• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

During the beta I would roll around with one and just kill NPCs.

Honestly I havent seen a good reason to use them...well in any game with guns aside from stuff like in Gears, Halo, or Borderlands, where they can be more powerful and more accurate than having a smg/rifle.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Honestly I havent seen a good reason to use them...well in any game with guns aside from stuff like in Gears, Halo, or Borderlands, where they can be more powerful and more accurate than having a smg/rifle.

Yea at the higher levels, the pistols are useless. The sawed off shotgun is a pretty good damage dealer however. It pains me that enemies roll around with pistols and can quickly down you if you're careless, or their flawless aim. The enemies in infamous don't have shit on the npc's in The Division in terms of accuracy. It's crazy sometimes

Tovarisc

Does anyone ever use sidearms?

It's faster to swap from primary to sidearm than from primary to primary, so I quite often use sidearm to finish off weak enemies. Good sidearm with that damage buff to <30% HP enemies does a lots of damage / shot.

------
thedivision_2016_03_1skjjq.png

Klyka

Banned
It's faster to swap from primary to sidearm than from primary to primary, so I quite often use sidearm to finish off weak enemies. Good sidearm with that damage buff to <30% HP enemies does a lots of damage / shot.

------
thedivision_2016_03_1skjjq.png

If you look up, the sign directly above where you are looking at says "I own U"

very cool

pringles

Strangest DZ run today. Me and a friend were roaming through the subways, killing elite enemies and opening dozens of chests. Nothing but blues and greens. But 3 extractions in a row, a random enemy would drop a superior item for me. Nothing amazing, just kneepads twice and a weapon mod, but they're the only superiors I've found and he hasn't found a single one, so it was kinda crazy. Dropped in almost exactly the same spot, 5-10 seconds before extraction arrived each time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man had to leave Challenge mode. Those brusiers in the tunnels were destroying us. I'll need to get my DPS up alot more.

Some pics I took today.

WJHWJ4.png

eru0FK.png

Pd15Dg.png

Olengie

Was at the Sports Store with my friends and a bunch of other Agents. Someone accidentally got shot (probably me or my friend) and it suddenly became an all out firefight between Non Hostile and "Rogues" lol.

grapper

Neo Member
Only 8 hours in, but man this game is amazing. The atmosphere is just superb, and most missions are just correctly balanced. Always a challenge. Seems to be very deep in terms of progression/rpg elements as well. It has surpassed my expectations, hope to feel the same 50 hours in.

Tawpgun

An idea I had.

So far the High End Weapons and armor can be kinda underwhelming. I propose a tier above High End, called Division Shade Tech or something.

You can only equip one of these at a time (still unsure if one weapon, one armor -- or just armor, or if there will even be any weapons associated with this)

Reason being, ISAC can only handle one piece of shade tech equipment at any given time.

And you can go wild with the perks. Maybe a chest piece that lets you auto revive when down. Or a holster/backpack that speeds up weapon switching and reloads the weapon on your back. Stuff with a crazy amount of impact.

They need to add a number button for resource crafting. I have over 1000 resources that need to be changed from green to blue to yellow. This shit is tedious, especially due to the back prompt after crafting.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Are there any DivsionGAF Tutorial posts similar to the ones that were written up for DestinyGAF in the early days of Destiny? I found those invaluable and I'm *just* finally getting started with The Division.

Edit: It was the Tips and Tricks Volumes 1 through 4 written by Hawkian in DestinyGAF. Anything analogous for The Division just yet?

Nodnol

Work has hampered my play time, though I've still managed to solo the Hard dailies each day. Got enough PC for one of the weapon blueprints, but they don't really do it for me.

Do we know when they'll refresh their stock? Same with the guy at the back of the security wing; I don't want to drop 400k credits on Cassidy or whatever the other one is.

Still only had one HE drop so far, but I know there guys out there struggling with RNGesus, so I won't complain.

Gold_Loot

OK. Wait a minute.. I'm either going crazy, or the area around the BoO looks a bit different. Like the cera state banners and the missing people posters all around the arena opposite of the BoO.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Tip Browsing through the menus likes of clothes where you have loads if you push down on the d-pad and left stick at the same time it will go through the list alot quicker.

Also an obvious one but not many people seem to use it. Coming up and down a ladder can be done quick by holding sprint button. Coming down you will slide and going up is a little faster.

thenameDS

The Lexington mission is glitched. No one can open the door after defeating the enemies at the start, tried with 3 different match made groups already..

thenameDS

Silly question, but have you released the JTF guy?
On all 3 attempts the guy got killed, but the woman says to carry on with the mission on the radio.

Finding this very strange because I've done this mission on challenging 4 times before this and the guy never gets shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom