• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

So there's no way to see when people are grouped up, eh? I need that... oh and player inspection.

Destiny has spoiled me

Alpende

I have to say the small details are really great. I was walking in a snow storm and my character turned his head away from the blowing wind, really cool stuff.

Also, tactical coat looks awesome without a jacket.

ocean

Banned
Of all the endgame characters im seeing everyone has more or less gone for similar builds.
Is it not worth going full tank or electronics build?

Can't speak for electronics. But I spent like 4 hours playing with a tank last night and it looked like a blast. He ran a shotgun with an absurd amount of health and perks which triggered health recovery on crit/kill/cover/movement/sneezing whatever. We just mowed down Challenge mode and DZ with him leading the fights. But his armor was also super high, he was at like 60% damage reduction.

I think the game makes glass cannon builds extremely easy to build relative to others. Making a tank viable requires some serious stat min/maxing, a super high armor stat for damage reduction and ideally some helpful perks on your items.

The result if you make it though? Dude was just a wall of pain.

Shane

I have to say the small details are really great. I was walking in a snow storm and my character turned his head away from the blowing wind, really cool stuff.

Also, tactical coat looks awesome without a jacket.

Noticing that the snow collects on your scarf. Amazing detail.

Palmer_v1

So I found a Midas, but I keep hearing it got nerfed? Why did it get nerfed and is it still good post-nerf? I haven't bought the vector blueprint yet.

Xanathus

Finished all of the missions, side missions and encounters and have collected ~50% of the collectibles. Not sure how much time I want to invest into the DZ and minmaxing my gear because from the looks of things the high-end stuff is unfinished.

Namikaze1

Anyone else wants to do CM? Have one spot open once Deku and I are done with our current run with these two randoms. PSN is namikaze1.

Selrach

Neo Member
Question for you guys starting and enjoying endgame how viable are combat medic builds? I'm currently using the support station, turret and combat medic talent as I level to keep myself and allies up in a kind of support role. Just wondering if this is the kind of thing people will want in the future for the harder content and is there a setup someone can recommend for when I hit 30.

Shane

Question for you guys starting and enjoying endgame how viable are combat medic builds? I'm currently using the support station, turret and combat medic talent as I level to keep myself and allies up in a kind of support role. Just wondering if this is the kind of thing people will want in the future for the harder content and is there a setup someone can recommend for when I hit 30.

I'd say go for it. Not heard of anyone trying that build and so why not.

I'm trying to go for suppression and team boosting - electronics and dmg is what I'm focusing on.

I use that setup and enjoy it a lot. I alternate between the flame turret and the standard one depending on if I need more crowd control or not.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Most users run M1A or AK as their primary, with Vector as secondary. Of course you don't shoot at long range with an SMG (unless its an AUG), that's just being silly.

Right, my point was more that my assault rifle can handle close quarter action as well as ranged action while my vector was just less flexible in that regard.

Selrach

Neo Member
I use that setup and enjoy it a lot. I alternate between the flame turret and the standard one depending on if I need more crowd control or not.

That's a good idea since I drop my turret for the distraction factor as well as damage a lot, will have to unlock that mod when I'm on next.

Tecnniqe

Banned
GTA's status as a parody America is their primary reason for not using real brands so not a good example. They've been open about not wanting real brands in the series.

You think Audi or whatever is gonna allow their brand to be used in a game where you mow down people?

That's a good idea since I drop my turret for the distraction factor as well as damage a lot, will have to unlock that mod when I'm on next.

Yup. There's also a perk (or skill, or whatever it's called) that gives you a 30% chance to inflict burn on all enemies within 10m if you burn one. Pretty nifty.

Can't speak for electronics. But I spent like 4 hours playing with a tank last night and it looked like a blast. He ran a shotgun with an absurd amount of health and perks which triggered health recovery on crit/kill/cover/movement/sneezing whatever. We just mowed down Challenge mode and DZ with him leading the fights. But his armor was also super high, he was at like 60% damage reduction.

I think the game makes glass cannon builds extremely easy to build relative to others. Making a tank viable requires some serious stat min/maxing, a super high armor stat for damage reduction and ideally some helpful perks on your items.

The result if you make it though? Dude was just a wall of pain.

That does sound really cool.
I'm thinking of going big in Health / Electronics to be a super effective medic. Only downside is i think it will suck for PvP.

mellow

finally starting to feel the fatigue. I've kinda lost all interest in the Dark Zone for now. It has potential but needs a lot of tweaks. Think I'll see if there's anything neat in the HE vendor reset and then take a break until the new content arrives.

Some you just activate, with nothing to collect, and they count toward the total echo amount. You will see the number upping your total if you pay attention. I still have one of those showing on the map, but I was still able to get them all and have the jacket reward.

Unfortunately not for me. It was part of a side mission looking for someone and the second of 3 is bugged. It finished the side mission but it's still locked in my Intel list and when I go back to activate it the icon to collect it is not there nor did it ever show up.

Very lame.

So basically the only way to get pheonix credits is to play in a group? There's no way in hell you can beat a level 30 mission on challenging solo, that's for sure...

Hjod

Banned
So basically the only way to get pheonix credits is to play in a group? There's no way in hell you can beat a level 30 mission on challenging solo, that's for sure...

Yes, that or farm DZ for named bosses. It's going to take me forever to get the amount of PCC I need.

ocean

Banned
I've only just started really paying attention to the environment. It's amazing how they've made the familiar seem completely creepy. It's just easy to rush past zones and not pay attention to the details. Around the Dark Zone I see sidewalks full of body bags. I see JTF officers hanging from their feet off building scaffolds. Graffiti on walls with outright disturbing messages like "I don't want justice - I want revenge".

Just the idea of a quarantine zone being militarized and walled off and then completely abandoned by the authorities sets an extremely dark tone. I kinda wish Clancy had actually written a novel detailing this atmosphere.

noomi

Yeah I think I'll be running multiple characters... Destiny might not have drained ALL the life out of me after all!

https://youtu.be/Iqs6WNKF9oc

Ah man... maybe one day I will make an alt, no time for that right now.

This guy disagrees :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw62doWDlH0

did a side mission in Hell's Kitchen and got Blue drops as upgrades for my Assault Rifle and SMG and another Blue as a mask that's better for damage but would drop my health so it's iffy

that's the most luck I've had with drops so far...normally it's just Greens (or Grays)

Naite

Well I guess I'm taking a break from this game.

JBIOhh9.jpg

I alt+f4'd the game after it wasn't loading anything during a fast travel and now I can't log in.

EL CUCO

I've only just started really paying attention to the environment. It's amazing how they've made the familiar seem completely creepy. It's just easy to rush past zones and not pay attention to the details. Around the Dark Zone I see sidewalks full of body bags. I see JTF officers hanging from their feet off building scaffolds. Graffiti on walls with outright disturbing messages like "I don't want justice - I want revenge".

Just the idea of a quarantine zone being militarized and walled off and then completely abandoned by the authorities sets an extremely dark tone. I kinda wish Clancy had actually written a novel detailing this atmosphere.
This is part of the reason why I'm still only a measly level 20 with close to 40hrs. Been enjoying the environment so much. If nobody is asking me to do a mission or go into DZ, I'm just fine with exploring the map and taking in the setting. The atmosphere is amazing.

Sorting through the intel to get nuggets of lore is also well done.

Man. So, after you finish the missions and go to the DZ, how in the fuck am I supposed to get decent gear/weapons? I mean, I need level 50 to buy the coolest stuff. Or if I go to the BoO, I need ridiculous amounts of Phoenix credits which I have no idea where to get from. Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom