• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dude

Question: what does it mean when there are yellow blocks around missions on the map?

xFcDz3O.png

Khasim

Question: what does it mean when there are yellow blocks around missions on the map?

xFcDz3O.png

It tells you which icon you're going to select next if you use the arrow keys or the D-pad to switch between them.

In this case, if you press up+left, you're going to select that icon.

T.O.P

Banned
Might take the 12th off tbh

If the update drops early in the day i wanna be able to finish the Incursion on Hard and at least attempt it on Challenging

th3dude

Some definite shots towards Destiny -

No loot lockouts other than weekly bonus
Matchmaking for every possible group activity
Trading within your group
Gear sets

Love it all.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Ok guys, I'm going on a hunt for the first wave m1a. Does he drop for hornet in hard mode or just challenge?

Goin to try that for a bit then I'll venture in to dark zone.

Macrotus

Want so hard. The rest of the new stuff is second tier to the dz gear set.

Set bonus: When killing a player, you can choose one piece of gear to steal from them which they are currently equipping.

If this was the set piece bonus, some people would rage, including me =P

Reposting this from the last page, hoping maybe some did? They looked single digit to me, but I'm sure that was for daily assignments -- I would hope the weekly ones offer more.

Did they mention how gear score is calculated? I'm at work and missed that part of the stream.

Also....... Did the grenades blast radius seem larger to anyone else?

I didn't see them mention it beyond that it also looks into your inventory when calculating your gear score, so you can twink / smurf anybody by doing that.

I also saw that the HE piece in their backpack had the same gear score as the set piece, so, presumably, being geared out currently in HE pieces should mean that you have enough gear score to do this thang wants it goes live.

Mob

Just got an alert that my season pass supply drop was available at the rewards vendor.

3 dark zone keys.

BaVkv3S.gif

My supply drop contained the Agent Origins items and the Survival Pack items, was a nice surprise as I couldn't redeem the Origins code I got back at launch.

Deku Tree

I hope the weekly Incursion bonus is just extra PC like the Daily bonus for Challenge Mode. I would be mad if the players that run four alts get four drops at Set Gear and I only get one.

Deku Tree

The Incursion looks like a wave based Horde mode TBH. Horde mode's usually don't have checkpoints. Is it only in that one room? Or do you travel through a whole collection of areas? Is it just survive until wave 20 and then you get a lot drop?

catspit

The Incursion looks like a wave based Horde mode TBH. Is it only in that one room? Or do you travel through a whole collection of areas? Is it just survive until wave 20 and then you get a lot drop?
It looked like you will go down pipes/sewer area and then into that large room with the waves/horde mode.

I get put off/bored by the 3-4 waves in the challenge modes when you don't advance into a different area... So 15 looks really unappealing to me.

erawsd

I hope the weekly Incursion bonus is just extra PC like the Daily bonus for Challenge Mode. I would be mad if the players that run four alts get four drops at Set Gear and I only get one.

I hope the reward is more than just some crummy Phoenix credits. I dont really care that someone with four alts is gearing up faster than me.

Jinjo

So Incursion is just a horde mode?

Disappointing. Not gonna continue the massive end game grind just to play some horde mode...

Deku Tree

So Incursion is just a horde mode?

Disappointing. Not gonna continue the massive end game grind just to play some horde mode...

This is unclear, but the way they explained it as "this is the room for the incursion" made it sound to me like that was the only room where you fight.

ch4fx_

I also saw that the HE piece in their backpack had the same gear score as the set piece, so, presumably, being geared out currently in HE pieces should mean that you have enough gear score to do this thang wants it goes live.

I didn't notice this... BUT I LIKE IT!

I'm super glad that our gear/weapons won't become obsolete right away.

Really looking forward to the next few weeks. I haven't quit playing since launch & after today's events -- I don't think I'm going to slow down.

Deku Tree

They said that you would have to make a choice between set gear and HE gear. Your HE gear has a fixed talent in it. But if you equip at least four pieces of the same set gear then you some kind of big extra ability or something extra that you are able to do. The set gear loses the fixed talent of the HE gear. It sounded like they were all going to be ilvl 31 though, at least for now.

EL CUCO

IIRC, they also said the Incursion boss would be impenetrable with bullets. There would be some sort of mechanic involved.

Deku Tree

In one of the clips the objective said "1/15 waves".

During the stream, they showed some brief gameplay & a check point popped up that said "Wave 1/15" (or something of that nature).

Thanks! So it sounds a lot like a horde mode....

IIRC, they also said the Incursion boss would be impenetrable with bullets. There would be some sort of mechanic involved.

... so a horde mode with a boss mechanic?

Don't know if I want to be one of the first groups to try and figure out the boss mechanic on wave 15 and wipe and have to do 15 waves again to try to figure out the boss mechanic again.

Klyka

Banned
They said there are "multiple ways of taking out the boss"

One we aw in the video was picking up explosives and using them on the boss.

Milennia

Lfm people interested in chain running or attempting incursions on Xbox launch day, gt: melennia

Full 31 high end gear, support build with caduceus resets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom