• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

I think I like the Mk17 equally. You have WAY more in the clip with the Mk17. Yes it does way less damage per shot but you can fire at elite enemies longer without reloading.

For me getting those headshot crits is what brings down enemies quickly. I tend to find the faster more ammo based snipers take too long considering enemies jump around like crazy. 1 well place shot can be enough on a more powerful sniper rifle. For faster shooting an assault rifle or SMG is best.

What sort of stats should I actually look at having to roll in the DZ with GAF? I've not really ventured in properly yet and only popped in for a look since I don't think I have the gear. Currently I'm at around 111k dps, 60k health and 10k skills. I'd go in with randoms but I'd like to at least know if we're going in clean or rogue rather than just seeing what happens.

Thats fine, I am 135kdps 65khealth and ??skill and I can tear apart mobs. I havent played since patch but before there was rarely any rogues. Just be carefully mobs can essentially one shot you in dz 4 5

10322721_10156686642270475_949847788920282061_n.jpg

That was really fun. Got a nice chest that lets me overheal with any heal skill

Leyasu

Banned
Thats fine, I am 135kdps 65khealth and ??skill and I can tear apart mobs. I havent played since patch but before there was rarely any rogues. Just be carefully mobs can essentially one shot you in dz 4 5

My stats are pretty much the same. Except that I have 27k skill.

theWB27

Not fond of this server swap. Was running with a very good 10 man group in the zone in party chat and boom, two of us get swapped. Nah...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So desperate for those phoenix credits I crawled on my knees and ended up giving Larae a 69. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pGzA0tj.gif

Not fond of this server swap. Was running with a very good 10 man group in the zone in party chat and boom, two of us get swapped. Nah...

The other night I was hunting rogues with two other people, so we were a group of three. We were in the middle of chasing down a group on a manhunt, I think there was 4 of them. We managed to kill two of them, the other two continued to flee. While in pursuit, I used my signature skill so we could run faster and gain on them. I was literally firing at the last guy about to melt him when one of our friends joined the group and it transitioned servers. They all disappeared.

Sullichin

Does the effect of the pulse stack? Everyone seems to use it. The extra damage is great, but I'm wondering if I should use something else considering I can probably count on 1-3 group members pulsing.

Honestly, Massive should adjust the instancing so if the leader drops group the party gets ported out. Stacking instances in PvE or the DZ shouldn't happen.

I checked out streams earlier when the patch was bugged and the dark zone was just like a huge FFA orgy, but what is the penalty for dieing in the dark zone now? guessing its a little less then before but still a fair bit?

Sullichin

The Dark Zone has a lot of potential and is the most unique thing about this game. But it seems like I get better rewards just running the same challenge maps again.

This is one reason why the M1A is so good: it gains the same amount of damage from Firearms as do the bolt-action rifles.

Speaking of which...

PSA: As of this post, you still have 7hrs 16mins to buy the purple First Wave M1A with Balanced and Accurate from the BoO Advanced Weaponary Vendor. Grab it before the vendor reset.

I have a M1A with higher base damage/dps that has Balanced and a perk that gives me health per kill. It's boss.

But that's definitely a fantastic M1A if you need one.

Sullichin

So apparently Firearms scale off its own base value based on weapon type, not the weapon's base damage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4auh6v/actual_formula_for_weapon_damage/

This is one reason why the M1A is so good: it gains the same amount of damage from Firearms as do the bolt-action rifles.

Speaking of which...

PSA: As of this post, you still have 7hrs 16mins to buy the purple First Wave M1A with Balanced and Accurate from the BoO Advanced Weaponary Vendor. Grab it before the vendor reset.
Superior right? I really want a high end M1A...

Around how much DPS/HP should I have before queuing for the hardest difficulty?

Depends on what role you are running. Someone posted this on reddit, and while I'm hesitant on the skill power, I've tried all three and it seems a productive baseline:

DPS: 80K+ DPS / 60k+ Health / 15k+ Skill Power
Healer: 55K+ DPS / 70k+ Health / 25k+ Skill Power
Tank: 65K+ DPS / 85k+ Health / 20k+ Skill Power

That being said, your play style has a ton to do with this. For example, when I've done support healing, I was able to play safely behind everyone with much less health and higher dps while maintaining a good skill power.

It also depends on your group. Especially your DPS mark. Perks on weapons and gear can completely change things as well, with things like elite protection/damage, armor increases, etc. all playing into how you can adjust core stats. I really want to look into the mitigating power of armor more, as it actually seems quite strong in most situations unless enemies are using special shots.

But basically, at 100k+ damage with a good crit vector you are doing pretty quick work of normal enemies in CM's. At 60K+ health you are able to at least survive a mid-ranged shotgun blast if you were caught out of cover without correctly moving between areas.

FinKL

So desperate for those phoenix credits I crawled on my knees and ended up giving Larae a 69. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pGzA0tj.gif

Wait....Can you kill Larae, die, and do it again? Probably not worth it considering there are like 5 waves of enemies before her...

Sullichin

Wait....Can you kill Larae, die, and do it again? Probably not worth it considering there are like 5 waves of enemies before her...

She does respawn, if you die after killing her but before the "Kill the rest of these motherfuckers" objective, the boss comes back. But yeah, probably not really worth it

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
She does respawn, if you die after killing her but before the "Kill the rest of these motherfuckers" objective, the boss comes back. But yeah, probably not really worth it

Might try that. Kind of a breeze now with the whole mission only taking 10 minutes solo.

Cob32

I reckon it might be worth trying on hard solo. I reckon I could charge and put her down in one magazine.

Gonna try when I get home from work.

I don't think she drops loot if you kill her more than once.

I was in a group that killed her and then wiped to adds. Killed her again and completed the mission but she didn't drop loot the second time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't think she drops loot if you kill her more than once.

I was in a group that killed her and then wiped to adds. Killed her again and completed the mission but she didn't drop loot the second time.

Did you notice if Phoenix Credits do?

Klyka

Banned
The Dark Zone has a lot of potential and is the most unique thing about this game. But it seems like I get better rewards just running the same challenge maps again.

Fast Min/Max rewards < Fun

The Dark Zone is great now. People actually going rogue, proper betrayals and shit.
It's great.

IMACOMPUTA

They should have separate DZ instances based upon how many people are in your party. It's unfair to have any 4v1 or 3v1 or 3v2 encounters etc.

This would also solve the problem of getting booted from your group, and then having them loot you. Because when your booted you would be immediately transferred to a solo instance.
This seems way too exploitable. I say the simpler the better.

Did you notice if Phoenix Credits do?

Nothing additional will drop. I had a similar situation happen at the Consulate. Killed the boss and and all the adds but the instance bugged and wouldn't give us the objective item to finish. So we had to kill ourselves to do the fight again. Boss dropped and there was no loot or PC. Just the objective item.

Leyasu

Banned
Does she drop 3 purples on daily as well?? Because 4 high geared players could milk that easily for crafting materials.

Three purples every 5 mins ain't to shabby.

Although I am dying to see what DZ06 drops are like now.

Iceman829

How easy is it to bring more than 4 people into same instance? I feel server swapping would get annoying.

It seems easy enough to get 6 into 1 instance, but it also depends on the time of day. I always end up playing during high traffic times in my area so it's tough. The tip is once you get your party into the DZ lock that shit down to private. You don't need that 1 guy who just randomly joins a friend to see what's up breaking up your team

1 hour going(and staying) rogue, survived 2 manhunts.

Those poor agents...7 of them trying their best to take us down, no luck.

Rewards from surviving a manhunt are still not that great.

Anyone who has 180k+ DPS what weapon are you using and what stats are you looking for on all your gear.

I have a vector + all yellows with +Crit chance and or +crit damage and I am only around 140k dps (60% crit chance). I see people soloing CM, I am definitely missing something.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Anyone who has 180k+ DPS what weapon are you using and what stats are you looking for on all your gear.

I have a vector + all yellows with +Crit chance and or +crit damage and I am only around 140k dps (60% crit chance). I see people soloing CM, I am definitely missing something.

Firearms + crit chance + crit damage + headshot + mag size + rate of fire

Audioboxer

Sacrificing electronics and probably pumping more DPS via firearms mod slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom