• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakely

This is probably very old news to everyone here but the three basic stats make a very real difference in gameplay.

I'm bringing up a second character and at level 14 she was getting one-shotted by the elite snipers in the "Amherst's apartment" mission. Looking at her gear her stamina was the lowest of the three stats. When I shuffled her gear to maximize stamina her hit points doubled and I rolled through the mission.

It's not like Destiny where the three stats have a pretty minimal effect.

Revas

What is this backpack glitch people keep talking about?

I crafted and equipped an HE Firearms Backpack,during a mission it disappeared from my character and inventory. After a period of time my game froze and I've been unable to load the game since.

Is there any good reason why matchmaking isn't allowed in Challenging missions once they start? I mean, it seems like players can still actually matchmake and drop in from outside the mission.

Asking because we were past the first stage of the CM last night when our fourth guy dropped. A section that should have taken no more than 10 minutes (I ran the CM twice before this) ended up being a Sisyphean task until a fourth miraculously joined us.

That's disappointing :-

I heard DZ05/06 are generally "safer" as far as rogues go. I've never been...maybe I'll give them a shot.

If you go into group settings and set your group to open, people can join you. I've done it after a CM mission starts a few times.

k1t4j

Happy with my stats so far

DrMrdQV.png

Now to start searching for that elusive holster....

Hey, I've asked before and did some searching but haven't found an answer. Does anyone know at what level you can start buying gear mods? Running an alt for mat farming and I wanted to gauge how far I need to take him.

Thanks.

When you start reading a thread from the first page and realize that's where all of Destiny GAF is holed up.. VE3TRO, Tecnique, Cuco, Sushi etc. - hi guys

Almost to level 30. Taking it slow and therefore missed out on some of the good grindy bits. Played with Frenden last night who said he "has totally poopsocked this game."

Took you long enough to get here.

Deku Tree

When you start reading a thread from the first page and realize that's where all of Destiny GAF is holed up.. VE3TRO, Tecnique, Cuco, Sushi etc. - hi guys

Almost to level 30. Taking it slow and therefore missed out on some of the good grindy bits. Played with Frenden last night who said he "has totally poopsocked this game."

Hi Corn!

LiK

I think I mentioned that 90% of DGAF has migrated to DGAF. Play with me cuz everyone hates me.

Namikaze1

Got matched with terrible randoms. As soon as I extracted that HE Military M9, I ran to the nearest checkpoint and left. I'm here trying to kill this named guy and they're just behind cover, not even shooting.

LiK

Got matched with terrible randoms. As soon as I extracted that HE Military M9, I ran to the nearest checkpoint and left. I'm here trying to kill this named guy and they're just behind cover, not even shooting.

If only I was home. We could be playing all day.

ODDI

My journey to get HE gear sure has been something. I say I'll do a CM what I get instead is a 2 hour grind with the mission unable complete cause of some bug. I say I'll try to extract gear! Instead I get jumped at the extraction point robbed of my first ever HE drop after days playing. I say you know what I'm just gonna buy gear only to craft it and get locked out of game till a patch fix, L O L.

Badgerst3

Unique question- I am level 19 and my ps4 just died. Sending it in for RMA.

I don't see any Division saved data in my storage to upload to online storage and save my progress.

After I get my ps4 back and redownload the game (digital purchase)- how do I get my progress back? Hoping not to have to start over.

deafmedal

you freaking nub :mad:
comms is already lvl 30, at this rate phantom will be 30 before you and he prolly won't even be getting the game :p

LiK

tell me about it

Hi Deku!!

Lik I would play with ya! I'm nearing 30 - I hear there are all these other fun things to do..
Like kill Crota with a sword or something. :p

I just reached 30 this week. Invite me anytime you see me on. I've been joining Nami's invites and it's been fun even with randoms.

lt519

No mod slot, but it has extra armor, and the talent lets me regenerate health twice as fast when in cover. Seems like really good roll.

Question: the fire-arms stat is low and close to the bottom of the allowed range.... If I re-roll fire-arms does that give me a chance to lose that stat? Or will it just re-roll it to be a different number?

Nice. If you re-roll it the third stat is considered a major attribute. So it could re-roll as some other Major Holster stat (like a mod slot among other things) or a different Firearm number. If you select it in the re calibration table it'll show you the options before you go through with it. Then you'll get like 3-4 of those possible options to finally chose from once you do re-roll.

Lotta different DGAF avatars, people probably don't recognize me without Ori. Didn't recognize Lik or you Phenom

Daft Punk

Banned
Ok so for HE purposes, I already have a HE:

- Firearms Backpack
- Firearms Kneepads
- Strike Vest

What should I be going for now? 112K DPS, 55K Health, 16K Electronics.

LiK

Nice. If you re-roll it the third stat is considered a major attribute. So it could re-roll as some other Major Holster stat (like a mod slot among other things) or a different Firearm number. If you select it in the re calibration table it'll show you the options before you go through with it.

Lotta different DGAF avatars, people probably don't recognize me without Ori.

I know all of you by name alone. It's burned into my DGAF brain. I had to let Mikasa take a vacation for AA6 hype.

Deku Tree

Nice. If you re-roll it the third stat is considered a major attribute. So it could re-roll as some other Major Holster stat (like a mod slot among other things) or a different Firearm number. If you select it in the re calibration table it'll show you the options before you go through with it. Then you'll get like 3-4 of those possible options to finally chose from once you do re-roll.

Lotta different DGAF avatars, people probably don't recognize me without Ori.

Yeah I didn't recognize you by your avatar, but I remember your username now that I read your post. I haven't changed my avatar in a long time lol. Hi!

When I look at re-rolling the firearms stat it just shows that I will get firearms. It doesn't show any other possible options. My firearms is currently at 474 and the lowest possible number is 470 so chances are high that I would get a higher number based on re-rolling.

I am just wondering if I re-roll if its possible that I will lose the firearms stat and have to reroll again to try to get it back?

lt519

Ok so for HE purposes, I already have a HE:

- Firearms Backpack
- Firearms Kneepads
- Strike Vest

What should I be going for now? 112K DPS, 55K Health, 16K Electronics.

If you aren't rank 50 DZ the only other blueprint you can buy is a mask. So that? If rank 50 I'd say some gloves. Getting a Crit Dmg, Crit Chance, and Damage vs Elites roll on those can be godly. Re-rolled one last night and have all three, DPS went up like 10k without even considering the +9% elite damage it has. I guess I'd also say the extended magazine HE blueprint mod is a great one. I have a +97% clip size and +8% crit hit chance one from that.

My DPS at 117k looks low but my +27% against elites is baller...(i'm sure a lot of other people have much higher).

When I look at re-rolling the firearms stat it just shows that I will get firearms. It doesn't show any other possible options. My firearms is currently at 474 and the lowest possible number is 470 so chances are high that I would get a higher number based on re-rolling.

I am just wondering if I re-roll if its possible that I will lose the firearms stat and have to reroll again to try to get it back?

Don't think so. From my understanding holsters roll with two static primary stats that can't be changed to anything but another number for themselves. The third primary stat (which is random) is considered a Major Attribute. So click on each one and you'll find one stat that can re-roll into a mod slot and other Major attributes and two primary stats that can only re-roll as themselves.

phen0m24

you freaking nub :mad:
comms is already lvl 30, at this rate phantom will be 30 before you and he prolly won't even be getting the game :p

I know, I know. I don't know what it is about this game though, I don't feel as connected to it like I do with Destiny. Just saying. Like when I sit down I want to play Control or Clash and not have Temper Tantrum Lady Faye all up in my business.

I just reached 30 this week. Invite me anytime you see me on. I've been joining Nami's invites and it's been fun even with randoms.

Ok Lik, may take you up on that. And you better laugh too! :p
DAT KF RAID

LiK

I know, I know. I don't know what it is about this game though, I don't feel as connected to it like I do with Destiny. Just saying. Like when I sit down I want to play Control or Clash and not have Temper Tantrum Lady Faye all up in my business.

Ok Lik, may take you up on that. And you better laugh too! :p
DAT KF RAID

Thankfully, we don't need to be standing on some stupid platforms in this game to kill bosses. BRING IT. INVITE ME

ngower

I'm about fifteen hours into the game and I'm not sure if I'm not playing the game right/missing something, but it's becoming a chore to reach the level cap. I find each mission is, structurally, quite similar to the rest and save for a couple of changes here or there, they seem largely the same. Will the game open up beyond the level cap or does it just double-down on the grinding ala Destiny? I know lack of mission variety has been a criticism of the game, but I'm kinda losing interest in the game this early. I know more content (a raid?) is coming in April, but I never really raided in Destiny so I don't know if that's a selling point.

In short: is there more to the game than just grinding for gear through the story- and side-missions?

Mob

Hey, I've asked before and did some searching but haven't found an answer. Does anyone know at what level you can start buying gear mods? Running an alt for mat farming and I wanted to gauge how far I need to take him.

Thanks.

Green quality gear mods appeared for my little alt at level 10.
Not sure what level the blue quality pop up though.

I'm about fifteen hours into the game and I'm not sure if I'm not playing the game right/missing something, but it's becoming a chore to reach the level cap. I find each mission is, structurally, quite similar to the rest and save for a couple of changes here or there, they seem largely the same. Will the game open up beyond the level cap or does it just double-down on the grinding ala Destiny? I know lack of mission variety has been a criticism of the game, but I'm kinda losing interest in the game this early. I know more content (a raid?) is coming in April, but I never really raided in Destiny so I don't know if that's a selling point.

In short: is there more to the game than just grinding for gear through the story- and side-missions?

Other than DZ...no not really.

Elmertos

At lvl 22 at the moment. I think I'll aim to the 30 and move on. Maybe it was an mistake to do all the mission in every area, I'm absolutely bored with them. I have done the same damn missions without any depth or variation for hours that it's starting to feel like tetris on a boring day at work :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I dismantled my Astro A40s and gave them a good clean. Kinda fucked now since I can't put back together properly. ;[

Look what the cat dragged in. Now we need to get Truelize over.

I have 700 PC.

Should I buy the Vector 45 BP before reset?

Do we know if the HE BP in the BoO will actually change this reset?

Do it. I've nicknamed mine Shredder.

Please add me :(

I have no one to play with, lol. No one from gaf at least.

insane_mauricio - PS4

I didn't play yesterday but I will today. In ~3h.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
People that complain about griefers in the DZ really need to watch this.

Also, I think in May we're getting a free activity in the DZ called "Conflict" IIRC.

That was awesome, I never saw that promo for the dank zone.

Does leaving a rogue group and then hunting your former teammates wipe your previous rogue status? I would only ever do that to a group that was annoying me I think... mates might not appreciate it haha :D

quest

Not Banned from OT
I have 700 PC.

Should I buy the Vector 45 BP before reset?

Do we know if the HE BP in the BoO will actually change this reset?

Everything I read is the plans are not rotating any time soon. They will sometime in the future but no time period. I would buy the Vector and pray to RNG jesus that you hit 2 good talents. I made 20 and none rolled with more than 1 good talent. Making an alt just for materials to make more very frustrating. Basically ton of RNG with 35 weapon talents and only 5-6 good ones for a SMG.

Klyka

Banned
Gonna take a bit of a break from the game for now, invested tons of time into it in just 3 weeks, so now i'll take some distance from it :)

Back for incursions of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom