• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

axb2013

asda07kyy.jpg

I guess I'm just not a DZ kind of guy.

So I guess I wasted 200k DZ credits on this firearms gear mod BP. I thought being level 32 versus the 30's I was wearing would make a big difference, not really. I was also hoping to roll some with XP bonus to make DZ leveling faster, no such luck. Oh well, by the time I hit 75 I will have 300k or so again.

I did get an Enhanced AUG to drop in the DZ yesterday. I lose some critical damage but gain armor destruction. IIRC it has Accurate, Destructive, and Vicious. The DPS stayed exactly the same but it burns through enemy armor now.

theWB27

You must avoid pvp like the plague. I'm a much lower Dz level than you and i have 80 rogue kills.

Was playing with someone who has 5 rogue kills. He just doesn't like to hunt. When rogues popped on the screen I could hear in his voice how much he'd rather go kill a boss for another 163 level striker vest.

Finally gotten to a point where I'm pretty consistently beating the Incursion on hard (so long as everyone sticks to the Survivor Link strategy of popping one on the run to diffuse the bomb and one immediately after disabling one of the turrets) and wondering just how much more brutal it is in Challenging mode. Is the strategy still the same, just with more intense enemies? Aka stay down in the middle, be wary of shotgun waves, two players survivor link the bomb runs? Or does it require additional coordination beyond just that necessary for taking down tough enemies? Would love to get some chances at the Striker gear that doesn't drop on hard mode.

Ultimately I'm aiming for a 4 x Striker + 2 x Sentry's Call gear set.

Beat Incursion again, got a striker holster I think, and a tactician backpack. Barely cracking 190k DPS now, but my health dropped down to 58k :\

Also put me at gear score 188 IIRC, so I have been in the 161+ DZ most of the day. People there seem to be more chill than the other DZ? I guess the tryhards who wanna grief mostly nerf their own gear and drop down? Or maybe I just had a lucky time.

Maximus P

Fuck me the DZ has been painful tonight.

183k DPS Aug with explosive rounds and signature both triggered and I might as well be blowing fresh air in the rogues faces.

At the same time I have 60% armour, with 80k health and I'm getting insta killed. I've got full nomad set too and some guy just ganked me in seconds even with the 100% health regen.

I have no idea what kind of set up alot of these guys are packing.

And to kick a guy in the balls while he's down I must have picked up 300+ HE items and not one of them has been anything more than 163gs.

Are 204gs even available in the DZ? I beggining to think they don't exist.

So yeah that visuals setting? Definitely does improve how the game looks. It does make the game a lot darker though. Guess that's what those Reddit people meant, it wasn't exactly the draw distance that got shorter, it's just that it's a lot darker.

EDIT: No dailies again I think.

Archpath1

I finally beat Falcon Lost on challenge mode the other day, came away with some 240 Striker knee-pads that I'm super happy with. Now that I've got an optimal strategy for how to run it, I'd be down for some PC gaming tonight after the reset.

Bullet points to success on cm?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Bullet points to success on cm?

Nobody below 60% mitigation and 85kish HP.
Everybody with good weapons.
First wave kill up top
Use survivor link to get to pit
Extended mobile cover on left side of pit
Shoot all the things and bait APC bombs away from mobile cover

Never had success with anybody below 205GS

Everybody uses the talents that extend healing to those around them and the one that grants mitigation after using a medkit.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
As someone that doesn't care for the dark zone, these near constant missing dailies starting to get on my nerves, hard enough as is to get enough PxC to upgrade gear.

Geneijin

Anybody on PS4 interested in doing the Incursion on Challenge Mode right now? Need one more.

PSN kopyasu

Edit: Found somebody.

EL CUCO

First Challenge mode Incursion clear. Got an amazing 3 stat 240 Sentry Holster I've been needing so I can wear my OP Reckless vest now, without losing the 4pc bonus.
Team WIPE represent!

vivftp

I sit here in a checkpoint. A server swarming with rogues, one of whom I killed a couple minutes ago as he tried to jump me. I hear explosions and gunshots just outside the door. I stare at my newly picked up Vest of the Nomad wondering if I'll actually be able to extract it safely...

I think it's time to go take a break and hope the rogues move on :)

Incidentally, if I were to matchmake for the DZ while holding on to loot, do I lose the loot? If I switch servers during matchmaking, what happens?

EDIT.

Oh sweet Jebus, a manhunt 36 meters outside the door, lol

Wolfe

@Ruthless: Apologies for earlier dude, game froze up while I was connecting to you after that invite and at that point I just said fuck it and went to go make something to eat before getting ready for work. Don't want you to think you can't invite me lol.

So yeah that visuals setting? Definitely does improve how the game looks. It does make the game a lot darker though. Guess that's what those Reddit people meant, it wasn't exactly the draw distance that got shorter, it's just that it's a lot darker.

Yeah that's likely what they meant by draw distance shortening as I've seen no such thing during my time using Neutral lighting. A few of us were talking it up back after the patch dropped and someone noticed the new setting, definitely increased my enjoyment of the game visually and it's fun being able to feel like it's actually night in the game.

Edit:
if I were to matchmake for the DZ while holding on to loot, do I lose the loot? If I switch servers during matchmaking, what happens?

No worries you'll still have your stuff since you'll still be inside the DZ.

vivftp

No worries you'll still have your stuff since you'll still be inside the DZ.

Oh.. ah well. Good to know, lol

I decided to make a break for it. Got to an extraction, when the chopper arrived 2 other agents showed up. I just said screw it, popped survivor link and extracted. Of course one of them went rogue on me but I got my package away. Unfortunately I wound up dying since I had already used my security link, but I got my damned vest away and that's all I care about :)

EDIT.

Decided to try on my Nomad gear.. that 43% health on a kill is suuuure tempting! Too bad it drops my DPS from 209k to 162k :(

@Ruthless: Apologies for earlier dude, game froze up while I was connecting to you after that invite and at that point I just said fuck it and went to go make something to eat before getting ready for work. Don't want you to think you can't invite me lol.

Yeah thought as much, we waited for you for about 10 minutes then went ahead...no worries.

First Challenge mode Incursion clear. Got an amazing 3 stat 240 Sentry Holster I've been needing so I can wear my OP Reckless vest now, without losing the 4pc bonus.

Team WIPE represent!

Nice job!

EL CUCO

Any tips for Challenge Mode?
-Call out the enemies, especially shotgunners and snipers.
-Always have a designated survival link ready incase you need one for a shotgun wave
-I recommend one person to be high skill build so he can pop a strong pulse to help clear enemies (mainly shotgunners) quicker.
-Have atleast 2 flash stickies in the team for drones or emergency shotgunners.
-teamshot shotgunners.

Oh, have I mentioned shotgunners? :p

We cleared the first couple waves from the starting room then ran down to the pit and basically spent the rest of our time there. Lots of communication, coordinating sigs, and team shooting properly definitely helped us weather the tougher waves.

You should always have atleast 1 sig ready when planting. On the final wave I recommend having atleast 3 lol its such a cluster duck that it's just a matter of clearing some sort of a path, and chain survival link all the way through.
Nice job!

aku:jiki

183k DPS Aug with explosive rounds and signature both triggered and I might as well be blowing fresh air in the rogues faces.
I don't understand exactly how this happens, can anyone enlighten me? I found some rogues yesterday that weren't even bothered by my M44 explosive rounds, like they lost 2-3 pixels of health per shot. How the hell is that possible? Even with 65% mitigation and really high HP (which is like 100k-120k right now as far as I know), I should still be making at least a noticeable dent in their HP, not tickling them with puffs of air.

I would call hacks since I'm on PC but I'm under the impression that they actually can't alter their HP/armor, and I don't like to presume hacks every team I get beaten anyway, but I can't figure out how this happens...

I hope so, farming DZ is getting stale.
Agreed, but as an alternative to reworking the entire open world, they could just put a modicum of effort into fixing the DZ... Why are the Koreatown, Scaffolding and Gas Station landmarks still broken nearly 2 months out? Their NPC spawning functionality obviously works everywhere else, just cut and paste the code or something, I don't know how it works!

They could also finally look at tweaking the risk/reward balance to spread people out so we're not all rushing the same 5 landmarks over and over. Raise the XP/cash/GS drop levels in DZ04-06 already, so it actually makes sense to go there.

blacklotus

Is there any way to have an idea what outcome can rolling a mod has?
Like a calculator or something?

Having a hard time figuring what to buy at BoO special vendor.

Yeah that's likely what they meant by draw distance shortening as I've seen no such thing during my time using Neutral lighting. A few of us were talking it up back after the patch dropped and someone noticed the new setting, definitely increased my enjoyment of the game visually and it's fun being able to feel like it's actually night in the game.

Yup, agreed I am keeping it on too. I raised my brightness a tiny bit, from 0% to 15% and the game looks great. A lot darker than before, but not too dark. I was running around the DZ last night, and for the first time I was actually going Rogue back and forth, so the visibility isn't as bad as people say.

And I say for the first time, because I am mainly a DZ solo player, and I didnt have the confidence or stats to back myself up until then. If I am running around and I see another solo player, you best believe I will engage. I have had way too many solo players stealing my loot, and I am through with it!

No more Mr. Nice Guy. LOL.

bosseye

Got my first bit of minty green Gear from the DZ last night, Strikers Gloves. Which was good because I already had (Blueprint bought) Strikers kneepads and mask, so I get the 50% critical hit change bonus for having 3 of the set.

Those gloves also pushed my primary DPS up to 200,000 now. Health 65k, skill a paltry 18k

Still only 188 GS though, still only got a single 204 gun, the rest are 182 or 163.

Also still failing repeatedly to do the Incursion. Me and some friends have tried a lot, but we just keep getting done over by the shotgun rushers on wave 4 I think. Maybe we have the wrong mix of skills, but it just seems seriously hard at the moment. Considering the recommended GS is like 160 and we're all 180-190......

Top Bottom