• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

tauke

I don't think any of the matchmaking fixes for TU6 are working for off-peak hours with a party of 6 on Xbox One. Finding a game can take up to 30 minutes or longer. The struggle to find a match in off-peak hours is real.

Sometimes what I do if I want to play in a party of at least 5 is to leave the party, wait for their message that they manage to find a lobby with some players and just as the countdown reaches 10, quickly join the party again.

I do see many new Gen 1 players but I believe most of them are on Origin Game Time.

Been playing Attrition to unlock more attachments, and enjoying that mode a lot more than before. Really should've played more on release.

Rayme

I don't think any of the matchmaking fixes for TU6 are working for off-peak hours with a party of 6 on Xbox One. Finding a game can take up to 30 minutes or longer. The struggle to find a match in off-peak hours is real.

Do you mind giving more details, here or PM? It shouldn't be like that, and we'd like to figure out what happened to you guys.

Where in the world are you? What time of day was it there?

What playlists were you trying?

Did anything happen at all, in that half hour? Were people coming in and leaving, or did you see nobody at all (outside of your 6), etc?

Ji66a-Man

Do you mind giving more details, here or PM? It shouldn't be like that, and we'd like to figure out what happened to you guys.

Where in the world are you? What time of day was it there?

What playlists were you trying?

Did anything happen at all, in that half hour? Were people coming in and leaving, or did you see nobody at all (outside of your 6), etc?

Where in the world are you? US West
What time of day was it there? 1am
What playlists were you trying? Marked for Death, Attrition, Variety Pack, Campaign, Pilot Skirmish
Did anything happen at all, in that half hour? Either no players joined on the other team, or 1~3 joined and the match never started after a 1~3 minutes. When our group couldn't find a match in any of the listed modes, we would change party leader and data centers. We went through 4 US data centers repeating the same process of finding a match in the listed game modes.

p3tran

Banned
so, yesterday we teamed up with 2 guys from the old-school gang to try pilot skirmish.
team of 3 gen10s. we played 10 minutes attrition for warm-up, then entered the 8v8 arena.

first game, we entered a game in progress that must have started as a 1 vs 1 or something.
anyway, until the end of that match the list was populated, and never again a thing.

gameplay-wise: we said we'd play for an hour tops, we ended up going "wut?!" when time was almost 4am.
especially one of my friends, who has a constant hard-on for the good cod games, he was impressed the most. "new horizons have opened" was the kind of statements he made :)
we all enjoy this mode. yes, most arenas seem too big for only 16 people, and kind of wasteland without all the various grunts running around etc, and of course if a player is not comfortable with titanfall mechanics, it can take him a whole lot of time just to get from point a to point b, only scouting for opponents.
but for skilled players, I think this mode will be mucho enjoyable 8)
we had some very good matches yesterday, really enjoyed ourselves.

I would like to see silky smooth performance from title update 6 though, and we still are not quite there, ehem Rayme ;)

Jito

Banned
Woop finally unbanned!

Matchmaking still seems broken on PC, spent ages sat searching for games yesterday evening on EU West and just gave up because it was taking so long.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
IMC Rising : Blackwater

Backwater2.jpg

Backwater4.jpg

Backwater5.jpg

Jito

Banned
Lol Teams don't shuffle at the 10 second countdown either, or they just didn't in the lobby I'm in, now stuck on a team with 5 gen 1's.

Edit: Haha oh shit, lost connection to the game on the loading screen whilst I was typing this, quality stuff.

New map looks great, shame no one will be playing them.

tauke

Lol Teams don't shuffle at the 10 second countdown either, or they just didn't in the lobby I'm in, now stuck on a team with 5 gen 1's.

Edit: Haha oh shit, lost connection to the game on the loading screen whilst I was typing this, quality stuff.

New map looks great, shame no one will be playing them.

This is why I wish there is an indication if anyone is in a party (I'm referring to people outside of your party). I share the same frustration as you when I got paired with the same Gen 1 players for the next round and obviously the opposite team is in a party.

Fake edit:

Backwater3.jpg

As someone who've been to a rice plantation factory, the look of the rice seems off--

Selling map packs which break up player base is something which really needs to change this generation, not because I don't want to pay but for a game like titanfall it thins the users out way too much.

I've noticed better matchmaking. i'm increasingly getting more gen 10s in rooms, teams are balancing out somewhat better (still not that great), and the new maps have been thrown into rotation and i have played in them a good amount.

overall it's a decent update. now only if 8v8 didn't have active radar and camo. Shouldve been a hardcore competitive setting RESPAWN, FUck.

tauke

I've noticed better matchmaking. i'm increasingly getting more gen 10s in rooms, teams are balancing out somewhat better (still not that great), and the new maps have been thrown into rotation and i have played in them a good amount.

overall it's a decent update. now only if 8v8 didn't have active radar and camo. Shouldve been a hardcore competitive setting RESPAWN, FUck.

That and any burn card related to it like Map Hack and Satellite Uplink is too much as a party with voice chat can assign someone to be the intel guy to inform the whereabouts of other players.

That and any burn card related to it like Map Hack and Satellite Uplink is too much as a party with voice chat can assign someone to be the intel guy to inform the whereabouts of other players.

yah i didn't even think of that considering i play solo 95% of the time. terrible.

Alx

I just tried the last update yesterday... I'm probably biased since I didn't expect to like it, but the skirmish mode isn't for me, it just got tedious after a few minutes of running around-kill-be killed-rinse-repeat. I got the same feelings I get in every other shooter, it's not really exciting. I can understand that's what some people like in those games though, so it's good they have this option. As for myself I'll stay on Attrition and Marked for Death.

I don't know if it's because of the update, but I had several small issues with the game yesterday. At the beginning of each match the game would freeze for two seconds at the character select screen, I got disconnected once, had a temporary server loss in a game, and it even crashed once.

tauke

Honestly, this 8v8 mode is so terrible, it has taught me to never even try the new CoD.

I feel like playing 2 vs 1 at the start of the match and slowly build up to 6 vs 6 at max by end of the match.

Maybe with some gameplay tweaks especially for this mode, it should be a good mode to practice parkour. This is like the only mode where I see lots of player attempt to wall hang compared to other playlist.

Still the PC population is what concern me the most. So many matches only have at most 4 vs 4 players by end game despite the new matchmaking system.

Jinaar

8v8 is Helmock/Sniper paradise now. And if you are like me getting on teams that are unbalanced, aka I'm on the awful side, you become a human pinata, shot from all directions and elevations. It's only fun when the teams are actually balanced.

Games should NEVER run imbalanced. If it is 7v7, and another person joins, that person should be forced to wait till another person joins to make it 8v8. Today it was 7v5 and 6v3, not fun at all.

Disappointed on the 8v8. Traded in towards destiny. Hopefully the next one is on PS4 and better thought out and not handled by Bluepoint.

Was fun for a while though

HelloMeow

Games should NEVER run imbalanced. If it is 7v7, and another person joins, that person should be forced to wait till another person joins to make it 8v8. Today it was 7v5 and 6v3, not fun at all.

A spawn queue would be ideal for that. When it's 4 v 6, for example, only 4 people on each team are allowed to be alive at one time. When someone dies he has to wait while another player respawns.

E92 M3

Respawn - how hard do I have to beg to get a Mercenary Variety playlist? I tend to play alone these days and it would be great not having to face parties.

Can anyone confirm if they fixed that swampland achievement?

Also did they modify the "get to the ship" end game music? It sounds way cooler now to me but I'm not sure..

Jito

Banned
What's the deal with "server shutting down"? Just had it right after a match finished, sucks not being able to stay in lobbies any more.

Edit: Followed up by a hard crash the match after, latest update seems to have fucked something up for me, getting static noises, shit matchmaking still and now crashes.

Bydobob

What's the deal with "server shutting down"? Just had it right after a match finished, sucks not being able to stay in lobbies any more.

Edit: Followed up by a hard crash the match after, latest update seems to have fucked something up for me, getting static noises, shit matchmaking still and now crashes.

I keep getting disconnected from lobbies since the update too. It follows a familiar pattern, I'll mess around with my burn cards, return to the lobby and get disconnected. Sometimes I get disconnected immediately after the game at the scoreboard. West euro server.

I was crashing lots too until I reverted back to the old Nvidia drivers (335). Seems to have cured that particular problem.

Just started playing this again on Xbox One. Looking for a few people to play with. My gamertag is Zombie Lyle if anyone is interested in a game.

Alx

Has there been a drop in online activity lately ? I intend to go back to Titanfall quite soon (I'm not playing Destiny, but I've been trying Warframe those last days... I wish it could have the parkour quality of TF)

Jito

Banned
There's been an ongoing drop in PC activity, not too sure about Xbox but I imagine there must be one thanks to Destiny. Sad to say Titanfall will be on its last legs after the final map pack, hard to compete with a ton of new games coming out soon.

Alx

hopefully there will be a flow of newcomers, and people going back to it. I know I intend to continue playing it at least from time to time, since it has a unique (and excessively fun) gameplay that can't be found anywhere else. It's not like any other shooter can scratch that itch.

kekke

Banned
hopefully there will be a flow of newcomers, and people going back to it. I know I intend to continue playing it at least from time to time, since it has a unique (and excessively fun) gameplay that can't be found anywhere else. It's not like any other shooter can scratch that itch.
Yeah, and after playing Destiny Pvp, it just doesn't feel that special after spending tons of time playing Titanfall. So at least after I have burned myself out on grinding in PvE, I'm gonna go back time to time on Titanfall. I'm pretty sure CoD:AW and MCC will steal some of my playtime, but this is the MP game I've been waiting since Black ops.

Special C

I'm loving the crap out of Warframe, but man the Parkour in that game makes me very very sad. I feel like for the rest of my life I'm going to be comparing every game's movement to Titanfall.

Jito

Banned

That matchmaking update has really helped out. Wonder why I ever stopped playing?

Edit: Lol just joined a game and got spawn killed by an amped smart pistol before I could move then spawned right by him again.

"Lost connection to server" ends a short night on Titanfall.

tauke

That matchmaking update has really helped out. Wonder why I ever stopped playing?

Edit: Lol just joined a game and got spawn killed by an amped smart pistol before I could move then spawned right by him again.

"Lost connection to server" ends a short night on Titanfall.

That's one of the reason I stop playing Titanfall temporarily and play some Dota 2 and CS GO. The matchmaking in those two games are much better and faster.

The low population on PC for Titanfall really hurt the matchmaking.

Still I respect Respawn for one feature that I really missed out after playing some rounds of CS GO. The audio feedback when you are damaging an enemy and vice versa.

It is a huge help when knowing you actually hit the enemy and kill them. Really hate it in CS GO where you don't even know you kill the enemy due to lack of audio feedback and no killcam is annoying when you get shot out of nowhere.

Also the WIP screenshot reminds me so much of Half Life. Can't for the last DLC for the temporary increase of player population.

Jito

Banned
I get disconnected from lobbies like every 3 games now, can't seem to stay in a lobby any longer.

Got one game in that last lobby, then suddenly "server disconnected". Can anyone at Respawn explain this?

Sad playing again teams of Gen 10s all using smart pistol, ruins the game and should be removed before this game dries up.

Oh yeh and again matchmaking on a saturday afternoon can't get a full game...

Found others with the same issue, now I know this is an actual issue. http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/2g8x8d/every_two_games_guaranteed_lost_connection/

SpyGuy239

I wish the matchmaking in this game was at least close to Battlefield's one. The current one really blows. I hope they improve it somehow. It shouldn't take me so long to find a game in most of the modes.

Still pissed about wasting my money on this.

Izuna

Banned
Titanfall died to me because of the Matchmaking, which is a shame.

It is still a lovely game, and if they had an AI Titan hoard mode like they had in the tutorial I would be playing it over and over.

I'm sorry that Respawn is having these issues really =( perhaps Azure isn't easy to set up correctly.

Top Bottom