• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So Granadier, Deception and a friend were on a manhunt and saw an extraction happening at the parking garage in dz02. As we ran up we saw three other players turn tail and run. So we chased them and they evaded us. Then we saw another extraction happening in dz01. We went to check it out and saw the same three players- they turned tail and ran again! So we kept chasing them. One fell. Another. And then the last man fell...

And he was carrying a Midas.

Horrible people you are.

Falchion

Just started playing this today and wow is it fun with some friends. Love the feel of the gameplay and the weapon system isn't overwhelming like Destiny can be so it's easy to get going.

spyder_ur

What perks am I looking for on my AK? I can basically roll to my hearts content right now. Honestly though, it seems like it's going to be tough to hit the requirements for all three skills - I don't get how people are doing that. Mod slots?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
100k health to 70k but improved armour. Pretty happy now since I got all talents unlocked.

Navy MP-5 even with two real good Critical talents is somehow worse than the Vector. The Vector fucking destroys pulsed enemies including 32 bosses.

jBdv0iS.png

And hey this guy is super happy to be in the DZ.

LRNaQz3.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So Granadier, Deception and a friend were on a manhunt and saw an extraction happening at the parking garage in dz02. As we ran up we saw three other players turn tail and run. So we chased them and they evaded us. Then we saw another extraction happening in dz01. We went to check it out and saw the same three players- they turned tail and ran again! So we kept chasing them. One fell. Another. And then the last man fell...

That's not how the Dark Zone is supposed to be played. You are a monster.

I wouldn't say quit playing

But look at the pace this OT has taken.....it has slowed waaaayyyyy the fuck down and activity fucking dropped like crazy compared to the first. It's called honeymoon period and it hit this game decently hard.

True, 11000 posts in 10 days is pretty slow.

Ketch

yea no, the extractions blink when they're active in case you want to go there and help the players beat the NPCs so they can extract safely.

group hug!

What perks am I looking for on my AK? I can basically roll to my hearts content right now. Honestly though, it seems like it's going to be tough to hit the requirements for all three skills - I don't get how people are doing that. Mod slots?

Lots of mod slots with 31 mods, and gear that has bonuses to two, or all three stats. I'm at 2500/1900/2100 right now.

Just after I dropped off a full pack for extraction some silly rogues came after me. Popped my damage reduction speed boost and sprinted across the entire dark zone with them nipping at my heels before I reached an exit.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Jumped into the DZ yesterday and was running around solo for a few hours. Within the first 10 minutes of being inside I kind of over extended into a firefight and got flanked and downed. Managed to crawl around a corner then a car figuring "well hope against hope someone might be around? whatever all good..." and sure enough someone runs over and picks me up, heals me, buffs me and then he and his squad help me clear out the street and the extraction point.
For one moment I write this off as a lucky encounter. I flash em a wave when we all finish extracting. they go one way I go the other and it's all good. The crazy comes when - over the next 2 hours - I run into not only those same 4 guys but at least 2 more groups of guys all completely running that coop juice and helping each other out. At one point there were at least 8 or 9 of us in one area clearing buildings/streets and just running cover. A couple flashes of Rogue that NO ONE decided to jump on. Just a proper passing team up that ended up lasting my entire play session.
4 of them (not the original group) ended up running me to a checkpoint when I was done for the night and flashed me waves as I jogged up to the door.

Truly crazy awesome experience made all the more special by the rampant opportunity to be a complete bellend within the DZ. I already loved the DZ (personally i find at least one HE a day and i only get a couple hours in the DZ at most a day..) but this cemented it. You have assholes sure... people who make their living off finding solo guys like myself and making life hard but godamnit bruh... there are good people out there too. Gonna be paying that one forward with my crew later this week for sure.

ViciousDS

Banned
So DZ credits buy......garbage

You have to have PXC to buy the good shit(blueprints only things worth a damn in the DZ).....we murdered all the named mobs in the pit me and another guy

They all dropped fucking blues! Also no Phoenix credits dropped.....what the fuck

And

It takes five years to level DZ rank

Yes.....this is really exciting stuff!

True, 11000 posts in 10 days is pretty slow.

Um......it's more like 11k posts in 12 days

First OT....20k and new OT in 7 days

It has slowed way down like I said

quest

Not Banned from OT
Lots of mod slots with 31 mods, and gear that has bonuses to two, or all three stats. I'm at 2500/1900/2100 right now.

Outside holster what gear rolls more than 1 stat?

What would be the next logical purchase I have the vector, magazine, knee pads and mask. I am only DZ 31 so only BoO plans for me. I am still working on getting a good vector so that leaves out getting the AK. I am torn between HE gear mods or HE weapon mods for my vector.

Yuuichi

If you need something else other than having fun with video games, then maybe you need another hobby.

It is fun and I'm still doing the dailies to hoard resources, but past that there's nothing worth doing when I have a limited amount of gaming time. Doesn't help that there's no concrete goal to work towards either, ala Greater Rifts in D3.

Yup, if you're rogue or manhunt and see other players running away from you instead of trying to kill you, it means they most likely have HE loot that they don't want to risk losing.

This happened yesterday, we went on manhunt twice but the second time not a single player came to try and kill us. We had to go out on the hunt and saw players running away from us.

yea no, the extractions blink when they're active in case you want to go there and help the players beat the NPCs so they can extract safely.

group hug!

No, if you see an extraction going on, you run towards it and kill the extracting players and steal their loot before they can get it away.

CRS

So first it's the Russian Consulate glitch where the Named Boss respawns right away.

Then there's also a glitch where you can essentially create larger parties of 4 by kicking someone when they're loading. That let's them stay in the same instance but not part of the party.

So they just combined it.

Special C

Outside holster what gear rolls more than 1 stat?

What would be the next logical purchase I have the vector, magazine, knee pads and mask. I am only DZ 31 so only BoO plans for me. I am still working on getting a good vector so that leaves out getting the AK. I am torn between HE gear mods or HE weapon mods for my vector.

The HE stop won't fit on the vector and the Muzzle Brake is Meh. I'd go with whatever Gear mods matches what you are currently using and upgrade.

Deception

They would let you buy level 30 HE items at level 40 in the DZ because by the time you get to 50 you have no use for the level 30 gears anyways.

thespot84

is there a way to upgrade more than 1 mat at time? if i have 200 green mats I want to upgrade to blue I have to do it 40x, which is ridiculous. Hopefully i'm doing something wrong.

bjaelke

is there a way to upgrade more than 1 mat at time? if i have 200 green mats I want to upgrade to blue I have to do it 40x, which is ridiculous. Hopefully i'm doing something wrong.

That's unfortunately how it works now. On PC you can hold spacebar and press esc after each upgrade for a more fluid process.

Granadier

The map indicators for rogues are bugged. This is the second time that they have disappeared from the UI when rogues were within <100m from me.

theWB27

I'm one of those players who help people extract. I'm about this close to going rogue though. Making that sweet 180 is a big turn though.

Alright so what's this challenge mode glitch I keep hearing about bringing eight people with you?

1-3 people go to start of a CM (fast travel) but don't start it. start matchmaking, wait till people get invited, kick them while they are in loading screens. once they actually load in walk in together (hope they don't leave), try to communicate with them to set their party to open and matchmake or invite people.

Basically exploiting the fact that if someone is kicked while they are in the loading screen they don't get removed from the area, and can tag along with the starting group and stay together in the same instance.

might be able to do some shenanigans with a premade if you have 2 or 3 people walk over, third one fast travels, and gets kicked while in the middle of fast travel.

ViciousDS

Banned
1-3 people go to start of a CM (fast travel) but don't start it. start matchmaking, wait till people get invited, kick them while they are in loading screens. once they actually load in walk in together (hope they don't leave), try to communicate with them to set their party to open and matchmake or invite people.

Basically exploiting the fact that if someone is kicked while they are in the loading screen they don't get removed from the area, and can tag along with the starting group and stay together in the same instance.

might be able to do some shenanigans with a premade if you have 2 or 3 people walk over, third one fast travels, and gets kicked while in the middle of fast travel.

Yes we did the daily with 12 people I was like.......holy fuck this is going way too fast for challenge mode.....I noticed once we got to a box that a shit load of people were just white named lol

Next time I joined we had a legit group and I decided to stay to see how hard it was......wasn't too bad. We had people go down once in awhile but it was all about funnelling and using the environment to avoid nade spam.

Somehow I hot the united we stand trophy from everyone going down.....da fuq XD

SnakeEyes

Banned

You're a horrible person, and I hope a group of 10 hunt you til the end of days and you lose many High-End items :p

Raids in The Division confirmed!

So DZ credits buy......garbage

You have to have PXC to buy the good shit(blueprints only things worth a damn in the DZ).....we murdered all the named mobs in the pit me and another guy

They all dropped fucking blues! Also no Phoenix credits dropped.....what the fuck

And

It takes five years to level DZ rank

Yes.....this is really exciting stuff!

Um......it's more like 11k posts in 12 days

First OT....20k and new OT in 7 days

It has slowed way down like I said

Pretty sure I bought my Tactical AUG blueprint with DZ credits not PC, and it is definitely one of the best guns.

Granadier

One shot two rogues at once tonight using the M44 + explosive rounds, only to have their third buddy pop Recovery Link.

giphy.gif

The Flash

Banned
So I've been playing this game for about two weeks now and I might honestly get the season pass. I'm having way more fun with this game than I ever expected. Not that I didn't expect it to be good or anything, this game was just really low on my radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom