• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special C

Getting the agent origins gear for 7 med kits, getting the reckless talent on chest and gloves, rehabilitated on mask are bugs. That's not cheating lol.

That's debatable. Abusing game's bugs and glitches can be considered cheating, as not everyone have the knowledge and/or willingness to abuse them.

Different philosophies I guess. The reckless bug or stacking Smart covers aren't really cheating, but abusing the rehabilitation exploit absolutely is. Either way massive has to get that crap out pronto.

Getting the agent origins gear for 7 med kits, getting the reckless talent on chest and gloves, rehabilitated on mask are bugs. That's not cheating lol.

No but abusing glitches and bugs is considered cheating, just like Destiny players were using the quiver bug to have infinite shadow shots, and are currently using the shadestep glitch to get an unfair advantage in pvp.

Anyone want to join us in the DZ? Just farming for rep, currently at Rank 23.

Reply with PSN ID and I'll send you an invite.

I can join for a bit if you won't mind me shooting on sight every agent that has loot :p

PSN is ruthlesbarbarian

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Mate get a safe room.

LRNaQz3.gif

Great session last night with 8 of us in the DZ. Didn't find any rogues to hunt though.

MevU6BR.png

Definity

I really need to craft an he backpack. Is there a way to do it and avoid the bug? What triggers the lockout on the account once you craft one?

Lima

Eh whatever. I game bugs are fair game. Everyone can use them and in this game especially a lot of people use them without even knowing about them like the mask. My friend has the talent on his mask and he always wondered why he was healing after getting hit by a fire grenade in PvE. Then I told him about it.

Cheating is that shit you see on PC. 999 shots in one magazine, people taking zero damage and downing people across the map with one AK bullet.

Different philosophies I guess. The reckless bug or stacking Smart covers aren't really cheating, but abusing the rehabilitation exploit absolutely is. Either way massive has to get that crap out pronto.

My take on it is it's fine as long as you abuse them for pve only. But ultimately, Massive should patch the game more frequently. New week, new abuse(s).

I really need to craft an he backpack. Is there a way to do it and avoid the bug? What triggers the lockout on the account once you craft one?

Don't craft one when your inventory is full.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

They need to patch that stuff out of the game asap, it's pretty bad in the DZ going up against someone with all those on, really annoying actually.

In other news, having a BLAST in the DZ with some GAFers and GPNZ types: roaming 8 man squads are the new fun times: everyone in slouchies though, no exceptions.

Deku Tree

8 man rogue squads in the DZ are the worst exploit. I mean is it really fun for people to run around with an eight man crew and kill groups of three or fewer in DZ01-02? Scrubs IMO...

I still haven't been able to even beat Lexington with random matchmaking to this day. Challenge modes with random is on another level of difficulty. We can call it challenge+ perhaps.
I have been playing with random almost exclusively and not once did we fail. You must have horrible luck then lol.

just reached the end game

wow even while farming a glitch for phoenix credits it would take me days of farming to buy stuff

going to hold off on this game for a while until the economy gets balanced out a little more--damn

Ecto311

Not even sure how to search something like this but:

Me and my wife played last night for 4 hours trying to do this level 10 hard mission. I am level 14 and so was she. This 17 matches with us and all the characters are 17 with blue and yellow health bars. We did it but it took forever. If she was to kick this guy from the game would the enemies scale down to us again or would we be fucked the entire run till we reset?

Does anybody else have stuttering in the DZ since the last patch? It's really bad, borderline unplayable. Everything outside of the DZ works perfectly, even playing with other people. I'm on xb1.

EL CUCO

I think you'd need the absolute best level 31 gear to solo challenging. I have all 31 stuff and I still get wrecked, but it's not optimal at all.
I thought I'd be able to atleast get in the building lol
_______

Got a Socom M1A with Balanced. I'm in love

hydruxo

Ran into a group of 3 last night who kept going to the ladder spot and then immediately going rogue. Like, we'd kill them all and as soon as they spawned at the checkpoint right next to it, they'd go back there and shoot at us again. No change in strategy or anything. We wiped their whole squad 4 times in a row before they seemingly had enough and respawned elsewhere lol. I'm amazed at how dumb people can be sometimes in this game.

Deku Tree

I feel like I hit a wall with the end game. I've gotten a lot of fun out of this game. Way more than the $60 that I spent. I think my gear has to be more than good enough for Incursions or whatever they are called now.

The whole grind to re-roll to hope for a better roll to grind again to re-roll again is boring. Not my idea of fun.

Massive wanted to promote gear and load out variety but they failed miserably. It's clear now that the best load out is a god roll SMG plus an M1A plus high firearms and good health and around 20K skill.

RNG talents would be fine if there were a lot of different OP load outs that worked. You could work around the roll you got. But as in all of these kinds of games people just find the perk combination that has the fastest TTK and everybody grinds forever to get it.

I don't feel like there is good reason to waste all my materials on rolling for the best possible load out when incursions wil definitely force us to replace all of our gear anyway.

Once I hit DZ 50 I'm just gonna do some quick dailies each day and wait for DLC.

Achamian

What's the shit with people just hanging around outside the Russian consulate instead of starting the mission! Took me about twenty attempts to find a group actually doing the mission o_O

Bradach

I'm lvl 20 and my mate is 30. The way this game punishes the lower lvl player is ridiculous. We ended up not playing together but staying in party chat.

The fix is simple, rather than upping the lvl of the enemies so that they one hit kill the lower level player just reduce the damage done by the higher level player by xx%
That way the person trying to help out his buddy takes the pain rather than the lower level player who is actually trying to do the mission.

Have they mentioned this problem at all?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just hit 30 last night and did both dailies. Nothing new showing up this morning. When does the daily stuff reset?

It was 12:00am in the UK but the clocks just changed last night so might be 1:00am unless Massive change stuff around.

I'm lvl 20 and my mate is 30. The way this game punishes the lower lvl player is ridiculous. We ended up not playing together but staying in party chat.

The fix is simple, rather than upping the lvl of the enemies so that they one hit kill the lower level player just reduce the damage done by the higher level player by xx%
That way the person trying to help out his buddy takes the pain rather than the lower level player who is actually trying to do the mission.

Have they mentioned this problem at all?

It's really fucking bizzare and actively stops people from helping friends I can't figure out why the hell they did it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom