• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanofcall

days and days in the dark zone and I only got half of the rouge kills for my very last trophy. gahhh.
Anyone want to get 10 rogue kills with going rogue on each others?

Sober

giphy.gif

I see you trying to topple Vector's regime.
Let's be honest, if it wasn't basically "Vector or BM AK" and all of a sudden every weapon had a HE recipe for bird coins in the BOO no one would ever talk about the Vector.

DesertFox

I dismantled my Vectors already :p

Also got a HE AUG x3 PARA from DZ that's better than the Vector, but the MP5 takes the cake.

Do you think the MP5 is better than the AUG? I had crafted an HE Vector
who hasn't
but replaced it with a purple AUG I got off a daily hard mode boss. I really love the AUG and it is truly leagues above the Vector even though it's not HE, but I have not seen an MP5 that wasn't burst fire.

edit: Guess I meant to ask what makes it better in your opinion. Better damage, accuracy, etc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
who hasn't
but replaced it with a purple AUG I got off a daily hard mode boss. I really love the AUG and it is truly leagues above the Vector even though it's not HE, but I have not seen an MP5 that wasn't burst fire.

edit: Guess I meant to ask what makes it better in your opinion. Better damage, accuracy, etc.
A purple level 30 AUG with the right perks is as good or even better than many HE Vector rolls. I still keep mine on the off chance I want to go tankier.

who hasn't

MP5 N from DZ06 vendor is a beast. Vector feels good when you don't have the MP5. Vector feels like shit when you have the MP5.

MP5 N is full auto, and can go up to 60 bullets in the mag with extended mag. With the right perks and talents, it's a down right headshot machine and does way more overall damage than a vector, even though it has lower base damage than the vector.

You need to be DZ rank 50 and have yellow DT to craft it, so getting a good roll on it is pure luck.

Is this HE MP5 a random drop, or is a blue print for sale somewhere?

BP from DZ06 vendor, must be rank 50 to buy it.

A purple level 30 AUG with the right perks is as good or even better than many HE Vector rolls. I still keep mine on the off chance I want to go tankier.

True, had an amazing purple Aug before the vector and loved it, waiting to find a good HE Aug. The one I got from DZ doesn't have the best talents to sticking with the MP5N till then. PVE or PVP, everything melts.

Was just thinking how it'd be cool if LMGs could penetrate certain types of cover with % reduced damage. Would make them useful relative to other gun types.

DesertFox

MP5 N from DZ06 vendor is a beast. Vector feels good when you don't have the MP5. Vector feels like shit when you have the MP5.

MP5 N is full auto, and can go up to 60 bullets in the mag with extended mag. With the right perks and talents, it's a down right headshot machine and does way more overall damage than a vector, even though it has lower base damage than the vector.

You need to be DZ rank 50 and have yellow DT to craft it, so getting a good roll on it is pure luck.

True, had an amazing purple Aug before the vector and loved it, waiting to find a good HE Aug. The one I got from DZ doesn't have the best talents to sticking with the MP5N till then. PVE or PVP, everything melts.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll try out some of the SMGs as they drop but I think I will grind for that HE AUG blueprint.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Was just thinking how it'd be cool if LMGs could penetrate certain types of cover with % reduced damage. Would make them useful relative to other gun types.

Or if they just had a stat for % armor penetration similar to smg's crit chance and marksman headshot damage. It would make them unique and add relevance. It would also help to counter tank enemies and tanky player builds.

Assault rifles should also have a stat like that, along with shotguns, but I'm not sure what that would be. Maybe a % chance to stagger for shotguns?

So what's the gamer's verdict of this game? Is it good? I ask because I'm contemplating purchasing it later tonight and some of the reviews have not been kind.

I wouldn't get it yet. I'd wait a few more weeks to see how the first DLC drop pans out and how fast the Dev's move to really implement changes or if they simply trail off after the honeymoon period. There's really nothing to do after a fairly sub par story aside from getting gear for gears sake as there's not much in the way of challenges or content post story. End game is farming DZ for loot or one of a few challenge versions of story mission for loot. The challenge modes will keep you entertained for a few runs at most.

The DZ will soon enough become just a defacto group PVP free for all zone as people are finally getting geared out and don't have anything else to do.

Best not to ask people here either. They won't give you actual critiques or breakdowns depending on what you're looking to get out of the game. Just hyperbolic answers (negative and positive) or vague statements that really don't have any substance.

Here's my takeaway after having played the game for far too many hours. It's a fairly dense post, skip the first paragraph.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=199188572&postcount=9153

milkham

what's on your mp5? still not dz50 yet but already wondering what i'm gonna end up blowing my HE Div Tech rolling

LifEndz

Just need to do the Russian consulate mission on normal. Matchmaking can't seem to find anyone. If you're willing to help, Psn Lifendz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom