• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serick

Married Member
NO it's not stable yet.

Still crashes

I have 2 days of played time on those drivers without so much as a stutter.

W10 980ti

Also I'm referring to the WHQL release, not the beta .51 (no idea if there's a difference other than how they were tagged at the time).

NO it's not stable yet.

Still crashes

A couple of my friends that didn't update further than 362 had problems frequently so they downloaded the latest a couple days ago. While they still have had a couple problems since updating to 364.51, it's toned down with it. I'd rather take the risk with an enhanced update versus no update.

Quick

Banned
I'm thinking of picking this up on PS4 - how long is the story mode/how much is there to do for single player?

I tend to do either a chunk or all of the story before jumping into multiplayer.

Kal_El

Here's something weird that happened to me while playing and crafting weapons. I found some amazing gloves that gives me +500 LMG dmg so instead of going Liberator I went with the LMG blueprint. When I first was able to craft it the dmg range was 5001-5999 something like that. My total dps around this time was 80k+.

I've played quite a bit since then and found some great guns and my dps is now 105k+ so while visiting the crafting station that same LMG can now be crafted between 5700-6599 range. Will this happen with all guns as you get stronger?

I'm thinking of picking this up on PS4 - how long is the story mode/how much is there to do for single player?

I tend to do either a chunk or all of the story before jumping into multiplayer.

You can do it all solo, or do it solo while matchmaking with randoms. It's all completely possible solo with the exception of when you get to Level 30 (cap) and do the Daily Hard and Challenge missions. Those I recommend to matchmake or group up.

Quick

Banned
You can do it all solo, or do it solo while matchmaking with randoms. It's all completely possible solo with the exception of when you get to Level 30 (cap) and do the Daily Hard and Challenge missions. Those I recommend to matchmake or group up.

Thanks. I think I might just pick it up then.

Korosenai

What happens hypotheticallyif I'm level 30, level 35 in the dark zone, and I go to dz01. Is it just a bunch of level 10-14s running around still?

What I like about this game is traditionally on shooters I've totally ignored the single player/story aspect of the game. I have always jumped straight into the multi-player with the Division I get the feeling this wouldn't bold to well for the multi-player character being that your character gets stronger through the story campaign. I'm enjoying that aspect of The Division.

Deku Tree

Yeah grinding to DZ rank 50 is boring after a while. And running the same CM mission over and over to grind PC gets old fast too. And the hard daily challenges are very easy now.

Frillen

I've done one CM mission before (don't remember which one), how is today's daily in terms of difficulty? Anyone up for it? :) PSN SuperYlvis

Yeah grinding to DZ rank 50 is boring after a while. And running the same CM mission over and over to grind PC gets old fast too. And the hard daily challenges are very easy now.
Yep agreed. The new content that's releasing will determine if I will continue playing the division. It was a short fun ride so far.

spyder_ur

What pieces of gear can scavenging roll on? I know people are undecided how useful it is, but I'd like to play around. Kneepads and backpack I know.

Reached level 27 last night. Man this game is a grind but I'm loving it. The community seems really great, too. Matchmaking and getting randoms ive noticed everyone helps everyone. Its also a blast to play with friends. Great game so far. Glad I picked up Gold.

telasoman

I've done one CM mission before (don't remember which one), how is today's daily in terms of difficulty? Anyone up for it? :) PSN SuperYlvis

IMO, the russian consulate mission is the most difficult CM, due to the abundance of small corridors with healing heavy minions.

The Lincoln Tunnel and Lexington Event center are about the same level of difficulty, where just not playing crazy will get you through fairly easily.

Sober

Well the other option would be to go full MMO and limit how many times you do raids and challenge versions so you are physically gated.

These "find the virus scanner" missions are the dumbest things in this game. Period. You're basically just moving around trying to find out where they hide these stupid pieces of shit. I just had a 8 minute mission where I didn't find a single fucking one of them. Screw. That.

Xanathus

These "find the virus scanner" missions are the dumbest things in this game. Period. You're basically just moving around trying to find out where they hide these stupid pieces of shit. I just had a 8 minute mission where I didn't find a single fucking one of them. Screw. That.

I've done all of them and they all follow a pattern where they're all evenly spaced out and located in such a way that it's possible to find them in a linear route all the way to the final machine.

Deku Tree

There are several problems with using MM for doing DZ grinding. First, people can boot you from their team and kill you and loot you. Second, people can go rogue without your consent and that forces your whole team to go rogue and then you can die and lose a massive amount of DZ rep. Also MM team-mates can sometimes just be bad at the game which is frustrating too.

Kalamari

There are several problems with using MM for doing DZ grinding. First, people can boot you from their team and kill you and loot you. Second, people can go rogue without your consent and that forces your whole team to go rogue and then you can die and lose a massive amount of DZ rep. Also MM team-mates can sometimes just be bad at the game which is frustrating too.

You can also leave the team yourself and kill your teammates as well. If you're a real asshole.

spyder_ur

I mean yeah, but I've had mostly really positive experiences matchmaking for DZ, once I can actually get a proper-level group and get in there.

Your first one I haven't seen. The second I've seen but it's not that frequent, especially because there isn't that much rogue going on.

The perks definitely outweigh going solo.

deoee

I have 2 days of played time on those drivers without so much as a stutter.

W10 980ti

Also I'm referring to the WHQL release, not the beta .51 (no idea if there's a difference other than how they were tagged at the time).

It crashed my pc twice @ lol yesterrday

So my friend is trying to get me to buy The Division and I have a question. How PvP-centric is this game now and planning to be in the future? Like, will you need to be good at killing/outsmarting other players to succeed and get the best gear? Will you be a drain on your team if you suck? Because I generally suck at PvP.

Naite

Decided to buy the Pakhan LMG. I think I like it more than the vector, at least for pve. Reload speed is good for a magazine of this size (using high end extended mag mod + one is none) and the added range really helps. The talents for added damage against armor and elite enemies is a lot more useful for me than crit talents on my vector for CM.

Guess it also help that I got new high end gloves with +500 LMG damage.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'd love if they implemented a WoW-style dps meter for the shooting range.
It's frustrating trying to estimate which mods actually increase your deeps rather than just inflating the UI number. Looking at you, accuracy.

mellow

so what weapon are you guys hoping shows up at the phoenix credit vendor tomorrow?

if there's a classic M60 or an AUG i'll be ecstatic

Deku Tree

bjaelke

So my friend is trying to get me to buy The Division and I have a question. How PvP-centric is this game now and planning to be in the future? Like, will you need to be good at killing/outsmarting other players to succeed and get the best gear? Will you be a drain on your team if you suck? Because I generally suck at PvP.

There's plenty of PvE content you can do with your friend. Even the PvP area (Dark Zone) is mainly run a PvE instance right now.

deoee

I forgot which safe house it is, but did you guys notice the Ubisoft and For Honor billboards in the room? Lol

Yup, theres also Grow Home game-boxes lying aroun in other SH Ö:D

Bs16JpX.gif

catspit

Here's something weird that happened to me while playing and crafting weapons. I found some amazing gloves that gives me +500 LMG dmg so instead of going Liberator I went with the LMG blueprint. When I first was able to craft it the dmg range was 5001-5999 something like that. My total dps around this time was 80k+.

I've played quite a bit since then and found some great guns and my dps is now 105k+ so while visiting the crafting station that same LMG can now be crafted between 5700-6599 range. Will this happen with all guns as you get stronger?

Ya I don't understand this fully either..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom