• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Maximus P

Just came in to thank the guy who highlighted the ping jammer earlier.

Ran the DZ alone earlier and decided to have a go with it.

Came across a death squad that were running through an extraction point and I landed a surprise attack on them from behind, managing to down one of them.Naturally, they gave chase and I headed for the sewers just as I pinged and hid behind a wall to watch them run by....

This went on for about 90 minutes, every time I would down one of them, they'd revive him and I'd run away and hide.

I couldn't get the kill, becuase I was alone, but it sure was a lot of fun fucking with them.

Mullah88

Just came in to thank the guy who highlighted the ping jammer earlier.

Ran the DZ alone earlier and decided to have a go with it.

Came across a death squad that were running through an extraction point and I landed a surprise attack on them from behind, managing to down one of them.Naturally, they gave chase and I headed for the sewers just as I pinged and hid behind a wall to watch them run by....

This went on for about 90 minutes, every time I would down one of them, they'd revive him and I'd run away and hide.

I couldn't get the kill, becuase I was alone, but it sure was a lot of fun fucking with them.

lol yup its a fun cat and mouse game, its even more exhilarating in the dz5/dz6 when you pulse around the safe house, run down to the underground shopping center and hide down there or run up to the pit. i always make sure to kill one and pick up there loot (obviously survival link will be active lol) to motivate them to chase me around.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They need to make gear score actually mean something, right now its a number and does'nt affect fuck all.

Quazar

They need to make gear score actually mean something, right now its a number and does'nt affect fuck all.

Yea. I'm on a collecting spree now so I can actually mix and match different styles. Sort of intrigued by 10% health on kill pieces. I have two now at 10 each. Wonder how many armor pieces are really out there with that.

Mullah88

Yea. I'm on a collecting spree now so I can actually mix and match different styles. Sort of intrigued by 10% health on kill pieces. I have two now at 10 each. Wonder how many armor pieces are really out there with that.

You can roll it on, don't know how high you can go percentage wise but I'm currently at 35% and that seems to fill up a bar on a kill.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
VvdNKwj.gif

Starting to think if its worth having loads of health when shit like happens to us. Why can't I ever do that to people myself? I have loads of crit dmg, crit chance, high dps, 380% headshot dmg, weapon dmg on gloves. I use Pulse and it still feels like a chore to kill someone with an M1A which has 180k DPS, 46k DMG, Brutal, Deadly and Accurate.

This game is seriously all over the place.

VvdNKwj.gif

Starting to think if its worth having loads of health when shit like happens to us. Why can't I ever do that to people myself? I have loads of crit dmg, crit chance, high dps, 380% headshot dmg, weapon dmg on gloves. I use Pulse and it still feels like a chore to kill someone with an M1A which has 180k DPS, 46k DMG, Brutal, Deadly and Accurate.

Hey look...that's how all my pvp encounters go. Like one two boom, I'm dead.

Sigh.

Edit...Her BrownHole69. Quite the user name lol

Lima

Anyone doing some DZ on Xbox? Fired up the game for the first time in like two weeks and went to melt some people. With the ridiculous high damage now though solo play is a little hard.

Did FL incursion and...ugh...

TLDR version:

At wave 9, one of the group dropped out inexplicably. Was going well enough.

At wave 15, I accidentally picked up the bomb. Not knowing what to do with it, the one guy in the group told me to die at the stairs and he would pick it up.

So I did, but there was a gold shotgunner guy hiding in a really funky spot that gave him an angle on the defilade of the pit and he could basically nail anything getting close to the bomb.

One guy comes to get it and is downed.

Then the third guy does something silly and gets downed as well.

Wiped at wave 15 with only like 2 or 3 mobs left. Felt bad, man.

Yah. I wanted to switch to First Aid w/ Overdose too, but they just came so fast. Didn't help the sirens were glitched too.

The glitches are what make it so much more tedious. Healing skill delay, weapon jamming, grenade explosion radius not visible, game putting you into cover when you're trying to roll away and getting stuck on geometry...

Wolfe

The glitches are what make it so much more tedious. Healing skill delay, weapon jamming, grenade explosion radius not visible, game putting you into cover when you're trying to roll away and getting stuck on geometry...

Haha holy shit dude I was getting this really bad at one point in Lincoln tunnel CM tonight with randoms. We got to the first main encounter outside the security room after running past the first 3 groups of enemies and the leader goes down behind us after a few minutes. I turn back to go revive him (I'm guessing he decided to go hit the ammo box? no idea really why he ran back there) and just as I finish a fire grenade lands on us and I immediately jump away only to get sucked up against the side of a nearby car that is still within the radius of the blast. So I mash on the roll button and leap away only to then zoom right back up to the same spot on the car! Repeated this a couple times and ended up getting set on fire...

Couldn't believe that shit at the time lol.

Flashmeimfamous

Neo Member
VvdNKwj.gif

Damn guys should of stayed on so i could of saved your asses :p

But maybe they were using the m44 with explosive rounds but just wasn't showing the effect due to lag. Happens alot when I use it.

Lima

Any Xbros still playing this regularly? I still don't enjoy the DZ as much as before they introduced the gear sets cause everything dies so quickly now but I want to make some dz moneys for the new patch. Paging Vetro, Iceman and co?

Any Xbros still playing this regularly? I still don't enjoy the DZ as much as before they introduced the gear sets cause everything dies so quickly now but I want to make some dz moneys for the new patch. Paging Vetro, Iceman and co?

Still playing daily with the little time I have clearing the dailies, saving up both PxC and DzC for when 1.2 drops. I am on PS4 though.

Archpath1

Yea we still hop on

I'm still trying to get 75dz

I hope the boss for the next Incursion is a giant shotgunner.

How can we make this happen? A normal sized human in a giant Mech that has giant shotguns for arms. Yeah, and make it have an amazingly fast dash move so it can get up close and personal with said shotguns.

Kidding aside, your idea sounds like something out of Destiny.

EL CUCO

How can we make this happen? A normal sized human in a giant Mech that has giant shotguns for arms. Yeah, and make it have an amazingly fast dash move so it can get up close and personal with said shotguns.

Kidding aside, your idea sounds like something out of Destiny.
Lol he doesn't even need to be close and personal, because v. It'll be like the APC barrage only in giant shotgun shell form 😂
Yeah and his bullet spread covers the whole map...lol

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

But maybe they were using the m44 with explosive rounds but just wasn't showing the effect due to lag. Happens alot when I use it.

I checked his profile and he had the video from his point of view. He basically 2 shotted all of us with an M1A. No explosive rounds either, think the damage was due to him having Balanced so his shots were like super accurate and rapid with no bounce.

I still play every night. Plenty of us to group up with, not sure about Iceman I haven't seen him on in the past few weeks.

Usually we just stick to DZ5/6 and go farming for loot. We do go rogue now and then depending on the people we come up against. Such as people who are rogue and run which wastes our time chasing them for ages.

Feel free to add me though and send me a message when we are playing.

Iceman829

I checked his profile and he had the video from his point of view. He basically 2 shotted all of us with an M1A. No explosive rounds either, think the damage was due to him having Balanced so his shots were like super accurate and rapid with no bounce.

I still play every night. Plenty of us to group up with, not sure about Iceman I haven't seen him on in the past few weeks.

Usually we just stick to DZ5/6 and go farming for loot. We do go rogue now and then depending on the people we come up against. Such as people who are rogue and run which wastes our time chasing them for ages.

Feel free to add me though and send me a message when we are playing.

Hey guys :)

Took a break this past week to check out the Overwatch beta, but I still play. Seems like in my absence team UK has been falling apart. Looks like they need an injection of some American firepower. I'll be on tonight for the vendor resets to see if there is anything worth it. Next week official tours of DZ 5-6 will resume. Seats are available.

My personal goal is to do an HM Incursion before 1.2. The thought of those 15 waves does not sound like fun, but I want to at least experience it once so I can say I did it. Maybe on a weekend when I have more time I will try my luck.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I decided to matchmake in DZ. Holy shit is it intense with 3 randoms whie extracting. No one had a mic either so I had to keep seeing what their body language was like. A few times it look liked one was going to leave.

Got out some super nice weapons. 2 MP5's, M1A and an AUG all with great talents but 3 were 163 and one 182. :(

I really hope an MP5 blueprint is up tonight or an M44. Like my AUG but miss that ROF and 64 mag.

Took a break this past week to check out the Overwatch beta, but I still play. Seems like in my absence team UK has been falling apart. Looks like they need an injection of some American firepower. I'll be on tonight for the vendor resets to see if there is anything worth it. Next week official tours of DZ 5-6 will resume. Seats are available.

:D

We've had quite a good run but last night was a bit shitty. Came across someone with 225 GS who just wouldn't drop but we got him and the team eventually. Then the last bit was as shown above in the GIF. Dom got some Sentry Gloves which he was gonna give Ben but the silly boy didn't extract at Bryant Park.

30 seconds later as we was leaving Bryant Park two guys went rogue on us. Got one then the other ran and led us into a group of 4 who went instantly rogue on us and killed us all. We wen't back to try and get the Sentry Gloves and as above that 1 guy dropped all 3 of us in seconds with the M1A. It was like 4am for me and Ben so we called it a night but apart fom that its been really good. Me and Liam 2 man'd the other day for 9 hours and extracted like 200 items without any bother.

Iceman829

Has there been any updates to the weapons or anything?

Nothing until the 1.2 patch I believe.

I decided to matchmake in DZ. Holy shit is it intense with 3 randoms whie extracting. No one had a mic either so I had to keep seeing what their body language was like. A few times it look liked one was going to leave.

Got out some super nice weapons. 2 MP5's, M1A and an AUG all with great talents but 3 were 163 and one 182. :(

I really hope an MP5 blueprint is up tonight or an M44. Like my AUG but miss that ROF and 64 mag.

:D

I would love an M44. Blaster cannon upgrade would be much appreciated.

Quazar

My personal goal is to do an HM Incursion before 1.2. The thought of those 15 waves does not sound like fun, but I want to at least experience it once so I can say I did it. Maybe on a weekend when I have more time I will try my luck.

What do you play on? HM really isn't that bad. I already have double sets for everything other then striker.

jamesdbc

Neo Member

I was putting HM incursion off for ages until a few days ago. It does depend on the quality of your teammates, but it isn't that bad.

In fact, the hardest but about it was getting a group. Often you'll join a group that's half way through and you won't be able to enter the mission. Took me a while to realise that.

I know gear score isn't a perfect indicator, but I've had most success doing it with high gear score people.

In one particular group we were carrying this GS 170 guy who literally wasn't even venturing out of the pit to shoot anyone. Then he accidentally picked up the bomb on wave 15 and just stood there, with no intention of planting it. That was annoying.

But yeah, strategy wise, pit is the least risky but probably the slowest way. I'd definitely recommend it though for your first time.

What do you play on? HM really isn't that bad. I already have double sets for everything other then striker.

I'm on PS4. The thing is time, I only get an hour or two every night, and the weekends are always a big maybe since with the good weather and all, I'll most likely be out and about.

I was putting HM incursion off for ages until a few days ago. It does depend on the quality of your teammates, but it isn't that bad.

In fact, the hardest but about it was getting a group. Often you'll join a group that's half way through and you won't be able to enter the mission. Took me a while to realise that.

I know gear score isn't a perfect indicator, but I've had most success doing it with high gear score people.

In one particular group we were carrying this GS 170 guy who literally wasn't even venturing out of the pit to shoot anyone. Then he accidentally picked up the bomb on wave 15 and just stood there, with no intention of planting it. That was annoying.

But yeah, strategy wise, pit is the least risky but probably the slowest way. I'd definitely recommend it though for your first time.

I'm GS 188. 155K/80K/20K. Have no problems running Challenging missions, idk about Incursions though. Heck even Challenging missions I only started doing a few weeks ago. I tend to leave things like this untouched because I feel like I'd probably be dragging the team down, until I get myself better gear and numbers at least.

I'm going to need that round trip tour package.....I miss you man...DZ has been the same without you.

ChrisW

Taking a break at the moment from Division, playing some overwatch until Tuesday, then I'll be playing some Uncharted 4 for a couple of days and then hopefully the next incursion will be out in the wild or nearly there!

I'm on PS4. The thing is time, I only get an hour or two every night, and the weekends are always a big maybe since with the good weather and all, I'll most likely be out and about.

I'm GS 188. 155K/80K/20K. Have no problems running Challenging missions, idk about Incursions though. Heck even Challenging missions I only started doing a few weeks ago. I tend to leave things like this untouched because I feel like I'd probably be dragging the team down, until I get myself better gear and numbers at least.
I think you'd be fine for hard mode Incursion as long as your team is communicating and you've got the useful abilities equipped (Survivor Link, health packs, pulse, smoke sticky bomb, etc.). We almost beat it last night with 175-185 gear scores, one player having a lower DPS and just 30k health (!?!!).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone think the bonus for Striker should be changed? I like it but it seems such a waste against mobs, rogues and is really only effective against multiple heavies. I'd say in the 3-4 weeks of using it I've barely got it to 80%. Only time I've hit 100% is at the gun range. It's usually around 20-30% I achieve before everything is cleared out. By the time we get to the next area its 0%. Doesn't help how the A.I and players move around so much that many missed shots drop it to reset so quick.

Currently its.

Every consecutive hit deals 1% more damage. Stacks up to 100%. Missing shots drops bonus by 2%. Bonus is reduced by 1% every second.

I'd like to see it become.

Every consecutive hit deals 2% more damage. Stacks up to 100%. Bonus is reduced by 2% every second.

Any chance they add Striker or Sentry's Call glove blueprints to the Base of Operations/Dark Zone? Really wanting to get my 4/2 or 3/3 Striker/Sentry's split!

ch4fx_

Anyone think the bonus for Striker should be changed? I like it but it seems such a waste against mobs, rogues and is really only effective against multiple heavies. I'd say in the 3-4 weeks of using it I've barely got it to 80%. Only time I've hit 100% is at the gun range. It's usually around 20-30% I achieve before everything is cleared out. By the time we get to the next area its 0%. Doesn't help how the A.I and players move around so much that many missed shots drop it to reset so quick.

Currently its.

Every consecutive hit deals 1% more damage. Stacks up to 100%. Missing shots drops bonus by 2%. Bonus is reduced by 1% every second.

I'd like to see it become.

Every consecutive hit deals 2% more damage. Stacks up to 100%. Bonus is reduced by 2% every second.

IMO, 1% increments are effective enough. I think the reason it seems like a waste is because we can stream roll through basically any enemies the game can throw at us, outside of the CM Incursion. Since they die so quickly & with mob densities being so low, it's easy to see why the bonus never seems like that big of a deal, or like its even working for that matter! Hopefully with the 1.2 update & the level 33/34 enemies that come with it, that gear sets 4 pc bonus will actually become worthwhile.
im REALLY excited about the 1.2 update

That said -- I wouldn't be upset/disappointed with 2% increments.. that would probably actually help me, tbh, considering I'm very inaccurate when shooting. Like you, I have trouble getting above 30-40%, so I never really messed with the 4 pc striker set & opted to go with 3/3 striker/sentry sets instead.

Either way, as long as they don't fuck up the bonuses to do the OPPOSITE of what they say, I'm more than happy.

I tend to leave things like this untouched because I feel like I'd probably be dragging the team down, until I get myself better gear and numbers at least.

Don't feel like this. I can't promise we will clear the Incursion, but I'm more than willing to run it with you & I have some guys on my friends list that can help out also. Shoot me a FR & send me a message whenever you get some free time online, I'll help with whatever I can!

Top Bottom