• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kin5290

Does anyone ever use sidearms?
All the time, they're very useful when you need a target dead right now and you don't have time to reload your primary weapon.

You can switch to your sidearm faster than you can between primary weapons, I believe.

Has anyone else taken the time to pick up all the collectibles ? I have the base at 100% and completed every zone and have them all showing on my map...but running around picking them all up seems like a chore.

My current project. Three more sections to go!

MrDaravon

Went into the DZ solo for the first time at level 20 just to get the mission marker for it out of the way. None of this is news to anyone, but my impressions:

-Shit seems fucking impossible solo, I ran into no other human players but it is literally goddamn nonstop purple enemies in the extraction zone, every time I ran my pulse it was pulling up 15+ threats. Was an enormous pain in the ass ever getting anything actually extracted just because there were so many NPCs.

-The DZ vendor stuff seems to make no sense for what rank/level you have to be to buy it in terms of what the items actually are.

-Items extracting to your stash is perfectly fine in theory, except your stash size is for ants. I nearly filled it up in like 15-20 minutes in there, and that was me playing solo and having a hell of a time dealing with adds, I can't imagine how fast that thing fills in team play.

Continuing to enjoy the game (level 20, about 2/3rds of the non-DZ map cleared) but unless the daily/challenge missions REALLY grab me it I'm probably gonna be done with it, at least for a good while. I don't have enough friends on my platform (PS4) to have a regular group, and endgame doesn't seem ideal at all for solo and while there's matchmaking I've already started having really poor matchmaking experiences lately (people not moving, getting kicked for perceived slights and/or no reason etc.

105.Will

Just had a guy kill me with one shot through a building in the DZ. He's been cleaning up the entire server. Anyone else see anything like this? I'm assuming he's hacking.

ramyeon

New High level camo:

zr0L59P.jpg

New low level camo:

60VC912.jpg
Wait, so the Skin you can buy from the Vendor depends on your level? Is that why I've been getting different ones?

Apt101

Damn I'm hooked. Can't stop playing.

I did a mission that gave 500 medical resources! Upgraded my wing, now I have a heal, an aid station, and a group heal + revive. I am super medic.

Apt101

Just had a guy kill me with one shot through a building in the DZ. He's been cleaning up the entire server. Anyone else see anything like this? I'm assuming he's hacking.

On PC? I saw two level 30's complaining about some hacker while I was in a safe house. Sounds like the same thing: one-shotting through walls.

Tovarisc

Wait, so the Skin you can buy from the Vendor depends on your level? Is that why I've been getting different ones?

Yeah. There is several level ranges for that cosmetics vendor, this results in different weapon paints. Above level 21, below level 21 and below 12 are at least known ranges afaik.

Pachimari

Just bought the game, about to download and install.

Should I just walk around and explore with total strangers as a lvl. 1 to begin with?

Stats are maybe more evenly spread out than they should be

Not sure whether to try the Lexington daily. Guaranteed yellow gear sounds great, but I don't wanna be the guy who matchmakes in, dies 10 times on the first wave, then drops out.

Leveling up an alt for when my fiance is busy. Last 3 missions have had an afk person who just does nothing the whole mission and for some reason the leader never kicks.

Tovarisc

Should I just walk around and explore with total strangers as a lvl. 1 to begin with?

If you want to matchmake for random leveling up partner, why not?

How do you get 50? I thought CM only gives 30 PC

30PC from doing CM and 15PC from doing daily CM => 45PC for clearing daily CM for first time. After that it gives 30PC / clear.

Edit: Or is it 20PC extra for daily CM? Never paid that much attention.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
An idea I had.

So far the High End Weapons and armor can be kinda underwhelming. I propose a tier above High End, called Division Shade Tech or something.

You can only equip one of these at a time (still unsure if one weapon, one armor -- or just armor, or if there will even be any weapons associated with this)

Reason being, ISAC can only handle one piece of shade tech equipment at any given time.

And you can go wild with the perks. Maybe a chest piece that lets you auto revive when down. Or a holster/backpack that speeds up weapon switching and reloads the weapon on your back. Stuff with a crazy amount of impact.

I support this. Anything to reinforce unique items that change builds. Kinda like Diablo legendaries, but probably less crazy than Destiny exotics.

Tovarisc

Stats are maybe more evenly spread out than they should be

Not sure whether to try the Lexington daily. Guaranteed yellow gear sounds great, but I don't wanna be the guy who matchmakes in, dies 10 times on the first wave, then drops out.

Give that CM a try! Lexington and Lincoln are easiest CM's in the game and looking at your stats you should be fine in there. Just play smart and use cover, don't rush around.

Some pointers:
  • When inside and clearing first room that has enemies keep in mind that initially there is 2 shotgun rusher and spawn wave right after that has 2 shotgun rushers more. Third and last wave in that room has heavy.
  • On roof there is 2 snipers and 2 heavies, keep eye out on for snipers as they hit for A LOTS of damage!
  • Room after roof has shotgun dudes in every wave! Initial 2, then 2 more from spawn at right from entrance and 2 more from door right opposite from entrance!
  • Final boss room is easy. At beginning there is 2 snipers at back so take them out, then just play smart.

Wait, is the Caduceus a random drop?

Dropped from the final Bounty Hunt literally 5 minutes after I hit level 30, assumed it was a drop from the mission.

Klyka

Banned
So guys, we are more than 1 week from the release day now.

Many of us have already done all the content there is, many others are still leveling.

What's the current verdict then?
A game well bought? Mixed feelings? Pure regret?

For me personally, I have 60 hours played and just did the last mission today.
I had great times so far and hope to play a bit every day and then get back into it more again each time new content releases.

Many of us have already done all the content there is, many others are still leveling.

I had great times so far and hope to play a bit every day and then get back into it more again each time new content releases.

70+ hours played. The most fun I've had all year in gaming. Can't wait for the DLC (and that wait won't be long).

erawsd

I'm only level 27 and the game timer says I've played for 49 hours, so regardless of what the endgame look like its money well spent for me. That said, its absolutely not a perfect game and there are many areas (particularly side quests, bosses, talents) that I'd like to see improved as the game evolves and adds more content.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
No scarf in the Appearence vendor for me, worrying, I hope that means I just happen to have the one they were selling already and not that I've got them all. Does anyone know what the scarf they were selling was?

Also this "multicam - Rogue" camo looks sweet, it's no plain orange, but I might pick up one for each weapon.

Does anyone ever use sidearms?

Sawed off shotguns are amazing if you can get one. Outside of that I use a marksman/sniper in my primary slot and use the sidearm kills give you 30 ammo back while in the DZ.

Unfortunately it's glitched currently for sawed off, and they don't work with the talent even though they are a sidearm.

Tovarisc

Wait, woot Dont tell me I need to go to the dark zone

I got my Caduceus from random level 30 patrol in PvE side of the world, so no need to farm DZ for it. Safe and sound in my stash in case I do skill power build in future.

No scarf in the Appearence vendor for me, worrying, I hope that means I just happen to have the one they were selling already and not that I've got them all. Does anyone know what the scarf they were selling was?

What kind scarf you are looking for? I have quite few different colored normal scarfs and shemaghs. Simple shemagh is current favorite, it being dark green and all.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Has anyone else taken the time to pick up all the collectibles ? I have the base at 100% and completed every zone and have them all showing on my map...but running around picking them all up seems like a chore.
Yes, I have everything. Really easy to do after clearing the map of missions/side ops.

It really fleshes out the world, and I enjoyed all the phone calls and echoes. Favorite one was
simply 4 men singing silent night in an alley next to a drum fire.

The jackets you unlock are pretty cool. Rocking a rose jacket now.

Naite

Well my group of randoms abandoned me during the daily challenge right after the part of getting off the elevator.

I'm currently soloing using the elevator exploit but I don't think i'll be able to do the next part with it.

Man the player leveling in the DZ is pure bullshit. I was in DZ02 and there was this dude one shoting everyone. He must've killed everyone in the game many times. He killed me at least 3 times.

Fucking bullshit.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well my group of randoms abandoned me during the daily challenge right after the part of getting off the elevator.

I'm currently soloing using the elevator exploit but I don't think i'll be able to do the next part with it.

I'm with a group now on the daily Police Academy and they are all acting like dipshits. I bet they kick me before the boss is killed.

Tovarisc

What's the recoil like on that vector.. Maybe worth waiting for an ACR or AUG blueprint ?

It has weird horizontal hops that you have zero control over, even horizontal stability mods won't do shit to those. But lack of vertical climb makes it very good spray weapon, and with good roll it's very powerful weapon. If you can afford PC and mats craft few for good roll.

I will swap Vector for AUG when ilvl 31 AUG comes available.

Kadin

I don't know if my ISP is just chugging right now or what but the pic above takes forever to load.

And that's pretty terrible yet I've heard of it happening numerous times. I've had good luck overall with matchmaking but this always scares me.

Namikaze1

Well, that was a bit exciting. Managed to beat the rooftop battle with just three while our fourth was having connection issues. All three dailies done.

Started either soloing the Daily Hard missions or doing them with people on my friends list now that I'm getting geared up pretty nicely. Complaints of people getting booted right before the boss dies seem to be getting more widespread from what I've seen. Not sure what the best way for Massive to tackle it would be though with the way they have their entire grouping system setup. Must be infuriating so I definitely feel for you guys/girls who have gone through it. Definitely not going to do matchmaking for Challenge Mode once I'm prepared, that would be even more rage inducing if it happens there. Freaking trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom