• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
When recalibrating, make sure you ALWAYS check the confirmation first, the UI for this is a bit janky at times and might not register your selection properly.

I've wasted over 1k PC retooling my knee pads thanks to this.

That's the thing. I made sure that the confirmation window states that it's my preferred selection. But the result was still a different outcome. This has happened three times, I wish I took a screenshot or two. Maybe later if I'm calibrating another gear.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Think we need to take the fight to certain people.

29OB7vb.png

deafmedal

Had a swell time with my buddy in the dragonzone earlier, we were just goofing off and noticed some rogues over by the dz03 extraction point. After getting slaughtered by a group of 6 rogues last night I wanted a bit of revenge so I carefully made my way (in cover) until I spotted one close enough to engage. My buddy says "Deaf, you're not going to engage them, are you?!" (There were 4 of them) I said nothing as I unloaded a mag of smg bullets into their body. A gold beam shot forth from their corpse so I grabbed it and started booking it the fuck outta there.

As we ran down the street we noticed another lone rogue. We engaged and set off on foot in pursuit. After about 30-45 seconds we finally finished him off and yet another gold beam shot off from their crumpled body! Palms sweating, we made our way to the extraction zone in dz01 and called for the helicopter. We hid until about 6 seconds left and ran up and attached our lewtz as NPCs riddled us with fire... extraction successful :)

Good times! Although the HE ended up being a so-so barrel mod, I didn't mind as the experience was a blast!

squidyj

I just want to let everybody know that didn't know already, The reckless perk is bugged and provides DR instead of increase damage taken. it's the most broken thing lol

noomi

Got the perfect high end gloves from the DZ :D

All I need is a chest and I am pretty much exactly where I want to be.

Anyone know if any of the DZ vendors sell a good chest piece? It's the last piece of the puzzle.

Animator

I have been perfecting the art of baiting people into going rogue. Rest of the team sets up positions and I chat on proxy chat about "the most amazing HE yellow weapon that ever dropped from the boss we just killed and I just can't wait to extract!" Four out of five greed gets the best of people :D

Kabouter

Got the perfect high end gloves from the DZ :D

All I need is a chest and I am pretty much exactly where I want to be.

Anyone know if any of the DZ vendors sell a good chest piece? It's the last piece of the puzzle.

DZ06 vendor sells chest blueprints

Takuan

Me (17) and another dude at 14 are trying to get this level 20 security wing mission done. Anyone able to help us out? UPlay is artcorvelay.

Skrillz

Neo Member
this game is shit.
2 weeks of consistent play and its lost its luster.
so many broken things with this game
i dont even know where to begin honestly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How the hell do you host a game? I'm tired of being kicked from randoms. They really need to change that or just remove it entirely.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Me (17) and another dude at 14 are trying to get this level 20 security wing mission done. Anyone able to help us out? UPlay is artcorvelay.

Congrats on your future engagement.

this game is shit.
2 weeks of consistent play and its lost its luster.
so many broken things with this game
i dont even know where to begin honestly.

tumblr_mke84eN9G61s99m4bo1_400.gif

shanafan

I am confused about the DZ bracket/rank/level information.

For example, I am PVE level 16. I am DZ rank 19.

When I entered a DZ 15-19 player bracket, what does that mean? I see enemies who are level 18 for example. Is that a DZ level, or a PVE level?

I am confused about the DZ bracket/rank/level information.

For example, I am PVE level 16. I am DZ rank 19.

When I entered a DZ 15-19 player bracket, what does that mean? I see enemies who are level 18 for example. Is that a DZ level, or a PVE level?

the DZ player bracket is the level of the players, it has nothing to do with the Dark zone level. Dark zone level serves only one purpose and that's to buy stuff from the dark zone vender.

Anyone on playstation fancy some dark zone. Im level 29 trying to rank up my DZ rank before hitting 30 where I feel like it will probably be harder.

PSN is bobs_99

Deku Tree

Anyone on playstation fancy some dark zone. Im level 29 trying to rank up my DZ rank before hitting 30 where I feel like it will probably be harder.

PSN is bobs_99

It's not harder. Your better then off ranking up to 30 and then doing DZ. you get better ilvl 30-31 loot in the DZ once your 30. Everything you get as a 29 will be crafting parts.

painey

I just beat all missions on hard at level 30, and didn't get the achievement :( I got the uplay notification, and the uplay points, but my achievement tracker is stuck at 87%. Lame. It's killed my desire to get 100%, so I'll probably sell it tomorrow. Very disappointing.

Crafted a high end Navy MP5 last night from a DZ blueprint. I can't remember the rolls on it but I know it's very good. It's so much better than the Vector, and it's not even close. Twice the mag size, more crit chance, faster rate of fire.

Bruno

Crafted a high end Navy MP5 last night from a DZ blueprint. I can't remember the rolls on it but I know it's very good. It's so much better than the Vector, and it's not even close. Twice the mag size, more crit chance, faster rate of fire.

It's not twice the mag size - with both using 100% extended mag it's 40 vs 60
Crit chance between the Vector and MP5 is the same range 20~25
Fire rate is faster on the MP5
Damage per shot is higher on the Vector
Vector scales much better with the more firepower you have

Tactical Aug: 1.86 damage per firearms
Vector 45: 1.65 damage per firearms
Navy MP-5 N: 1.35 damage per firearms

After 2650 Firearms the ilvl 30 AUG does more damage than both MP5 and the Vector

Because it's MUCH MUCH cheaper to craft 50-100+ Vectors than it is to craft any DZ gear. Getting a perfect Vector is the best way to go unless you just get incredibly lucky with a DZ craft.

Warablo

With the troubles I was having with much stronger and better geared rogues in the DZ, I decided to start a second character and grind it out to level 30 again to get double daily challenges and phoenix credits for my main character.

I swear our group was doing no damage to these 2 guys, and we're all 120k+ DPS. Gotta get better rolls and some credits to build up my gear.

There are two glitches going around that could be the problem. One is the reckless talent. Which actually gives you more damage AND resistance, instead of taking more damage (which you can roll on two items chest and gloves). The other is the rehabilitation glitch in which you can get a constant regen of life.

I have been perfecting the art of baiting people into going rogue. Rest of the team sets up positions and I chat on proxy chat about "the most amazing HE yellow weapon that ever dropped from the boss we just killed and I just can't wait to extract!" Four out of five greed gets the best of people :D

Ya, my friend and I took on a squad of 5. He pretended to put his loot on while I was waiting. They didn't know I was there and they went rogue. They got destroyed. He says he just keeps random loot on so he can call in extractions to bait people.

You could not be more wrong. I run a high tech build along with Pulse and smart cover, and I routinely hear from other players how they like 800k crits and extra survivability. Challenge modes are a breeze when I am on your team(sorry to sound arrogant). Also keep in mind that incursions are right around the corner, and we dont know if the holy trinity will be required for groups. If so, you'll be seeing a lot of "LFM for incursion, need tank, heals and support. Kthx" in zone chat(if you haven't already turned that cesspool off).

Here is what I am currently running:

25954058552_cf8e5ea51b_o.png

25441817774_bed3123935_o.png

26020651666_2f7c998722_o.png

The funny thing is you're only serving to reinforce many complaints about the abilities. There's literally only a handful of worthwhile abilities with high tech power and it pretty much comes down to buffing your defence or damage on your gun. Any play with actual tech abilities that act offensively simply aren't worthwhile outside of CC variations like flashbang which makes high skill power relatively meaningless. Your support station might be useful for healing in a boss fight or something as well with massive healing ticks but it's static and probably wouldn't be worth the exchange for lost dps. Any other healing ability would be more than capped out and likely still would be situationally useful at best. Signature abilties get no benefit from skill power and seeming they actually be weaker by a significant margin at base level than they are now and scale up to make tech users more wanted and viable later for PVE burn phases or for interesting PVP play.

I'm going to use Mass Effect as an example again as to do rock, paper, scissors game design method here right. The enemies have different weaknesses to elements and types of abilities and ammo. In addition abilities types were able to combo to create unique effects and deal good chunks of damage. Like tech and fire in the right order could set off a Tech explosion. Fire on burning created fire explosion. Biotic attacks on anew enemy suffering from another Biotic DOT attack would create a Biotic explosion. These were very simple things but made abilties users viable. Due to the setting I'm not sure how much they could do with this, but like my previous post said having enemies that have massive health but technically no armor and then making some gear give talents that adjust the type of damage dealt by tech abilities or weapons to armor damage or more health damage at the expense of the other would be a good start. Start creating that R/P/S design. Maybe implement LMB or others to having started using more turrets, specially armored tech units or like Rover platforms that have guns and super heavy armor that's incredibly bullet resistant. Then make an electronic damage stat for users across weapon and ability modifiers so there's literally a build for dealing with those types of enemies.

This is the type of stuff that needs to be added to create a deeper experience. They have the foundational underpinnings there for a great game with some minor overhauls, but it's really rough and that's why i said in my takeaway it felt like a Beta or Early access.

darkwing

That's the thing. I made sure that the confirmation window states that it's my preferred selection. But the result was still a different outcome. This has happened three times, I wish I took a screenshot or two. Maybe later if I'm calibrating another gear.

happened a few times for me, I think the lag in the game is what's happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom