• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32s my ass :(

Gonna leave the challenges for now unless I can party up with 2 or 3. Also gonna have to try them in the daytime, trying it without voice comms was probably a stupid idea and I can't chat this late :p

I've been spending a lot of time in the DZ lately and I wonder, what's the incentive for me and my team to go higher than DZ01/02 ?

I mean, the loot drop rate is the same whatever zone you're in (and has been mostly shit for me), except you'll get killed a lot more if you wander into DZ04/05/06.

Am I missing something here ? Do the named enemies in the higher zones drop more phoenix coins, maybe ?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone know how to fix the glitch for not picking drops up? I have 3 purples. :(

Fast travel close by and run back?

Edit: That works! Stuff still there.

Tovarisc

Seems like everyone ignoring skill...sounds like it needs some balancing.

Skill power and skill based build can be very powerful as it's, just meant for people who like to play support with buffing and debuffing. Good example of what high skill power build can do for group; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDqk6Py4QZc

Do you get a greater share of the rewards in a smaller group? Or is kicking pure trolling?

Just trolling.

Finally reached level 30 last night. Upgraded every wings to 100%. Precisely took me 2 weeks.
E0FC7296F1CA50D923CA773D32943D9D458A7A81

Apt101

I used my group revive on a boss fight and got accused of cheating, called "big filthy n-word" and kicked. Fucking kids.

Edit: for reference, people say I sound like a white surfer dude often, so I have no idea where the racism thing was coming from.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So I was just checking out the trophies for this game and was wondering: Is the trophy "What Needs to Be Done" tied to a story mission? I beat the story mission with a recommended level 24, upon which I got a tape of Charles Bliss, but the trophy didn't pop. Wrong tape?

So, anyone else on PS4 running into a problem on the Napalm Production Site mission in the area where you start the detonation sequence? Its a funnel for all the enemies to run in and there is a stair case up to some cover which would be the ideal spot. Funny thing is, every time I try to get to the stair case I fall through the world.

Naite

Well it took a while but I was somehow able to solo the last half of the challenging daily. Involved slowly strafing around corners while scoped in with the markmans rifle until I can just barely see their heads. As long as your'e not snapped to cover, the enemy AI barely responds to it and you get free headshots. Used with first aid and pulse as safety nets.

Can someone please save my life? Please tell me how to get the ECHO that's just east of Chelsea Park, between W 23rd and W 24th? I can't for the life of me figure out how to get into the building and it's making me want to punch a baby in the soft spot. Losing my mind here.

I'm the first one of my friends to reach 30, so that means I have to go solo until they catch up. I know the group cap is only temporary, but it's annoying.

I also don't really understand the DZ. I ran around solo for more than an hour killing NPCs all over the place and didn't see a single other player. However the second I had something decent to extract a group of 4 showed up and stole my shit. That was pretty fucking annoying since I had been extracting blues without anybody bothering me before that. But as soon as I get a purple, I see people for the first time in over an hour and they kill me. WTF. Does the game spawn other people into my DZ when it can tell I have something of worth? Or was that just a bad coincidence for me?

Kadin

Can someone please save my life? Please tell me how to get the ECHO that's just east of Chelsea Park, between W 23rd and W 24th? I can't for the life of me figure out how to get into the building and it's making me want to punch a baby in the soft spot. Losing my mind here.
Can't get it until the very end of the game. I spent about an hour looking as well before I asked about it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What the fuck ubi, why can my enemies see and shoot with 100% accuracy in a thick ass fog when we can't see shit 30 ft in front of us?

Makes a 3-4 man mission on normal fucking impossible.

NPC sniper vent rage.

Kalentan

Damascus was that handgun, right? Save mats. I made one and within 1h got better sidearm from DZ.

You sure? I find the Damascus to be amazing, more so if you got crit damage. It has little to no recoil and with one good crit silencer, you can easily do 20k per head shot with it.

Tainted

6.7 from IGN

Ouch

Seemed like a fairly accurate review of the game in its current state. Some of the criticism was similar to Total Biscuits' (eg The realistic setting/weapons not gelling with the RPG aspects).

I haven't really played much of the Dark Zone....but it sounds like they need to rebalance the risk/reward of going rogue in there pronto. The rogue system is the only thing that makes it semi interesting (at least for me), and if everyone is too scared to go rogue, it just more or less becomes a PvE zone with lots of other players to help you out.

Tovarisc

You sure? I find the Damascus to be amazing, more so if you got crit damage. It has little to no recoil and with one good crit silencer, you can easily do 20k per head shot with it.

My purple Colt does something like 55k headshots when used to finish off weak enemies.

Edit: False info above. I actually crafted high-end Colt. Before that I did use legendary one too, it also hit a lot more than Damascus.

Apt101

Seemed like a fairly accurate review of the game in its current state.

Yea. It's fair and all, but the game is still fun as hell. I think the two best things they could do is open the world up a bit, so that players come across each other while out in the wild, and add some random events. The dark zone stuff I don't know, I still haven't been in there.

arhra

They need to add a number button for resource crafting. I have over 1000 resources that need to be changed from green to blue to yellow. This shit is tedious, especially due to the back prompt after crafting.

A quick tip that doesn't really help the tedium, but means you don't have to pay attention while doing it: hold the button to craft (A on Xbox, presumably X on PS4, no idea about PC), and just tap the back button (B/circle/whatever). It'll keep going until you run out of lower-level materials.

Is anyone else having a problem with fast traveling? There have been several times where my wife has tried fast traveling to me or a location but it doesn't work at all. She has to log out and log back in for it to start working again. :/

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Seemed like a fairly accurate review of the game in its current state. Some of the criticism was similar to Total Biscuits' (eg The realistic setting/weapons not gelling with the RPG aspects).

I haven't really played much of the Dark Zone....but it sounds like they need to rebalance the risk/reward of going rogue in there pronto. The rogue system is the only thing that makes it semi interesting (at least for me), and if everyone is too scared to go rogue, it just more or less becomes a PvE zone with lots of other players to help you out.

I agree it had very valid points, score just seems a bit on the low side. I'd have given it a 7-7.5

DirtyLarry

So I am sure this was already figured out, but just in case, I found if you equip the paramedic Backpack that gives you the extra 2 medkits, stock up from the BoO, then unequip, you get the keep the extra 2 med kits. Trick works everywhere as well, so if you are roaming, pick a medkit but have a different backpack with room, equip the paramedic one real quick, get the medkit, equip other one and you keep the medkit.

Again, I am 95% sure everyone already knew this, but I figured just in case I would share.

Tovarisc

SOCOM M1A is atm sold in safe house in Gramercy. There is one in Midtown East's safe house too, but one in Gramercy has borderline better talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom