• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, Destiny-GAF is in mourning. The best of us is gone.

EBreda

I nevee knew him and damn it doesn't matter at all.
When someone this celebrated passes away unfairly and early in life I just can not bring myself not to go sad.

I guess we can only wish to leave that same kind of mark on people around us. That's our true legacy and I'm glad Drizz achieved it in spades.

Rip.

I remember the legend that was Dr Drizzay. I've lurked in the dgaf thread since it's creation and he was a selfless sherpa in the flawless raids, Skolas and PoE, and the Black Spindle runs. Praying for his bride and family in their loss as DGaf mourns a true legend.

Did not know the person, but it always saddens me when a young man looses his life. May his soul rest in peace and my sincere condolences to his family.

Cutebrute

I'm not a part of DGAF, but this is really hitting me hard. 33 is so young, and I wish all of his friends and family the best in such difficult times.

I'm struggling to find the right words to use now, but there are so many users that make GAF a special place, and I have to say that I am so thankful to all of these people who make our communities thrive and make this site one of the best places on the internet. People like Drizzay make up the heart and soul of GAF, and he will never be forgotten for his kindness, contributions, and love to his friends and community. RIP DrDrizzay, and thank you.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Drizzay's brother responded to me, linked him to this thread via text messaging

"Thank you so much. I saw the thread and the comments. That was so him. Always putting others first. Always has time to help."

Stiler

There's no words that can properly convey the sadness of someone who passes way too young who was so important and loved by many people.

RIP, my thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

Dalek

Again I think this needs to be said-he was not only an expert at the game, but he was willing to help ANYONE without a shred of arrogance. You'd never know from his tone how awesome he was at the game. He was kind to anyone-and that's one of the reasons I love GAF. The community is just amazing and it's because of people like him.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Even though my Destiny days are over, for now, I had so much great fun with the community and this is very sad to hear.

My heart goes out to the family, friends and community.

Guardian Down.

Flat out carried me to my only flawless lighthouse. Was very patient and friendly the entire time, even though I was basically a total stranger, and not very good at PVP.

33 is too damn you. May you rest in peace.

Very sad. Never spoke to the guy because I've never been a part of Destiny GAF, but this is a shame. I feel like I've seen his avatar on the board before.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Quoted from the OT:

Oh my god. This is horrific. Drizz was one of the nicest and most caring and helpful guys I've ever had the pleasure to play with. His advice helped me become a better Trials player and better at pvp overall. My second Mercury run was with him. He always strove to help me improve rather than just be carried. Seemed like a genuinely good hearted person which makes this heartbreaking. My thoughts are with his family and all of you guys who are also like family here. I'll miss his commentary hugely. He had a big positive impact on my life and I will never forget him. Looking at my friends list is going to make me cry next time I log in I think. Love you guys even though I don't know you that well. This community is beautiful.

Rest easy, Drizz. 😢

RIP Drizzay. We only played together a couple times, but I'll never forget getting carried through Skolas or getting that final push through KF. Destiny's was a better community for you having been there, and I know that community and I will always remember you.

Makikou

RIP

Never got to play with him but I always saw him in the OT's.

Too young to go and it's a sad day for all Guardians out there.

Oh damn...
I actually met Drizzay randomly through LFG back in year 1 and saw he had a DGAF clan. We were trying to go flawless and he was just a joy to play with. RIP

BLCKATK

Rest in peace. What a great guy.

I only had the opportunity to play with Drizzay a few times, mostly Iron Banner, but I also had the excellent opportunity of having him be apart of my first Oryx Challenge Mode kill. It was super casual but very awesome, and I remember playing with him and feeling like I was playing with a celebrity or something. The guy was just that well liked. It's tough hearing that he's gone.

amar212

Three years ago I lost a great member of GT community.

Today I say farewell to one humble yet amazing human in the Destiny community.

May our prayers ease you the path to eternal light Driz.

Your DrDrizzay101 will forever stay on my friends list.

May your soul rest in peace. Condolances to your beloved ones. I hope the future will bring them love and happiness and rememberance of you.

This is terrible news. I've always felt Destiny has lasted me this long thanks to its wonderful GAF community, and Drizz was one of its biggest pillars: always willing to help and being a chill dude.

Despite the reality of the situation, it's almost like I refuse to believe he can be gone.

Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Drizzay

eFKac

Very helpful and nice guy.

Was the sherpa during my first Vault of Glass, he will not be forgotten.

RIP Drizzay.

Kal_El

You were ever present on my friends list. OG Guardian. I've joined you on a few random events, strikes crucible etc.

My fondest memory was playing against you randomly and me telling my friends "Watch out for Drizzy" you proceeded to drop a 2.5+ k/d. I felt like I was special because I knew you. Fights over for now Guardian. We got it from here. Thanks for the training. We'll take it from here.

Hard to believe the news. He's been with the community through and through from the very start. Countless of flawless runs, helping out with raids, late night PVP games and offered a helping hand whenever possible.

RIP Drizz

Top Bottom