• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

Yes.....there has to be a cap or something where going over isn't giving you the percentage and is dropping something behind the scenes.....or RNG is really, really fucked up

My cousin with 35% RNG last night was getting purples fucking everywhere I did however get the Cadechus or whatever it's called from a random yellow patrol and he didn't lol

It really depends on what the base drop rate is on this stuff. If something has 5% chance of dropping and even if having 100% scavenging doubled your chance, going from 5% to 10% really isnt that big of an increase and its all about being really lucky since there is still a 90% chance you wont get it.

J-Rzez

I said it before and will say it again, magic find aka scavenging in most games is a complete sham.

This game community though is out of hand. Between all the rogue groups picking on solo or two man teams, rogues going in groups of 8+, glitchers, and people kicking people out at the end of the CMs. This game has attracted the worst people.

Ecto311

I'm lvl 20 and my mate is 30. The way this game punishes the lower lvl player is ridiculous. We ended up not playing together but staying in party chat.

The fix is simple, rather than upping the lvl of the enemies so that they one hit kill the lower level player just reduce the damage done by the higher level player by xx%
That way the person trying to help out his buddy takes the pain rather than the lower level player who is actually trying to do the mission.

Have they mentioned this problem at all?
Not sure if stated before but my wife was level 6 and I was 13. I joined her and I could tank all the people walking her through missions. Then she hit my level so fast. Now it's a pain in the ass because 17 level people will join and fuck it all up. I wish you could request level ranges on missions so it's not a crap shoot.

YoungOne

I just purchased the G810 keyboard and it comes with The Division. I was planning to get it on Xbox originally because of my GTX 680's 2GB VRAM, so now I was gonna ask how the game's textures look on 2GB. Anyone with the GTX 680 specifically playing it?
Excited for it nonetheless.
I'm running it on a 760 2gb with a mixture of high/medium/off settings it looks and runs ok.

If and when they tweak the difficulty for Incursions the people who will get boned are the ones who never did BK, Hutch or RC, someone like me for example.

It will require a complete revamping. They'll have to make the current batch of HE much easier to acquire to put players like yourself in a better position to beat that rebalanced content. It's a ton of adjustment.

^ This, definitely.

If this were Blizzard, they would have fixed this kind of exploit asap.
Not leave it there for weeks and I have a feeling Massive would leave the Hornet exploit there for at least a week.

Well.. it's a lot easier to push patches on PC where they don't have to face a QA from two other companies (Sony and MS). I'm sure Massive could push a patch to their PC version faster than they do to console versions (which is already pretty damn fast tbh) but likely they want to keep all versions on the same patch timing. Aside from that Blizzard would issue suspensions or bans for this kind of stuff. But they can do that without huge backlash because it's already known that it can happen.

Lol single handedly rollback hundreds of thousands of accounts......yes.....that's not happening. Most that happens is fixing exploits and that's pretty much it.

Bungie didn't ban or rollback my account for DC farming the raids......and that was serious gear in year one.

"Single handedly?" There's not one person in charge of something like that. And I very clearly said that it wouldn't be every person to get rolled back. Just the worst offenders. The purpose wouldn't be to reset everyone that exploited but to establish the precedent that there will be repercussions for exploiting going forward. Even if there aren't rollbacks there needs to be something to discourage exploiting if Massive ever hopes for this game to reach an equilibrium.

Bungie is a different company altogether and the gear from Atheon didn't influence PvP at that time. There was no Iron Banner yet and there was no Trials either.

That's a nice way to lose your most dedicated player base, as long as farming is worth it (as opposed to actual decent drop rates) people will do them.

Yeah, that's a bs justification. People aren't farming this stuff because the drop rates are bad. The drop rates have been adjusted higher already and HE stuff drops regularly now. You can easily get 2-4 HE drops per day in the DZ in just a few hours worth of playtime and have a good chance at getting drops doing the dailies as well. Drop rates aren't why it's being done.

It's being done because it's the fastest way to progress. Even if the progression was already super fast, most players will choose to progress even faster if given the opportunity. It's been shown to be true over and over again.

Bruno

Quoting myself from an earlier post.

People need to stop thinking people with 200k+ DPS have better weapons than those with 150k+. They might, they might not. The thing is, accuracy boosts the DPS to a ridiculous level. I had a Black Market AK74 with 126k in DPS, then I rolled a new one with one talent being 46% accuracy. DPS went from 126k to 186k. For some reason, Massive thinks you will hit targets significantly more with a higher accuracy. While this is true to some extent, it just isn't, ironically, accurate in terms of how much more damage you will do. While stats like stability, optimal range, crit damage, crit chance etc. won't boost DPS as much as accuracy, they are, in my opinion, a lot more important.

READ THIS: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...Damage-amp-You

qSyn0Wi.png

232509 without stacking any accuracy - I can get it as high as 245K but I lose one of my perks if I lower my stamina.

mosdl

Well.. it's a lot easier to push patches on PC where they don't have to face a QA from two other companies (Sony and MS). I'm sure Massive could push a patch to their PC version faster than they do to console versions (which is already pretty damn fast tbh) but likely they want to keep all versions on the same patch timing. Aside from that Blizzard would issue suspensions or bans for this kind of stuff. But they can do that without huge backlash because it's already known that it can happen.

Eh, it had to be a server side issue (since it was a respawn) so they probably could have fixed it with no client side fix.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I have it unlocked I get from 30-60+ depending on the area.
Thanks, and looking at some videos on YouTube (though with a GTX 770 2GB which is nearly equivalent to a GTX 680), I think I will just lock it to 30fps and set graphics as high as it can go, HBAO+ definitely if I can. And if I decide to play the dark zone seriously then I'll look into setting it to low-medium for 60fps, or I can just put DZ off until I can upgrade the PC.
Thanks again.

People aren't farming this stuff because the drop rates are bad. The drop rates have been adjusted higher already and HE stuff drops regularly now. You can easily get 2-4 HE drops per day in the DZ in just a few hours worth of playtime and have a good chance at getting drops doing the dailies as well. Drop rates aren't why it's being done.

Drop rates are abysmal and it's the exact reason why players are resorting to farming.

TsuWave

getting to the point where the fun evaporated and its just grind. there really isn't much to do, high end drop rates being so low and the vendors not rotating their high end blueprints really hurts the game, not to mention division tech.

also, game is a chore when playing by yourself, DZ especially.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Drop rates are abysmal and it's the exact reason why players are resorting to farming.

Precisely. This exploit is significantly more difficult and time consuming to setup than Bulletking was, but it's still more efficient than farming Lexingon/Lincoln Tunnel or running through DZ06.

Players will always find the path of least resistance towards better gear. Same reason the Loot Cave was so popular, and why Haedrig's wife was slaughtered so many times.

3-4 HE drops per day is abysmal? What, exactly, would be a good drop rate in your opinion? Keep in mind that once a player buys a blueprint, Purple and Blue drops then become a resource for continually crafting HE's until you get exactly what you want. And Blueprints will be easier to purchase as soon as they can fix the stability issue that cropped up with the tiered PC rewards for the higher level mobs.

The only resource that's actually at a low drop rate is Gold Div Tech which these mission farms don't alleviate at all.

Granadier

3-4 HE drops per day is abysmal? What, exactly, would be a good drop rate in your opinion? Keep in mind that once a player buys a blueprint, Purple and Blue drops then become a resource for continually crafting HE's until you get exactly what you want. And Blueprints will be easier to purchase as soon as they can fix the stability issue that cropped up with the tiered PC rewards for the higher level mobs.

The only resource that's actually at a low drop rate is Gold Div Tech which these mission farms don't alleviate at all.

Yes. If you are farming DZ all day and only see 4 HE's...that's shit for a loot based game.
Especially when good gear is gated behind an RNG of an RNG, and 90% of the high end DZ drops are fucking gear mods.

TsuWave

Yes. If you are farming DZ all day and only see 4 HE's...that's shit for a loot based game.
Especially when good gear is gated behind an RNG of an RNG, and 90% of the high end DZ drops are fucking gear mods.

exactly.

232509 without stacking any accuracy - I can get it as high as 245K but I lose one of my perks if I lower my stamina.

can you post your entire build please

So then you'd prefer the loot to rain from the sky but the vast majority of it to be completely worthless?

Contextually, games like Diablo have high level stuff rain from the sky because it doesn't actually make you stronger but instead, it changes the way your character plays. It creates build diversity. The Division isn't made to support that though, as you already see players ignoring the majority of the support and tank talents and opting for straight damage. Even high Tech builds tend to focus on Skills that boost damage. So if you start dropping HE's every other mob... all you're doing is inflating numbers. Player Damage goes up.. so then Enemy Damage and Armor needs to go up in response, etc.. etc.. The only real effect is that there's no longer tiers of anything.

Granadier

So then you'd prefer the loot to rain from the sky but the vast majority of it to be completely worthless?

Contextually, games like Diablo have high level stuff rain from the sky because it doesn't actually make you stronger but instead, it changes the way your character plays. It creates build diversity. The Division isn't made to support that though, as you already see players ignoring the majority of the support and tank talents and opting for straight damage. Even high Tech builds tend to focus on Skills that boost damage. So if you start dropping HE's every other mob... all you're doing is inflating numbers. Player Damage goes up.. so then Enemy Damage and Armor needs to go up in response, etc.. etc.. The only real effect is that there's no longer tiers of anything.

I don't see how anything you've said here defending the current state is good.

Destiny has guns that drastically change your playstyle. Diablo has legendaries that drastically change your playstyle. The Division should adopt the same mentality and introduce weapons/gear that do the same (within reason considering Tom Clancy's universe).

There is literally no getting around the fact that at it's core The Division is a loot based game. Right now that loot based system is: 1. gather up a bunch of purple drops and dismantle them. 2. craft some gear and hope for good roles.
This leads to 90% of the player base rocking the same gear with the only difference being the amount of damage they put out or the amount of damage they can absorb.

That will become boring very, very quickly.

(also to beat down the idea that drop rates are "good" right now even more, I have 160 hours into this game and have seen 4 high ends. 2 of which were useless gear mods, and the other 2 were a Midas that is worthless now and an M4 that only favors a heavy tech build)

Who's getting 3-4 HE a day? That one lucky guy?

Playing since launch and I've had total of SIX HE drops from DZ - 4 of those were performance mods. ZERO HE drops from any of the story bosses on hard or CM.

And it's the same story with a lot of other players.

3-4 HE a day...what a joke.

soultron

Banned
Wow I'm playing my first challenging daily mission and I'm getting fucking wrecked. Is it always this hard?
You need to be on mics, communicating, and constantly making sure your skills+skill mods support each other and the PVE situation. For example, in Russian Consulate, you always want at least one person with Flashbang Stickybomb to control the rushing shotgun mobs. Having others with the Ammo Recovery Station allows your DPS agents to dump ammo for longer fights without having to restock.

I was a fresh 30 last night and had a really good player act as a sherpa and he taught myself and 2 others how to properly play and I think it took us less than 20 minutes. We only wiped once at the final fight due to one guy getting sent back to the mission start after stepping on a trap.

I don't see how anything you've said here defending the current state is good.

Destiny has guns that drastically change your playstyle. Diablo has legendaries that drastically change your playstyle. The Division should adopt the same mentality and introduce weapons/gear that do the same (within reason considering Tom Clancy's universe).

Destiny's guns do not drastically change your playstyle at all. At regularly as they rebalance weapons, the playerbase finds the most efficient loadout and then everyone runs it. Aka Gjallahorn everything PvE in Y1. AR primary, High Impact Sniper Rifle secondary for Raids. HC's and Snipers or Shotguns late Y1, early Y2. etc... It's the exact reason why there have been so many weapon rebalances in Destiny because loadouts become the Meta.

There is literally no getting around the fact that at it's core The Division is a loot based game. Right now that loot based system is: 1. gather up a bunch of purple drops and dismantle them. 2. craft some gear and hope for good roles.
This leads to 90% of the player base rocking the same gear with the only difference being the amount of damage they put out or the amount of damage they can absorb.

That will become boring very, very quickly.

Just like Destiny is all about getting the Weapons that are in the current meta and then get their LL as high as possible. So 90% of the playerbase is rocking the same gear. Because build diversity is hard to push the community into when the games core combat is shooting.

Playing since launch and I've had total of SIX HE drops from DZ - 4 of those were performance mods. ZERO HE drops from any of the story bosses on hard or CM.

And It's the same story with a lot of other players.

3-4 HE a day...what a a joke.

If you've only had six HE drops from DZ, that's absurdly bad luck and I honestly don't know how that's happened post-patch. I play DZ in the evenings for about 4 hours or so and a lot of time is diverted to fighting other players, so it's not a straight farm and I end up with 2-3 HE's on average from boss kills. 2-4 Div Tech per night on nights when I do Div Tech farming rather than Enemy farming (I never end up doing both, my group just aren't the type to focus on one activity for very long). The other guys in my group that play more than I do have a higher average loot haul than I do and I chalk that up to time spent playing.

Ellite25

You need to be on mics, communicating, and constantly making sure your skills+skill mods support each other and the PVE situation. For example, in Russian Consulate, you always want at least one person with Flashbang Stickybomb to control the rushing shotgun mobs. Having others with the Ammo Recovery Station allows your DPS agents to dump ammo for longer fights without having to restock.
Yeah that makes sense, can't just use brute force to get through. I usually play by myself and then just hop in with ransoms for the bigger missions so that will be a problem for me.

soultron

Banned
Yeah that makes sense, can't just use brute force to get through. I usually play by myself and then just hop in with ransoms for the bigger missions so that will be a problem for me.
Yeah, you probably won't be able to solo these. Playing with teams that communicate is essential. It also gives you 4P with the special tactical link skills!

J-Rzez

It is pretty much abysmal, scavenging is a placebo at best. People will say "but I get 3-5 in 4hours of play" but they think that's the norm for everyone. I haven't got a HE drop in days now.

Iceman829

Hopefully DZ 5/6 doesn't glitch out again on me tonight. Everytime I load in the Q building is empty and this other street fight area is empty. There is no other squad because the other named enemies are there and all chests and dtech haven't been touched. Game is so glitchy at times

Well back to flying the drone around while the dog chases it. I'll check with the Xbox guys later for some activities. I hope anyone that celebrates is having a happy easter

T.O.P

Banned
After 3 hours of RC farm the only HE i got was this and a mod

tomclancysthedivisionrrsr0.jpg

ugh, and i think i was the lucky one of the team :(

I had 110% Scavenging, this is soooo wrong

Granadier

Destiny's guns do not drastically change your playstyle at all. At regularly as they rebalance weapons, the playerbase finds the most efficient loadout and then everyone runs it. Aka Gjallahorn everything PvE in Y1. AR primary, High Impact Sniper Rifle secondary for Raids. HC's and Snipers or Shotguns late Y1, early Y2. etc... It's the exact reason why there have been so many weapon rebalances in Destiny because loadouts become the Meta.

Just like Destiny is all about getting the Weapons that are in the current meta and then get their LL as high as possible. So 90% of the playerbase is rocking the same gear. Because build diversity is hard to push the community into when the games core combat is shooting.

If you've only had six HE drops from DZ, that's absurdly bad luck and I honestly don't know how that's happened post-patch. I play DZ in the evenings for about 4 hours or so and a lot of time is diverted to fighting other players, so it's not a straight farm and I end up with 2-3 HE's on average from boss kills. 2-4 Div Tech per night on nights when I do Div Tech farming rather than Enemy farming (I never end up doing both, my group just aren't the type to focus on one activity for very long). The other guys in my group that play more than I do have a higher average loot haul than I do and I chalk that up to time spent playing.

It's like beating my head against a brick wall arguing with you, so I'm done. Loot is an issue with this game. Build diversity is an issue within this game. If you don't think so then you are delusional, I'm sorry.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hopefully DZ 5/6 doesn't glitch out again on me tonight. Everytime I load in the Q building is empty and this other street fight area is empty. There is no other squad because the other named enemies are there and all chests and dtech haven't been touched. Game is so glitchy at times

Well back to flying the drone around while the dog chases it. I'll check with the Xbox guys later for some activities. I hope anyone that celebrates is having a happy easter

Got my easter eggs nom nom nom.

Those sections have been broken for us still. The enemies spawned in the Q Building last night but the boss didn't. :\

Are the normal [non-challenge mode] Dailies doable for a fresh 30, or would you guys recommend gearing up a bit before jumping into them? 75K DPS right now.

Granadier

Are the normal [non-challenge mode] Dailies doable for a fresh 30, or would you guys recommend gearing up a bit before jumping into them? 75K DPS right now.

Perfectly doable, but I would recommend going with a group rather than trying to solo them just yet.

TsuWave

And it's the same story with a lot of other players.

3-4 HE a day...what a joke.

does scavenging even affect anything? i had a build with 166% scavenging and a friend had 9% we farmed DZ almost an entire day and we both got 1 HE drop each, mine was a gear mod, his was a chest piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom