• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Yup. Just gonna leave it for now and try again later on tonight.

Same thing happened with Underground when it came out, many players were locked out.

Did you actually download the 2.80GB Survival update from the store? It's not just activating the dlc, you have to download it as well and the subsequent patch.

Ok so it's not just me. Downloaded installed and still shows has not installed. How complicated is this to do for fuck sakes

Submit a ticket at Ubi support but don't expect much.

Same thing happened with Underground when it came out, many players were locked out.

Did you actually download the 2.80GB Survival update from the store? It's not just activating the dlc, you have to download it as well and the subsequent patch.

Submit a ticket at Ubi support but don't expect much.

Actually I renewed my licenses turned off my PlayStation for like 10 minutes now I just went back and it's available

I'm level 22 and I feel like I have to be doing something wrong. I get face rolled in PvE areas marked 7-9 that have lvl 17-23 NPCs. Did I hit a difficulty setting I didn't know about? I just want to get high enough to Finnish the story but side missions have me getting melted in seconds.

fr0st

Banned
I'm level 22 and I feel like I have to be doing something wrong. I get face rolled in PvE areas marked 7-9 that have lvl 17-23 NPCs. Did I hit a difficulty setting I didn't know about? I just want to get high enough to Finnish the story but side missions have me getting melted in seconds.
Enemies scale to your level. You're probably under geared and need to farm some more new equipment.

EL CUCO

I got about 10 different caches from Survival last night, and I never even got to extract. I could care less about them tbh. Until they fix the PVP or add an arena or something, not really interested in gearing my main.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ok, so whats better, higher damage or higher DPS?

Depends on your approach. If you can take your time and aim and you are sure you won't miss, then higher damage makes sense. But if people are running around and you will miss some shots, then higher rate of fire at a lower damage makes sense.

That said, the Pro patch either cleaned up the image significantly at 1080p, and improved lighting reflections/shadows, or its a huge placebo. In any case, it's very smooth now and seems to look much better, particularly at night when multiple color lights are present and get diffused/reflected in the fog. Reminds me of the nice color reflections in Infamous.

Mullah88

not sure but it seems like they fixed the barrett chest piece, you no longer have to unequip and equip to gain the talents after loading. mine worked as intended all through my play session last night

EL CUCO

That said, the Pro patch either cleaned up the image significantly at 1080p, and improved lighting reflections/shadows, or its a huge placebo. In any case, it's very smooth now and seems to look much better, particularly at night when multiple color lights are present and get diffused/reflected in the fog. Reminds me of the nice color reflections in Infamous.
I noticed this as well. Also, got about 4hrs of play and didn't notice a single slow down of frames 👍 On the OG there were times that the game would come to a crawl.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Make sure you're doing all side missions. Don't be afraid to come back to one that's kicking your ass later and be sure to constantly upgrade equipment. Also, the AI was changed for the better. Enemies have roles now some rush, some surpass etc. learn the best way to approach the encounter.

I noticed this as well. Also, got about 4hrs of play and didn't notice a single slow down of frames 👍 On the OG there were times that the game would come to a crawl.

It's looks much sharper on the pro now. Enemies down range are much easier to see and target. Lighting is improved as well.

I'm pretty pleased with it. Of Course downsampling would have been great, but I'll take the solid 30fps

Dynamic3

Enemies scale to your level. You're probably under geared and need to farm some more new equipment.

So what is the point of the recommended level?

Also, when you join a party do enemies scale in terms of HP or number of enemies? I presume loot scales as well?

I just tried this over the free weekend and enjoyed it, but I'm usually a bit put off by scaling.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Also, when you join a party do enemies scale in terms of HP or number of enemies? I presume loot scales as well?

I just tried this over the free weekend and enjoyed it, but I'm usually a bit put off by scaling.

I think it scales both ways. Waves might have a few extra bad guys, or an extra wave or two, and tougher enemies will be more frequent (purple/gold guys) leading a wave.

I played with my friend who had access to world tried and I was being dropped by mean looks. I think it scales to the highest.

I'm not a fan of the idea of farming equipment. That's what the side missions should be for.

GazzaGSi

Anyone who's saying they're seeing clear differences are you using a 1080p set or 4K?
I'm a foot away sat at a PC desk in front of a 4k 43XD80 and see no differences.
I'd taken plenty of pre Pro patch screen captures to compare with after the patch and they're identical. The UI is spot on though and cleared up the haziness around the edges of text.

Anyone who's saying they're seeing clear differences are you using a 1080p set or 4K?
I'm a foot away sat at a PC desk in front of a 4k 43XD80 and see no differences.
I'd taken plenty of pre Pro patch screen captures to compare with after the patch and they're identical. The UI is spot on though and cleared up the haziness around the edges of text.

4k TV here.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I played with my friend who had access to world tried and I was being dropped by mean looks. I think it scales to the highest.

I'm not a fan of the idea of farming equipment. That's what the side missions should be for.

No, you probably joined a higher world tier.

And side missions will get you better equipment, or the ability to craft it.

domstah

I really like Survival - I like how it's a whole separate experience from the core game, yet it take the mechanics of the core game and makes something new out of them.

The desperate running from islands of warmth that the fire barrels generate, to being excited to find loot caches again, to seeing terrifying enemies emerge from the snowstorm - with the constant threat of time, illness, thirst and hunger add an urgency to exploring New York. It would never have worked in the core game experience, but is a refreshing change after the core game and Underground.

This is one of my favorite DLC additions to any game in a long time.

So i havent been keeping up with survival, is survival pvp or pve or both? Do i have to worry about a teammate stabbing me in the back in this mode as well?

So i havent been keeping up with survival, is survival pvp or pve or both? Do i have to worry about a teammate stabbing me in the back in this mode as well?

You can do a PvP mode, or a PvE mode. Though, in the PvE mode, while nobody can outright shoot you, if you are downed by an NPC they can either heal you with a medkit or finish you off for your gear.

hydruxo

So I just reinstalled the game and hopped back in, my GS is at 180. What should I be doing to maximize getting my GS up? I know you can pretty much do any activity to gear up now but is there anything in particular I should be focusing on atm?

So I just reinstalled the game and hopped back in, my GS is at 180. What should I be doing to maximize getting my GS up? I know you can pretty much do any activity to gear up now but is there anything in particular I should be focusing on atm?

bump up to world level 3 buy going into the map and holding down Triangle, or whatever other button is at the top of the diamond depending on console. Not sure what button for PC. That will set you up in an appropriate tier for upgraded gear while also keeping enemies challenging.

Logged in after 5 months I think. Survival is cool but the base game with all the changes still feels like the massive clusterfuck it was pre 1.4. More loot for sure, but without actual end-game content there is literally no reason to play incursions, missions or DZ.

Don't get me wrong, the game now is great for new and casual players, but for existing players there is nothing to do unless you like running the same mission 20 times a day or run circles in the DZ.

EL CUCO

Farming for named gear is the end game now

I'm really looking forward to see what Redstorm is working on for 1.6. Survival is good enough to last me until then.

^CBA with that. You need content to use the farmed gear on, and there is none.

Game world is bland and soulless as ever.

Also I hate that loot is 100% random now. If I want to try out the new Frontline set I have no way to farm it, totally at the mercy of RNG from any activity.

domstah

^CBA with that. You need content to use the farmed gear on, and there is none.

Game world is bland and soulless as ever.

Also I hate that loot is 100% random now. If I want to try out the new Frontline set I have no way to farm it, totally at the mercy of RNG from any activity.

The incursions (the Raid content) is free and available (and supposedly the end game content) - but I never found it much fun, compared to the core game loop. Did/Do you hold the same opinion of Destiny?

The incursions (the Raid content) is free and available (and supposedly the end game content) - but I never found it much fun, compared to the core game loop. Did/Do you hold the same opinion of Destiny?

Incursions are like strikes, they are nowhere near the level or design of a Destiny raid.

I've played, soloed and sherpaed all the incursions hundreds of times before 1.4. Got around 1000 hours in the Division. I stopped playing because the game was broken and there was nothing to do apart from min maxing your gear, which mine already was.

Coming back after a break and heaps of changes to the game, the base game is still the same.

Destiny has it's own quirks but the gameplay outshines any shooter in the market which is why people still play Destiny to this day.

hydruxo

I only ever tried the first incursion but I found that one to be pretty terrible. Waves upon waves of enemies with no real strategy to it outside of running away from grenades and shit. Dark Zone was always more my thing.

EL CUCO

I was rolling in my Survival session just now. 5 players left and I was decked out to the max, 2 skills and all. Just as I killed an Elite just prior to getting into the DZ...Delta. DELTA.

DELLLLLLLLTAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHHH

game is trying to get back into my Survival game, but it keeps getting a Uniform error now. Sigh

Edit: holy crappy I'm back in. I love u Massive

Do the 256 GS weapons not have any better stats than 229 ones?

All the 256 ones I have gotten so far have slightly higher base dmg but the talent stats are exactly the same as the 229 ones.

What's the point of using the 256 ones which have a higher requirement to activate talents but provide no stat boost? This new tier feels so half assed to me...

GazzaGSi

Do the 256 GS weapons not have any better stats than 229 ones?

All the 256 ones I have gotten so far have slightly higher base dmg but the talent stats are exactly the same as the 229 ones.

What's the point of using the 256 ones which have a higher requirement to activate talents but provide no stat boost? This new tier feels so half assed to me...

Sounds like you had a highly rolled 229 weapon and a low rolled 256 weapon, my 229 LVOA-C has a base damage of 15k, my 256 has base damage of 17.7k and brutal requires a higher firearms stat on the 256 compared to the 229. That's why I kept the 229 until I had the stats to unlock the 4790 firearms stat for brutal on the 256 weapon but when I did meet the requirement the change in base damage against NPCs was massive.

Been enjoying the new tier personally, especially with the rework to UG levelling so I'm just steadily progressing through that. No real desire to play survival, just feels a tacked on mode. Now if there was a survival world tier where I could use the builds I've been making then I'd be interested.

Folks always like to bring up "end-game" content in regards to Destiny/The Division but in reality neither game does it well in the context of having something to use the "end-game" rewards/loot/builds on. In the simplest terms there should be a mode in each game for both solo and co-op play that is an endless challenge with leaderboards which would be a real "end-game" beyond Raids/Incursions, Strikes/Challenge Missions, Nightfalls/ Challenging Underground Ops, and Crucible/Dark Zone.

Yes, Destiny is second to none in regards to gunplay/mobility with a quality audio/visual experience as well but I'd argue that The Division stands at the top of the third person cover shooter genre in the same categories (with the exception of maybe mobility as it doesn't really apply but what is there is pretty good).

However, at this juncture I find The Division a far more engaging experience from a loot and build standpoint as the gear is far more randomized than Destiny's gear which is mostly fixed (WoTM raid gear, Exotics) thus making repeating what content there is far more palpable.

No I mean they do have a higher requirement but the perk stats are the same - both 256 and 229 have the same 15% for Destructive for example.

Those "talent % bonuses" don't change. Base damage/built in bonuses does thus making it the better version, obviously. It all works out in the end as far as scaling/talents go in regards to requirements for Firearms, Stamina, and Electronics.

Also, I was looking to create a D3-FNC build on my Xbox One character last night. After 2.5 hours of doing random activities I had 5 pieces and a 250K DPS, 500K Toughness, and 120K Skill Power build.

Kalentan

Man, when you can get far in Survival it's a freaking adventure lol

For real. Pretty sure me and two other guys were the only ones in our game to extract.

It's intense! Even in PvP because enemies can fuck you up so easily.

Edit: So I guess my average gear score is now 256... What do I do know outside just play the game for fun? Any 256 specific content?

For real. Pretty sure me and two other guys were the only ones in our game to extract.

It's intense! Even in PvP because enemies can fuck you up so easily.

Edit: So I guess my average gear score is now 256... What do I do know outside just play the game for fun? Any 256 specific content?

Gears Score still means very little and isn't a good measurement for judging the quality of a build.

It is ultimately just indicative of what possible stat ranges you can have on gear.

That said as a 256 player you should obviously be playing in Tier 5 while acquiring and re-rolling gear to make the best builds possible that interest you across all game modes.

Top Bottom