• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatDH

What am I missing with the Gear Mods or whatever they are called? I've gotten 2 during my travels, even crafted a specialized one, so I have 3 total, but I am not seeing any opportunity to equip them? I can equip weapon mods obviously, no problems there, but with this gear mods, none of my other items in my inventory give the option to Mod. It is grayed out on everything. Do I need to be a higher level? I Just hit Level 12.

Also just a random question, but is there anything to be gained from the Shooting Range in the security wing? I checked it out very quickly back when I first enabled it (around Level 5 or 6), and the best I got was 8 before I just moved on. Is there any benefit to getting a certain level in the shooting range?

Later on in the game gear will have mod slots. The mods you're getting now are pretty much useless so just sell/dismantle them.

What am I missing with the Gear Mods or whatever they are called? I've gotten 2 during my travels, even crafted a specialized one, so I have 3 total, but I am not seeing any opportunity to equip them? I can equip weapon mods obviously, no problems there, but with this gear mods, none of my other items in my inventory give the option to Mod. It is grayed out on everything. Do I need to be a higher level? I Just hit Level 12.

Also just a random question, but is there anything to be gained from the Shooting Range in the security wing? I checked it out very quickly back when I first enabled it (around Level 5 or 6), and the best I got was 8 before I just moved on. Is there any benefit to getting a certain level in the shooting range?

It seems mod slots are sort of rare on armor. I'm level 24 and I usually only have one or two pieces of armor that have a mod slot at a time. Must become more common on higher tier armor.

Deku Tree

gbZ2nr2.jpg

Sniff Sniff. Cant get the last trophy because its glitched.

How did the 0.1% get it then?

Via reddit--I'm guessing that this will be patched. Seems like shotgun pellets each have the 50% chance applied?

t0R4C27.gif

So if a shotgun shell fires 12 pellets, that's basically 12 chances to readd the shell to your inventory...or did he just get insanely lucky on his rolls?

Mentok

Banned
Went into the DZ for the first time today, got up to DZ level 18 and killed about 5 bosses. I mean it was fun, but the gear was terrible (all blues) and lower than what I have. Even the merchants are selling worse stuff than what I have. On top of that, there wasn't much PvP as we were all so focused on the waves of enemies that keep coming at you..so I think I'll get to level 30 first, then hopefully roll with some GAFfers to kill all the bosses and roam around in the DZ and do hard missions..

ryanofcall

Wow matchmaking is a B for me today. I keep getting matched up with level 30s for darkzone... I'm level 29 - so whenever I join the Dark zone, I'm not in the same server because 25-29 is not with level 30...
It even teleports me into DZs safehouses then I have to leave the DZ by myself again to matchmake again...

edit: tried about 15 times now - always with level 30s... help?

Kadin

Just hit 30 and starting to finish up my wings and it seems I'm short 40 supplies to finish up Medical. Any ideas what I might be missing here?

Kadin

Do encounters or side missions. You will end up having more supplies than you need.
I'm a moron. I still have a couple safe houses that I haven't even unlocked yet. Yeah I'm just gonna tuck my head down and walk outta here in shame...

Leyasu

Banned
Playing the DZ as two teams earlier was great. Yeah some people want more PvP, but I like the DZ even more when rolling as an even bigger squad.

I hope that massive give us some options. Where we can choose to either do dz on servers that have pvp, or servers that are pure pve and you are forced to team up against bigger,harder mobs..

My wife and I finally hit level 30 the other night. Working on getting to DZ level 50, I came across the Midas last night. My wife was fairly jealous it didn't drop for her. Going to run DZ all night after work in search for hers. :p
The Midas sucks now. They disabled the OP perk.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How the fuck do I get this Unknow Signal just outside Camp Hudson? I can't see no doors or ladders in.

TheAznOne

So far I'm DZ Rank 22 after hitting Rank 30 last night. Today was so far good in drops and never met any Rogue agents in the DZ. My last extraction, there was 7 agents besides myself trying to extract. Very tense moment when the extraction began. All was peaceful in the end tho.

If anyone needs a person for a DZ runs, feel free to add me on PS4. I do have a mic also.

GT: TheAznOne420

Playing the DZ as two teams earlier was great. Yeah some people want more PvP, but I like the DZ even more when rolling as an even bigger squad.

I hope that massive give us some options. Where we can choose to either do dz on servers that have pvp, or servers that are pure pve and you are forced to team up against bigger,harder mobs..

I hope they don't. Dark zone needs to stay as is. Why don't you just play challenge missions if you want PvE?

Sullichin

It's difficult for me to give up First Aid as one of my abilities but it's kinda lame when I could be doing cooler stuff with that slot.

elelunicy

Wow matchmaking is a B for me today. I keep getting matched up with level 30s for darkzone... I'm level 29 - so whenever I join the Dark zone, I'm not in the same server because 25-29 is not with level 30...
It even teleports me into DZs safehouses then I have to leave the DZ by myself again to matchmake again...

edit: tried about 15 times now - always with level 30s... help?
Just use group management and join their dark zone. I'm level 14 atm and I have to join the 15-19 bracket very often. Matchmaking once threw me in a group with one level 16 and one level 20. That's three people across three different brackets lol.

inthrall

Totally tried out that grenade trick on an extraction last night, got a double kill. Lost all my loot when some well geared player hunted me down, but was still worth it

Frillen

As long as one person is still in the instance it will stay going and you can rejoin, if everyone gets kicked out, or if you are alone and get kicked out it resets it.

Fuck this game. We took out the last boss, and a fucking yellow dropped for the first time for me personally. Of course the game decided to kick me with an error message. When I came back in, I spawned exactly where I got kicked out from, but the mission was over, and the yellow was fucking gone! Can't remember the last time I have been this furious. Fuck you massive. The only positive thing is that I still got the Phoenix Credits. I think I'm cursed when it comes to yellow drops. I never had one in Destiny either even though I played it for 100+ hours.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Fuck this game. We took out the last boss, and a fucking yellow dropped for the first time for me personally. Of course the game decided to kick me with an error message. When I came back in, I spawned exactly where I got kicked out from, but the mission was over, and the yellow was fucking gone! Can't remember the last time I have been this furious. Fuck you massive. The only positive thing is that I still got the Phoenix Credits. I think I'm cursed when it comes to yellow drops. I never had one in Destiny either even though I played it for 100+ hours.

If it makes you feel better, the drop was probably a red dot sight with accuracy + optimal range.

Leyasu

Banned
I hope they don't. Dark zone needs to stay as is. Why don't you just play challenge missions if you want PvE?
I'm not 30 yet. I also said that a choice between the two would satisfy both types of players.

A 12 man squad in the DZ against huge mobs would be awesome I reckon and something that I would love to play.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So if a shotgun shell fires 12 pellets, that's basically 12 chances to readd the shell to your inventory...or did he just get insanely lucky on his rolls?

I think he just got luck. I'll have to test with a shotgun, but I've similar "endless clips" using a marksman rifle in the shooting range.

Liamc723

Seriously, how am I meant go get groups of enemies spawning in the Dark Zone?

I'll encounter like a group of 3 random enemies and that's it. Nothing else. The place is deserted 90% of the time for me. I really don't see the point to it.

Klyka

Banned
Seriously, how am I meant go get groups of enemies spawning in the Dark Zone?

I'll encounter like a group of 3 random enemies and that's it. Nothing else. The place is deserted 90% of the time for me. I really don't see the point to it.

go to landmarks that are purple on your map.

they'll have spawned enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom