• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Mullah88

Awesome work. There's definitely a good feeling of achievement afterwards. Did you go through with any particular build or just the build you rock with normally. For solo CM it's a skill build for me but only attempted Lex as I know it like the back of my hand :)

So guys, I'm thinking of altering my gear set.
Currently 4 striker and 2 sentry. I'm thinking of giving 3 and 3 a try. For anyone who's played with both abit what do you prefer?
I picked up a decent third sentry piece which is why I've started to think about the change and the additional 20% elite damage sounds tempting as it's always there whereas I'd need 20 shots on target with the striker gear before I even match what a 3/3 setup would offer. For slow and big enemies (heavies and big flame thrower guys) that's easy enough but sometimes you don't always even get the stikers shooter talent active with enemies in cover or moving alot.

That's what I'm currently running, 3/3 sentry/striker and to be honest, I prefer that setup than having a 4/2 split. Now they've fixed protection from elite I can roll it back into some of my gear to mitigate the incoming damage but I'm pretty much satisfied with my build...went back to my mp5 last and it felt great again taking out 6 elites with one mag without reloading

GazzaGSi

That's what I'm currently running, 3/3 sentry/striker and to be honest, I prefer that setup than having a 4/2 split. Now they've fixed protection from elite I can roll it back into some of my gear to mitigate the incoming damage but I'm pretty much satisfied with my build...went back to my mp5 last and it felt great again taking out 6 elites with one mag without reloading

Nice! I'm going to give it a go, the +20% damage to elites is always active hit or miss so I think it's definitely worth giving it a try to see if I can see a difference.

What had you been using? I have a decent modded mp5 in my stash since buying the Aug but do miss the huge clip on the mp5, especially when up against some rogues as not reloading can be their downfall.

Maximus P

Wow... It finally happened.

A group went rouge on me and I took them all out. My full nomad set saved my bacon initially, but I managed to shock grenade them before taking 2 of them out and the other 2 I killed as they ran.

Nice to not be insta-killed for a change. This tank setup I'm running is working for me.

EL CUCO

Awesome work. There's definitely a good feeling of achievement afterwards. Did you go through with any particular build or just the build you rock with normally. For solo CM it's a skill build for me but only attempted Lex as I know it like the back of my hand :)

Currently 4 striker and 2 sentry. I'm thinking of giving 3 and 3 a try. For anyone who's played with both abit what do you prefer?
I picked up a decent third sentry piece which is why I've started to think about the change and the additional 20% elite damage sounds tempting as it's always there whereas I'd need 20 shots on target with the striker gear before I even match what a 3/3 setup would offer. For slow and big enemies (heavies and big flame thrower guys) that's easy enough but sometimes you don't always even get the stikers shooter talent active with enemies in cover or moving alot.
Thanks! It definitely felt good to complete. I remember in the first couple weeks of the game when I couldn't even make it inside the building lol

My regular build is a 4pc Sentry set but I moved some stuff around and dropped the 4th piece to squeeze a little more HP and Firearms after only making it to wave 8 in CM Incursion last night. After some tuning got my current set to about 220/90/10. Pretty standard DPS build.

Side note: seems like most of the people I had on my friends list playing this game were Density regulars. Looks like most have gone back to that. I'm definitely sticking around with The Division for the long haul as I find this game a lot of fun and challenging. If any hardcore GAF Agents need some PSN players on their FL feel free to add me EL_CUCO305. Make sure to note you're from here :)

darkwing

It's kind of a problem when you look in vendors and think "whelp, won't be playing much this week as there is nothing I want".

God I wish they would fix the loot system.

same here, nothing to do, PvP is practically non existent

hopefully next week's offering is more palatable

Mullah88

Nice! I'm going to give it a go, the +20% damage to elites is always active hit or miss so I think it's definitely worth giving it a try to see if I can see a difference.

What had you been using? I have a decent modded mp5 in my stash since buying the Aug but do miss the huge clip on the mp5, especially when up against some rogues as not reloading can be their downfall.

The vector then the 204 Aug. Yeah the +20 damage to elites is a nice addition, bumps my total to 48%, also good to have destructive on the mp5. Took my DPS down from 230 - 191 but it's worth it

Klyka

Banned
I wonder how much they will add to the DZ and if they'll add landmass to it.

Also, REALLY want to see columbus circle in all it's glory.
Columbus-Circle.jpg

I wonder if it'll be the opposite of Falcon Lost. Instead of having to fight through enemies to get to the objective (putting C4 on the APC) we will put explosives on the sam sites and have to defend them from being disarmed, like in the "napalm facility" mission with the tank. So enemies will try and go through us instead of the other way around.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder how much they will add to the DZ and if they'll add landmass to it.

Also, REALLY want to see columbus circle in all it's glory.
I wonder if it'll be the opposite of Falcon Lost. Instead of having to fight through enemies to get to the objective (putting C4 on the APC) we will put explosives on the sam sites and have to defend them from being disarmed, like in the "napalm facility" mission with the tank. So enemies will try and go through us instead of the other way around.

If you glitch to the north of the map, you can see it there. Well, it's a crappy version of it that's completely unfinished and not really to scale, but it's there.

EL CUCO

The vector then the 204 Aug. Yeah the +20 damage to elites is a nice addition, bumps my total to 48%, also good to have destructive on the mp5. Took my DPS down from 230 - 191 but it's worth it
Yeah I was messing around last night between my BOO 204 Aug and a crafted 204 Vector that has Destructive and Brutal. I feel like I was dropping enemy armor faster with Vector per burst, but the 64 clip of the Aug helps with sustained damage. Despite what the DPS sheet says, I'm still not sure which is the better way to go.

Mullah88

Yeah I was messing around last night between my BOO 204 Aug and a crafted 204 Vector that has Destructive and Brutal. I feel like I was dropping enemy armor faster with Vector per burst, but the 64 clip of the Aug helps with sustained damage. Despite what the DPS sheet says, I'm still not sure which is the better way to go.
Wait what? They Aug can get to 64 bullets per mag? Which extended mag do I need? Already have a 102% mag size

fr0st

Banned
Which is better destructive or meticulous?
I have a 204 vector with it but only having 40 bullets sucks.
I have a 183 mp5 with destructive but other talents are bad but the extra bullets are necessary IMO.

Thanks! It definitely felt good to complete. I remember in the first couple weeks of the game when I couldn't even make it inside the building lol

My regular build is a 4pc Sentry set but I moved some stuff around and dropped the 4th piece to squeeze a little more HP and Firearms after only making it to wave 8 in CM Incursion last night. After some tuning got my current set to about 220/90/10. Pretty standard DPS build.

Side note: seems like most of the people I had on my friends list playing this game were Density regulars. Looks like most have gone back to that. I'm definitely sticking around with The Division for the long haul as I find this game a lot of fun and challenging. If any hardcore GAF Agents need some PSN players on their FL feel free to add me EL_CUCO305. Make sure to note you're from here :)

I saw this post and was like "why not?", Lexington CM solo...done. It was surprisingly fairly simple.

Our builds are quite similar as well...

4 Sentry's Gear Set Pieces and 2 High-End (201 GS overall )
AUG (Primary), First Wave M1A (Secondary)

222K DPS
87K Health
15K Skill
65% Armor Mitigation
All Weapon Talents Active

...really kicking myself over a recalibration I did on a Sentry's mask a few weeks back otherwise I could have pushed the Health to about 95K, so be it. I can drop Skill to 13K and bump Health to 91K with a small modification. The fine-tuning is what I like most about character building as it's Diablo-like in that way.

And yeah, I still find this game really fun as well even with some annoyances here and there but I'm on Xbox One.

Rolled a Black Market Ak-74 with Brutal/Stable/Capable at 10.0k dmg after playing a bit last tonight and this morning. It's an improvement over my previous AK that's for sure, but man is crafting such a pain. I only had a chance at this one roll, and I'm all out of mats again :( this is what keeps me from playing more tbh.

deadduck

They should just remove dz yellow dtec or make it able to reroll a HE talent. Crafting should not be a chore.

A 0.1% chance of finding something useful and crafting are not an 'end game' mechanics. I like the game but I want to spend a day collecting yellow tec only to make 5 guns with shitty talents.

The changes 1.2 make are very important.

If Destiny had a matchmaking system like The Division, I would be inclined to play Destiny more often. I do prefer The Division overall to Destiny and also plan on sticking it out (bought the season pass). I think The Division is off to a good start and that the game will only get better over time.

Logged on to do the daily DZ assignment for some easy xp.

Ended up playing for 4 hours with random low lever players in the DZ who were getting ganked by a group of 4. One guy was DZ rank 16! 29 when I logged off, sure was a good day for him. Gave them bunch of my set drops as well cause I didn't need them.

They should just remove dz yellow dtec or make it able to reroll a HE talent. Crafting should not be a chore.

A 0.1% chance of finding something useful and crafting are not an 'end game' mechanics. I like the game but I want to spend a day collecting yellow tec only to make 5 guns with shitty talents.

The changes 1.2 make are very important.

True, i've just given up on crafting and conserving my mats till 1.2.

Still running with my m1a, m44 and mp5 that I had a month ago :)

EL CUCO

Wait what? They Aug can get to 64 bullets per mag? Which extended mag do I need? Already have a 102% mag size
Whoops. Sorry I got confused with my MP5 clip. I meant 50.
I saw this post and was like "why not?", Lexington CM solo...done. It was surprisingly fairly simple.

Our builds are quite similar as well...

4 Sentry's Gear Set Pieces and 2 High-End (201 GS overall )
AUG (Primary), First Wave M1A (Secondary)

222K DPS
87K Health
15K Skill
65% Armor Mitigation
All Weapon Talents Active

...really kicking myself over a recalibration I did on a Sentry's mask a few weeks back otherwise I could have pushed the Health to about 95K, so be it. I can drop Skill to 13K and bump Health to 91K with a small modification. The fine-tuning is what I like most about character building as it's Diablo-like in that way.

And yeah, I still find this game really fun as well even with some annoyances here and there but I'm on Xbox One.
Nice! Congrats on the solo clear. Man, I've been playing the gear game in the least efficient way possible myself. Basically whenever I wanna make a recalibration, craft, or buy something, I say screw it and do it. Even if I'm a little short on credits, they always seem to accumulate back up fairly quickly. But those one time recalibration stats have bit me in the ass a few times already. Haha
Nice and gratz.
I'm looking to do CM Lex solo as it's the one I know well.

My current stats
WP_20160430_11_30_42_Pro.jpg.html

204 Aug
BMAK
4 piece strikers and 1 tact
Thanks. Go for it! Sticky flash and overheal are your best friends.

Finally rolled an Aug with both brutal, deadly and a semi decent third talent and it decides to make the base dmg about 1k less than every other roll I've tried. Ffs Aaaaarrrrgghh :D

ch4fx_

I believe it all comes down to preference & a little bit of the placebo effect haha. I'm currently working towards the 3/3 setup -- it may do less damage at its peak, but IMO.. will put out enough damage consistently without having to worry about hitting all of your shots. On the other hand, heavies/"big flame thrower dudes" are the only enemies we really ever have trouble with, so wanting the 4 piece striker benefit for them isn't a terrible idea.

Our schedules may not allow us to group up much this week, but I'd solo a CM with each set & see which one you prefer. The good thing is you can't really go wrong, you're going to be HELLA effective either way.

PS - I FUCKING HATE THAT THE SENTRY BACKPACK IS FUCKING BLUE.

Mullah88

I believe it all comes down to preference & a little bit of the placebo effect haha. I'm currently working towards the 3/3 setup -- it may do less damage at its peak, but IMO.. will put out enough/ damage consistently without having to worry about hitting all of your shots. On the other hand, heavies/"big flame thrower dudes" are the only enemies we really ever have trouble with, so wanting the 4 piece striker benefit for them isn't a terrible idea.

Our schedules may not allow us to group up much this week, but I'd solo a CM with each set & see which one you prefer. The good thing is you can't really go wrong, you're going to be HELLA effective either way.

Still interested in running the cm on Falcon Lost, the randoms I tried to do it with weren't using the survival link once we jump down and got to the pit or the left side of the room, we Kept on getting decimated. Even when I activated mine none of them dropped the immune med box to negate getting on fire. I left after the 5th try

GazzaGSi

I believe it all comes down to preference & a little bit of the placebo effect haha. I'm currently working towards the 3/3 setup -- it may do less damage at its peak, but IMO.. will put out enough damage consistently without having to worry about hitting all of your shots. On the other hand, heavies/"big flame thrower dudes" are the only enemies we really ever have trouble with, so wanting the 4 piece striker benefit for them isn't a terrible idea.

Thanks for the tip. I ended up running CM Lex on my own to conclude whether a 3/3 or a 4/2 setup is best for me. After running it 3 or 4 times, for me a 4/2 setup is best. In some areas though a 3/3 setup worked better but overall I'll stick with 4/2.
Like I was saying afew days ago it just depends how spaced out the enemies are. When they're bunched together or you're close a 4/2 setup destroys them especially when stunned with the sticky. When in open areas like the roof top or the final encounter on the balcony the 3/3 works better as you don't need to be 100% accurate. The thing is though, the Aug has virtually no kick back it's like a laser so if you're hitting a target the shooter talent builds up to 40-50% straight away and moving on to another target with that much percentage built up drops them like they're not even elites.

On the final run I switched between my vests throughout the mission and it was by far the quickest and easiest solo CM I've done. Started with 3/3, office area 4/2, roof top 3/3, basement 4/2 and final area abit of both.

Was good fun and interesting trying out the 2 setups and both have their pros.

Wolfe

I hope this is true.

I've been kicked from missions a few times just before we get to the final section.

I have no idea if it's done intentionally, but it can be annoying when you've spent nearly an hour doing a CM to be kicked like that.

I think there's a bit of misunderstanding here, pretty sure he meant that when you kick someone you can't have other randoms join as in the discussion I was having earlier about this it was mentioned that you can still invite friends in that situation. Which would support you getting kicked just before the boss if they did indeed have a friend come online or something that they wanted to get in on the kill.

It's kind of a problem when you look in vendors and think "whelp, won't be playing much this week as there is nothing I want".

God I wish they would fix the loot system.

Sucks to say I feel that I'm in the same boat even though with little DZ play I'm likely the exact person that should normally be looking to the BoO vendor for upgrades. But yeah it's kinda pointless when none of it is an upgrade.

Hell buying blueprints got old fast as well considering with the crafting nerf and the heaps of RNG means I've got little incentive to craft anything (out of what's currently available to me).

Did you have privacy set to "open"? If you have privacy set to open it will continue to invite players to the game if spots are not filled. Also you mentioned a player being stuck behind a door. You would all need to wipe including that player in order to drag him through the door to your last checkpoint. Or he could just breach the door with mobile cover

Naw I didn't as I wasn't expecting to gain lead like that, either way it's not a big deal just something that seemed weird to me as it seemed to directly contradict some things I had seen earlier while matchmaking.

Appreciate the help trying to figure it out though.

Geneijin

Rant:

If you fucking cheese the Incursion, you have to at least know how to complete the goddamn mission objective. Otherwise, get the fuck out of matchmaking Challenge mode if you don't understand when Wave 4 comes and nobody doesn't volunteer to plant the bomb, that enemies will endlessly respawn. Don't blame the guy who failed just because nobody else volunteered.

ThaNostalgic1

Neo Member
I have yet to beat the Incursion, been playing with randoms who don't talk or tries to run and gun. Anybody down for HM Incursion on xbox tonight?

EL CUCO

Got my alt to level 30. Felt good donating my purples with the random I played with during General Assembly and Russian Consulate. Guy was so happy lol

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Came across the same lame ass French "ARK" clan again on XB1 which we played against last night and they were glitching out of the area to get the rogue status gone AGAIN. We decided to ignore and proceed upto DZ06, next thing they are behind one of us and go rogue so we turned and dropped them in seconds. One runs of like a bitch but we get him.

5 minutes later they have Manhunt and ran right into us, they turned and hid up that ladder spot in DZ01 next to the W-34th St and camped. We shot at them for abit then said fuck em and left. We checked out their profiles and they have in the activity feeds boasting about glitching, exploiting so we've reported them and blocked.

If anyone wants to know the list of all clan members to block send me a pm.

Wtf, I need two more survival guides and they don't appear anywhere on my map

Edit: you would think the ones behind closed doors that need to have the lock picked would still appear.

vivftp

I feel dirty :(

During 2 separate Division Tech farming runs I came across AFK agents just standing out in the open... all on their own... so innocent... so I shot them :(

The greed was just too strong! I don't normally like to go rogue, but they were such easy targets. And I figured if I didn't do it, someone else probably would. In both cases they probably about 50 meters away from checkpoints too!

Ah well, at least it's so easy to lose rogue status up in DZ06 since practically no one is up there :)

Incidentally, do some newer players not realize when they die they drop cash and a key? There have been times when on a single 10 minute DTech run I come across 5-6 separate locations where agents have died. I can't help myself there either and scoop up the goods :)

Incidentally, do some newer players not realize when they die they drop cash and a key? There have been times when on a single 10 minute DTech run I come across 5-6 separate locations where agents have died. I can't help myself there either and scoop up the goods :)

I think one of two things happen, they might have been killed by rogues, and say screw it OR they got killed which makes the death marker, but got killed again which changes the marker leaving their stuff behind since they can't easily locate it again.

vivftp

I think one of two things happen, they might have been killed by rogues, and say screw it OR they got killed which makes the death marker, but got killed again which changes the marker leaving their stuff behind since they can't easily locate it again.

Quite possible. I did notice in about half of those instances there is no DZ key, which made me think they might be new to the DZ as a whole.

Either way, it doesn't happen too often. It is funny to find dropped loot that's outside the map though. Thought about wall breaching out to get it, but I don't know how closely Massive is monitoring such things these days and didn't want to risk it.

If I'm playing on PC and a hacker kills me and 3 teammates in 1 second and runs away faster than the speed of light, how do I report him? do I have to type his name? Is there anything I can do if his name is like a barcode made out of indistinguishable capital "i"s and lower case "L"s (like the guy spamming the BoO chat with "divisioncarries.com")?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If I'm playing on PC and a hacker kills me and 3 teammates in 1 second and runs away faster than the speed of light, how do I report him? do I have to type his name? Is there anything I can do if his name is like a barcode made out of indistinguishable capital "i"s and lower case "L"s (like the guy spamming the BoO chat with "divisioncarries.com")?
No, the "Barcode" thing is the way that people are avoiding the reporting function because people can't easily read their names to type them out.

Mullah88

Got my alt to level 30. Felt good donating my purples with the random I played with during General Assembly and Russian Consulate. Guy was so happy lol

at 22 and i dont have the drive to keep going, i need to complete 5 more main missions and all the side missions on the other side of the map

Does anyone have the loot table or drops that can happen for the Lincoln Tunnel CM? I got lucky and got a Sentry set kneepads from there, Want to see if there's other possibilities

Top Bottom