• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would advise you to wait till the first Content drop in April at least.

It is not far away and adds a new endgame activity and "much more" and by that update we can gauge how the future Content might turn out.

I don't know if you have played Destiny from the start but if you did (or someone else) do you feel like The Division does it better from the get go?

Klyka

Banned
To those getting yellow drops...where in the DZ? And who are you killing? High scavenge percentage?

My friends and I hunt exclusively in DZ 05 and 06 because the lower Level enemies are boring to fight.

We have each gotten 1 yellow drop in the DZ now. I can't tell you scavenging %.

I don't know if you have played Destiny from the start but if you did (or someone else) do you feel like The Division does it better from the get go?

I have played Destiny from release day, yeah

I feel that Division does a lot of stuff better than Destiny did on launch. The world + world building, the itemization and the matchmaking are all great for me.
The Dark Zone is great fun if you like the Tension that there might always be a crazy Person who will gun you down. I personally don't miss "normal" PvP modes, but I know others feel differently.
I like that the Story missions are all like "dungeons" or "strikes" from Destiny. Even the later side missions often have their own Little "mini dungeons"

I'd still say, if you were burned by release day Destiny, wait for the Divisions first Content drop and scope that out.
If you still feel uneasy, wait another month for the second Content drop that will also Change the dark Zone.

Then make your decision, cause i'd advise to jump in before the first paid DLC goes live.

Shane

The DPS stat is really wierd. It makes assumptions about how often you reload/headshot/critical which might not be comparable to how you use a weapon.

You really have to look at all the stats and try the guns out.
Personally, I prefer low fire rates, high bullet damage and big magazines.
High fire rates tend to cause more misses from recoil, and a lot of my deaths happen when reloading.

Definitely. There's one hint on a loading screen which says exactly that. But outside of that it makes DPS seem the most important thing.

I am sure this has been answered but "stability" and horizontal stability and such, I have a vector, which stats will make it so the spray is less sprayee

My friends and I hunt exclusively in DZ 05 and 06 because the lower Level enemies are boring to fight.

We have each gotten 1 yellow drop in the DZ now. I can't tell you scavenging %.

Good to know. We spend a good amount of time in the pit and connected subway. Thanks for the info.

So I'm lvl 30, DZ lvl 30. Half pink gear, half high end. Ran challenging Lexington a bunch last night. Have the high end vector from the blueprint and a decent pink AR. I also built the high end extended mag.

What are my next steps here? I was planning to get the black market AK high end blueprint and then head into the DZ. should I be goin to the DZ or keep farming PC in the challenging missions? What should I be doing in the DZ?

Not really sure where to start chasing these high end named weapons

void666

Banned
I think i made a mistake. An Aug smg with good dmg and rolls dropped for me. I had enough PC to buy the vector HE blueprint and i did.
First roll, good talents, not so good dmg. Tried again and got meh talents and good damage. But i don't have high enough stats to activate the talents anyway.
My Aug out dps the vector. I should've gone with HE extended magazine...

deoee

I am sure this has been answered but "stability" and horizontal stability and such, I have a vector, which stats will make it so the spray is less sprayee

Stability and horizintal stability will let the weapon stay were you aim.
Initial Bullet Stability helps with the first kick of a weapon e.g. the LMGs tend to kick upwards by massive amounts for the first few bullets.

In my understanding accuracy is for the crosshair to "get small" again.

Klyka

Banned
Does anyone know if the high end armo crafted from blueprints can have differing Special talents?

I made two Stamina kneepads and both have "triple the reward for accolades" which sadly doesn't really help in the DZ :(

deoee

Does anyone know if the high end armo crafted from blueprints can have differing Special talents?

I made two Stamina kneepads and both have "triple the reward for accolades" which sadly doesn't really help in the DZ :(

AFAIR they are random - I can check when I'm at home and don't forget to :|

Stability and horizintal stability will let the weapon stay were you aim.
Initial Bullet Stability helps with the first kick of a weapon e.g. the LMGs tend to kick upwards by massive amounts for the first few bullets.

In my understanding accuracy is for the crosshair to "get small" again.

Cool thanks. Will try to get stability/horizontal so my headshot spray will hit more.

Crackbone

fair enough, those drop off dz 3 and 4 too ( i think all drops ) I bet they add higher ilvls though in future patches.

True enough. However I find the amount of folks willing to go up there to be much less than the farming that's going on in 01-02. While it takes longer to kill them you aren't really ever pressed to find mobs.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lol I know.

Any EU/UK adult xbox players want to add me. I have some good people that play this as well. We could make some big DZ teams.

Van Winkel x

I can't wait to see what the incursions are like.

You can add me. GT is username.

The main difference is that the Division has easy matchmaking for all main missions. So it's like starting with the strikes from Destiny, rather than the tedious solo missions.
The co-op is also a bit more team-based, rather than 3-4 guys doing their own thing. A lot of your skills affect other people, and that encourages people to work together.

I've enjoyed it more than Destiny, though the NYC open-world environment gets much more monotonous, since it all looks the same - unlike Earth/Moon/Venus/Mars.

Deku Tree

How do you aim down the scope with a rifle in the Division?

I see people looking through a scope on videos but whenever I am aiming I am just pressing the left trigger and I get crosshairs but no scope on screen... Can't believe that I'm not sure how to do such a basic thing...

I got to the final boss in lexington daily and my controller desynced for 10 seconds making me have to restart the game for it to work with the game, making me have to restart the mission. Oh well I will try again before reset today.

deoee

I see people looking through a scope on videos but whenever I am aiming I am just pressing the left trigger and I get crosshairs but no scope on screen... Can't believe that I'm not sure how to do such a basic thing...

On oc it's right click --> then Tab.

But the scopes barely have any zoom <:D

Klyka

Banned

i bet it's pressing R3 on the consoles

I think i made a mistake. An Aug smg with good dmg and rolls dropped for me. I had enough PC to buy the vector HE blueprint and i did.
First roll, good talents, not so good dmg. Tried again and got meh talents and good damage. But i don't have high enough stats to activate the talents anyway.
My Aug out dps the vector. I should've gone with HE extended magazine...

A shout out to anyone, always buy and craft the HE extended Mag first, this will make any gun you desire have a much better damage output. I must ask though, you say the AUG out dps's the Vector, don't believe the character sheet. Take both weapons to the firing range, shoot them, watch the numbers, note them down... i bet you the Vector is better.

I will note though i have never used a Vector without at least a 40 bullet clip, one with 20 bullets will have you reloading more than shooting.

the biggest takeaway ive gotten from division v destiny is that matchmaking is not terrible and giving users a choice wether they want to use it or not is a GOOD thing.

void666

Banned
A shout out to anyone, always buy and craft the HE extended Mag first, this will make any gun you desire have a much better damage output. I must ask though, you say the AUG out dps's the Vector, don't believe the character sheet. Take both weapons to the firing range, shoot them, watch the numbers, note them down... i bet you the Vector is better.

I will note though i have never used a Vector without at least a 40 bullet clip, one with 20 bullets will have you reloading more than shooting.

I should've done that. But i wanted a HE weapon.
I have a purple extended mag. 70% iirc. Vector goes up to 33 bullets or something.
Oh well, live and learn.

I crafted a yellow clip that lowers the dps significantly as purple clip has +25%rate of of fire. RNG i suppose.

Rodin

If you buy the physical PC copy can you install the game from the disc or you still have to download it, similarly to what happened with other recent PC games?

Anyone?

EDIT: did some research, if anyone is interested the PC physical copy does indeed contain the entire game, there are 5 DVDs in the box.

DPS in games only matters if you are hitting the target every momemt in battle, use what works best for your combat setup!

Sorry I had to say that, I always take accuracy/crit rate over pure DPS in a lot of games.

Nodnol

Lol I know.

Any EU/UK adult xbox players want to add me. I have some good people that play this as well. We could make some big DZ teams.

Van Winkel x

I can't wait to see what the incursions are like.

I'll drop you a request too. GT is Nodnol88.

For those wondering on PC you right click for iron sight then middle mouse button for scope. That is if you have a scope equipped on your current weapon.

ISOM

the biggest takeaway ive gotten from division v destiny is that matchmaking is not terrible and giving users a choice wether they want to use it or not is a GOOD thing.

Yeah, I never got what was the point of leaving out matchmaking. You can still team up with groups that you know but give people the option to matchmake with randoms.

I'm stuck in an office and I was just thinking that it would be awesome to be able to have an app that would let me craft and buy materials, guns, armors, etc from my phone and have them ready for me when I get home to play. This game is taking up too much of my time already! &#128513;&#128513;&#128514;

Deku Tree

I hope the security wing vendor sells a named marksman rifle after the reset. I am saving my money for some named high end after reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom