• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

How do you get such high DPS with such low firearms on your vector?

You can inflate it massively by putting a ton of accuracy mods on it (not good since accuracy matters little on an SMG). But stacking crit chance and crit damage on gear and mods is hugely impactful. Probably a magazine with like 100% clip size and 20% rate of fire too.

For everyone worried about the backpack thing I was told through the grapevine that if you have the glitch you can just go to your stash and dump items into your stash until it comes back. It's a problem with the game displaying a backpack with more than 60+ items. If you log out with more than 60+ you might be in trouble though.

Mossybrew

Everyday at 5p Pacific Time the dailies reset. There are 2 hard dailies which each will reward you 15 Phoenix credits. They can only be played once a day. There is also a daily challenge mode mission, which in addition to the normal 30 PC and 1 high end item awarded for doing any mission in challenge difficulty you also get 20 additional PC for it being daily.

For farming, people usually will do challenge mode on non-dailies, with Lincoln Tunnel being a favorite to run fast to get 30, PC and 1 high end item each run. If you are a new lvl 30, the hard dailies should be manageable. The challenge mode missions will rip you a new one if you don't have a group to carry you.

Thanks for clarifying this, as a new 30 myself. I've run a few of the Hard dailies and they do seem quite manageable, but I notice they are only dropping level 30 purples. For the level 31 stuff am I just basically saving up my Phoenix Credits? Seems like it will take a while to get properly geared for Challenge mode.

R0n1n

Neo Member
You can inflate it massively by putting a ton of accuracy mods on it (not good since accuracy matters little on an SMG). But stacking crit chance and crit damage on gear and mods is hugely impactful. Probably a magazine with like 100% clip size and 20% rate of fire too.

For everyone worried about the backpack thing I was told through the grapevine that if you have the glitch you can just go to your stash and dump items into your stash until it comes back. It's a problem with the game displaying a backpack with more than 60+ items. If you log out with more than 60+ you might be in trouble though.

I just have 16% acc on my underbarrel. I guess the damage is coming from the +crit/+critdmg. 49% and 133% respectively

valkyre

Guys do you encounter issues with character movement on ps4? My movement seems to be interuoted ever so often and its driving me nuts...

I sprint and then all of a sudden my charater stops and reverts to normal running (which isnt right for this game since there is no stamina for sprinting and besides it never happened to me before).

In other cases i simply run (not sprint) i change direction slughtly and the character starts walking slowly...

Does this happen to you? I am on PS4 btw.

lt519

I just have 16% acc on my underbarrel. I guess the damage is coming from the +crit/+critdmg. 49% and 133% respectively

Haha yeah that'll do it. I went from 35%/78% to 42%/110% yesterday and went up like 20k DPS. What kind of magazine mod you using? I think headshot damage actually gets factored in too, not sure on that one though.

Shane

Guys do you encounter issues with character movement on ps4? My movement seems to be interuoted ever so often and its driving me nuts...

I sprint and then all of a sudden my charater stops and reverts to normal running (which isnt right for this game since there is no stamina for sprinting and besides it never happened to me before).

In other cases i simply run (not sprint) i change direction slughtly and the character starts walking slowly...

Had it on PC but only when it is trying to load in the area I'm going into. Solved by uping the stream distance rate (which I gather you won't have).

Thanks for clarifying this, as a new 30 myself. I've run a few of the Hard dailies and they do seem quite manageable, but I notice they are only dropping level 30 purples. For the level 31 stuff am I just basically saving up my Phoenix Credits? Seems like it will take a while to get properly geared for Challenge mode.

One recommendation for new 30 gear is to run General Assembly on Hard until you are stocked in all good purples. You won't get much PC cause only the named bosses will drop any (unless it's a hard daily rotation).

Outside that, you're best bet is to try to accumulate PC to maybe then get an HE weapon blue print from the base Special Weapons vendor (the vector is everyone's favorite). Deconstruct gear you don't need to craft into high end materials to help craft HE equip from whatever blueprints you buy. HE blueprints will yield level 31 gear. Drops in the wild can be 30 or 31.

There is an exploit that you can run to try to farm PC outside the dailies. Search around for Hutch farming exploit. It's a little tedious but can help you get a small stash of PC to get geared up to start trying challenge.

Finally, if you can group up with some friendly GAF members, maybe some can run you through CM or the DZ to get you a leg up.

ERMint13

Mostly all of it I think. Battling to find a good HE roll on the holster and gloves though -_-;

I'm battling to find lvl 31 gear haha.

It'll come in due time its just frustrating to have cleared CM probably 20+ times and lvl 35 in DZ with only my Vector and Knee pads being 31.

I might have to really sit down and grind DZ5/6 for several hours tonight to search for some better gear.

TheAznOne

Wanna play with some gaffers today so If anyone need 1 for CM or DZ runs thru the day, send me an invite or add.

Stats are Rank 30/50 @ 129k, 79k,17k. I'm on PS4

PSN: TheAznOne420

Iceman829

How are these numbers for a custom M44? Superior with high-end attachments.

Shit I wonder who drops gold.

I've been using an SRS that does about 150k a headshot. 378k a crit w/ maybe a boost and 477-510k a crit w/ 2 boosts. That's all I have to compare and It's hard to tell when people are stacking boosts on me if I'm zoomed in.

Still haven't found the gold mod?

Just an FYI if people haven't noticed you can disable your abilities like the smart cover and health boxes by tapping the ability button a second time, so when you advance hit the button to get your cooldown recharging

LiK

I'm on PS4 and I don't think I ever encountered that. Was running around for collectibles for hours a few days ago.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I've been using an SRS that does about 150k a headshot. 378k a crit w/ maybe a boost and 477-510k a crit w/ 2 boosts. That's all I have to compare and It's hard to tell when people are stacking boosts on me if I'm zoomed in.

Still haven't found the gold mod?

Just an FYI if people haven't noticed you can disable your abilities like the smart cover and health boxes by tapping the ability button a second time, so when you advance hit the button to get your cooldown recharging

No gold mod found. I think I saw about it on Reddit so gonna search there in abit.

I've got an extended mag that has +% reload speed that I use for my Vector.

I can't bring myself to trade it out for one with +% critical damage. The lightning quick reload is just so good on that gun.

WipedOut

I'm confused. How do you get more than 4 guys to do a single mission? Not capped?
I started a mission and left it open, people would join but they were afk, removed from group and a couple more joined, the other afk people never left instance and finally joined in.

I've got an extended mag that has +% reload speed that I use for my Vector.

I can't bring myself to trade it out for one with +% critical damage. The lightning quick reload is just so good on that gun.

I was in your boat, with the 80+% mag and 18+% reload speed, I until a crafted a high end 96% mag and 22% fire rate for my vector......bro, just that one mod alone jumped my DPS up over 10k. You wanna talk about shredding......ssshhhiiieettt. Mag size now 39. Shit chews through elites.

bati

RoF mod best mod. I have one with 96% capacity and 29.4% increased rate of fire. My MP5 fires at 1037 RPM.

LAA

I have no idea how people are getting such high DPS, health, tech while having similar armored gear, I don't understand the next steps to get better gear.
W7BgxLT.jpg

Got to level 30, beat all the story missions on hard today. Whats the next step for getting better gear? Dark Zone?
As I just levelled to dark zone rank 30, and gear being sold in vendors still doesnt seem better than what I own.

I have no idea how people are getting such high DPS, health, tech while having similar armored gear, I don't understand the next steps to get better gear.

Got to level 30, beat all the story missions on hard today. Whats the next step for getting better gear? Dark Zone?
As I just levelled to dark zone rank 30, and gear being sold in vendors still doesnt seem better than what I own.

Time to build up that pile of Pheonix credits. Start running dailies to get he gear.

Keep grinding general assembly for better purples until you have at least 100k dps and 60k health then go in challenge mode for gold
Edit:didn't see the pic, yeah grind Phoenix credits / mats and craft

LiK

Play missions in Hard and Challenging.

TheAznOne

I'm gonna start to try to get a 8+ man CM lobby session up on the PS4. Anyone wants to get in this and try to get this glitch to work?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I play in 7.1 home theater and I find the audio to be amazing. The surround sound is excellent and immersive.

Maybe it's my headset then.

I see enemies in front of me but when they shoot or make sound it feels like it comes from behind me.

That's what I get for buying cheap brand.

LiK

Maybe it's my headset then.

I see enemies in front of me but when they shoot or make sound it feels like it comes from behind me.

That's what I get for buying cheap brand.

Yea, headsets in general are iffy cuz it's not true surround no matter how much they market it that way. That sucks that the direction is messed up.

Iceman829

Alright I spent a few minutes of my break looking over some DZ info. I think I finally worked the kinks out of our farming route. We should be good now Zorbs and Ve3tro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom