• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That's you. You also have three teammates at any given time. That's besides the point though. I'm talking about the community in general progressing to a point where CMs aren't viewed as difficult anymore. To deny that's part of the effect of the BK farm is to deny the sheer amount of people that participated in the BK farm.

bda21cc309.gif

Enjoy your fantasy land up in the clouds.

Effnine

Forgot about that, is it still Self Preserved/Vicious/Responsive? if so, yes, still really good

Especially if you don't like the extremely small mag size of a Vector

I don't like that small mag, and that's why I run the Midas. I think with mods I have about a 54 bullet clip. It melts people. Haven't fooled more with mods on the Vector yet, but so far the Midas has been great for me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I just got wrecked by a rogue with a fucking pistol while he was running at me and i had smart cover and pulse on while using a Vector. I had full health and the special link buff and I was downed like instantly. I dunno what is up with this game if its just broken in places or lag but it can be so annoying.

A lot of people farmed... What scares me is the people that steamroll cm's. When higher level content comes out we will see if it is majority skill or majority item strength.

Play on fellow Division GAF this game is wicked.

Freeman76

bda21cc309.gif

He is right though, not sure how you can think otherwise really.

Various fuck ups have led to the game being seriously unbalanced, causing issues in DZ and also harder modes becoming a cakewalk. If you cant see that then you must be on a different platform to me (PS4)

Wil348

Got the game today and managed to hit level 20 by doing mainly side quests. Total play time so far is just over 13 hours.

....I may be addicted.

noomi

Got a HE sniper from the DZ the other night, I believe it's called the SRS. The bolt action and rate of fire are nothing compared to my first wave superior one.

Need that high end First Wave drop.

Tainted

That's you. You also have three teammates at any given time. That's besides the point though. I'm talking about the community in general progressing to a point where CMs aren't viewed as difficult anymore. To deny that's part of the effect of the BK farm is to deny the sheer amount of people that participated in the BK farm.

I get the general feeling that most people are hoping the incursions makes things interesting again. I haven't booted up the game in over a week and tbh haven't really missed it

PatDH

I just got wrecked by a rogue with a fucking pistol while he was running at me and i had smart cover and pulse on while using a Vector. I had full health and the special link buff and I was downed like instantly. I dunno what is up with this game if its just broken in places or lag but it can be so annoying.

Still got space? I'll jump on if so.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I get the general feeling that most people are hoping the incursions makes things interesting again. I haven't booted up the game in over a week and tbh haven't really missed it
I don't even care if incursions are high in gunplay difficulty. I really hope massive is developing something special with regards to mechanics. Are we assuming that incursions are going to be a four man affair as well? Did they already say they're four people events?

Bruno

bda21cc309.gif

By the time BK was a thing my friends and I were already facerolling all the CMs. The BK thing in general was a little overrated considering how good the drop rates were the first 3 days the game was live. Anyone who didn't level to 30 quickly though.. the BK farming definitely helped craft a shitload of gear.

Hawk269

Got the game today and managed to hit level 20 by doing mainly side quests. Total play time so far is just over 13 hours.

....I may be addicted.

Damn. I am only Level 17 and I have over 28 hours in the game already. I have been doing a lot of exploring, getting collectibles etc.

This game is starting to grow on me.

Just did two story missions and ran in the Dark Zone for 20 minutes with my buddies. It was a blast.

This game does more for me than Destiny ever did.

Finally encountered someone using hacks in the DZ. This asshole was clipping in and out of buildings at will and taking people out one at time. Once he killed someone he would just clip back into the building and wait for his Rogue status to cool down, then rinse and repeat. Here is a screenshot of the asshole clipping through the geometry.
Now I remember why I stopped playing games on PC for so long.

3C1E3AFB2D5A2EE81279F9C6F4FFF9E44E9AF6E7

Finally encountered someone using hacks in the DZ. This asshole was clipping in and out of buildings at will and taking people out one at time. Once he killed someone he would just clip back into the building and wait for his Rogue status to cool down, then rinse and repeat. Here is a screenshot of the asshole clipping through the geometry.
Now I remember why I stopped playing games on PC for so long.

3C1E3AFB2D5A2EE81279F9C6F4FFF9E44E9AF6E7

Dat username

erawsd

See this bothers me because loot in an MMO works more like puzzle pieces where if one piece has more stat then the other then the weighting of other gear you should equip changes. And since gear is all fixed stats on a budget, you can always make do and have something sub-standard if one slot if it means you can shore up better stats from other pieces.

The thing about randomized loot in MMOs is that they rarely are endgame viable because they either don't roll particular stats or it's because they roll randomly and might also be unpredictable or harder to obtain than just hoping for it to show up in a loot table. There is no problem I think if you want to make an MMO where the majority of loot is randomized, but the problem now is that the drops are so far inbetween that people resort to farming exploits to game the system. It's like we have some weird Frankenstein loot system in place where it's a bit of Diablo and a bit of WoW (or any MMO) instead of just picking one side and going full hog with it.

If anything ilvl 31 purple should've been the highest tier at launch, so the power level of someone in full 30 purples and full 31 purples wasn't so drastic like you see in 30 purples vs 31 yellows like we do now. Then at least you'd have a reason to introduce another tier of gear in an expansion or something. And it would make vendors in safehouses more viable because you're actually evaluating gear on a near-equal level and maybe ilvl 30 purples should also have just been craftable in the first place as soon as you hit 30.

I completely agree with this. The "frankenstein" loot system they currently have just doesnt provide a good loot cycle, they either need to fully embrace the diablo or mmo side of this because grinding for hours to get an HE drop with random stat allocation is just not satisfying.

I don't even care if incursions are high in gunplay difficulty. I really hope massive is developing something special with regards to mechanics. Are we assuming that incursions are going to be a four man affair as well? Did they already say they're four people events?

Yeah, the devs themselves have said that they are 4 man. They also have renamed them to "Operations".

People are definitely looking at the Incursions/Operations to provide a good time. Hopefully it does what it needs to do and provides challenge without being completely cheese.

Though I think we're going to see a lot of sour grapes if they do enforce the trinity, as people are spending a lot of time min/maxing already and some people are going to be upset at having to adjust their builds.

Best way to end a group of 4's manhunt is to steal their thunder by killing everyone coming after them, going on your own manhunt with 2 friends, then going up to obliterate the original nerds who were on manhunt haha.

Oh man I love this game.

Ryhian

Anyone on PS4 running DZ who wouldn't mind a DZ noob joining? Didn't spend much time in DZ as I leveled to 30 so currently only DZ rank 3.

PSN: Ryhian

lt519

what's unclear or too complicated, specifically?

For one, one of the most important statistics is hidden deep in your character stats screen. Armor is arguably more important than the three primary stats.

Other than that the DPS calculation just makes some bad assumptions of hitting all your shots in a clip (some as headshots) and misleads people.

Deku Tree

what's unclear or too complicated, specifically?

What isn't? Like everything is too complicated. They put DPS and Health and Tech as three big stats at the top and then all your equipment has a huge collection of perks that it's unclear exactly what they do and they contribute to your three big numbers in mysterious ways that is often buggy too.

squidyj

What isn't? Like everything is too complicated. They put DPS and Health and Tech as three big stats at the top and then all your equipment has a huge collection of perks that it's unclear exactly what they do and they contribute to your three big numbers in mysterious ways that is often buggy too.

it's definitely buggy but really none of it should be that mysterious, the last thing they need to do is streamline the stats. What can you point to specifically that so mystifies you?

The statistics on your gear in this game are too complicated and unclear. Massive should simplify the system.

Agreed, not to mention that DPS displayed isn't always accurate and the issues with mods providing improper DPS stats. It's fairly broken in that regard.

The loot system makes 99% of the gear you get useless and there just isn't a good positive reinforcement cycle due to it. Most will say it's for mats but at the point when you're grinding to DZ 50 and going after HE Division Tech means those mats are useless. The game is basically filling your inventory with useless garbage that just wastes your time to review, deconstruct and such.

The game has been massively broken from a balance perspective. The first few days rewarded those that sped through to 30 with up to 15 credits per named kill in the DZ! Think about it being like that now for those like me that never got there that quick. Or BK which is only a week ago now. People are still picking up this game and it's barely now gotten to a point of balance but at the cost of people's faith in the games systems.

The loot system needs to be overhauled, especially crafting which should NEVER yield anything worse than what you have. I have crafted 2 dozen of the same weapon mod to never get one better than the random superior one that dropped at some point I don't even remember. Earning PC and then having the mats to craft a HE item is a big investment and shouldn't yield worse gear than what you find via RNG. It should be a guaranteed route to increasing your stats.

The loot and balance of the endgame is much worse then where Destiny was in its first month. Sure #Forever29 sucked but when you finally got that item it was at least what you needed and increased your stats to the point you expected it to. The current gear in The Division has so many stats and perks it becomes very convoluted to compare and contrast between what you have equipped and what you're inspecting and how it will change your stats and such. It feels way too complicated and not in the sense I want something dumbed down, but something that is better presented and explained to the player via UI prompts and details. The constant bugs in the UI displaying incorrect stats makes the comparison impossible sometimes unless your log out and back in. It's ridiculous and a major issue IMO.

The DZ needs stats/gear based matchmaking as well, since a Level 30 who just finished the campaign and probably has a mix of blues and purples is being put up against people with high stats and gear. It's completely unfair and doesn't allow proper balance in the DZ. This should also be done for the CM matchmaking since I've been matched with people who have 40k DPS and never beat a CM before. No thanks, I'll gladly carry and help my friends and people here but not some random person I've been matched with.

The game has a long way to go and hopefully we see patches like we saw earlier this week on a constant basis. However with the news that HE DT will never be craftable makes me think that we're dealing with a system they won't want to change to ensure they are making people bottleneck and play as much as possible. It's all purposeful for player retention.

I am at almost 6 days played in game, at 164/66/20 and all the current content is a breeze. The Dark Zone has breathed some new life for me since I hadn't explored it at all since the last day or so and I'm focusing on the collectibles now. So in the end I've gotten more than my money's worth paying $55 for this game on PS4. Everything is just gravy at this point but we still need these improvements to ensure people keep playing. It's not uncommon to go through a day playing this game without any progression when you hit the end game with HE DT and Rank 50 DZ and that's just plain boring.

Can't wait to play more DZ tonight! =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom