• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

Just finished my first Legendary mission...Napalm. Did it with matchmaking. Only wiped once towards the beginning, but it took a total of 2 hrs!! Between the annoying status effect from the fire and the medic boss insta-healing himself and the others with the support station, that final room is EASILY one of the most obnoxious encounters video game history 😭

Just finished my first Legendary mission...Napalm. Did it with matchmaking. Only wiped once towards the beginning, but it took a total of 2 hrs!! Between the annoying status effect from the fire and the medic boss insta-healing himself and the others with the support station, that final room is EASILY one of the most obnoxious encounters video game history 😭

lol wait till you play warrengate on legendary. the timed turbine room will make you pull your hair our

Leyasu

Banned
I wish that I had never discovered survival.

It is fucking awesome yet so fucking cheap and frustrating. I just killed a hunter with 1m50 left before the helicopter arrived .

So I look around a bit, then a hidden turret drops me, and a hunter appears from no where and sticks his axe in my head before I can use a med kit. Like what the fuck is that all about? I

GazzaGSi

I wish that I had never discovered survival.

It is fucking awesome yet so fucking cheap and frustrating. I just killed a hunter with 1m50 left before the helicopter arrived .

So I look around a bit, then a hidden turret drops me, and a hunter appears from no where and sticks his axe in my head before I can use a med kit. Like what the fuck is that all about? I

Another player must have been around the area to also extract and you were on the receiving end unfortunately :(

Another player must have been around the area to also extract and you were on the receiving end unfortunately :(

The timing on that is weird actually. If you wait for someone else's chopper to land and another player boards (staying out of the extraction area), you can run on and board without your hunter spawning. I've had it happen twice.

Leyasu

Banned

There was no one though. I checked before calling an extraction.

The timing on that is weird actually. If you wait for someone else's chopper to land and another player boards (staying out of the extraction area), you can run on and board without your hunter spawning. I've had it happen twice.

Yeah had that happen the other. Felt good just getting on the chopper.

GazzaGSi

Haven't noticed that, I've only ever extracted on my own or there has been 3/4 of us taking out the same amount of hunters.

There was no one though. I checked before calling an extraction.

I've been in DZ06 when an extraction has started at 02 and made it for the extraction, unless if you were the last alive they could've come from anywhere. Then again, who knows with this game anymore.

Anyone know if Last Stand caches can drop exotics?

Yes, I got my short bow knee pads from a LS cache, I don't know if the drop rate is the same as proficiency caches but it's certainly possible.

Leyasu

Banned
Just went to extract (survival), with a full HE kit, plus two HE assault rifles, complete with mods to both guns and equipment. Called in the extraction, prep'd the flash bang, waited for the hunter and.... Nothing

The helicopter arrived and landed, and I just extracted lol.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Too bad the lag makes it unplayable. Can't find a single without crazy lag.

Ruthless it may be from the fact you live on an island :), i've been fairly lag free while in LS, however, now that you told me about the invisible garbage...may have to stay away until it's patched to avoid the unnecessary frustration.

GazzaGSi

The lag has been pretty atrocious for me, saved this run on police academy a few days ago when it was the daily and its constantly lagging, skipping and fps dips. Was trying to get back into it but shit like this just makes me switch off and go on something else.

The first bit of lag happens at 13 seconds taking cover behind the police car, the rest of the video is more of the same throughout.
https://youtu.be/dcoRU8XMkw0

I'm looking to jump back in to this game after a hiatus and was looking to get some of the expansions.

Which expansions are worthwhile?

Only thing locked behind the expansions are the different modes like Survival, Underground and Last Stand.

Depending on what you like, you could get either Survival and/or Last Stand. Ideally a cheap season pass code if you can find one, it has been discounted many times.

Year 2 content will be free so no purchase required.

Is survival good for two people or is it a solo experience?

Best played solo in my experience, especially in pve mode. Two player makes it much easier, and 3 or more can make it harder if you don't split up.

Ideally you can load in with a team of two and split up, then group up when you enter the DZ.

The queue will be different for groups and for solo players. So I don't know how populated it would be, but keep in mind you'll be against other groups.

Not in PVE survival, still puts solo players with groups.

GazzaGSi

Hahahahahaahaha FU massive.
Someone should've told them it rewards exotic caches or something, a fix would've come the next hour although having said that, they'd probably just remove exotic caches.

Just another show of how they're not bothered compared to when something is in the user's favour that gets a fix overnight/next day or 2 like the Warrangate loot farm, double HE's from named enemies, DZ XP for levelling etc etc but a game breaking exploit nah we'll let that run for abit. Useless.

Leyasu

Banned
Ok, survival was already a decent challenge, now they have made it even more hardcore.

Streets crawling with npc's
Hardly any clothes laying about
"Seems" like less shelters. (need more attempts to determine)

Overall it feels like they have really upped the challenge. I was the 4th agent remaining in my playthrough, and no-one had yet reached the dz. People were dropping like flies.

Massive taking an axe to what was the only thing left worth playing... Massive cunts spring to mind

Ok, survival was already a decent challenge, now they have made it even more hardcore.

Streets crawling with npc's
Hardly any clothes laying about
"Seems" like less shelters. (need more attempts to determine)

Overall it feels like they have really upped the challenge. I was the 4th agent remaining in my playthrough, and no-one had yet reached the dz. People were dropping like flies.

Massive taking an axe to what was the only thing left worth playing... Massive cunts spring to mind

Yes, apparently they have increased the NPC count, reduced cloth drops and shelters. No mention of this anywhere in the 1.6 patch notes.

Plus, you're directly squishier due to the removal of armor rolls from gear. On top of that, they buffed the NPC damage to compensate for reducing their accuracy, but they are still 100% accurate.

Leyasu

Banned
Yes, apparently they have increased the NPC count, reduced cloth drops and shelters. No mention of this anywhere in the 1.6 patch notes.

Plus, you're directly squishier due to the removal of armor rolls from gear. On top of that, they buffed the NPC damage to compensate for reducing their accuracy, but they are still 100% accurate.

Survival was in a good place before, now it's pretty ridiculous. Oh well, time to drop it again.

GazzaGSi

Well looks like the one game mode I kept coming back for is over. Wtf were these changes all about, no one ever used to complain about survival except for the fixed loot spawns.

Leyasu

Banned
Well looks like the one game mode I kept coming back for is over. Wtf were these changes all about, no one ever used to complain about survival except for the fixed loot spawns.

Agreed. Survival was really good. After last night, I won't be going back to it. Real shame that they have ruined it.

TimFL

Just got back into this due to 2 friends picking it up during the Steam sale.

Pretty goofy of Ubisoft that there still isn't a simple way to downscale your level for PvE group play... like what the heck. Wasn't that one of the top requested features ever since the game launched? I wouldn't even mind if I 1 shot enemies with my level 30 (which I pretty much still do seeing as all mobs are level 25...).
Glad I had an alt-char at level 5 for the farming glitch we used during the launch period.

Are there any good returning player guides? I surprisingly had above 1k phoenix credits so I bought that ACR-E special blueprint (favorite type of weapon) in the terminal. Hope that was no wasted of credits. Currently rocking sentry + striker gear sets (4x2) but I guess my gear is obsolete ever since they introduced one of the last 2 major patches.

Pretty sad that the DivisionGAF Discord is dead too.

Awww, they monkeyed with survival? Whhhyyy?

People had it figured out too well I think. Less shelters doesn't bother me. A ton more NPCs everywhere seems a bit too drastic though. I think splitting the Solo and Group playing queues was good enough in that regard. Or maybe only increase the NPCs in the Group queue so you can't 4 man and walk through it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

It seems to me that they only listen to the top-top players and their internal playtesters who know the game inside and out. Their changes are usually made to satisfy that minority of the game population.

It seems to me that they only listen to the top-top players and their internal playtesters who know the game inside and out. Their changes are usually made to satisfy that minority of the game population.

We are the playtesters lol. Massive has no testers or QA people. There are bugs and glitches since day one (a year ago) still in the game.

Many so-called 'top players' took to social media recently and announced they were leaving the game.

Massive's issue from launch has been:

1) Their inability to fix glitches and bugs.
2) Balance the game between pve and pve, and various weapons/gear sets/skills.
3) Have their own vision for the game and sticking to it. They make too many changes and too drastic ones every update that tends to upset and affect the majority of the player base.

That said, I like that they are communicative and interact with the community regularly. But even then they do make changes (mostly nerfs) without informing the playerbase (G36 accuracy nerf, Survival changes, etc). They even made a positive change with 1.6 loot drops (gear from caches and mission rewards can be traded) but never made it to the patch notes.

They've never seemed to have their own plan about the game and been focused on delivering it. They'll come up with patch notes and then have the community tell them most of it is bad, then make half assed changes for the actual release. Every patch breaks more things than it fixes.

They've done a lot to fix the game and keep players interested, I'll give them that. However, a game marketed and sold as a cover based RPG, has been missing mechanics to promote cover and RPG mechanics since day one. Run'n'gun gameplay has always been more effective over cover based, and that is majorly due to the design of the skills, talents, weapons and gear in the game.

PS: I've played this game way too much (1200 hours) and it really gets hard to keep on supporting the devs who can't seem to fix simple things and a community that has become entitled and very toxic (to the devs and other players) over the course of the year.

Dunfisch

Ugh, sometimes this game just frustrates me. In line with what others already milled over, the indirect nerfs affecting PvE in 1.6... makes me want to tear my hair out.

In 1.5, I was running High Risk Weekly HVTs with impunity, even on the worse spots you can get sent to. But in 1.6, gah. That armor reduction hurts so badly. Comparatively, it now really fucks you when you get sent to an open street and get 4 LMB Rogue Agents as bosses -_- . Cover? WHERE. Plus constant Seekers, more than even in Last Stand : D . Huff. Needed to vent a bit.

This wouldn't be so bad if Target Intel wasn't such a grind.

Survival was in a good place before, now it's pretty ridiculous. Oh well, time to drop it again.

Agreed. Survival was really good. After last night, I won't be going back to it. Real shame that they have ruined it.

People had it figured out too well I think. Less shelters doesn't bother me. A ton more NPCs everywhere seems a bit too drastic though. I think splitting the Solo and Group playing queues was good enough in that regard. Or maybe only increase the NPCs in the Group queue so you can't 4 man and walk through it.

Was doing some research into Survival hidden changes (nerfs) and found these:

1) Reduced shelters.
2) Getting downed while freezing = instant unconscious state. No more medkit self revive.
3) Clothing drops from chests and boxes only lootable once (before 1.6 everyone in the group could loot the same clothing box).
4) Anti-viral DT no longer drops for whole team (pre 1.6, your antivirals would grant 1 DT to each member of the team if they were close enough).
5) Increased NPC count.
6) Solo PVP players are still able to group up.

This wouldn't be so bad if Target Intel wasn't such a grind.

Solo players, esp in PVE certainly got nerfed with 1.6. That said, you don't need to farm for intel ever. 1 exotic cache gives you 50 odd intel.

Dunfisch

Solo players, esp in PVE certainly got nerfed with 1.6. That said, you don't need to farm for intel ever. 1 exotic cache gives you 50 odd intel.

True enough, except I got no group - they're gone from the game - and pubs can't coordinate or communicate worth shit 9 times out of 10. And trying it solo, while technically possible, is gonna grind my gears without lube.

I'll just have to max out my Tactician Char and Seeker cheese High Risk HVTs. Hardly engaging, but it gets the job done.

True enough, except I got no group - they're gone from the game - and pubs can't coordinate or communicate worth shit 9 times out of 10. And trying it solo, while technically possible, is gonna grind my gears without lube.

I'll just have to max out my Tactician Char and Seeker cheese High Risk HVTs. Hardly engaging, but it gets the job done.

What platform do you play on?

Try joining some discord groups for The Division, you'll find a more active pool of players - both newbies and veterans.

So a friend and I are playing, and we just get melted. We're 256 and I've got 407,640 Primary DPS and 292,563 toughness. I don't understand how fast we go down in DZ. It's kind of insane.

Is there something we're just missing??? Higher level gear or something?

I have Alphabridge (4) on with 2 snipers.

Leyasu

Banned
Was doing some research into Survival hidden changes (nerfs) and found these:

1) Reduced shelters.
2) Getting downed while freezing = instant unconscious state. No more medkit self revive.
3) Clothing drops from chests and boxes only lootable once (before 1.6 everyone in the group could loot the same clothing box).
4) Anti-viral DT no longer drops for whole team (pre 1.6, your antivirals would grant 1 DT to each member of the team if they were close enough).
5) Increased NPC count.
6) Solo PVP players are still able to group up.

I'm disappointed.

I also noticed that the clothes that I did find were never good quality either. They took an axe to what was a great game type.

So a friend and I are playing, and we just get melted. We're 256 and I've got 407,640 Primary DPS and 292,563 toughness. I don't understand how fast we go down in DZ. It's kind of insane.

Is there something we're just missing??? Higher level gear or something?

I have Alphabridge (4) on with 2 snipers.

Overall, Toughness took a major hit with the 1.6 Update in or out-of-cover. You should have your Damage Mitigation at 33% and you can try and get your Toughness up closer to 400K but you'll still go down rather quickly. You can also try using gear/player talents that increase armor/damage mitigation.

I wouldn't use a sniper-centric setup to be honest as it just isn't multi-purpose enough especially with AlphaBridge.

A sniper-only build is hard to incorporate anywhere in this current iteration of the game yet as a secondary weapon it is quite useful especially for Legendary missions.

Top Bottom