• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

Is anyone else on PC having troubles with the patch? It never prompted me to download the patch, but it let me log in, then crashed as soon as I opened the map. I talked to a vendor, and he wasn't selling anything. His inventory was literally empty. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Tactial Hoodie. Got another with white sleeves as well called Soft Tactial Hoodie.

F0T7YgU.png

Nice. I think I have it. I'm not sure. Got some nice pants that go great with it.

Audioboxer

Hah just seen in the patch notes you can how heal neutrals in the dark zone. Didn't know you couldn't previously. Was running around throwing healing stations at people thinking I was helping.

So do we have any actual hard dates for new content?

Does the Incursion have a date? What about the large April update with trading and other additions?

Xbudz

If I have 2 level 30 characters, can I do the daily mission twice and get double pheonix credits? The pheonix credits seem to be shared across multiple characters so I dont know if that would work.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
gonna stop darkzone now...too many rogues...boring

I have had the most amazing times in the DZ since the patch: it's like a constant back and forward with other teams, as they try to kill you and you try to get revenge for them taking your best loot drop ever.... so much feels of tension.

This is how I envisaged the DZ being at launch, so much more fun now.

If they beef up the Phoenix drops, well... it'll be near perfect (along with some structured PvP at some stage perhaps in Brooklyn or something).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If I have 2 level 30 characters, can I do the daily mission twice and get double pheonix credits? The pheonix credits seem to be shared across multiple characters so I dont know if that would work.

I believe so. You could do 4 characters lol.

Pandy

Farmed BK for about 2 full hours yesterday, close to giving up he finally delivered teh whopper. Then about 1 hour later I deconstructed by accident when I was cleaning out inventory.....

Decided to hit the drive thru 5 more times before going to bed last night, 1st kill after I destroyed the Cad and another Cad dropped! And this one was better stats too!

BK, you will forever be remembered, shine brightly in the frigid skies over NYC.
I didn't like the focussed grind aspect, which is why I stayed clear of the loot cave in Destiny, but seeing as I had half an hour to kill before the patch I thought I'd give it a go.

No Cad for me, but I was surprised by how much fun I was having. It was a fun little challenge aiming to wipe him out ASAP without killing or being killed by his guards, the variety of AI reactions made things interesting and it never played out quite the same way (I've got a high stamina build, so he always had a few seconds to take cover before his armour vanished).

Filled up my backpack a couple of times then wiped them out. RIP BK.

Left me wishing for a specific 'challenge/time attack' mode with small levels like that. Also, Hostage Rescues where the hostages aren't invincible, forcing you to plan an assault and use flashbangs/tear gas and check your fire. With a few small tweaks there's a lot that could be done with the game to make it more "Clancy-esque", or whatever.

Deku Tree

I think doing each daily twice fits with how many hours I can spend playing. Can anyone confirm this works?

Yes Gothalion the twitch streamer says that it works. He made a video about it. It's on Youtube.

PC are account wide, and the daily missions can be done on each character.

He thinks that (1) the Incursions will have a weekly lockout (unconfirmed), and (2) if all you want to do is the daily hard story missions then you can get 30 PC per day per four characters so you can get up to 120 PC per day with four characters.

UCBooties

Got in last night and had a much better time, performance-wise. Got the Home base up and running, ran the madison square garden mission with two randoms (one was in full Leeroy Jenkins mode the whole time) and got up to level six wandering around doing random encounters and looking for weapon part zones.

I think I'm hooked.

Frillen

Holy shit, just wanted to craft a new Black Market AK74 to see if I had any luck. DPS went from 126k to 189k. Three fucking awesome talents.

+ 24% headshot damage

+ 46% accuracy

+ 13% critical hit chance if at full health

Lawd.

Namikaze1

Did both Hard dailies last night but for some reason Grand Central Station was still up for me ten minutes ago. Got another 15 PC from it. Free PC. Can't complain.

catspit

I don't think getting PC is the hard part.. It's getting all the mats to make the damn stuff (multiple times for good rolls)

Leyasu

Banned
With the gear imbalance right now you 90% of the time meet people with far superior gear if you matchmake random.

Ive got plenty dps and gear but every1 in my group always do half or less...

As it is now pvp is pointless unless you do a premade with equally geared people.

They should give us two DZs. One which is PvPvE and the other pure PvE and tweak the AI accordingly.

mosdl

Got in last night and had a much better time, performance-wise. Got the Home base up and running, ran the madison square garden mission with two randoms (one was in full Leeroy Jenkins mode the whole time) and got up to level six wandering around doing random encounters and looking for weapon part zones.

I think I'm hooked.

Matchmaking is funny in regards to territories - once had an German, Dutch and 2 US. Games truly uniting the world.

catspit

They should give us two DZs. One which is PvPvE and the other pure PvE and tweak the AI accordingly.

That would separate the community. And lower the risk for one half. I don't think it would be a good idea unless the pve only DZ had lower gear level drops.

Leyasu

Banned
That would separate the community. And lower the risk for one half. I don't think it would be a good idea unless the pve only DZ had lower gear level drops.
Or the pure PvE had just top level enemies.

It could be tweaked in such a that death meant that your gear disappears. Same as losing it to rogues.

I can do lexington CM in under 20 minutes with a strong group. But often I go into MM and it takes an hour or so to do it because MM. It is frustrating to know that you could do something 3-4 times in the time it took you to do it once because of MM.

...and I have found very competent players using MM and stormed through CM. This increasing idea that playing with "randoms" and public MM in games is an all bad/terrible time wasting experience is silly.

Is it just me or is the Accuracy stat on weapon attachments weighted insanely high? What does accuracy really do that is so powerful, decrease bullet spread? Seems to me that crit% and other stats would be more useful.

Also, is there a way to farm electronics by sending all your junk to an alt to sell and then buy greens? What level does the alt have to be at to buy gear mods?

T.O.P

Banned
...and I have found very competent players using MM and stormed through CM. This increasing idea that playing with "randoms" and public MM in games is an all bad/terrible time wasting experience is silly.

Pretty much, i had amazing pugs in this game so far, lots of people using headsets on PC helps as well

Deku Tree

Sure. Of course. I agree. I have had the same experiences. It's a little bit of RNG what you are going to get.

Frenden

Banned
I leveled an alt to 6 to blue-mule for weapon parts. Get crap purples on your main? Stash. Sell with alt. Buy blues. Transfer to main. Profit in mats.

So once you buy the blueprint for an item you can craft it over and over just using resources/mats and not PC right?

I don't have to rebuy the blueprint each time?

GamingKaiju

Hi guys,

Hit Lvl30 a few days ago and got my first Gold blueprint (AK47)

I'm looking at specing a build for an aggressive medic role. Is it worth it for me to start rerolling my purple gear now or to wait til I have gold tier?

If I wait I get to save my resources.

Frenden

Banned
Takes forever though :( I wish mats were account shared.

It does take a bit. You actually get more total mats by staying level 4 and buying greens to dismantle, but that is a total time screw. I'd rather save some time and QoL and use the blues and lose a little credit efficiency.

After doing the greens for a few hours, the blues feel fast, haha.

The upside of alt blue-muling is nearly unlimited rolls on gun blueprints. Worth the time loss IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom