• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

I see the patch notes say native 1080 but am I going crazy or does it look better on Pro now? I didn't notice any jaggies when I played this morning.

Can't wait to get off work to play some more. The one match of Survival I played was fun and felt fresh.

Birdman02

My first survival did not go well. I let myself get surrounded by NPCs pretty early, and I still only had a pistol.

The second was going much better. Made it to the DZ. I was pretty decently geared, and I had 1-2 survival caches. Just as I picked up my antivirals, I got booted with a delta error. Now I am in a constant loop of delta and mike errors, so I can't get into the game at all.

The mode is super fun though.

Ashtar

Firing it up now, let's do this!
Edit: booted up the game and I couldn't figure out how to open stashes and I still can't
Tried to do survival but couldn't figure out where it was so I had to look up on YouTube to find it, now waiting in a lobby doing jumping jacks

Jawmuncher

I'll ask here before I make a thread.

I can't seem to log in consistently with the division on PS4. I usually get stuck at the screen with the dot that goes around the circle. Sometimes I'll go through, but it seems like it's a network thing.

I'll change to a new connection, or ports and be able to login. Then the second time I try to login with the same stuff again it goes back to just going in circles. Like the game closes up the way I opened.

Anyone have any help for this?

hydruxo

Reinstalling the game right now, actually pretty excited to get back into the game. I haven't played since probably April or May so I'm sure it'll be overwhelming with all the changes lol.

Bought the season pass. Haven't played any DLC before. What to do, where to go? Totally confused as I see no new missions on the map.

"secure quarantine center" that one I should do?

I had to manually download the Survival update from the store to get it to show up in the Base, despite having downloaded all of the previous updates and owning the season pass.

WTF. Yeah when I went there it was showing a message to go to the store and download it... but I already own and downloaded it? The hell?

How do I access survival on PC? Like I bought the season pass and I have only this one mission "investigate quarantine center" but I don't even know if that was part of the main game. So confused.

How do I access survival on PC? Like I bought the season pass and I have only this one mission "investigate quarantine center" but I don't even know if that was part of the main game. So confused.

You have to do that mission to unlock the terminal, which is where you access the underground and survival missions.

WTF. Yeah when I went there it was showing a message to go to the store and download it... but I already own and downloaded it? The hell?

Did you go to your "Library" then find the Survival DLC and activate it? It's more or less just a licensing thing.

So when my current gear score is 207, I should do this in world rank 4, right?

Yeah, and then when you get to 229 or thereabouts move up to World Tier 5.

Ashtar

Played 2 games of survival first one died by the first mob
Second game actually got to the dark zone but I was so weak the first roaming gang destroyed me.
Lots of fun, very stressful/tense feels pretty much like a survival horror game

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So as a PS4 player who stopped after the second "raid" came out... what should I be doing? Grinding the subway missions to get an Alpha Bridge set? What stats/weapons should I be looking for, since I assume the M1A/SMG combo is nerfed to hell? lol

Also is Survival PvP or PvE?

EL CUCO

So as a PS4 player who stopped after the second "raid" came out... what should I be doing? Grinding the subway missions to get an Alpha Bridge set? What stats/weapons should I be looking for, since I assume the M1A/SMG combo is nerfed to hell? lol

Also is Survival PvP or PvE?
MP7 or MP5 are still good. All other SMG's are bad in comparison (with the exception of the PP maybe)

M1A are kinda meh now. Bolt action is where it's at.

AR's and LMG's are really good.

Haven't tried a Shotgun in 1.5, but they look good on streams.

You can select between a PVE or PVP Survival instance.

You'd have to be a complete masochist to play survival on pvp. Every piece of salvage is so precious; having to worry about NPCs plus other players ganking you is just too stressful for me lol. I came upon a fallen player in pve, but his body was surrounded by enemies. I killed them all, but had to burn the medkit that I was gonna use to revive the poor soul. I felt so bad; the only option available was to kill and loot, so of course I took his stuff. He had some real good shit too; enough to get me to the DZ easily. I felt fucked up but what'cha gonna do lol. Pretty fun game mode!

Samus4145

I'm sitting in a queue on PS4. WTF

I also have a sealed cache icon on the top right of my screen and it won't go away. I checked my inventory and there is nothing there.

Mullah88

Did they nerf Electronics or is that still the way to go?

they nerfed skills making electronics/skill power mostly irrelevant but you can still build around it. i have a tactician healer build with rapid chest/ specialized backpack. skill power at 218k, toughness 410k. it works but having the skill not on cooldown while active hampers the fun of running a skill build

ill take a screenshot of all my builds that i have (predator, banshee, alphabridge, tactician, and sentry build) which can only improve with better drops. hope a new gear set is not coming anytime soon lol

My friend is having issues and can't seem to figure it out:

I have the update and the survival expansion installed, yet I can't access the survival content and the game says I need to install the dlc still.
There's a lot of people just standing at the entrance to the survival area in the base looking confused, and yes the update is live and I have it installed. The game menu says that survival is live and available. I've restarted [the game] twice already
And my ps4 once
There's a [twitter] post saying that if survival appears as offline in game to make sure and download it from the store, but I have it installed and it still says offline

Anyone else having this issue? Tying to help him out while at work and hoping I don't encounter the same issue when I get home tonight.

bryanee

So I have survival download and it still says I dont. Weird.

My friend is having issues and can't seem to figure it out:

Anyone else having this issue? Tying to help him out while at work and hoping I don't encounter the same issue when I get home tonight.

Same for me. I cant figure it out.

GazzaGSi

Logged in for 10 minutes or so earlier just to look at the Pro update as I didn't have time for a survival session.

Man what a let down. Don't get me wrong, the UI is alot cleaner on my 4k screen especially the text when in the inventory or browsing vendors but I wouldn't even say I could see a difference in the shadows or reflections. I took afew screens over the weekend so I could take some after the Pro patch in the same locations but it's not even worth wasting my time uploading them as they look identical except for the different weapon skin I'm using.

I did notice that there was no frame drops, like when your character pauses then sprints quicker to catchup and no drops when blowing cleaner tanks up with afew explosions.

Lastly, what is with the shit texture pop up just recently. I don't know if this is ps4 only but once my character is loaded into the map everything is still popping in or when visiting a safe house detail is popping in.
I'm running passed cars and the wheels are like box shape then gradually load afew seconds later, it has never been this bad before but I started noticing it more since 1.4

I wish I never tried the free weekend on PC as it's spoilt me, seeing it on PS4 (and now the Pro) is so bland in comparison, I was really hoping the Pro would get near or somewhere in between that graphical quality.
I don't even have DX12 as I'm on Win7 and it 4k/30FPS with high settings it looked spectacular.

EL CUCO

Note to self: If you decide to investigate an area with a few unconscious players marked on the map, there may be someone dangerous hanging out.

💀

bryanee

I've restored my licenses with no luck and I've also deleted the game from my HDD and reinstalled everything but still nope. Just keeps saying I need to buy the dlc.

Mullah88

my builds
alphabridge (barrett/specialized) Destructive/unforgiving/vicious/responsive/uncomplicated
PS_Messages_20161220_192447_zpsbyw8dxgu.jpg

main predator build (rogue hunting with group)
PS_Messages_20161220_192450_zpswymx0ntr.jpg

a bit more toughness (farming in a group)
PS_Messages_20161220_192459_zpsqqelbvlp.jpg

lol dz rogue hunt solo
PS_Messages_20161220_192456_zpsorfja4b7.jpg

newly completed unoptimized sentry build using SASG (destructive/brutal/responsive). toughness can go above 500k
PS_Messages_20161220_192502_zpsl1umlzso.jpg

banshee (barrett/ savage), solo dz runs when farming
PS_Messages_20161220_192505_zps1vlic8dc.jpg

tactician (rapid chest/ specialized) mostly PVE needs major work.
PS_Messages_20161220_192508_zpsugclyufa.jpg

PS_Messages_20161220_192510_zpsyi1oo6y8.jpg

PS_Messages_20161220_192512_zpsgecc3rmi.jpg

all builds are above 55% mitigation except tactician and all builds have 50+ ead. time to see if survival well help upgrade any of these

sorry for all the pics

Stupid question, if I own this game and try to buy another copy on UPlay, will it let me gift that code to a friend or will I buy another copy for no reason?

Logged in for 10 minutes or so earlier just to look at the Pro update as I didn't have time for a survival session.

Man what a let down. Don't get me wrong, the UI is alot cleaner on my 4k screen especially the text when in the inventory or browsing vendors but I wouldn't even say I could see a difference in the shadows or reflections. I took afew screens over the weekend so I could take some after the Pro patch in the same locations but it's not even worth wasting my time uploading them as they look identical except for the different weapon skin I'm using.

I did notice that there was no frame drops, like when your character pauses then sprints quicker to catchup and no drops when blowing cleaner tanks up with afew explosions.

Lastly, what is with the shit texture pop up just recently. I don't know if this is ps4 only but once my character is loaded into the map everything is still popping in or when visiting a safe house detail is popping in.
I'm running passed cars and the wheels are like box shape then gradually load afew seconds later, it has never been this bad before but I started noticing it more since 1.4

I wish I never tried the free weekend on PC as it's spoilt me, seeing it on PS4 (and now the Pro) is so bland in comparison, I was really hoping the Pro would get near or somewhere in between that graphical quality.
I don't even have DX12 as I'm on Win7 and it 4k/30FPS with high settings it looked spectacular.

I'm super pissed. How can a console with the power of a $900 current PC get this kind of an update?

Top Bottom