• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAA

Time to build up that pile of Pheonix credits. Start running dailies to get he gear.

Keep grinding general assembly for better purples until you have at least 100k dps and 60k health then go in challenge mode for gold
Edit:didn't see the pic, yeah grind Phoenix credits / mats and craft

Play missions in Hard and Challenging.

Thanks, but I'm not even seeing any better gear in the special vendor store either (If thats where I'm supposed to be spending my phoenix credits), only one chest which is only like...9 better armor than whhat I have, little better for DPS, worse for health.

Dunlop

Finally hit 30 (work has been killing me)

Anyone have a quick summary of what I am supposed to be doing now?

I tried using quick match for a DZ group and everything it made me join people who were doing regular missions outside of tehe DZ.

Went in solo, but all of the lvl 30 purple and yellow mobs make it obvious I will not get far with my current gear

LiK

Thanks, but I'm not even seeing any better gear in the special vendor store either (If thats where I'm supposed to be spending my phoenix credits), only one chest which is only like...9 better armor than whhat I have, little better for DPS, worse for health.

I was told just earlier today that there's a new vendor upstairs at main base when you reach 30 that accepts PC. He sells HE blueprints etc, I think

Anyone seen this on sale anywhere yet? I've been looking for a digital code for Xbox, which you'd think there'd be a ton out there from the bundle deal, but nothing but those scam "I'll give you my account details and you download the game" deals.

Ushay

I have no idea how people are getting such high DPS, health, tech while having similar armored gear, I don't understand the next steps to get better gear.

Got to level 30, beat all the story missions on hard today. Whats the next step for getting better gear? Dark Zone?
As I just levelled to dark zone rank 30, and gear being sold in vendors still doesnt seem better than what I own.

Challenge Mode Yellows, Craft your own gear from the recipes bought with Phoenix credits. Blueprints can be found with either the Tech WIng Vendor at home base or the safe house DZ vendor after you hit Rank 50. Each vendor sells distinct pieces of gear ie holster, mask etc, so you'll need to go to both eventually.

AFAIK the crafted gear is some of the best you can get. Also named enemies in DZ drop some decent loot too.

My advise, work on your gear first, get a top end weapon later. If you want to deal DPS then focus on Firepower, Crit Chance, Crit Damage and Rate of Fire (Magazine Mod) . then Stamina. Going Tech is a different ballgame altogether.

BondFancy

I recant my negative statements about post-patch DZ. Now that I've gotten competitive gear it is a blast. Was in a group of 3 yesterday and started steamrolling rogues. Best moment, was when we took out a group of rogues, but one of use accidently shot a nonhostile player then did the surrender emoji and they stared at us for 15 seconds then let us live. Only on the Division.

I rolled a 101% magazine size with a 22.5% fire rate(i think that's correct, but might be 26.5%...not at home atm) high end extended mag. I put it in my Liberator and I'm doing 129k DPS, but i had to compensate with a bunch of added accuracy and stability and horizontal stability. I think it shoots 1099 RPM...its ridiculous, but manageable.

Deku Tree

This is where I am at now

Ceahi_vUAAAyvLg.jpg

Equipping ilvl 31 superiors that are better than my HE's. Vector at 161K DPS and Pakhan at around 156K DPS.

All skills on my primaries are activated.

I rolled like 15 or more Vector 45 before I got one that I liked. The Vector is fun to use.

When I toggle over to my Gear from my weapons my health goes down to 55K from 60K... weird glitch!

I feel like I hit a DPS wall. Not sure if it's worth it to keep trying to climb the DPS ladder. I am not even sure how to keep climbing the DPS ladder. I know people say prioritize Critical Hit Chance, Critical Damage, and putting Accuracy everywhere raises your DPS but doesn't really mean anything in reality. So IDK!

I am comfortable with 60K health in CM because I have high armor. I don't feel squishy at all.

Deku Tree

Does the BoO special vendor and the DZ special vendor get a new list of blue prints at weekly reset?

No. HE BP have never reset. Hamish has said the HE BP's will change at some point, but that they do not change with the weekly timer reset. Do not expect new BP's at reset. However the set weapons and gear do change.

Dartastic

Does anyone else have issues with the PC version basically rending your mouse inoperable after you play the game? I quit to desktop and it winds up lagging my mouse so badly that I have to force a restart. It's infuriating.

Are you using the Xbox One Controller with wireless adapter? If so, it's a known problem and who knows when it'll get fix.

I am. Fuck. I really hope they fix this soon because this is such a dumb bug.

It ain't about just finding gear with higher numbers. You must also pay attention to the mods you put in those slots, the talents and also the attributes of those items.

You looking for things like, crit chance, crit damage, headshot damage, accuracy, damage to elites. All that stuff have influence on your total DPS. You may find a gloves piece that has lower firearms and lower armor but because it has SMG, crit chance and crit damage, it's actually much better.

Those are the little things that increases your DPS by a lot and you wouldn't even know it from just looking at someones equipment screen.

When your out there looking for gear, your mainly looking at the attributes and talents that holds more weight than just higher firearms or armor stats.

I'd take a weapon that has slight less DPS but has the 20% crit damage talent.

Don't just look at the stats, bro, look at the whole picture and see how this gear could help your entire build. Sometimes you may have to use some sucky gear to make a big improvement on the entire build, which will help you out in the long run.

Keep in mind, There are some stats that doesn't do anything to that DPS stat in the menu but has HUGE pay out in gameplay.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Farming DT makes me want to quit the game. This is so lame and boring, there are no words.

No. HE BP have never reset. Hamish has said the HE BP's will change at some point, but that they do not change with the weekly timer reset. Do not expect new BP's at reset. However the set weapons and gear do change.

OK, good to know. I guess that explains why people are torturing themselves getting division tech. Seems like a shitty grind to be able to craft all the HE prints sold in DZ. Not sure why they needed to split the crafting materials. You buy DZ prints with phoenix credits as well.

LAA

Challenge Mode Yellows, Craft your own gear from the recipes bought with Phoenix credits. Blueprints can be found with either the Tech WIng Vendor at home base or the safe house DZ vendor after you hit Rank 50. Each vendor sells distinct pieces of gear ie holster, mask etc, so you'll need to go to both eventually.

AFAIK the crafted gear is some of the best you can get. Also named enemies in DZ drop some decent loot too.

My advise, work on your gear first, get a top end weapon later. If you want to deal DPS then focus on Firepower, Crit Chance, Crit Damage and Rate of Fire (Magazine Mod) . then Stamina. Going Tech is a different ballgame altogether.

Alright, thanks for the tips everyone! I bought a blueprint for a HE mask which is better, pushed me up to 60,000+ on both DPS and health.

I have to say, I think Division needs a lot of what Destiny implemented at some point. Infusion, more ways to get PC, and more clear ways to get better gear. In Destiny it all seems more clear. Division is yet to get it's "Raid" though, so maybe things will be better by then.
Glad they're both in the market though, they'll both hopefully push each other to be better.

Think I'm gonna take an armour hit and try to buy something that gives me 2 attribute gains

Badly struggling to get the balance between stamina and electronics, especially since I need electronics to activate my Talents.

Alright, thanks for the tips everyone! I bought a blueprint for a HE mask which is better, pushed me up to 60,000+ on both DPS and health.

I have to say, I think Division needs a lot of what Destiny implemented at some point. Infusion, more ways to get PC, and more clear ways to get better gear. In Destiny it all seems more clear. Division is yet to get it's "Raid" though, so maybe things will be better by then.
Glad they're both in the market though, they'll both hopefully push each other to be better.

Nah, keep that infusion garbage in Destiny. Everything else I'm cool with.

Oh wow, didn't realize you can't up-cycle your division tech materials either. That is so fucking stupid. It is unfortunate to see them take one of the worst aspects of vanilla destiny. Think I will just keep the DZ as a fun zone. Will just craft what I can from BoO and hope for drops. No way am I running around collecting rare materials. I did enough spirit bloom farming to last a life time.

commish

Oh wow, didn't realize you can't up-cycle your division tech materials either. That is so fucking stupid. It is unfortunate to see them take one of the worst aspects of vanilla destiny. Think I will just keep the DZ as a fun zone. Will just craft what I can from BoO and hope for drops. No way am I running around collecting rare materials. I did enough spirit bloom farming to last a life time.

Spending 2 hours farming DT, then making 3 items, all of which turn out to be crap, is just frustrating. At least in Destiny, I could farm it once and that was it. There was no possibility of it going to waste like it is here.

Deku Tree

Spending 2 hours farming DT, then making 3 items, all of which turn out to be crap, is just frustrating. At least in Destiny, I could farm it once and that was it. There was no possibility of it going to waste like it is here.

The thing is the farming DT is for the biggest of the big Min-Maxers. By the time you get to DZ50 rank you have long ago been able to totally destroy all the content in the game with ease. If you want to further buy DZ06 HE BP's and roll them until you get the optimal load out then Massive gave those players more work to do.

Arrrammis

They really need something to flesh out the PvE areas in the game. Once you finish the missions, ~80% of the map is just useless. There's the occasional named enemy, but since they no longer respawn, you can only see a set number of those. It's extremely disheartening to know that the only ways to get end game loot are either running the same 4 missions over and over again, or dealing with gank squads in the Dark Zone who got all of the best loot before Ubi changed Phoenix credits. Both get old really fast. Hopefully the incursions/operations/whatever they're called these days give some reason to keep playing once you get to the endgame. I want to have the ability to try out different builds, but there simply isn't enough loot in this loot-centered game to allow it.

commish

The thing is the farming DT is for the biggest of the big Min-Maxers. By the time you get to DZ50 rank you have long ago been able to totally destroy all the content in the game with ease. If you want to further buy DZ06 HE BP's and roll them until you get the optimal load out then Massive gave those players more work to do.

Agreed but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been done in a better manner. Bad design is bad design. Still early though. We will see how they address it.

Kadin

Not sure if everyone knows about the double revive glitch (unless it's somehow intended), but if you keep holding down the revive button or key after someone goes down, you should get a second revive message in the bottom left-hand corner. Once you see that, if that same person goes down again, they'll get revived on their own.

Video demonstrating it.

Deku Tree

Agreed but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been done in a better manner. Bad design is bad design. Still early though. We will see how they address it.

So far Massive has been putting out some pretty big game adjustments and patches every week. Hopefully it continues.

They already changed it so that DT has a higher chance to drop from DZ named bosses.

Agree that if they want to make getting DT a grind, at least don't force us to run around and collect it. And let us convert blue and green DT into HE DT. And let us dismantle DZ items into DT. HE DZ item deconstructs into two HE DT.

Also they should let us buy DT and other materials with PC or regular Credits, Etc.

I have a purple M1A with 42K damage. Did I hit the jackpot there? I figured the M44 would be sitting at 60k damage.

Possibly. I know the M1A is going to have higher DPS just because it's semi-auto. I have the purple one the Advanced Weapons Vendor was selling a few days ago but my current M44 seems to do way more damage in terms of headshots. I know that if I swap the M44 in as my primary the damage spikes up as well. I still haven't 100% wrapped my head around the way DPS seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom