• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

How did you go about testing it? I have a chest piece with this that I keep for my glass cannon build, but it seems to seriously increase the amount of damage I take in even if I use it in my tank build.

Honestly, I'd rather do Consulate than the fucking power plant.

went to the dark zone and had kabouter shoot me wearing two different pieces of chest armor. With roughly the same armor value (2 point difference) I took significantly less damage while wearing the reckless armor.

Daft Punk

Banned
went to the dark zone and had kabouter shoot me wearing two different pieces of chest armor. With roughly the same armor value (2 point difference) I took significantly less damage while wearing the reckless armor.

Aren't you supposed to take more damage with Reckless though? That's crazy.

Definity

Had a blast in the dz tonight. Probably the most fun I've had so far. Killed a bunch of rogues and participated in a few man hunts and nearly lost a high end mask when everyone came back for revenge. Had to chase some rogues all the way from dz1 to dz6. Fun stuff.

Frenden

Banned
I've probably rolled fifty Vectors this week and can't get a good roll. On the verge of giving up and living with what I have. Oof.

cakely

Just hit level thirty and finished the campaign.

It's pretty good, I might take a break before seeing what the end game is about.

Animator

Are you fucking kidding me game?

We finished the terrible russian consulate challenge mission with three people because the group lead was useless and dead %99 of the time and the game bugged out and didn't spawn the shade tech you have to pick up from the bosses body to finish the mission.

RedRum

Banned

We finished the terrible russian consulate challenge mission with three people because the group lead was useless and dead %99 of the time and the game bugged out and didn't spawn the shade tech you have to pick up from the bosses body to finish the mission.

I'm waiting to do that challenge mission myself.

But if something like that happened to me I would fucking just turn my shit off and call it a night.

J-Rzez

The weekend + Easter = kids (and others) off work. Which means I'm not going to farm darkzone as much as I should. I can't win. I drop 1-2 people but get dropped by the other 2+ people. My friends gave up on the game due to how the DZ plays now so guess I'm screwed. And I need DT to craft... :/

DPS over a long period of time means nothing when mobs die in less than 1 magazine worth of shooting. Things die quicker with the Vector both in PvE and PvP. That is not "missing the point" that is EXACTLY the point - I will kill and clear faster using a Vector than I will with an MP5 and I've tested it.

I play with 2 friends 90% of the time (which means we don't have a full party) and we clear Lincoln Tunnel in 9 minutes and Lexington in 8 minutes.

The difference in mag size is 40 on the Vector and 60 on the MP5 and the Vectors bullets hit significantly harder than the MP5.

Smaller mag means more reloads which means more time for the remaining enemies to shoot at you, throw grenades at you, and rush you spamming their shotguns. This is a fact that can't be disputed by your anecdotal clear times with party members whose setups, builds, skills, perks, etc.. all add a ton of variables that influence clear time but don't influence the effectiveness of your gun.

Gold Division Tech is by far the most rare resource in the game and doing Tech chest routes while killing everything along the way you will be able to craft 4-5 Vectors for every 1 MP5 if you only extract weapons and mods to dismantle. I know so because I've been doing nothing but grinding the DZ to craft weapons and my hours played and DZ rank prove that.

If you feel like you do better with your MP5 - have at it Hoss. I'll continue to destroy everything that stands in front of my Vector. That doesn't mean that if someone is taking advice on what they should be aiming for, the Division Tech should be spent more wisely on the rest of your gear and then the AUG. Vector is the clear choice weapon until you have near perfect gear and afterwards you should be aiming for the perfect AUG - MP5 shouldn't even be in the equation it's a waste of materials and time IMO.

What your playtime is, again, has nothing to do with the conversation. There's so much RNG involved in all aspects of the game. You've played a lot and grinded a lot and had bad luck. I've played a lot and grinded a lot and have had ok luck. But even your luck as described by you might be considered great luck from the perspective of someone else whose had it even worse.. or terrible luck by someone who has had great rolls the majority of the time. Anecdotal experiences mean jack in the face of the numbers. Even the Redditor who did the testing and made the post you quoted your numbers for stated that the Aug > MP-5 > Vector in terms of pure DPS.

RNG rolls are RNG. And while it's easier to roll 50 Vectors, there's no telling whether it will take 50 rolls or 5 rolls or 5000. Similarly, for the other guns. And if you're such a perfectionist that you need perfect rolls on your gun.. using DT on a gun is no more a waste than on gear.. since you'll be rerolling all THAT too to get perfect rolls. At that point you're putting enough effort into your build that the difference in grinding time is fairly negligible.

The Vector costs PC, Aug DZ Credits at Rank 50, MP-5 PC and Rank 50. Which is the best to get first really depends on the player. But looking at the numbers, assuming all things are equal, the Vector quickly gets outpaced. It's only when you've rolled at absolutely perfect Vector and you compare it to below average versions of the Aug and MP-5 that the Vector comes out on top. But that's going to be true of nearly any weapon comparison.

Orca

I just want to let everybody know that didn't know already, The reckless perk is bugged and provides DR instead of increase damage taken. it's the most broken thing lol
I wonder if it's like the old Gandhi Civ bug, and the damage increase rolled you over the max and turned into damage reduction instead lol

Definity

Same exact thing happened to my squad last time it was up for cm. Talk about frustration. This game can be very buggy at times.

Jafku

Finally got the platinum
YDbYGeM.png

Bruno

Smaller mag means more reloads which means more time for the remaining enemies to shoot at you, throw grenades at you, and rush you spamming their shotguns. This is a fact that can't be disputed by your anecdotal clear times with party members whose setups, builds, skills, perks, etc.. all add a ton of variables that influence clear time but don't influence the effectiveness of your gun.

What your playtime is, again, has nothing to do with the conversation. There's so much RNG involved in all aspects of the game. You've played a lot and grinded a lot and had bad luck. I've played a lot and grinded a lot and have had ok luck. But even your luck as described by you might be considered great luck from the perspective of someone else whose had it even worse.. or terrible luck by someone who has had great rolls the majority of the time. Anecdotal experiences mean jack in the face of the numbers. Even the Redditor who did the testing and made the post you quoted your numbers for stated that the Aug > MP-5 > Vector in terms of pure DPS.

RNG rolls are RNG. And while it's easier to roll 50 Vectors, there's no telling whether it will take 50 rolls or 5 rolls or 5000. Similarly, for the other guns. And if you're such a perfectionist that you need perfect rolls on your gun.. using DT on a gun is no more a waste than on gear.. since you'll be rerolling all THAT too to get perfect rolls. At that point you're putting enough effort into your build that the difference in grinding time is fairly negligible.

The Vector costs PC, Aug DZ Credits at Rank 50, MP-5 PC and Rank 50. Which is the best to get first really depends on the player. But looking at the numbers, assuming all things are equal, the Vector quickly gets outpaced. It's only when you've rolled at absolutely perfect Vector and you compare it to below average versions of the Aug and MP-5 that the Vector comes out on top. But that's going to be true of nearly any weapon comparison.

xgaRueB.png

I'll say this for the last time because I'm getting tired of this. When I'm able to kill numerous mobs (level 32 elites) without having to reload - DPS over a long period of time isn't that important. If you look at the reload numbers you gain 7,000 damage over an extended DPS measurement which is nothing compared to the damage loss from the burst. There is nothing in this game that survives long enough for extended DPS to matter.

The AUG has better range, is VERY close to the Vector in burst, and ahead long term DPS which is why it's overall better. The MP5 is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the Vector in burst and in a game where everything dies in seconds burst is king.

GLHF

Played in a group of 12 earlier today. It was batshit crazy and the game was running at 10fps in just about every encounter. People were spamming their grenades and sticky bombs left and right.

Same here. I joined a randoms game and all of a sudden I was doing CM with groups of 12. So awesome.

TsuWave

honestly i had been using a vector til two days ago when i switched to an mp5 and i feel like i was doing better/downing pve and pvp enemies much quicker with the vector (both guns have similar talent rolls)

LiK

Hunting phone recordings and there supposed to be one at this park in Flatiron and it's not here, I see the icon on my map and the distance is 0 and it's not here. Dammit, hope this isn't a perm glitch,

ViciousDS

Banned
Doing daily hards on PS4.....forget challenge mode....not worth my time.

SC-ViciousDS

Also the mission won't reset even when I tell it to and seems bugged.

Anyone figure out how to fix this or get a work around?

Olengie

Hunting phone recordings and there supposed to be one at this park in Flatiron and it's not here, I see the icon on my map and the distance is 0 and it's not here. Dammit, hope this isn't a perm glitch,

could it be underground. Or just a little bit lower

BondFancy

Biggest pet peeve about this game is that in the DZ the max amount of items you can carry is 9, then the extracted part of your stash holds 30. If one makes 3 full runs, they have filled their stash to 27. This begs the question why not 10 Massive, 3 extractions would fill her all the way up. With 9 it leaves an awkward 3 spots, which means you have to make a 1/3 run, or face opportunity cost calculations when you inevitably grab 4 things because bosses drop 2 purples at once.

I really don't understand the metric I'm missing here. My weapons are all maxing out at 150k dps and my health at 50k. I've gotten a lot of gear and none of it is better than the stuff I have now and I craft plenty of mods and recalibrate my armor to get as much out of it.

Where the fuck is 210k dps 80k health gear coming from?

LiK

Biggest pet peeve about this game is that in the DZ the max amount of items you can carry is 9, then the extracted part of your stash holds 30. If one makes 3 full runs, they have filled their stash to 27. This begs the question why not 10 Massive, 3 extractions would fill her all the way up. With 9 it leaves an awkward 3 spots, which means you have to make a 1/3 run, or face opportunity cost calculations when you inevitably grab 4 things because bosses drop 2 purples at once.

Yea, I don't get why it takes up the same amount of space as a Stash. It should end up in the decontaminated stash at a DZ vendor so you can pick and choose the loot separate from the normal stash.

Finally got the platinum

Congrats! Part of the .4%, I got mine when it was still .1% :p

Thanks! I really enjoyed the game so far. while I'm shelving it for now, I'll definitely be back for Incursions. I'm curious to see what the gear sets are all about and can't wait for new info regarding the expansions.

what, no....there are so many new players in the DZ now, we need to kill them all!!

mark them on the map, they will show up on the hud if they are under ground or over ground.

afaik none of the phone recordings are glitched, but some of them are in the subways and you need to go underground to pick them up

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well I'm rank 50 DZ now and bought all of the non-PXC blueprints. Crafted an MP5, AUG next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom