• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCYQ

So apparently Firearms scale off its own base value based on weapon type, not the weapon's base damage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4auh6v/actual_formula_for_weapon_damage/

AR = 1.5
LMG = 1.15
SMG = 1.5
Sniper = 6.5

This is one reason why the M1A is so good: it gains the same amount of damage from Firearms as do the bolt-action rifles.

Speaking of which...

PSA: As of this post, you still have 7hrs 16mins to buy the purple First Wave M1A with Balanced and Accurate from the BoO Advanced Weaponary Vendor. Grab it before the vendor reset.

Dot50Cal

Banned
So apparently Firearms scale off its own base value based on weapon type, not the weapon's base damage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4auh6v/actual_formula_for_weapon_damage/

This is one reason why the M1A is so good: it gains the same amount of damage from Firearms as do the bolt-action rifles.

Speaking of which...

PSA: As of this post, you still have 7hrs 16mins to buy the purple First Wave M1A with Balanced and Accurate from the BoO Advanced Weaponary Vendor. Grab it before the vendor reset.
In level 25, the weapon is showing up as 25.. Will it scale to max level?

Speaking of which...

I told a friend about that sniper yesterday and he questioned if it's worth it. He asked so many questions I just turned off the Xbox. Everyone without a better roll should grab that.

Xbudz

I had a glitch where I saw my buddy's gun floating in front of him instead of in his hands.
KmoAHqR.jpg

I made a video of it:
http://xboxclips.com/Xbudz+LIVE/9a182a93-88d4-4b49-ae1c-5b3f58a1b859

Tawpgun

Saddens me how many of you want the DZ to become just a glorified PvE space.

Before patch I wouldn't feel scared when running across other agents.

Now I do.

Now I do.

So what was the final outcome of the patch?
I lost track of everything after the rouge no xp loss madness, then the roll back.

Leyasu

Banned

Speaking of which...

I've got the classic M1A sniper. Is that the same? Better? Coz my sniper is a beast

I guess I don't understand why going rogue is so much better now? they added better rewards for surviving and less of a penalty for dying?

what kind #s are we talking about here.

I guess I don't understand why going rogue is so much better now? they added better rewards for surviving and less of a penalty for dying?

what kind #s are we talking about here.

Before there was ZERO reason to go rogue, loot drops are pointless in the dz (before this patch it appears) and you get nothing for killing or surviving. Now you get more exp for surviving and you dont lose as much exp if you die. People will still be pveing, they will just be more likely to kill you if you are alone. Pretty much exactly as the dz was supposed to be.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

Now I do.

It's quite unsettling really now... I try to never venture into the DZ with anything less than 4 If I can help it... too dangerous, loving it!

Audioboxer

Speaking of which...

Probably have to buy this. I really don't like the Mk17 sniper rifle I bought with PC and I don't have any other good ones.

Deku Tree

They should have separate DZ instances based upon how many people are in your party. It's unfair to have any 4v1 or 3v1 or 3v2 encounters etc.

This would also solve the problem of getting booted from your group, and then having them loot you. Because when your booted you would be immediately transferred to a solo instance.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
With the rogue changes, is going solo into the Dark Zone basically impossible now?

Pretty much, well no impossible: but unless you are geared like a beast, then it won't be much fun and you'll probably end up going backwards in terms of levels/DZ$.

They should have separate DZ instances based upon how many people are in your party. It's unfair to have any 4v1 or 3v1 or 3v2 encounters etc.

Yea i play 1 with friend and unless its 3 2 or 1 person group we cant really kill them. May have to group up with some randies.

Audioboxer

Grinding out these side quests to get 100% base completition is a chore. Almost done medical.

Also I've been kicked off the servers and now put in a queue? WTF?

Audioboxer

This thing keeps taunting me at the vendor as I really want a High-end marksman. the Superior Wave and Classic M1A will have to suffice for the time being, I guess.

It's too much of a sniper/assault rifle combo for my liking. I prefer slower but higher damage sniper rifles for headshot damage.

aku:jiki

I'm quite enjoying the new state of rogue things, at least as it stands right now. There are more rogues, but there's still 75%+ people who just want to mind their business and grab loot on the server, and the team that goes rogue does it literally all the time now. So easy to just avoid their skulls and not have to run into them out of nowhere!

Also nice not to lose like 2 full levels because I got unlucky and ran into the rogues...

Probably have to buy this. I really don't like the Mk17 sniper rifle I bought with PC and I don't have any other good ones.

I think I like the Mk17 equally. You have WAY more in the clip with the Mk17. Yes it does way less damage per shot but you can fire at elite enemies longer without reloading.

Iceman829

Is that cosmetic item(s) just a loot drop or do you acquire it by some other means?

Bought it one of the military packs for $5. Used some bing space dollars on spencer bucks

Pack has a pilot outfit, EOD tech suit, ghillie suit and some snow camo getup. My only issue is I wish you could slide the facemask down on the EOD tech helmet

What sort of stats should I actually look at having to roll in the DZ with GAF? I've not really ventured in properly yet and only popped in for a look since I don't think I have the gear. Currently I'm at around 111k dps, 60k health and 10k skills. I'd go in with randoms but I'd like to at least know if we're going in clean or rogue rather than just seeing what happens.

I think I like the Mk17 equally. You have WAY more in the clip with the Mk17. Yes it does way less damage per shot but you can fire at elite enemies longer without reloading.

You're not helping as before I was conflicted but now I am super conflicted on whether to use PC on it. The clip defaults at 35, right? So with mods you could push it to 40+?

Venom Fox

Banned
What level do you have to be to buy blueprints? Also I think my DZ vendors are glitched, all of the items are DZ level 30 so I can't buy them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom