• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
All blueprints are rank 50.

Ggggaaaahhhhhh that's such a long grind.....
Whatever..... At least I don't have to worry about loot extraction unless it's HE at this point..... All purples are garbage for the most part at the stage I'm at. So farming credits and PXC is all I care in the DZ

Whatever..... At least I don't have to worry about loot extraction unless it's HE at this point..... All purples are garbage for the most part at the stage I'm at. So farming credits and PXC is all I care in the DZ

Just do DZ and focus on the mobs it can be done.

But crafting materials! D:

I will get to dz rank 50 eventually..wont grind that shit out..over time perhaps..
mJGHXGN.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
From Reddit said:
I'm not actually convinced the 'shotgunners' actually have shotguns. I think there may be a typo in their weapon name or something, it says Super 90, but I think it's supposed to say *Sniper* 90, with the 90 being the effective range in kilometers.

Perfectly summarizes the enemy shotguns in this game. Fuck those guys.
Also, every grenadier is a retired MLB outfielder.

theWB27

On xbox one. There's a manhunt for two guys wholeD up upstairs. I think one of their names is sniper something.

I know their level said 51 and I'm a lowly 34, but f it. I go after them and get killed 3 times in a row.

I then equip the fire turret and the cloud mine. I send the mine first, then perfectly place the fire turret.

On top of that there's a second guy laying bullets into him along with me.

Nothing. We get killed, he's immune to fire and bullets and I know it's time to go to sleep.

All I know is I gotta get better. The grind continues.

bjaelke

uplay doesn't have groups like steam does it? would like to join up with gaf in the dz preferably.

Your best option is to join our Discord channel which basically serves the same purpose + we get to circumvent the 60 second posting rule.

Quote to reveal Discord invite link

Deception

Today has been a good day for me. Went up to 41 in the DZ thanks to Wes and Granadier, finally got my midas (also thanks and Granadier) and also have my ideal stats with all my gear. Now I just need my 50 in DZ and I'll be good to go.

Today has been a good day for me. Went up to 41 in the DZ thanks to Wes and Granadier, finally got my midas (also thanks and Granadier) and also have my ideal stats with all my gear. Now I just need my 50 in DZ and I'll be good to go.
Cheers! Glad you ran with us. 50 isn't far away now!

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Seems someone has figured out teleport hacking. I keep encountering it in the DZ :/. I've had a few snipers up on buildings you can't reach so they can sit out their manhunt. Others teleporting up to you on buildings when you are trying to extract gear.

I keep catching it all on Twitch but i expect ubisoft to do nothing.

Edit: PC version of course.

Maximus P

Came across my very first abusive player today after well over 20 hours in the dark zone.

He went rougue on me twice for no reason before repeating the words 'piece of shit' over and over on my dead body,and then threw abusive language at other players nearby. Everytime I came close to killing him he just ran away and camped on top of some ladders with his buddies so neither I or any of my newly found team mates could get close.

Shame becuase everyone else I've come across has been pretty cool. And I've even made some new online buddies despite them killing me.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Perfectly summarizes the enemy shotguns in this game. Fuck those guys.
Also, every grenadier is a retired MLB outfielder.

Video games and shotguns, they are always all over the place, you usually end up with either shotguns that can snipe people across the map or shotguns that do no damage a meter away. As for some of these grenadiers, early on they are pretty easy to deal with, but these top level ones need to be hit with something short of nuclear weapon to stop them throwing a bunch of grenades at you sometimes.

This game sorely needs a companion app. I spend a lot of time in my inventory trying to get the perfect gear or mods. It'll be nice if a can do that as well as craft and collect materials from the BoO on my phone.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So is there much point running around the map and killing all the named enemies for the small chance they might drop something good? They only spawn once now so when they are gone they are gone, but there isn't much point them hanging around on the map when they have the small possibility of dropping something nice right?

noomi

Happy Monday Morning DivisionGAF! Back to work for me today, so that means I'll be spamming the thread full force :p

Hope everyone who celebrated had a nice Easter :)

Matt Frost

I think I am done with The Division for now... at least until the raid arrives. Now every CM is like a joke, blaze through them in minutes, same as the missions on hard. The rewards are too samey.. only get one thing that makes my character a little better every 10 hours of playing and only makes it like 1% better in some statistics, got every blueprint I wanted, bought everything at the church, 200K DPS, 100K armor, 20K electronics... Can't be more balanced than that... got most of the weapons (most named ones)... I wanted... survive manhunts on purpose.... I guess thats what I get for playing this non-stop since the release... its been out for two weeks and I played 8 full days of out it lol... raid needs to arrive soon...

I been thinking about other games in the meantime... What about Dying Light? Enhanced Edition looks amazing... What other similar games are out there on PS4?

Entered Dark Zone.
Mark nearby extraction.
Kill 6 players.
Go on Manhunt.
Survive manhunt, not a single player came to hunt us down.

:(

Right now this is my primary way to have fun. Kill a team (often by myself), then start a manhunt, let them come while I move through the map, they come, they die quickly, so quick that they realize and underleveled for me and never come back to finish me... Go to extraction point, kill players, steal their loot, kill everyone... I am surprised the lack of players that come after you... Massive should make the rewards for ending manhunt players bigger..

noomi

Was at Easter Dinner with my wife family last night, and got to talking with my brother in law about The Division. Had no idea he picked it up, but we quickly starting exchanging stories from the Dark Zone and both talked about how much we enjoy the game. Twas a nice surprise.

I think I am done with The Division for now... at least until the raid arrives. Now every CM is like a joke, blaze through them in minutes, same as the missions on hard. The rewards are too samey.. only get one thing that makes my character a little better every 10 hours of playing and only makes it like 1% better in some statistics, got every blueprint I wanted, bought everything at the church, 200K DPS, 100K armor, 20K electronics... Can't be more balanced than that... got most of the weapons (most named ones)... I wanted... survive manhunts on purpose.... I guess thats what I get for playing this non-stop since the release... its been out for two weeks and I played 8 full days of out it lol... raid needs to arrive soon...

I been thinking about other games in the meantime... What about Dying Light? Enhanced Edition looks amazing... What other similar games are out there on PS4?

Once I get to around level 55-60 in the Dark Zone, acquire the gear I want, and platinum the game I will most likely take a little break as well, and that's completely fine. I have the season pass so I will continue to play through-out year one and also whenever updates arrive and there is new content to be had.

Lots of good games coming over the next few months. Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, Ratchet & Clank, Quantum Break, No Mans Sky...etc There will be plenty to do, and you will have many to chose from :)

DrBo42

Gear that has kill xp on it is a huge help for grinding dz rank.

120v

dying light reminds me alot of Division, for what it's worth. very different games obvs but the urban jungle setting probably feels right at home after playing division for awhile.

Leyasu

Banned
I just did matchmaking with randoms. Playing it again with even more people! PS4 btw.

I know how to do it, but every time I try the person either leaves or gets booted after 5 seconds.

So, the first time that you loaded in, did you have to do anything???

I don't know what I am not doing right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom