• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest

Not Banned from OT
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4c6txq/massive_is_making_the_same_mistake_blizzard_made/. This reddit thread basically explains the problem I have with it and having hundreds of hours into D3, its a lot like vanilla d3. right now your best way of getting a HE is crafting, so the game turns into a crafting simulator, and going around looting mat chests, not really killing anything. People want to kill things to get loot, not run chest to chest, but that's what they've been driven too by the system. Crafting should be a secondary option when the drops aren't going your way, not your main source of HE's. People used to do exploits with chests in D3 back in the day, but nowadays you get drops at such a decent rate just playing the game that I haven't seen anything like that in awhile. Its already RNG rolls on top of RNG drops, its ok to give people more drops to keep them engaged because it probably won't even be the rolls they want, but at least people are being rewarded for playing the game.

That sums up most of my feelings about the end game. They could up the drop rate by 300% easily with how much RNG there is on gear. You might need to loot/craft hundreds of 1 single slot to get a good one thanks to uncontrolled RNG like Vanilla D3. IMO a loot game should be lots of drops with RNG or rare drops with no RNG. Right now it is the worst of both worlds imo.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Whenever someone complains about the lawlessness or unfairness of the Dark Zome and falsely spouts that it was designed that way...I'm reminded of this video they made for E3.
Where the devs literally ganked an innocent squad followed by a friend dropping group to slaughter his teammates.

http://youtu.be/_QZigT9o6WU

M.J. Doja

Banned
Seems people want the freedom to go solo-bot-grind a boss, as opposed to the running around and collecting mats. But most MMOs have material grinds and nobody is forcing you to grind for a better gun if as you said, there is no content at that point to use said gun on anyway.

Whenever someone complains about the lawlessness or unfairness of the Dark Zome and falsely spouts that it was designed that way...I'm reminded of this video they made for E3.
Where the devs literally ganked an innocent squad followed by a friend dropping group to slaughter his teammates.

That isn't the same as rogue baiting and running in front of fire and doing stupid things.

That's intense group dynamics that would benefit greatly from a clan system in the game. Imagine gangs and clans you could betray each other for.

Is it worth it to run 1889 electronics to activate more talents? Or do people just write those off as dead talents they'll never use?

Depends on the Talent and your personal build. I was able to get to 1889 Electronics for my talents with a couple of good gear mods but I'm also not someone who stacks a ton of Firearms and Stam. I'm fairly balanced across the board on all three categories and instead focus on keeping that balance (while growing numbers) and improving my Armor.

Yuuichi

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4c6txq/massive_is_making_the_same_mistake_blizzard_made/. This reddit thread basically explains the problem I have with it and having hundreds of hours into D3, its a lot like vanilla d3. right now your best way of getting a HE is crafting, so the game turns into a crafting simulator, and going around looting mat chests, not really killing anything. People want to kill things to get loot, not run chest to chest, but that's what they've been driven too by the system. Crafting should be a secondary option when the drops aren't going your way, not your main source of HE's. People used to do exploits with chests in D3 back in the day, but nowadays you get drops at such a decent rate just playing the game that I haven't seen anything like that in awhile. Its already RNG rolls on top of RNG drops, its ok to give people more drops to keep them engaged because it probably won't even be the rolls they want, but at least people are being rewarded for playing the game.

Yup.

As I see it, there's basically no reason for me to play right now. Too much work for too little reward, and no content to justify it.

J-Rzez

Hyperbole at it's finest. The DZ is not making people quit playing and they are not Ghost Lands. Sounds like you are projecting sir.

Certainly hyperbole as all my friends quit but one who will only do pve. Now I can't even venture into the DZ because I'll get ganked by griefer groups, opportunists, or hackers. And I need HE DT at this point or better drops lol.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Yup.

As I see it, there's basically no reason for me to play right now. Too much work for too little reward, and no content to justify it.

What were you expecting though when you get through the content as fast as possible? Just play the game and enjoy it, lol, it's not a job.

I have to say Angry Joe's review nails this game perfectly.

Nothing about the game memorable. The DZ balance is completely fucked and boring. Quite the "endgame."

I think people missed it when Massive said DZ is the end game, love it or hate it

They didn't say this. They said the DZ is where the best drops will be but they were even skittish on that. Basically the DZ is where the best stuff is because Raid-like activity wouldn't be in the game at launch and they didn't want to admit that.

I am getting worked on challenge mode. Anyone want to help me out? I just recently hit 30 I think I'm under geared. Xbox one GT is mrfurious124569

On my slow journey to 200k.

12377784_252297758437321_3183776377177767548_o.jpg

Just did my first challenge mode mission. Lincoln tunnel. Did it with randoms, and there was 12 of us doing the mission. 3 individual groups all doing the one mission in the same instance. I take it that isn't normal? Was quite laggy too but also a lot of fun.

Yup.

Hundreds of us said this in the weeks after beta, it was pretty obvious what the endgame was going to exactly be like after experiences with MMOs, Diablo, Destiny, MOBAs, etc. The only caveat were the rumors of a possible Rikers Island raid people kept mentioning, but its pretty obvious now there are not going to be any raids in The Division, at all. There is about 20 hours of good content, another 40 hours of sorta fun grindy content, and then your time investment diminishes extremely rapidly after that.

Also why so many of us said to buy this game on console and physical regular (not gold) edition. I put 80+ hours into the game over 2 weeks, completely enjoyed my time, got the platinum trophy, and traded the game in with no regrets for $35, basically paying $3 for a 2 week rental (best buy pre order). I'll probably come back some time down the road, but for now its on to other games.

Gator86

That's someone choosing to betray their allies and go rogue. That's different than running into someone's grenade. The former makes sense from both a gameplay and in-universe perspective whereas the latter does not. Massive themselves have been patching the game to try and deter the rogue baiting. One of the most heralded fixes after the beta was the removal of the turret rogue bait. The current DZ is just kind of goofy and dumb. That doesn't mean it's entirely devoid of fun or excitement, but I'd enjoy it more if Massive focused on facilitating more interesting rogue dynamics than those currently in the game.

nbraun80

They didn't say this. They said the DZ is where the best drops will be but they were even skittish on that. Basically the DZ is where the best stuff is because Raid-like activity wouldn't be in the game at launch and they didn't want to admit that.
I don't even know if raid stuff is the best way to go, having one or two is fine, but I think something with a week lockout lost my and probably other people's attention like in destiny. Not saying everything needs to be like D3, but something in the vain of greater rifts would be a great addition. They have a couple of options that would fit into the world. Either a skyscraper that you clear floors on and every 10 floors or so is a boos fight and it gets harder every so many floors too. Have leaderboards for solo, 2, 3, and 4 player squads do you don't always have to have a 4-man to do something. Thay or they could do something similar but going down into the subways and underground.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't even know if raid stuff is the best way to go, having one or two is fine, but I think something with a week lockout lost my and probably other people's attention like in destiny. Not saying everything needs to be like D3, but something in the vain of greater rifts would be a great addition. They have a couple of options that would fit into the world. Either a skyscraper that you clear floors on and every 10 floors or so is a boos fight and it gets harder every so many floors too. Have leaderboards for solo, 2, 3, and 4 player squads do you don't always have to have a 4-man to do something. Thay or they could do something similar but going down into the subways and underground.
so horde mode with better loot drops the more waves you go through? Don't get me wrong it's a good idea.

nbraun80

so horde mode with better loot drops the more waves you go through? Don't get me wrong it's a good idea.

Yeah I just like the IDE of clearing floors with an infinitely scaling difficulty. Just something for us to test our builds against and cooperation. Something that gets people to have that 'one more' mentality like ok floor 53 is my high but maybe if I change my skills or not waste so many medpacks I can get to floor 54.

erawsd

That is what the first expansion actually sounds like. Well have to see though.

Isn't the incursion soon?

All we know is sometime in April. Could be as much as a month away from now.

ViciousDS

Banned
Hyperbole at it's finest. The DZ is not making people quit playing and they are not Ghost Lands. Sounds like you are projecting sir.

I wouldn't say quit playing

But look at the pace this OT has taken.....it has slowed waaaayyyyy the fuck down and activity fucking dropped like crazy compared to the first. It's called honeymoon period and it hit this game decently hard.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

But look at the pace this OT has taken.....it has slowed waaaayyyyy the fuck down and activity fucking dropped like crazy compared to the first. It's called honeymoon period and it hit this game decently hard.

Every person on friend list is playing the damn thing it seems. It's just like destiny, everyone complains about it, but everyone keeps playing it. Loot fiends lol!

The DZ is a place where assholes thrive. I saved someone from death... My reward he turns around and kills the guy that just picked him up from his knees.. Smh.

So Granadier, Deception and a friend were on a manhunt and saw an extraction happening at the parking garage in dz02. As we ran up we saw three other players turn tail and run. So we chased them and they evaded us. Then we saw another extraction happening in dz01. We went to check it out and saw the same three players- they turned tail and ran again! So we kept chasing them. One fell. Another. And then the last man fell...

And he was carrying a Midas.

Hjod

Banned
I just rolled a MP5 with Brutal, Destructive and Fierce. I think I'll keep it.

Just need more yellow DT for the mods, DT farming yay.

Destiny threads are a bit unique. There are more in-jokes and memes and no Discord. And with all the long load times, there's plenty of time for quick posts even when actively playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom