• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Are you implying that having queues when basically every single player of your game wants to log in at the same minute is "amateurish"?

It kinda is when the reason every player being on queue is a massively messed up patch. No pun intended.

Matt Frost

Is there a blueprint for sale for this weapon at home base? If yes, how much does it cost?

Blueprint on the advanced vendor, second floor. Is around 154 PC. Then you have to craft it and hope for a great re-roll like extra headshot damage and extra critical damage or extra damage to ultras and named enemies.

cripterion

Are you implying that having queues when basically every single player of your game wants to log in at the same minute is "amateurish"?

The bullet king, the mess with the patch, the servers going down again, the constant delta errors on pc. I know the game is popular atm but release is a lot worse than beta.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I got in with 15 mins on the shutdown clock and managed to kill 6-7 people. It was beautiful.

BraXzy

Can they not just make a rogues for days version of the DZ you can pick? I don't get why people complain about rogues.. It's the whole point of it! It might as well be an extended area of the PvE zones.

Does anyone feel like the best, most HE weapons/gear should be only available by getting them off a drop in the DZ off a boss or chest? Then the other good but not amazing weapons/gear can be bought as blueprints or through a vendor.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Can they not just make a rogues for days version of the DZ you can pick? I don't get why people complain about rogues.. It's the whole point of it! It might as well be an extended area of the PvE zones.

Hopefully with the changes they are adding with this patch it will be far more intense.

Because popularity of a game has ever denoted the quality of the title? Come on man. Even as someone who's playing a lot I can't say this is an excellent loot based ARPG. It just scratches an itch. It has nothing on Path of Exile, Diablo or any number of other games from its heritage.
images

Because popularity of a game has ever denoted the quality of the title? Come on man. Even as someone who's playing a lot I can't say this is an excellent loot based ARPG. It just scratches an itch. It has nothing on Path of Exile, Diablo or any number of other games from its heritage.

Each to their own i guess, i though Diablo was boring as shit.
I know im in the minority.

No the joke didn't go over my head. Klyka was saying the game is super popular. "rolls eyes" clearly a 5/10 with an additional stab at Angry Joe I'm assuming.

Each to their own i guess, i though Diablo was boring as shit.
I know im in the minority.

That's fine to think it was boring as shit, but the breadth of content and variation is what sets it apart on every level. Enemies having modifiers for example and a wider range of difficulty levels. That MUST be added if they are going to keep going down the loot based ARPG route. Enemy groups need to be potentially different at every engagement so it changes how you play otherwise it gets stagnant. It's going to be a hugely uphill battle for Massive to turn this into a really solid loot based ARPG and the biggest reason is because they slapped Tom Clancy on it, which restricted the potential directions they could go with the game massively.

Underground will be their real shot at turning this game into what it needs to be, but that's a long way off.

pun was intended.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

I'm having way more fun with this game than any Diablo game.

but there's a big difference between being unable to say the game's an excellent loot based arpg, & saying it's mediocre, or poor, right? some of these negative reviews seem unable to acknowledge that there's might be an area in between the extremes :) ...

i mean, simply on the basis of the game being a graphical & technical accomplishment, i feel the game deserves more respect than some've shown it...

I'm having way more fun with this game than any Diablo game.

I'm not trying to be negative, I enjoy the game. I think it has tons of potential. I mean hell I have 2+ days played. I'm not another person coming in to shit on the game. I just hate that many in the Destiny threads and Division threads are so willing to hand waive any and all criticism. Criticism from the community is what puts pressure on the devs to actually move the game in the direction we want.

They should make it so named or elites have random modifiers liek Diablo 2 and Path of Exile. Like "wealthy" drops better loot or "incendiary" deals extra fire damage or "Armored" nearby allied mobs have double the armor. ect ect ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom