• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
should I not focus so much on DPS and look at DMG instead? Doesn't DPS get distorted by silly things like mag size and assuming constant headshots?

Cdwf0TkUEAIITUt.jpg:orig

Just got my first purple in the Dark Zone! Fortuitously, it was a marksman rifle; I was previously using an M1A. I didn't like the other bolt-action marksman that I used previously, but this one feels pretty good. It's also helping me improve my headshot game given the low RPM.

My partner says I look like if Usher and Morpheus had a baby. Because the character creator is so shitty, I'm treating it like Splatoon and fashioning it up.

I'm also squinty for some reason, probably becuase I'm Asian

Frenden

Banned
I have a Pakhan decked out gold mods doing ~130k DPS (could be higher, but I like to not be squishy) and I think folks are sleeping on how much of a laser of death it is with high-end attachments. It seems like a lot of people review guns before they have good mods on them which can make all the difference.

It has super consistent PvE perks. Pair it with the 50% of headshots return a bullet to the mag talent and it destroys elites. I was killing mobs quicker than my bud with a crazy Vector roll last night.

I kinda wonder if this is Gjallarhorn 2.0 situation. Too early to tell, but I like it the most of any of the vendor blueprints so far (I've gotten everything but one shottie and the pistol).

Klyka

Banned
I have a Pakhan decked out gold mods doing ~130k DPS (could be higher, but I like to not be squishy) and I think folks are sleeping on how much of a laser of death it is with high-end attachments. It seems like a lot of people review guns before they have good mods on them which can make all the difference.

It has super consistent PvE perks. Pair it with the 50% of headshots return a bullet to the mag talent and it destroys elites.I was killing mobs quicker than my bud with a crazy Vector roll last night.

I kinda wonder if this is Gjallarhorn 2.0 situation. Too early to tell, but I like it the most of any of the vendor blueprints so far (I've gotten everything but one shottie and the pistol).

the pakhans + to elite and armor damage is insane

Has the developers said anything about a patch to fix some bugs?

The one where the DPS ratings get all screwed up when trying to buy something sometimes is the most annoying one, because I can never tell if what I'm seeing is correct before I buy it. There is a workaround but it doesnt always work.

Other issues are your friends looking in a completely wrong direction but are still shooting enemies(example my friend was sniping enemies but his character on my screen was looking the complete opposite direction).

Another issue is sometimes co op partners will get stuck in a reload loop animation over and over again.

Other than that the game has seemed pretty solid in terms of stability for me. I even like how the game manages to pop you right back into your party if you get disconnected.

FeD.nL

It has super consistent PvE perks. Pair it with the 50% of headshots return a bullet to the mag talent and it destroys elites.I was killing mobs quicker than my bud with a crazy Vector roll last night.

Tbh I think all the LMG's are way more powerful than people give them credit for atm. As you said with the mods they can become absolute powerhouses.

Deku Tree

It has super consistent PvE perks. Pair it with the 50% of headshots return a bullet to the mag talent and it destroys elites. I was killing mobs quicker than my bud with a crazy Vector roll last night.

Should I buy it? I have enough credits but I was thinking about waiting to see what is for sale after the reset.

Archpath1

Running pakhan and sniper is good

Run suppression talent, if you happen to suppress switch to sniper bam headshot

Had a guy raving about it last night

Klyka

Banned

btw as far as i read, that Bonus to headshot damage is not just for the suppressed guy.
So you can suppress an enemy and then shoot a totally different one in the head to get the Bonus

your turret suppressing an enemy also counts

LiK

It helps for hard/challenge missions. Just know its always on by default and you need to manually set it to push to talk. Can't tell you how many mouth breathers and people eating dinner I've had to listen to.

I MMed into a game with a guy coughing like a mofo and I bailed.

Frenden

Banned
Should I buy it? I have enough credits but I was thinking about waiting to see what is for sale after the reset.

I'm hesitant to say anyone should definitely buy anything right now. It's so early to give out recs. I wish I knew for sure. Especially if you're credit strapped. I like LMGs and the Pakhan has great PvE perks. My favorite gun by a mile so far. Lots of folks seem down on it, though.

I run that talent and my secondary is a decent high-end MK14 roll (also way better than it first seems with high-end attachments).

WITHE1982

It helps for hard/challenge missions. Just know its always on by default and you need to manually set it to push to talk. Can't tell you how many mouth breathers and people eating dinner I've had to listen to.

I'd love a PTT option on PS4... sigh. I've had to mute a few people when running HM due to feedback on their mic.

Anyone know why the HE Vector is only 150 DC yet the Black Market AK is 180? Is it 30 better? I've getting one of them tonight and what to maximise my Pheonix Credit to damage/usefulness ratio.

Frenden

Banned
The number of people whose audio is picking up gameplay sounds is annoying. I hate the echo of double audio worse than coughing or someone having a conversation in the background or whatever. It totally puts me on tilt.

One crying baby so far. A real screamer. It a) was awful to hear and b) had me worried the baby was crying so long. Priorities, man. People suck. I bailed there too.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Killing an elite enemy with my friend in the DZ when a player drops down from the second floor in front of me. He then proceeds to chase me.

Thanks, asshole.

Klyka

Banned
The Chat on PC is 99% korean or chinese symbols
I had to turn it off because I can literally not understand a word in it.

I also get matchmade with a ton of asians who will just constantly talk.
like, they never even breath they just talk and talk and talk to SOMEONE but definitely not the team.
then I say "oh ok, Taiwan number 1" and mute them.

it's funny.

xkramz

Wassup with all the air conditioner assets in the game? Lmfaooo they placed them backwards!

In real life. The ac would be blowing hot air into the apartment.

Frenden

Banned
I had some guy who must of had a bird as a pet sitting next to him. Damn thing was screaming at the top of its lungs until I was forced to mute him.
A buddy of mine has a pet bird. Despite playing hundreds of hours of Destiny with him, it still startles me every time it shrieks, haha.

Archpath1

btw as far as i read, that Bonus to headshot damage is not just for the suppressed guy.
So you can suppress an enemy and then shoot a totally different one in the head to get the Bonus

your turret suppressing an enemy also counts

Yea I picked up on that

Didn't know about turret though

DOWN

Banned
Because you need to license it?

It can't be that pricey though. Lots of games from much lower profile publishers and devs have used it. I guess the exception in GTA, which I believe might get away with using it in the context of parody and satire like they do with some other things.

noomi

Went home for lunch to do the 2nd daily, and on the way back to work there was a damn car flipped upside down and made me nearly 20min late.

The things I do for The Division.... worth it!

Mr Croft

should I not focus so much on DPS and look at DMG instead? Doesn't DPS get distorted by silly things like mag size and assuming constant headshots?

Yes it does. Mag size accuracy all that stuff. It is kinda like Diablo 3 this game is sheet dps and alot of it could mean nothing

Tecnniqe

Banned
I was wondering about this with a bunch of things, mainly like why they didn't use FEMA or the CDC when talking about government organizations and instead went with CERA and DCD which are obviously the fictional counterparts.

I get stuff like not using the sports teams as that stuff is probably expensive as fuck.

Same reason GTA dont use brand names for vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom