• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Congrats! Part of the .4%, I got mine when it was still .1% :p

what, no....there are so many new players in the DZ now, we need to kill them all!!

mark them on the map, they will show up on the hud if they are under ground or over ground.

afaik none of the phone recordings are glitched, but some of them are in the subways and you need to go underground to pick them up

Yea, I marked it and it's not pointing me to underground entrance at all. Supposed to be top side. I'll go take a look anyway in case.

I also hit a glitch with an Echo where I collected it but it stayed in my map. I think it went away after I relogged in.

Edit: found it. It was underground even tho the arrow kept pointing me to other location lol

Jafku

Congrats! Part of the .4%, I got mine when it was still .1% :p

what, no....there are so many new players in the DZ now, we need to kill them all!!

mark them on the map, they will show up on the hud if they are under ground or over ground.

afaik none of the phone recordings are glitched, but some of them are in the subways and you need to go underground to pick them up
Don't worry Ruthless. I'll still be on for Dark Zone and the occasional CM

Jblanks

Finally got the platinum

Also platinum-ed earlier. Just had the complete every mission at level 30 on Hard, so I just did the dailies until I finished everyone.

I'm hoping the incursions/operations? update comes out in the first half of April; game is getting stale for me, other than a bit of DZ and CM (which are getting boring since there's only a few in rotation).

Jafku

Also platinum-ed earlier. Just had the complete every mission at level 30 on Hard, so I just did the dailies until I finished everyone.

I'm hoping the incursions/operations? update comes out in the first half of April; game is getting stale for me, other than a bit of DZ and CM (which are getting boring since there's only a few in rotation).
Congrats!
I would really like to get the Platinum but they need to fix the fucking broken and bugged Echos ugh.
Sorry to hear that. Only problem I had was one of the echoes icon was still on my map even though I collected it.

Congrats!

Sorry to hear that. Only problem I had was one of the echoes icon was still on my map even though I collected it.

Yeah it appears on the map and never let me collect it. It was part of a side mission where you track people down. The icon and details to collect the actual echo never appeared.

=...|

I hope they fix it otherwise I'll never get the Platinum.

ViciousDS

Banned
I have an HE MP7, it wants a place in your rating. :(

I was just looking at the three being compared on the previous page.

So other than crit chance wouldn't an LMG with a huge mag of let's say 140 rounds be really good for sustainable DPS? Or would the dreadful reload time really kill it for viable use in the end because of needing a quick reload and then moving?

Bruno

So really.....end game easy HE is Aug>MP5>Vector?

I love my Vector is it really that big of a difference overall?

It's not that simple - I will argue (and have argued with numbers) AUG > Vector > MP5. The one clear thing is the AUG is the overall best SMG assuming all the best perks on all 3 types.

ViciousDS

Banned
It's not that simple - I will argue (and have argued with numbers) AUG > Vector > MP5 the one clear thing is the AUG is the overall best SMG

Sucks that it's DZ50.....hoping for a refresh for PXC from the special vendor.....I don't really care for the dark zone

Dr.Acula

Banned
Dude... duuuude! There's a trick to give yourself extra meds and ammo.

In case anyone did not know, you can have seven medkit. To do this, you need to go to http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/agent-origins/index.aspx and simply choose your platform and type the code "AGENTORIGINS". This will get you the 4 outfits in-game. I'm sure everyone knows about that but now what you want to do is redeem the Paramedic Pack from the Rewards Vendor and equip it. When you equip the backpack, go to the restock and you'll see you have seven medkits. Once you see the seven medkits just put on your good backpack and you're set! Goodluck Agents!

Edit: You need a VPN if you are not living in the USA or Canada!!!

Edit 2: Apparently this does not work if you are on PS4 or XBOX and outside of the USA even with a VPN

You can also use the same trick with the police bag to add anther 75% ammo. Been doing this since day 1 and its come in handy for extended DZ encounters.

Kabouter

Been doing this since day 1 and its come in handy for extended DZ encounters.
He probably shouldn't have shared this, because now they'll fix it haha

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...hose_of_you_hoarding_green_and_blue_division/

Massive has confirmed they have no plans to allow you to turn green/blue Division Tech into HE versions like we can when crafting the non DZ items.

Looks like DT is the true endgame and one hell of a bottleneck. Booooooring

In the comments there people mention that he also mentioned likely weekly lockouts on incursions. That's such an awful idea. You can't decide yourself when to play and you need to hope that in your one weekly playthrough you A. Get the type of gear you want and B. That the gear then isn't shit in terms of rolls.

I was just looking at the three being compared on the previous page.

So other than crit chance wouldn't an LMG with a huge mag of let's say 140 rounds be really good for sustainable DPS? Or would the dreadful reload time really kill it for viable use in the end because of needing a quick reload and then moving?

An LMG will have okay sustainable DPS with good sustainable DPS with a large enough magazine but since it's a different weapon archetype so it's not comparable to guns from other categories (Low damage per bullet and relatively slow RoF). The advantage of an LMG really lies in it's ability to suppress enemies easily. Or in the Pakhan's case, it's talents being geared toward killing Elite and Named enemies.

TsuWave

finding a team for challenges is taking longer, i go into matchmaking but i refuse to join other hosts due to being kicked in favor of friends when we get to boss and i assume its the same for other people

KJRage

finding a team for challenges is taking longer, i go into matchmaking but i refuse to join other hosts due to being kicked in favor of friends when we get to boss and i assume its the same for other people

I usually just start the challenge and leave it open for others to join. Can't be kicked that way, as you're the leader. The group fills up quick as well.

Weekly lockouts for Incursions? RIP

Might want to mention that this only works for US players, also this has been known and posted a while back. Should get patched out eventually.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...hose_of_you_hoarding_green_and_blue_division/

Massive has confirmed they have no plans to allow you to turn green/blue Division Tech into HE versions like we can when crafting the non DZ items.

Looks like DT is the true endgame and one hell of a bottleneck. Booooooring

I'm fine with that, there are more important things they need to fix:

HE gear drop rates
HE DT drop rates
CM for other missions
Tons of bugs and glitches and exploits, esp for DZ
Game breaking shit like the backpack crafting one

I'm hoping Massive don't go the Bungie way where players want to play their game but have no reason to.

wait how can AUG be better than the Vector?

My vector blueprint can roll between
DMG 10511-11666

while the AUG blueprint can roll: DMG 9950-10984

Bruno

wait how can AUG be better than the Vector?

My vector blueprint can roll between
DMG 10511-11666

while the AUG blueprint can roll: DMG 9950-10984

xgaRueB.png

AUG does slightly less damage per bullet than the Vector but it scales a lot better with firearms. As your firearms stat increases with better gear the difference becomes larger favoring the AUG.

Tactical Aug: 1.86 damage per firearms
Vector 45: 1.65 damage per firearms
Navy MP-5 N: 1.35 damage per firearms

Not only does it's damage scale better but the range stat is higher than others which makes a pretty big difference in it's effectiveness. Adding more range between you and your target lowers your damage significantly and the AUG does full damage at a larger distance. Look at that damage comparison between the three and you can see the AUG doesn't quite hit as hard as the Vector but overall it's the better balanced weapon.

Stalk

Picked up the game on Thursday since I got a cheap PC key - fun game! I swear to God though that I have yet to meet someone who is using their mic to talk, rather than play back their speakers.

Ushay

Anyone on xbox one experiencing the youtube app randomly opening while playing this game? I never even use the app. Its happened about 3 or 4 times in the past week.

Yeah twice yesterday, strange as fuck issue. Freaked me out thought my Kinect was acting up.

Combine that with the odd crash, it's getting a little frustrating.

Warablo

Right now the ilvl 30 Aug only wins if your firearms are above 2670 or something and get a perfect roll.

Though I agree, overall the Aug is the best Smg, so if you find a ilvl 31 it would be great. The MP5 is great too but its hard to roll because of Division Tech. So right now the Vector is more common.

I have no idea about the MP7. I would need to see the damage values. Though with its high rate of fire already, you could probably slap on a weapon damage mag instead of rate of fire.

Carlius

Banned
good lord these daily misison on hardest diff...anyone wanna help my shitty group? lmao, 2 hours at this mission, the library one.

xgaRueB.png

AUG does slightly less damage per bullet than the Vector but it scales a lot better with firearms. As your firearms stat increases with better gear the difference becomes larger favoring the AUG.

Tactical Aug: 1.86 damage per firearms
Vector 45: 1.65 damage per firearms
Navy MP-5 N: 1.35 damage per firearms

Not only does it's damage scale better but the range stat is higher than others which makes a pretty big difference in it's effectiveness. Adding more range between you and your target lowers your damage significantly and the AUG does full damage at a larger distance. Look at that damage comparison between the three and you can see the AUG doesn't quite hit as hard as the Vector but overall it's the better balanced weapon.

Thanks Bruno.
Will try it out, have a few HE AUG in the stash

how is that possible? mine can only roll 9619 max. how are you guys getting it to roll 11K+

I boosted my Firearms to max before I paid for the blueprint. My brother did not and his blueprint is much worse on DMG than the one I have.

Which scope for my M1A is the best?

MK4 MSA2 x15
17.5% headshot damage
6% Critical hit chance

or the one I am using now:

MK5 x15
18.5% headshot damage
17% accuracy

The one I am using now has a 101773 DPS and if I go for the MK4 scope with headshot damange + critical I only get 96320 DPS... but for some reason I feel the MK4 should be better but its not on paper..

daxy

70 hours later, I'm done with the game. The endgame really is ass. I've generally enjoyed my time up to now, but I can't justify going on any further. It's become a chore. I've got nothing notable to spend PC on. The grind to lv. 50 DZ is too much. There's nothing of substance left to play. I've done some challenging stages and completing the others is not worth the grind. The DZ mats grind is awful. If you can get locked out of incursions, that's hilarious and terrible.

what do you guys mean with Locked out of incursion?

Lockouts are a mechanic meant to prevent players from farming the content. So either it's a Hard Lockout which means you can only complete it once per week. Or a Soft Lockout which means you can play it as much as you want to, but you can only receive loot from it once per week.

It specifically prevents players from progressing too quickly, like we saw with the BK farm.

LiK

ugh, i need a break. these collectibles are quite mindnumbing to collect. i enjoy the audio tidbits but running around for a while gets old.

Krelian

how is that possible? mine can only roll 9619 max. how are you guys getting it to roll 11K+
Boost your firearms stat and watch the number go up. You may have to log out and in again to see the difference.

What I still don't understand is how my AUG can go higher in damage than my Vector while my friend's Vector can go higher than his AUG. Does your firearms stat when buying the blueprint really influence how high it can go? That would be really shitty.

JohnCYQ

Boost your firearms stat and watch the number go up. You may have to log out and in again to see the difference.

What I still don't understand is how my AUG can go higher in damage than my Vector while my friend's Vector can go higher than his AUG. Does your firearms stat when buying the blueprint really influence how high it can go? That would be really shitty.

@3.4k firearms, I can roll an AK with 11k damage or 10k damage. Your friend probably has a high roll Vector and low roll AUG.

Krelian

Your friend probably has a high roll Vector and low roll AUG.
What I mean is that his blueprint values differ from mine. I don't know the exact values but he can roll a Vector with 10k to 12k DMG (for example) and an AUG with 9k to 10k damage while my AUG can be between 10k to 11k and my Vector between 8k and 9k.

Geneijin

What I mean is that his blueprint values differ from mine. I don't know the exact values but he can roll a Vector with 10k to 12k DMG (for example) and an AUG with 9k to 10k damage while my AUG can be between 10k to 11k and my Vector between 8k and 9k.
I have no idea why Massive is displaying weapon damage like this, but the reason for the different values is because the base weapon damage is calculated from the weapon's damage as well as the firearms attribute. It's pretty dumb. I have a Tech build, so when I went for a glass cannon (1000-1500 Stamina), I saw my weapon damage on the gun itself change upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom