Guess it is truly dead for SEA server. Not a single soul for IMC Rising. Time to search for regular Attrition match.
Edit 2: Lol I hate going against stacked group. Only take me to see the next round countdown and see the team shuffling.. well doesn't do anything. Will try IMC Rising with the PC brehs here later. Better to be in group than going solo in Titanfall on PC.

Montresor

I know this makes me sound horrible, but no achievements means I won't even bother with this pack, even though I bought the season pass. It was a mentally exhausting grind to get to gen 10 and I'm more than happy to retire this game for good. I put in between 140 to 160 hours already into this game. I absolutely loved it, but I am more than happy to move onto other stuff in my backlog.

Also, either way, the store is glitched and won't even let me download the new DLC via season pass.

Montresor

Still can't download the map pack. Rayme!?!

What I've done in the past is:

1) Call Support
2) Support does a check of your purchase history and sees that you own the season pass
3) While on the phone, you pay money for the season pass content that you are trying, but failing, to download free of charge
4) Right after you pay money and start downloading the season pass content, your account is refunded by the Support agent on the spot, during the same telephone call

I did this for Wolf Among Us, did this for Gears of War 3, and did this for Max Payne 3. Never got any resistance.

Montresor

Well... like I said I am not going to bother with playing this pack (likely). But I'm at work on an 11pm-7am shift and my manager suddenly said not to bother with any testing because of a software problem. So I have nothing to do lol.

I'll go ahead and call Support (and start a chat if I have to) to try to get the season pass content (rightfully) for free. I'll let you know if I get any resistance and just how long it takes.

Guys, they forgot to load the other plays for Last Titan Standing, oh wait.
HXpPIA8l.jpg

Even when it tries to be balanced, it's still awful. Not, Pilot Skirmish awful, but like LTS with less tryhard but just as boring.

Yudoken

I can't even get pass the loading screen with the newest pc update even without the no intro settings.
The loading game circle on the right keeps stuttering circeling.

Edit:
I 'fixed' the problem by disabling origin in-game.
Now I understand all the hate Origin got in the past few years.
This is ridiculously stupid.

No new achievements?
There are 12 new achievements, 4 for each map. They have the usual ones like win a match on this map, play all game modes on this map and 2 other map specific ones. I can't find a link to them but when I look at my Titanfall achievement list I see 1600 gamerscore. Can't wait to get out of work today and play some new maps over the weekend.

GT is Zombie Lyle if anyone is up for some IMC Rising variety pack or Wingman LTS.

Izuna

Banned
There are 12 new achievements, 4 for each map. They have the usual ones like win a match on this map, play all game modes on this map and 2 other map specific ones. I can't find a link to them but when I look at my Titanfall achievement list I see 1600 gamerscore. Can't wait to get out of work today and play some new maps over the weekend.

GT is Zombie Lyle if anyone is up for some IMC Rising variety pack or Wingman LTS.

Ugh. All maps again.

The first map pack it took me so long to get LTS on War Games to show up but the second map pack was very fast for me to get the game mode achievements. Pure luck although I got the 15 titan burn card kills in one match on Haven CTF. 16 titan kills in 1 game, everyone except for 1 guy on my team had 0 titan kills.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So, I've hit that point where I don't know what to do.

I still like Titanfall a lot. But I'm playing Destiny and Sunset Overdrive and Halo:MCC are coming out in the next few weeks.

Don't know if I should pull the 9.99 trigger or not. Not much money so I probably will, but part of me thinks I should wait until Jan/Feb and see how things shake out. i.e. am I hopelessly addicted to another game and/or did everyone jump to Halo/CoD/Destiny and there isn't anyone left playing on the Bone.

Mechazawa

I still like Titanfall a lot. But I'm playing Destiny and Sunset Overdrive and Halo:MCC are coming out in the next few weeks.

Don't know if I should pull the 9.99 trigger or not. Not much money so I probably will, but part of me thinks I should wait until Jan/Feb and see how things shake out. i.e. am I hopelessly addicted to another game and/or did everyone jump to Halo/CoD/Destiny and there isn't anyone left playing on the Bone.

I mean, if you have any interest in the map pack at all, you should get it now because that's when there'll be the largest surge of players in the map pack specific playlists and like you said, other games are going to start stealing it's thunder.

Granted, this hinges on you being content on playing the maps a bunch right now and getting your moneys worth that way rather than a thereotical long term value. Or even being capable of playing the maps, since you said you might be too invested with Destiny at the moment.

Not trolling Titanfall, but I don't think anyone will be playing this game next year.

Destiny
CoD 2014
Halo MCC

These will eat most of the population.

I'm not sure where you're starting point is with the game. Are you just asking about buying this one map pack? Have you bought the others?

Not trolling Titanfall, but I don't think anyone will be playing this game next year.

Destiny
CoD 2014
Halo MCC

These will eat most of the population.

It's a bit hyperbolic to say "no one". I think Titanfall's brand of gameplay is unique enough to carry a player population for a while. Also, you seem to be forgetting this game is continuing to sell, and that will accelerate each time the game hits a new low price. Then we're gonna see it added to EA access at some point next year, and the player base will surge again. You'll still be able to play this game on XB1 throughout 2015.

Obscured

I'm right there with you and those are my same must haves. I fully intend to get back to Titanfall and finally was able to download the newest maps (I have the season pass), but while typically I don't have a problem jumping between games right now I am just stuck on Destiny. MCC is really going to pull me in as well I already know.

It's a bit hyperbolic to say "no one". I think Titanfall's brand of gameplay is unique enough to carry a player population for a while. Also, you seem to be forgetting this game is continuing to sell, and that will accelerate each time the game hits a new low price. Then we're gonna see it added to EA access at some point next year, and the player base will surge again. You'll still be able to play this game on XB1 throughout 2015.

I would agree with this. For me it definitely scratches a different itch and the movement is something I miss with other titles now. The other part of this is I am reaching a point where it is becoming difficult for me to go into MP without a team (and I'm not a fan of free for all), it is just so much better than randoms (although mercenary playlists in games seem a decent way to deal with that, something that I don't see enough).

Killer

Banned
Been stuck on Destiny, damn this grind (but I actually like that part as well). I've got you on my list so once I jump back in I'll hit you up.

Glad to hear others were having the same problem as me with the new DLC not being available as part if the season pass, but sad to see the issue at all. At least it will get fixed soon.

Too many games!

Added! I wanna take a break from Destiny grind fest. I'll be on tonight.

Montresor

Rayme, or anyone else from Respawn, please see this messed up glitch. =(

KYGkN4B.jpg

I've played at least one match in Attrition, Hardpoint, CTF, Pilot Hunter, and LTS, and still no achievement. The counter says I only completed it 80%.

Izuna

Banned
Rayme, or anyone else from Respawn, please see this messed up glitch. =(

KYGkN4B.jpg

I've played at least one match in Attrition, Hardpoint, CTF, Pilot Hunter, and LTS, and still no achievement. The counter says I only completed it 80%.

I think you need to play Mark For Death now.

Anyway these Achievements, besides play all modes, are kinda fun. Game is so good in comparison to Destiny lmao

But for some reason Destiny's Dailies have managed to keep me playing them... Damnit.

Montresor

I think you need to play Mark For Death now.

Anyway these Achievements, besides play all modes, are kinda fun. Game is so good in comparison to Destiny lmao

But for some reason Destiny's Dailies have managed to keep me playing them... Damnit.

I hope you're right. But I thought Marked for Death wasn't counted for those achievements. I'll try that out.

edit: Playing another CTF match on Zone 18 resolved that issue. *phew*

Izuna

Banned
Titanfall is so fucking good right now.

I hope that Respawn rep still goes to this thread, I know my praise doesn't mean much, but I hope Titanfall 2 is a thing and you guys deserve a huge budget for it. The 792p and performance looks and feels brilliant.

I hope that Respawn rep still goes to this thread, I know my praise doesn't mean much, but I hope Titanfall 2 is a thing and you guys deserve a huge budget for it. The 792p and performance looks and feels brilliant.

Yeah, I returned to the game the past few days and all the improvements in recent months are certainly noticeable.

I'm not sure where you're starting point is with the game. Are you just asking about buying this one map pack? Have you bought the others?

I'll agree that my language was too strong. I should have said something like "significantly less" people will be playing.

tauke

Finally got the chance to play the maps on West US and my ping (350+) is not the greatest so was whooped up pretty badly.

The new maps is pretty open and that means pilots who are out in the open is just mince meat for any Titans (which I learn the hard way).

Sadly I think the PC population are getting lesser. Well I do play solo just now but to be against stacked team again is not fun. 4 rounds later and still against the same stacked team while some players come and go for my team. Can't do anything except to continue playing while getting teased with bad ping and being Gen 10 lol.

Edit: To anyone from Respawn, any updates on implementing Nvidia GameWorks in future update? Although I do know it is the least priority at this moment but the game visual can benefit from some form of ambient occlusion.

I'm loving these new maps. Respawn are full of top tier map making talent. I don't think this game has a bad one.

I'm curious to hear the announcement they mentioned is coming soon.

tauke

I'm loving these new maps. Respawn are full of top tier map making talent. I don't think this game has a bad one.

I'm curious to hear the announcement they mentioned is coming soon.

The new map is awesome but I do wish matchmaking can be improve on PC though. Like say when against a stacked team twice in a row with other solo players, just kick them out and put them in another lobby.

I prefer to play 2 vs 2 as long as all the players are solo. As long there is no form of indicator for other players to see who is in a team, I'll probably play at most 20 mins of Titanfall since losing non stop is not my idea of fun. Better for me to play CS: GO or DOTA 2 if I need to have a better experience.

There are a few of us lurking here at GAF. We don't always post very much, but rest assured we still read everything. Thanks for the kind words by the way. :) There's still more stuff coming, hope you all enjoy what's next!

tauke

//ARCANUM

Anyone having trouble getting titanfall to update? It tells me there was a problem updating and it never works. I've hard reset, reset modem/router, etc. Everything else on xbox one works perfectly. Playing destiny right now....

Edit - update - I'm now downloading a game from Xbox live store just fine. so this is just me having the TITANFALL update issue? No one else is having any issues?

The new map is awesome but I do wish matchmaking can be improve on PC though. Like say when against a stacked team twice in a row with other solo players, just kick them out and put them in another lobby.

I prefer to play 2 vs 2 as long as all the players are solo. As long there is no form of indicator for other players to see who is in a team, I'll probably play at most 20 mins of Titanfall since losing non stop is not my idea of fun. Better for me to play CS: GO or DOTA 2 if I need to have a better experience.

Whoo. I'm back. Video forthcoming.

Anytime the teams are stacked these days, it's almost always because a bunch of gen10s are partied up with each other. I also just realize that I totally failed to invite you to my games earlier. What region do you live in?

Also, am I crazy or are the new maps really good looking?

tauke

Whoo. I'm back. Video forthcoming.

Anytime the teams are stacked these days, it's almost always because a bunch of gen10s are partied up with each other. I also just realize that I totally failed to invite you to my games earlier. What region do you live in?

Also, am I crazy or are the new maps really good looking?

I live in SEA region (although not the fastest and best ping around which the honour goes to Singapore).

Just let me know when you're up for a game later. I'm just trying to brush up my rusty skills in Titanfall.

6RXB44I.png

Anyway with Update 7, I'm experiencing this odd lag even though it is solid 60FPS. The usual frame rate drop randomly (feels like 20-40FPS) but both EVGA Precison X and the in game FPS counter says otherwise.

Since the lag affects me badly, I decided to use Smart Pistol... and carry the team. Suddenly Titanfall is not feeling as smooth as CS GO which I ranked as the most fluid Source Engine game for me.

I live in SEA region (although not the fastest and best ping around which the honour goes to Singapore).

Just let me know when you're up for a game later. I'm just trying to brush up my rusty skills in Titanfall.

6RXB44I.png

Anyway with Update 7, I'm experiencing this odd lag even though it is solid 60FPS. The usual frame rate drop randomly (feels like 20-40FPS) but both EVGA Precison X and the in game FPS counter says otherwise.

Since the lag affects me badly, I decided to use Smart Pistol... and carry the team. Suddenly Titanfall is not feeling as smooth as CS GO which I ranked as the most fluid Source Engine game for me.
I'm on the US west coast, so things might be a little futzy. And, I have been experiencing a bit more lag / rubberbanding than before.

Also, I just noticed that in the IMG Rising trailer there is motion blur, and it makes the game look so very nice.

Respawn, where is my motion blur option!

tauke

I'm on the US west coast, so things might be a little futzy. And, I have been experiencing a bit more lag / rubberbanding than before.

Also, I just noticed that in the IMG Rising trailer there is motion blur, and it makes the game look so very nice.

Respawn, where is my motion blur option!

Update 7 performs more worse for me compared to Update 6 which is awesome (at least it is really steady 60FPS most of the time). Now I just experience frame drop although EVGA Precision X and the in game FPS counter says 60...

Well I used to play at US West when the population drop really bad in SEA and I'm ok if the ping average 300ms provided it is not CTF or Pilot Hunter haha. Those mode is brutal for me with the high ping.

Again I wish there is motion blur, HBAO+ and TXAA implement in future update (or future Titanfall sequel).

Edit: Titanfall just instant crash on me after the round ends lol. This update is pretty buggy IMHO.

blakep267

I was never a fan of last Titan standing but I'm absolutely loving wingman lts. LTD was just too chaotic. It works much better with less titans. At launch this or a 3v3 version should've been included instead of normal LTS

Top Bottom