• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLunted

Banned
Why did they fuck up phoenix credits so much in DZ??

I just want to get the Liberator before the damn Vendor restocks and by the looks of it (and calculating my available gaming time) i wont be able to get it...

I mentioned this earlier, but if Phoenix credits are your goal, then grinding challenges are the best way to go. Also, if yellows are wanted, then challenges are the way to go as well.

Surprising to see so many people haven't figured it out yet and are wasting their time in DZ. DZ is absolutely worthless at the moment. Hopefully they fix that.

Deku Tree

All I get are lvl 30 high ends from CM reward screen. Feels like to get lvl 31 high ends you need to get a lucky boss drop or buy them. Better to buy blueprints cause they cost less PC and you can keep making them as long as you have materials. On the other hand sometimes the finished version of the high end for sale has a god roll.

JohnCYQ

Surprise HE drop/upgrade from running General Assembly (Hard):
ppDcY5k.jpg

I still have not completed a CM run yet. Doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon either since I'll be busy next week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WITHE1982

Honeymoon phase bro. You will be ashamed soon.

Agreed. I seem to remember posting after the Destiny Beta that it was the best MP game in the last 10 years. Feel a bit silly now. I still loved that honeymoon period though.

I still have not completed a CM run yet. Doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon either since I'll be busy next week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice. I'm planning a few runs of General Assembly tonight... please RNG Gods take pity me.

Deku Tree

My priorities in upgrading were

(1) buy a high end primary weapon
(2) buy high end gear to boost my stats the way I want
(3) buy high end mods to boost my weapons and my stats
(4) ??

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Agreed. I seem to remember posting after the Destiny Beta that it was the best MP game in the last 10 years. Feel a bit silly now. I still loved that honeymoon period though.

IMO Destiny IS the best MP game in the last 10 years. Or maybe honeymoon periods last 1000 hours? :)

Anyway, as great as the Division is right now, once someone gets all HE gear, then all they can do is wait for something new to be released next month.

void666

Banned

Well, i was joking actually. Honeymoon phase is an argument i see thrown around a lot.
I'm enjoying the game as well. Of course it won't last forever. But i think this game has a lot of potential. Here's hoping massive delivers good content updates.

I mentioned this earlier, but if Phoenix credits are your goal, then grinding challenges are the best way to go. Also, if yellows are wanted, then challenges are the way to go as well.

Surprising to see so many people haven't figured it out yet and are wasting their time in DZ. DZ is absolutely worthless at the moment. Hopefully they fix that.

No doubt, but personally DZ is a lot more fun and also pugging challege modes is really annoying sometimes.

Deku Tree

IMO Destiny IS the best MP game in the last 10 years. Or maybe honeymoon periods last 1000 hours? :)

Anyway, as great as the Division is right now, once someone gets all HE gear, then all they can do is wait for something new to be released next month.

That is once you can all lvl 31 HE gear, and lvl 31 weapons, and lvl 31 mods. And you can also work to optimize your stats. That can take a while.

lvl 30 HE gear is worse.

Hit level 28 last night and started using the gas seeker mine. I get a kick out of that thing as it seems like an angry little BB-8, and it's funny watching enemies scramble to get away from it.

Played a main mission with a match made team and another player had the flashbang sticky. Those two made for great crowd control.

Ready to get my ego shattered come level 30 challenge missions....

WITHE1982

Wow! 1000 hours is hardcore. I think I racked up around 350 but lost interest when the 2nd DLC came out due to reused assets/levels. Heard TTK is good though.

Yeah without a straight up PVP mode I can kinda see the appeal of The Division waning for a lot of people. Anyway I'm still having a lot of fun with it. Enjoying it while it lasts.

Well, i was joking actually. Honeymoon phase is an argument i see thrown around a lot.
I'm enjoying the game as well. Of course it won't last forever. But i think this game has a lot of potential. Here's hoping massive delivers good content updates.

Ah sorry (this is me below)

BLunted

Banned
No doubt, but personally DZ is a lot more fun and also pugging challege modes is really annoying sometimes.

I definitely agree. I am starting to burn out on challenges.

All I know is I hit 30 on tues night, and am already half decked out in yellows, and should be fully decked out by tonight or tomorrow.

You need a scope with zoom to actually ADS. Great for snipers.

Non zoom scopes will just focus the camera a bit closer.

Seems like the best scopes have no zoom but good accuracy and headshot damage.

Can anyone with an HE scope confirm if you can get over 18% headshot damage and a 12x zoom?

commish

That is once you can all lvl 31 HE gear, and lvl 31 weapons, and lvl 31 mods. And you can also work to optimize your stats. That can take a while.

lvl 30 HE gear is worse.

TBH I haven't found the difference between level 31 and 30 to be that great, at least not enough that would sustain me or make any difference in any of the given content (next update it might though!). I actually think the itemization in this game is a bit wonky and many stats are near useless. Being able to re-roll stats on items really lessens the need to farm gear imo, which is a great thing.

Wow! 1000 hours is hardcore. I think I racked up around 350 but lost interest when the 2nd DLC came out due to reused assets/levels. Heard TTK is good though.

Yeah without a straight up PVP mode I can kinda see the appeal of The Division waning for a lot of people. Anyway I'm still having a lot of fun with it. Enjoying it while it lasts.

Yeah, TTK is amazing, and they fixed so much of what was a problem in vanilla Destiny. Often I hear people's complaints about Destiny, and it's clear they haven't played current Destiny. That said, I've complained about Destiny more than any other game I've played, and Bungie f'd up in so many ways. It's a testament to how strong the core game is that millions of folks played the hell out of the game for over a year.

Seems like the best scopes have no zoom but good accuracy and headshot damage.

Can anyone with an HE scope confirm if you can get over 18% headshot damage and a 12x zoom?

12x zoom is the most rare item in the game, I have i think 1 blue 12x zoom scope, no purple or HE. I need a good one!

Time to plug away... Got to 17 before taking time out to be part of the civilized world. Matchmaking makes me want to cut myself. I think it's mini missions and cleaning up the map for today.

edukate

How do I unlock the last mission?

I've completed all missions but it still doesn't show on my map... Is there a requirement or is this a known glitch?

Valravn

So the Caduceus dropped for me yesterday. Do i need to be happy? Is this considered to be one of the best weapons in the game?

JohnCYQ

So the Caduceus dropped for me yesterday. Do i need to be happy? Is this considered to be one of the best weapons in the game?

Its pretty good for high electronics builds since it has the talent that reduces skill cooldown when you score a headshot.

Headshots > spam skills > Headshots > spam skills

For pure DPS crafting AKs would be better.

commish

I have Fierce, Destructive and Predatory. Predatory gives you 13% health gen per kill over 5 sec. Really useful.

I have the uneasy feeling that the vector is going to get
n e r f e d
lol.

Nerfed? I built 3 of them and ended up going back to my purple assault rifle :p I just wasn't taking enemies down as fast from any distance beyond 15 feet. And in CM, I don't want to be anywhere near an enemy if I can help it. I probably need some better rolls on my Vector.

So what is this games ballahorn?

Golf club. One shots everything.

Flip side is that only enemies have it.

How do you aim down the scope with a rifle in the Division?

I see people looking through a scope on videos but whenever I am aiming I am just pressing the left trigger and I get crosshairs but no scope on screen... Can't believe that I'm not sure how to do such a basic thing...

R3, but you need to have a scope with magnification first (4x, 8x etc)

Nerfed? I built 3 of them and ended up going back to my purple assault rifle :p I just wasn't taking enemies down as fast from any distance beyond 15 feet. And in CM, I don't want to be anywhere near an enemy if I can help it. I probably need some better rolls on my Vector.
Maybe you just got some crap rolls. :/ My vector perks + mods give it some stupidly good range, and when that is paired with the stability it has, it's unreal.

Dat Safe House music is my fucking life jam. Beautiful. Perfect accent to the atmosphere surrounding the game. An unsettling calm. I want it.

Because you need to license it?

I was wondering about this with a bunch of things, mainly like why they didn't use FEMA or the CDC when talking about government organizations and instead went with CERA and DCD which are obviously the fictional counterparts.

I get stuff like not using the sports teams as that stuff is probably expensive as fuck.

ppDcY5k.jpg

Where does it show your total armour stat and how important is it compared to health?

JohnCYQ

Most users run M1A or AK as their primary, with Vector as secondary. Of course you don't shoot at long range with an SMG (unless its an AUG), that's just being silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom