• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I don't know if it's to farm hard dailies, but the only 2 reasons I could see are if you think incursions will be locked to once per week (which I do think will happen) or to have a character to play around with in the DZ.

These two I can understand. Earlier a MarcoStyle video was posted where he mentioned that it would be advantageous to have a 30 alt for daily farming. That's what didn't really make sense to me.

I actually find it easier to just dismantle it on the alt so you can keep buying and dismantling right then and there.

Are mats shared across characters as well?

All of the alt farming theories I've seen so far seem to be for situations where you can't just farm CM missions over and over. Since a CM can be done in 15-30 mins and yields 30 PXC, it seems like a waste of time to level an alt to 30 just for the double dailies.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

This would definitely be fruitful for crafting.
Yeah I also agreed with you. It's easier to just grind CM. I could be wrong like you mention as well.

Hung Wei Lo

I finally joined the grown ups and hit level 30 last night. I'll try adding some people from the Google docs list too, but most of DestinyGAF have migrated over to this, so I hopefully I'll have a bunch of people to join up with.

edit: oops..still have to do the final mission and clean up the encounters - strange

Question time: what's the difference between First Wave gear vs SOCOM vs other named items?

So I'm a level 23 outside of the Dark Zone and a level 19 in the Dark Zone. So far all my gear items are purple loot item excepted gloves, mask and secondary weapon. If I made it an effort to get to level 30 in the DZ because all the gear is locked for me until lvl 30. From your experiences would the Dark Zone vendors equipment just locked me out again until lvl 50?

Jebron

So I've put almost 40 hours into the Xbox One version of the game and absolutely love it. I bought the PC version a few days ago, and the PC version looks and plays infinitely better. I'm torn now though because I'm mostly a solo player.

I don't have many friends on either Xbox One or PC that I play with, but the appeal of the PC version is so strong. Am I crazy to just dump the ~40 hours I've poured into the Xbox One version and start from scratch on the PC version?

So I'm a level 23 outside of the Dark Zone and a level 19 in the Dark Zone. So far all my gear items are purple loot item excepted gloves, mask and secondary weapon. If I made it an effort to get to level 30 in the DZ because all the gear is locked for me until lvl 30. From your experiences would the Dark Zone vendors equipment just locked me out again until lvl 50?

Dont worry about dz vendor loot, it doesnt matter until level 50 dz anyways. The level 30 are worse than or equal to the drops you will get in the dz at level 30.

Checkpoint Vendors will still have DZ Rank 30 items for you (and plenty of them) no matter your level. But the DZ Safe House stuff and iirc some of the check point vendors will have DZ Rank 50 locked items.

You'll need to get to Rank 50 eventually but 30 is good enough to upgrade as you level.

These two I can understand. Earlier a MarcoStyle video was posted where he mentioned that it would be advantageous to have a 30 alt for daily farming. That's what didn't really make sense to me.

Are mats shared across characters as well?

Can you send mats back though? Or do you mean craft the yellows items on your alt and send them back.

One of my buddies was doing it and it sounded like he put them in the stash but I could be wrong.

Alucrid

Banned
So all you need is a gun that has that and light yourself on fire and you never die? or is there something else I am missing here.

it's the armor ability, and you die if you get down to 0 health, your health will just regenerate constantly to full health all the time, even in battle.

ocean

Banned
So correcto me if I'm wrong but apparently the only reasons to have an alt are:

1. To keep him low level buying cheap gear for mats
2. To have him at level 30 so you can swap gear out and do all the Rogue bullshittery without risking rank losses on your main.

Cause neither of these seem compelling enough to start a new character over :p

I'm guessing Incursions won't be farmable and will drop a weekly really good drop or something and that'll be the reason people keep alts (multiple Incursion clears per reset or whatever).

Brandwin

So the consensus is still to deconstruct everything, especially for people like myself just at level 18. I turned all my greens into blues and have quite a few blues sitting there ready to be crafted. I have $22k in cash. Most people seem to think the materials are bigger needs once you reach level 30 than cash.

I am sure this has been talked about over and over, I just don't want to mess anything up haha

AHA-Lambda

cross post from Steam thread

Eh, 15 hours later, I'm nearing the end of the story in The Division.

Getting real repetitive now, especially with the necessary grinding between missions, and playing solo is getting much harder.
All I really wanted was a decent cover shooter really, the MMO-ness never compelled meI admit but I was intrigued regardless; plus for the price I got it for I've certainly got my money's worth already and don't feel bad.

But I don't see how it's much of an RPG at all really =/
RPG elements, like levelling up, sure? Is looting indicative of being an RPG? Can't see what else makes this an RPG at all.
Also, the open world is entirely empty, vacant space taken up between the icons/missions you trudge to. Given how big it is traversal should be better.

And forget any story, but at least it doesn't aim and shoot itself in the foot like Destiny did.

And outside of the Dark Zone it isn't even really social, let alone MMO-like (and I've never considered Destiny much of an MMO either for similar reasons).
I only wanted a decent cover shooter and I more or less got that, but I don't feel that is what most wanted, so, I can't help but wonder why it's done so well? Cos it's barely an RPG or an MMO.

Deku Tree

So the consensus is still to deconstruct everything, especially for people like myself just at level 18. I turned all my greens into blues and have quite a few blues sitting there ready to be crafted. I have $22k in cash. Most people seem to think the materials are bigger needs once you reach level 30 than cash.

I am sure this has been talked about over and over, I just don't want to mess anything up haha

Deconstruct for materials if you want to craft.

Sell for credits if you want to buy stuff. The vendor in the security wing sells named high end weapons for like 500k credits, these seem to be the "best in class" weapons in the Division.

Wish I had saved my credits and gotten both AK and Vector blueprints. Will only be able to afford one before the vendor changes. Which is better? I've seen a lot of Vector praise.

Deconstruct for materials if you want to craft.

Sell for credits if you want to buy stuff. The vendor in the security wing sells named high end weapons for like 500k credits, these seem to be the "best in class" weapons in the Division.
How much do blues sell for on your 30 main, I'm saving for that 400k lmg phakan

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wish I had saved my credits and gotten both AK and Vector blueprints. Will only be able to afford one before the vendor changes. Which is better? I've seen a lot of Vector praise.

They are both top notch, so it comes down to preference really.

HighlanderCZ

Neo Member
Hey guys, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Posting here, since I can't create new threads yet. So I've just ordered parts for a new beastly PC and there was a Division code that came with the GPU. I'm looking to give it to someone who either can't afford the game, or wants it for a friend who can't afford it, since I have no interest in online games (or Ubi games, for that matter), so I'd never play it anyway.

Just reply to this post if you want the code, I'll PM it to you.

Fair warning - the stuff was bought on Czech store, so I have no idea whether the code is region locked or not.

Ruruja

Hey guys, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Posting here, since I can't create new threads yet. So I've just ordered parts for a new beastly PC and there was a Division code that came with the GPU. I'm looking to give it to someone who either can't afford the game, or wants it for a friend who can't afford it, since I have no interest in online games (or Ubi games, for that matter), so I'd never play it anyway.

Just reply to this post if you want the code, I'll PM it to you.

Fair warning - the stuff was bought on Czech store, so I have no idea whether the code is region locked or not.

I'd love to give it to my friend who wants to play it. Hopefully the region thing isn't going to mess with it.

Kane1345

So how does the DZ change when you're 30? Is it basically the same NPC's in the exact same spots but all upgraded to level 30 or are there other differences?

So I've put almost 40 hours into the Xbox One version of the game and absolutely love it. I bought the PC version a few days ago, and the PC version looks and plays infinitely better. I'm torn now though because I'm mostly a solo player.

I don't have many friends on either Xbox One or PC that I play with, but the appeal of the PC version is so strong. Am I crazy to just dump the ~40 hours I've poured into the Xbox One version and start from scratch on the PC version?

No, play with me and my friends. I dare you.

Kadin

Wondering how people's experiences have been with matchmaking in the DZ, specifically on X1. I bought the game with a group of friends with the intention of running with them but they're all flakes and aren't ever playing. Sadly I don't think the game gelled with them. Screw em, lol.

So I'd like to jump in from time to time and start leveling in the DZ since I hit 30 a short time ago and wondered if matchmaking is a good option. I've leveled to 9 myself with little problems but I know that won't be the case in the 30 bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom